Options

11/19 HEAVY GLOBAL (How Are We Doing)

Comments

• Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    OK here is a short range battle that I just fought. If it was for the additional health that I now have, it would have been a "sudden death" battle. The battle is the short range one where you are standing on the 2nd floor ledge and there are the left and Right sentries. There are 4 bad guys down on the first floor and 1 more on the 2nd floor. The drone is of no importance as it is only 60K. Here are screen shots of the opponent. For me the battle was against an Orange opponent.

My setup is as follows:
    Base: Tier 17 8.27 Defense
    ASSUALT: 16.5 PUMPKIN 7.5M

This person bought their way to their current level.

24ypgkz.png

19xn5u.png

After I cleared the first area of the sentries and the 5 bad guys, I had 80% health left. I probably miss timed my move forward, up to the area overlooking the back area. Either the Spook or the juggernaut hit me for a sudden loss of 50% of my remaining health. In the blink of an eye, while I was still moving forward, I was suddenly down to around 25-30% health. As I was deciding whether to use a med kit or not, my drone took out the spook with a round of MG fire and a rocket.

If I didn't have 19M of health, I would have experienced the sudden death syndrome
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Just as I had predicted was the reason for Bradr's instant streak losses.

Got a response back from Customer NotCareABit, "We kindly ask for your patience until they have fixed it as this may take some time."

In other words, we are so swamped with individuals responding with the same problem, you may never see this fixed.

So, why can't they just do a quick range check code change en masse? They really have to do this on a one by one basis?
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    concerned wrote: »
    If I didn't have 19M of health, I would have experienced the sudden death syndrome

OK so what you've just proven, in case you don't realize it, is that the sudden death issue still persists. The boost in health only increased the survivability of the battle and would have only delayed the inevitable.

I do not consider that normal behavior during a battle vs a TIER 17 opponent with a weak (currently useless) drone. I hate being the bearer of bad news, but the issue is still alive and well.

Of course, a mistake like walking into a JUGGERNAUT barrage could also explain it **SMILES**

Oh I should have said grabbed a Super VIP weapon. Had you acquired a Super VIP weapon in the last two months, I think you would still be using it.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Just as I had predicted was the reason for Bradr's instant streak losses.

Got a response back from Customer NotCareABit, "We kindly ask for your patience until they have fixed it as this may take some time."

In other words, we are so swamped with individuals responding with the same problem, you may never see this fixed.

So, why can't they just do a quick range check code change en masse? They really have to do this on a one by one basis?

Now that really is bad news. I'm not sure about why they cannot fix this for everyone en masse (only those genius level GLU developers would be able to explain that one), but since I just finished my 3rd INTEL mission, I'm still at level 150, the experience bar has crept to 1/2 the second energy bar and my health hasn't changed ... yet I cannot die, go figure.

My biggest concern is that they won't fix this by the next region release. Given GLU's track record and the spaghetti code that holds this game together, we're looking at a catastrophic failure in several weeks ... SMH.

BTW Silver League Event Day #1 became a slugfest for the TOP prize (somewhat a surprise). All top 5 ranks are over 200 VP on their way to 300+ VP but it is a 17.5 TESLA. I don't know what's the better strategy, 4 DAYS of Global competition OR 3 DAYS of League competition with only one shot at the top prize and a chance to grab a TESLA 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Hmmm

The rest of us are bunching up again. I'm at RANK #9 and 10 VP separate me from RANK #18 and 6 VP from RANK #6. If I weren't on extended target practice completing my thesis on TOOBAD RELOADED, I might be getting nervous, but being the competitor that I am, I need "real life" data to solidify the new strategy.

Such is "real" life ...
  • Options
    I just received a message from Customer Care stating that the dev team has formulated a fix (actually a script) and will run the script designed to give all the missing experience points to all level 150 players in a couple of days.

Just in time for the ASSAULT GLOBAL so hold on to your seats boys and girls.
  • Options
    Jet LeeJet Lee Registered Users 33 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I just received a message from Customer Care stating that the dev team has formulated a fix (actually a script) and will run the script designed to give all the missing experience points to all level 150 players in a couple of days.

Thanks Scorpion!
  • Options

Heard the same thing from two other players, this "couple of days" for all is much better than the one-sey "this may take some time" response.

The sudden death syndrome does seem to hit a wide variety of players differently. You have had no ill effects, but I know Tier 14 players with low powered drones, and Tier 17 with current global weapons that are having very quick health meters that can kill them in short order. One guy couldn't even get into Silver League this week, and he's always been a regular. Both are now stuck at very low diamond production and just waiting it out. Another has quit and deleted the game. Thanks to GLU for dragging your feet on this one, and the connection issues keep coming.

By the way, did you stick around with that clan, or was the language barrier just not working out?
  • Options
    Heard the same thing from two other players, this "couple of days" for all is much better than the one-sey "this may take some time" response.

The sudden death syndrome does seem to hit a wide variety of players differently. You have had no ill effects, but I know Tier 14 players with low powered drones, and Tier 17 with current global weapons that are having very quick health meters that can kill them in short order. One guy couldn't even get into Silver League this week, and he's always been a regular. Both are now stuck at very low diamond production and just waiting it out. Another has quit and deleted the game. Thanks to GLU for dragging your feet on this one, and the connection issues keep coming.

By the way, did you stick around with that clan, or was the language barrier just not working out?

Yeah I'm still with them ... I pick up bits and pieces, but most of the time I haven't got a clue. If I say something, they do switch to English though. I Like it that way (I'm not big on chatting) only speak when I have something to say LOL
  • Options
    I think I've isolated the "symptoms" of the sudden death syndrome. Fighting a SHORT battle for 242.4K diamonds, after killing both SENTRIES, the JUGGERNAUT, a SNIPER on the balcony and a couple of other peons, I proceeded to move forward for the 2nd time to move in for the kill shot. My health was 100% at the time.

Suddenly I heard a rather loud POW and my health immediately dropped to 10%. After burning a medkit and ducking for cover, I took a quick survey of the battlefield: the SPOOK and his DRONE and 2 x SPECIAL FORCES (1 on the balcony and 1 hiding under a desk) was all that remained.

Since there was no muzzle flash from the balcony, I can only assume that the "mystery" shot came from the other SF soldier hiding under the desk. This guy has been known to come out and move forward at times and come to think of it his rifle is sort of loud.

Now these guys are not so powerful to be able to kill like that. Furthermore, I was not out in the open (so to speak) and if it wasn't for my habit of changing cover points and ducking, I would be dead.

This is definitely a programmed response to a given set of circumstances and I never saw it coming.

Now that I know what to look for, I'll nail this baby to the wall ... rest assured the SCORPION is ON IT !!!

I can also understand how the additional health boost would protect you from that "mystery" shot and I think being at 100% health when I moved forward is what really saved my life.
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    Scorpion, you are real close to finding the mystery killer. Since my Level went to 160 and PH to 20M+. I haven't lost a PVP and haven't used a medkit in over 100 PVP. My Health meter has not dropped below 80% in any PVP.
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    Scorpion, you are real close to finding the mystery killer. Since my Level went to 160 and PH to 20M+. I haven't lost a PVP and haven't used a medkit in over 100 PVP. My Health meter has not dropped below 80% in any PVP.

That's good to hear ... if GLU doesn't muck this up we should all be at 160 soon, hopefully by the next Global.
  • Options
    That's good to hear ... if GLU doesn't muck this up we should all be at 160 soon, hopefully by the next Global.

15 of 20 Elites clan members are still suck at 150. I just checked the other top clans and 90% of the players are still stuck at 150.
  • Options
    15 of 20 Elites clan members are still suck at 150. I just checked the other top clans and 90% of the players are still stuck at 150.

GLU is supposed to be running a script tomorrow or thereabouts that will fix this for everyone stuck at 150. Seeing is believing, but I'll give them a hearty LET'S GO GLU !!!

**SMILES**
  • Options
    OK Sir Brad ... I'm closing in on 740K on the support drone. What's the game plan once I get there? Are there any larger parts available; if so, I don't have any ** SMILES **
  • Options
    OK Sir Brad ... I'm closing in on 740K on the support drone. What's the game plan once I get there? Are there any larger parts available; if so, I don't have any ** SMILES **

The 740s are the biggest out there, so strap them on and upgrade them as you upgrade the drone. I actually took my drone to 2.95M before any weapons upgrade, but that is probably less efficient than upgrading as you go along. My first priority in upgrades is the HR, since I have plenty of firepower.

Here are my current levels of Drone accessories: MG, Level 12, 1.62M; HR, Level 14, 1.88M (half way through the upgrade to Level 15); SG, Level 13, 1.74M; and RL, Level 11, 1.5M.
  • Options
    DRONE and BASE:
    BASE: 11.8M (QUEBEC); GAME CASH: 583.11M; GOLD: 400
    DRONE: 640K (Power) - 133/150 (Level) - 593/1280 (XP) - 4.92M (Health)
    DRONE WEAPONS: MG (550K), RL (590K), HR (550K), SG (550K) --- All Level 2 (Max)
    DRONE WEAPONS PARTS: 339P (10,170)

FUSES:
    06 x TIER 16 (XP-25);

WEAPONS:
    SNIPER: 17.0 LYREBIRD (acquired 10/22) @ 0%.
    TESLA: 16.5 WITCH (acquired 10/22) @ 100%.
    ASSAULT: 17.5 JUNIPER (acquired 10/22) @ 100%.
    HEAVY: 17.5 BLOBFISH (acquired 10/22) @ 60%; 17.5 KARMA (acquired 09/23) @ 60%.

16.5 WITCH @ 100% is still killing JUGGS w/ankle shots using 7 of 10 charges ... OK.
    17.5 JUNIPER @ 100% is being used exclusively in SHORT battles; no medkits ... OK.
    17.5 BLOBFISH @ 60% has been relegated to reserve status.
    17.5 KARMA @ 60% has been relegated to "deep" reserve status.

TOOBAD (17.5 JAHANNUM):
    GLOBAL EVENT (11/19/2015) --- RANK #77 (5,754 AP) --- 35 Parts Acquired; 15 Parts To Go.
    SILVER LEAGUE EVENT (DAY #1) --- RANK #12 (112 VP) --- 5 Parts Acquired; 10 Parts To Go.
    SILVER LEAGUE EVENT (DAY #2) --- RANK #09 (106 VP) --- 10 Parts Acquired; 0 Parts To Go.
    SILVER LEAGUE EVENT (DAY #3) --- TBD

TOOBAD RELOADED mission successful (base upgraded and weapon acquired). Returning to cruise mode until TESLA Global on 12/03/15.

Equipment Usage (7 Days): 61 Grenades, 7 Knives, 2 MedKits, 1 Rocket.

Good Luck and Good Hunting !!!
  • Options
    I think I've isolated the "symptoms" of the sudden death syndrome. Fighting a SHORT battle for 242.4K diamonds, after killing both SENTRIES, the JUGGERNAUT, a SNIPER on the balcony and a couple of other peons, I proceeded to move forward for the 2nd time to move in for the kill shot. My health was 100% at the time.

Suddenly I heard a rather loud POW and my health immediately dropped to 10%. After burning a medkit and ducking for cover, I took a quick survey of the battlefield: the SPOOK and his DRONE and 2 x SPECIAL FORCES (1 on the balcony and 1 hiding under a desk) was all that remained.

Since there was no muzzle flash from the balcony, I can only assume that the "mystery" shot came from the other SF soldier hiding under the desk. This guy has been known to come out and move forward at times and come to think of it his rifle is sort of loud.

Now these guys are not so powerful to be able to kill like that. Furthermore, I was not out in the open (so to speak) and if it wasn't for my habit of changing cover points and ducking, I would be dead.

This is definitely a programmed response to a given set of circumstances and I never saw it coming.

Now that I know what to look for, I'll nail this baby to the wall ... rest assured the SCORPION is ON IT !!!

I can also understand how the additional health boost would protect you from that "mystery" shot and I think being at 100% health when I moved forward is what really saved my life.

I had another almost sudden death episode in a battle, last night. I was going to post screen shots for reference, but having read your post, I don't think the screen shots are necessary.

What I have discovered mirrors much of what you have posted as well as my previous post. SD only happens in SR battles. The juggernaut is not the culprit. In last night battle, I had already taken the juggernaut out and I was rembering that in my previous battle, I did not see the juggernaut fire.

In last night's battle, I, too, was down to only 3 bad guys left, but this time I was not moving forward when the SD happened.

Last night, i had reached one of my league play goals, I reached the 100 gold milestone. As everybody was bunched up again at the top of the standings, everybody was within 2 points of each other in the top 10. I was trying to get the odd number of AP points, as well as looking at the SD issue.
    I discovered that when you lose a green battle, I was award 1 point for the loss. When I lose a red battle, I received no points.
    I had 2 intentional losses, last night. Both times, I was standing up when I lost. Since I play with my sound off, I can not verify the loud bang, but I can verify, there is no muzzle flash when SD occurs. Both times, I ducked and survey the field, there was no drone and there was the spook and 2 other bad guys left.
    Both times, the juggernaut had been dispatched. But I was not looking for the bad guy, hiding under the floor or the desk.
    If the opportunity presents itself, tonight, I will look for the bad guy who is hiding.
    I finished the global with 20 HEAVY weapon parts and so far, I have finished in 6th and 4th, using only free energy. I need a 10 finish to win the 6 remaining needed parts.
    This is one good thing that has come from GLU screwing up League play. Most of the time, there isn't any of the last minute race for the top. Then with the odd number of AP points, you usually will find yourself between the group in 1st place and the rest of the pack.
  • Options
    I had another almost sudden death episode in a battle, last night. I was going to post screen shots for reference, but having read your post, I don't think the screen shots are necessary.

What I have discovered mirrors much of what you have posted as well as my previous post. SD only happens in SR battles. The juggernaut is not the culprit. In last night battle, I had already taken the juggernaut out and I was rembering that in my previous battle, I did not see the juggernaut fire.

In last night's battle, I, too, was down to only 3 bad guys left, but this time I was not moving forward when the SD happened.

Last night, i had reached one of my league play goals, I reached the 100 gold milestone. As everybody was bunched up again at the top of the standings, everybody was within 2 points of each other in the top 10. I was trying to get the odd number of AP points, as well as looking at the SD issue.
    I discovered that when you lose a green battle, I was award 1 point for the loss. When I lose a red battle, I received no points.
    I had 2 intentional losses, last night. Both times, I was standing up when I lost. Since I play with my sound off, I can not verify the loud bang, but I can verify, there is no muzzle flash when SD occurs. Both times, I ducked and survey the field, there was no drone and there was the spook and 2 other bad guys left.
    Both times, the juggernaut had been dispatched. But I was not looking for the bad guy, hiding under the floor or the desk.
    If the opportunity presents itself, tonight, I will look for the bad guy who is hiding.
    I finished the global with 20 HEAVY weapon parts and so far, I have finished in 6th and 4th, using only free energy. I need a 10 finish to win the 6 remaining needed parts.
    This is one good thing that has come from GLU screwing up League play. Most of the time, there isn't any of the last minute race for the top. Then with the odd number of AP points, you usually will find yourself between the group in 1st place and the rest of the pack.

I concur and confirm all of your experiences, but I do have one question; why do you play with the sound "off"? For me I depend upon sound just as much as I depend upon sight. The reason being that I can detect when, for example, a JUGGERNAUT has stopped firing, then pop up from behind a barricade, take out a bad guy and duck back down or change cover points. The JUGG makes a very distinctive sound when firing (chain driven heavy weapon) and is key to my battle timing; because of this I rarely take out the JUGG immediately after he appears, I use his "sounds" to help me time my attacks.

It's a player choice, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Ever since my discovery, I've been taking out that bad guy hiding under the desk because I had a goal in mind. Now that the goal has been achieved, I shall be baiting this enemy in an attempt to isolate the cause of sudden death. One of the key items I want to confirm is whether he's firing that "mystery" shot from under the desk or when he occasionally comes out and moves forward.

As a battle tactic, if he's firing the shot from under the desk, it would explain how the shot source goes undetected. As a counter, I would wait until he shows himself BEFORE moving forward or changing cover points. I have other theories, not yet confirmed though.
  • Options
    I fully agree about the sound queues - occasionally, I get a glitch where during battle, the sound stops suddenly. (Imagine, a glitch in THIS game!)

I go into alert mode staring intently at the screen, with hightened tension. Then after the match, imediately restart the device. I keep the sound pretty low, but definetly rely on it heavily. Stereo queues would help some if they were supported, too.
  • Options
    The TOOBAD RELOAED conceptual design is complete and I'll publish some "hard" numbers in the near future.

Read more about TOOBAD here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?169154-Should-We-Use-GOLD-or-DIAMONDS-for-UPGRADES/page4
  • Options
    I have been playing with the sound off, because my wife finds the sound annoying and then she will leave me alone. Learned a long time ago, some battles are best not fought with your wife.

I primarily play the game in 2 places, laying in bed or at the dinning room table. Most of the time she is in the room with me. Downstairs, we have a "Great Room", some the kitchen, dining room, family room and living room is one big room.

Add into the equation that, from my years of construction as a General Contaractor, before I made the career move to IT, I have around a 40-50% hear loss of sound that at not in the speech range.

My hearing loss is bad enough that my wife has to tell me that my iPhone is ringing if it is downstairs and we are upstairs.
  • Options
    I find that the sound is valuable part of the game. I need to hear who is firing and there are a number of distinctive sound that give clues to what your enemy is up to. I use Bluetooth headphones when I don't want to disturb others. They work great.
  • Options
    I find that the sound is valuable part of the game. I need to hear who is firing and there are a number of distinctive sound that give clues to what your enemy is up to. I use Bluetooth headphones when I don't want to disturb others. They work great.

Thanks, for that tip, I will look into the Bluetooth idea.

My wife will be leaving to go to Target, so I will be able to try using the soundbox for awhile without anybody complaining.
  • Options
    I have been playing with the sound off, because my wife finds the sound annoying and then she will leave me alone. Learned a long time ago, some battles are best not fought with your wife.

I primarily play the game in 2 places, laying in bed or at the dinning room table. Most of the time she is in the room with me. Downstairs, we have a "Great Room", some the kitchen, dining room, family room and living room is one big room.

Add into the equation that, from my years of construction as a General Contaractor, before I made the career move to IT, I have around a 40-50% hear loss of sound that at not in the speech range.

My hearing loss is bad enough that my wife has to tell me that my iPhone is ringing if it is downstairs and we are upstairs.

Ah yes ... the significant other "boss" ... I understand completely. *** SMILES ***
  • Options
    Ah yes ... the significant other "boss" ... I understand completely. *** SMILES ***

Also know as WAF, or wife acceptance factor. A significant component for home theater enthusiasts like myself, used carefully when placing very large subwoofers in a family room. "Oh, yes, dear. I found a nice plant stand, and bought that lovely fern and table cloth to dress up the corner of the room!" Then the "that table seems quite large, but I do like the plant."

I also turn down the sound to almost negligable, and never complaign when she plays some gosh aweful youtube video on her iPad. Happy wife, happy life.
  • Options
    This heavy's killing ability is like nothing I've ever experienced. It slices, it dices, it gets me twice the payout amounts (200k) I was making the past month with being cheated out of the Cronas (parts weren't awarded.)

I'm also amazed to not have to advance, and be able to do an end to end (upper rear platform to front window) steady hold on the spook for the quick kill. I see why you guys were impressed two months ago when you got your version of this beast.

When the script finally hits, I'll use it full time during the global. I hate having to buy med kits, and 4 days of global does bring up a couple battles where your attention is faded, so, I may go back to the old Nebula standby for safety and keeping a solid win streak.
  • Options
    This heavy's killing ability is like nothing I've ever experienced. It slices, it dices, it gets me twice the payout amounts (200k) I was making the past month with being cheated out of the Cronas (parts weren't awarded.)

I'm also amazed to not have to advance, and be able to do an end to end (upper rear platform to front window) steady hold on the spook for the quick kill. I see why you guys were impressed two months ago when you got your version of this beast.

When the script finally hits, I'll use it full time during the global. I hate having to buy med kits, and 4 days of global does bring up a couple battles where your attention is faded, so, I may go back to the old Nebula standby for safety and keeping a solid win streak.

I see you like the 17.5 eh? They are some powerful weapons no doubt ... ENJOY ... When I first saw this monster it reminded me more of an anti-aircraft canon than a heavy weapon LOL
  • Options
    I took a selfie, this was after I started crashing just after I selected a target, decided to delete game and data. Then it wants to guide you, but the controls locked up. Back to normal, now.

Say Cheese!

Screenshot_2015-11-25-17-05-141.png
  • Options
    I took a selfie, this was after I started crashing just after I selected a target, decided to delete game and data. Then it wants to guide you, but the controls locked up. Back to normal, now.

I'm not quite sure what happened or how you took this funny picture. What type of crashes were you experiencing that prompted you to delete the game?
  • Options
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving !!!