Options

SERVER MAINTENANCE 24 February 2016

concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
Well boys and girls, another server maintenance is being held. A new update will be available in of course, several hours. I don't know what time it started, but according to chat in MIRN, it has been ongoing since at least 1AM PST time.

Since it is now 5AM PST, it has been at least 4 hours so far. Fortunately, I got my last 3 parts that I needed for my 20.5 PANDA ASSAULT, last night before I went to sleep. So now at worst, I will be out only today's 100 Gold.

23mkeiw.png
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    JEEZ LOUISE :) well this means the Android Global Event(s) will be interrupted I suppose, which isn't entirely a bad thing.

I really hate it when they send these updates down with no warning. At least HANDLES would give us a "heads up".

If memory serves, that last one lasted 4.5 hours ... this must be a whopper full of bugs.

*** SMH ***
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    JEEZ LOUISE :) well this means the Android Global Event(s) will be interrupted I suppose, which isn't entirely a bad thing.

I really hate it when they send these updates down with no warning. At least HANDLES would give us a "heads up".

If memory serves, that last one lasted 4.5 hours ... this must be a whopper full of bugs.

*** SMH ***

I definitely agree that some warning would be nice. Luckily, last night I had empty my vault to complete my Tier 20 Base upgrades, so all that I have at risk will be only a couple of million diamonds.

Not knowing what this update is, how long it lasts will be anyone's guess, but if memory serves me, didn't the 4.0.0 updated take around 11 hours?

Went back and checked, the December Clan War update took over 12 hours, so we may be down for awhile.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    I definitely agree that some warning would be nice. Luckily, last night I had empty my vault to complete my Tier 20 Base upgrades, so all that I have at risk will be only a couple of million diamonds.

Not knowing what this update is, how long it lasts will be anyone's guess, but if memory serves me, didn't the 4.0.0 updated take around 11 hours?

Went back and checked, the December Clan War update took over 12 hours, so we may be down for awhile.

Yeah it would be nice if they announced what was being updated as well as a realistic timeframe. The last time I checked, "several" didn't imply 12 ... but this is The GLU Factory.

You just reminded me of that Clan War update; 12 hours long and nothing changed ... it's still a mess :( OR was that the CLAN WARS feature being introduced? It seems like ages ago.
  • Options
    Yeah it would be nice if they announced what was being updated as well as a realistic timeframe. The last time I checked, "several" didn't imply 12 ... but this is The GLU Factory.

You just reminded me of that Clan War update; 12 hours long and nothing changed ... it's still a mess :(

You have got that right. I just hope that we don't have a replay of the time when we could not load the game after a maintenance. I think I was down for a day and half, and some people were down for weeks. This was the wonderful experience of when we were backing up the game and then deleting and restoring it.
  • Options
    6AM PST and game is still down.
  • Options
    7AM PST and game still down.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Didn't want to cry wolf about this again, since it was second hand news, thanks concerned.

Bradr said from a CC ticket that Glu planned the next update to correct the problems with Clan Wars.

Of course along with the matchup problems, there are 2 glitches, one of which I know concerned uses, and both come in quite handy and I won't reveal them. I'm sure they will fix the beneficial problems, and leave the uneven matchup fiasco probably untouched. Good thing I'm an optimist!
  • Options
    8AM PST and game still down.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Didn't want to cry wolf about this again, since it was second hand news, thanks concerned.

Bradr said from a CC ticket that Glu planned the next update to correct the problems with Clan Wars.

Of course along with the matchup problems, there are 2 glitches, one of which I know concerned uses, and both come in quite handy and I won't reveal them. I'm sure they will fix the beneficial problems, and leave the uneven matchup fiasco probably untouched. Good thing I'm an optimist!

The Hell You Say ... a Clan War glitch? Unless they're giving away weapons, how beneficial can it be? :)
  • Options
    The Hell You Say ... a Clan War glitch? Unless they're giving away weapons, how beneficial can it be? :)

Let's just say it could end the results sway a benefit of a weapon. CC tickets have been sent from those who've uncovered these glitches, yet call these unwritten rules of the game cheats.

Push any more, and you'll bring down the wrath of Glu on us all. Let's see what the new rules are...
  • Options
    bradr752bradr752 Registered Users 1,962 Posts
    IOS up and running with new version 4.0.2
  • Options
    bradr752 wrote: »
    IOS up and running with new version 4.0.2

I await your report ... hopefully there's some fixes and a few new features.
  • Options
    I await your report ... hopefully there's some fixes and a few new features.

Their update notes are as follows:

Major memory consumption optimization sand performance enhancements
    Fixed an issue where some Clans could not schedule future Clam Wars
    Various bug fixes and othe improvements
    IPv6 Support

They did not fix the Gold accept button after watching a free video. I still have to restart the app to be able to claim the Gold.

Right now, global is going crazy with people swearing at GLU and saying nothing was fixed.
  • Options
    I hear the update fixes memory consumption and optimization issues, clan wars scheduling, and "various" bug fixes and improvements.

They make it sound like it's now perfected.

Whoops, late to the party!
  • Options
    Shirley there's more ... an entire Build Release? I suppose the memory optimization is a good thing since CKS is a resource hog, but no mention of clan standings or matchups?

BRAD could you play a few on your Mini 3 and see if the performance improvements do anything for that device?
  • Options
    Not much improvement in new version, the video seems worse to me on both the Mini 3 and Mini 4 iPads. I now view CKS as not being playable on the Mini 3. Our first CW matchup was a Level 2 clan with no Teslas or Heavies. the Clan Leader had 2 VP, so CW matchups has not been fixed.. I am able to change CW times which I couldn't before, which is the one fix I have been able to find so far. In short, a real disappointment, once again.
  • Options
    Obi Wan waves hand, "These aren't the updates you're looking for." We walk away in stupor.
  • Options
    After our first Clan War, I am sorry to say that they did not fix s**t. We, and everyone else, were matched up against a 1 man clan for 200 trophies. We were matched up against a level 1 clan with a level 71 clan leader. I sure am glad that GLU considers this a "Fix" for Clan Wars.

It looks like match up #2 will be against another lower level and it will be for 240 trophies, judging from the scores.
  • Options
    R1gol1nR1gol1n Registered Users 157 Posts
    After our first Clan War, I am sorry to say that they did not fix s**t. We, and everyone else, were matched up against a 1 man clan for 200 trophies. We were matched up against a level 1 clan with a level 71 clan leader. I sure am glad that GLU considers this a "Fix" for Clan Wars.

It looks like match up #2 will be against another lower level and it will be for 240 trophies, judging from the scores.

I think updates are just to screw some players, didn't do anything at all, my game was performing better before the update, and I have 2 members on clan that can log on into the game, they said it loads up to 100% and stays there for ever.
    Also on clan war we attack one man clan.
  • Options
    R1gol1n wrote: »
    I think updates are just to screw some players, didn't do anything at all, my game was performing better before the update, and I have 2 members on clan that can log on into the game, they said it loads up to 100% and stays there for ever.
    Also on clan war we attack one man clan.

Several players are reporting the game hanging up at 100% load. The first round algo for CW matches is a joke, but later rounds may be better. Other than being able to change CW times, I do not see any improvements in game play with the upgrade and my video is worse than before the upgrade.
  • Options
    As expected, but much latter, the Androids are being updated now. Guess we'll be back up around 4 PM est.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    As expected, but much latter, the Androids are being updated now. Guess we'll be back up around 4 PM est.

Screenshot_20160225-083937.png?psid=1

So maintenance started around 08:30 AM EST.

Boy I can't wait to get the new fixes and updated features. There is one thing I praise GLU for and that is they waited for an absolutely wasted and useless Global Event to push the upgrade several hours after my base was upgraded to 100%.

You will notice that the "SEVERAL HOURS" part of the message has been removed. LMAO Well I never accused them of NOT reading our posts, but they only take away the BS. SMH

Managed to craft a weapon as well and since all I was looking forward to was endless hours of tedious drone development, I can now take a well deserved break :)
  • Options
    SERVER MAINTENANCE completed on Google Play @ 01:40 PM EST

I quickly fought THREE (3) CLAN WARS battles and netted 1,510 TOKENS for my troubles. The battle scenarios appeared to be somewhat different (I'm not sure if this was always the case since I'm not a CLAN WARS enthusiast) but I thought it was note worthy.

Other than that, the game appears to be more responsive, but that could be because nobody (or very few) have logged on as yet.

I just encountered a "hiccup" while FINDING a PvP OPPONENT. The spinner just kept spinning, so I restarted the game. Not sure if waiting would have done anything; I simply exited and restarted.

So far the power drain appears to be less, which is a sign of better performance. The sampling is far too small to be conclusive, however.

Power Drain is confirmed to be less after roughly an hour of game play. The battery status is also holding steady at 97% after I plugged in the device about 30 minutes ago. This is definitely a plus since my primary reason for using two devices was attributed to battery power drain. I'll inform everyone after a few hours of leaving the game running.
  • Options
    SERVER MAINTENANCE completed on Google Play @ 01:40 PM EST

I quickly fought THREE (3) CLAN WARS battles and netted 1,510 TOKENS for my troubles. The battle scenarios appeared to be somewhat different (I'm not sure if this was always the case since I'm not a CLAN WARS enthusiast) but I thought it was note worthy.

Other than that, the game appears to be more responsive, but that could be because nobody (or very few) have logged on as yet.

I just encountered a "hiccup" while FINDING a PvP OPPONENT. The spinner just kept spinning, so I restarted the game. Not sure if waiting would have done anything; I simply exited and restarted.

So far the power drain appears to be less, which is a sign of better performance. The sampling is far too small to be conclusive, however.

Power Drain is confirmed to be less after roughly an hour of game play. The battery status is also holding steady at 97% after I plugged in the device about 30 minutes ago. This is definitely a plus since my primary reason for using two devices was attributed to battery power drain. I'll inform everyone after a few hours of leaving the game running.

It is actually quite common to face unexpected (and unexpectedly weak) foes in Clan Wars since low VP players can't populate the room with the usual defenders. I sometimes can't find my opponent since nothing is where I expect it to be. My Drone usually finds these opponents before I do and kills everybody while I am still getting oriented.
  • Options
    Oh well, Amazon is still in holding 3:05. We are the forgotten step child who doesn't pay his bill.

EDIT: Update hit at 3:35 est. had to skip a 966.73K payout twice, he's in one of my clans.

Maybe it's because most everyone is offline, I'm picking all RL players with low payouts, many with lower base power. But all are taking a lot more time to display. Other than the new high I had to bypass with jr & sr, the rest where about half the payout.

Fingers crossed, seems smooth otherwise.
  • Options
    That was mighty white of you to spare your clan mate. When I see a large payout, I don't even see the opponent :) All I want to do is take him down. I am now wondering how many of my fellow Ruskies I've killed by mistake?

Anyways, I think the best way to describe this latest release, is that nothing has changed. Except for the improved battery life (yet to be definitively confirmed), I see no difference at all, good or bad ....
    ... by GLU standards, I consider that progress.

I suspect, most of the improvements were "under the hood"; better memory utilization, more efficient code, etc. nothing that the average player would actually notice or even look for.

No functional improvements however. I think BRAD mentioned he could schedule a clan event; now I might be able to make use of that feature. LOL
  • Options
    It's very obvious that the Amazon updates never go smoothly. There is less than half the usual numbers in my clans, and still a lot of RL players up for attack that one would never see.

The problem is the game just continues to say Server Maintenance, and doesn't send you automatically to the Amazon store. People just keep hitting the Restart Button with no effect.

Fortunately when you guys say Apple Store, or version update, I know to call up the application link on my laptop, and refresh until I see the new version (4.0.2) come out. I had Google in another link and saw that one update first.

Then on your device, you have to go into the Amazon App, or Store if a Kindle, and find where to refresh for updates, because the normal process doesn't seem to check that often.

So, on a Global I have no interest in the prize, and 3/4 into day 1, I'm in the top 10 standing. Very ghost town feel to it.

Bottom line, Glu/Amazon somehow need to improve the ease of updates!
  • Options
    Not much improvement in new version, the video seems worse to me on both the Mini 3 and Mini 4 iPads. I now view CKS as not being playable on the Mini 3. Our first CW matchup was a Level 2 clan with no Teslas or Heavies. the Clan Leader had 2 VP, so CW matchups has not been fixed.. I am able to change CW times which I couldn't before, which is the one fix I have been able to find so far. In short, a real disappointment, once again.

CKS's performance was so bad on my iPad 4, that I'd did a backup and restore to my iPad Mini 3. What I found was just the opposite of what happened to Brad. The iPad Minis performance for a fresh CKS load is simply amazing. The video is flawless, with no lag whatsoever. If fact, I would rate the performance as the same that we had when we 1st started playing.

My assessment is that the performance increase is a combination for the optimization and also, before the backup and restore, CKS was using 1.7GB, right now, CKS is using only 470MB.

I can not begin to tell you how much more enjoyable CKS is to play when the controls respond and when I am able to actually move my target crosshairs around.
  • Options
    CKS's performance was so bad on my iPad 4, that I'd did a backup and restore to my iPad Mini 3. What I found was just the opposite of what happened to Brad. The iPad Minis performance for a fresh CKS load is simply amazing. The video is flawless, with no lag whatsoever. If fact, I would rate the performance as the same that we had when we 1st started playing.

My assessment is that the performance increase is a combination for the optimization and also, before the backup and restore, CKS was using 1.7GB, right now, CKS is using only 470MB.

I can not begin to tell you how much more enjoyable CKS is to play when the controls respond and when I am able to actually move my target crosshairs around.

That is encouraging, though backup and restore has not helped several members of my clan. I will give it a try. Thanks!
  • Options
    That is encouraging, though backup and restore has not helped several members of my clan. I will give it a try. Thanks!

I also just did the same on the iPad 4, after the backup and restore to the iPad 4, I am pleased to report the same results. Performance is improved tremendously.