Options

CKS HQ Game locks up on PVP load

2Next

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Actually there is a cache (no operating system can function without one), but like most things IOS, Apple has kept it a secret to protect yourself from yourself. I guess they believe Apple users are idiots ... I don't buy into that premise however.

Here's is just one particular app reviewed on OSXDaily, that claims to delete these junk files. I have no way to test it and have no idea if it works, but it can't hurt at this point especially if you're nervous about wiping your device.

Let me know if it helps.

You can read up on PhoneClean here: http://osxdaily.com/2013/08/13/clear-temporary-files-app-caches-ios-phoneclean/

It should works for all IOS devices. Anytime you're about to experiment with something of which you have no experience, it's always best to perform a full system backup.
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Actually there is a cache (no operating system can function without one), but like most things IOS, Apple has kept it a secret to protect yourself from yourself. I guess they believe Apple users are idiots ... I don't buy into that premise however.

Here's is just one particular app reviewed on OSXDaily, that claims to delete these junk files. I have no way to test it and have no idea if it works, but it can't hurt at this point especially if you're nervous about wiping your device.

Let me know if it helps.

You can read up on PhoneClean here: http://osxdaily.com/2013/08/13/clear-temporary-files-app-caches-ios-phoneclean/

It should works for all IOS devices. Anytime you're about to experiment with something of which you have no experience, it's always best to perform a full system backup.

My bad, yes there is a cache, as Scorpion has said. What I meant to say was, on IOS, clearing the OS cache is not an option that Apple allows us to do without going the third party app route. Apple has locked down pretty much everything in their IOS. This is their claim to fame, "Apple devices are so easy to use, that even a baby can use them". Going way back, they even had commercials showing a baby using a computer.

We have just recently seen this in action, when CKS 4.0.1 was to be released. We were told that the update was submitted to Apple for approval and once it was approved, then and only then, it would be released.

Apple has a history of locking everything down so tight that it squeaks. It is what it is with Apple, this is why some users, do what is called "jail breaking" their iPads. They want to get around the limitations imposed by Apple.

I am checking out PhoneClean. It looks like it runs on a computer and you clean your phone after you connect it to the PC. I do find it interesting that a lockup problem exists when using it with OSX.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    I am checking out PhoneClean. It looks like it runs on a computer and you clean your phone after you connect it to the PC. I do find it interesting that a lockup problem exists when using it with OSX.

Yeah ... the article mentioned using "Force Quit" to exit out of the application since it might "freeze", presumably using the standard method of closing this application. The question is, "Did it actually clean up these junk files?" and recover some free space?

The problem with "so simple a baby can use it" is that highly intricate and technical instruments like computers were never meant to be used by babies OR idiots ... LOL ... it sort of reminds me of these new cars that drive themselves. Eventually over time everyone will forget how to drive or how a car actually works.

When the systems breaks down, and they will, you're left out in right field with no way to get where you need to be.

Of course you can do what some Arab sheiks do when their car stops running ... just shoot it.

**SMILES**
  • Options
    Ok, I installed PhoneClean on a PC and then I scanned and cleaned my iPads. The program removed around 3mb of files. Now the looking for opponents screens are changing quite a bit faster and the battle screen is loading faster. Other than that, There has been no real change in the battle video lag or in the loading of the game.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    Ok, I installed PhoneClean on a PC and then I scanned and cleaned my iPads. The program removed around 3mb of files. Now the looking for opponents screens are changing quite a bit faster and the battle screen is loading faster. Other than that, There has been no real change in the battle video lag or in the loading of the game.

I wouldn't expect it to fix video problems, but loading might have been improved. Congrats, your device is being maintained quite well if only 3MB of junk files were cleaned.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Just as a gauge compared to Android, when I clear the cache just for CKS, it usually drops from 10MB to 12KB. At the 10MB level, it is very easy for my device to crash, and can continue growing to 15MB or so.

Shame it doesn't clean itself on a regular basis, rather than having to shut down the app, force a stop, and clear the app's or all apps cache.
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect it to fix video problems, but loading might have been improved. Congrats, your device is being maintained quite well if only 3MB of junk files were cleaned.

I didn't expect any improvement in the video problem. On a 3D Cad station, we would change out the video card when we wanted an improvement for video. The more onboard video ram that the card had, the better the video would operate. A faster CPU would give us a some improvement, but not nearly what changing the card would improve.

Depending on the project requirements, the company would spend several thousand dollars per video card.