Options

Tier Base 21 Released on IOS

13Next

Comments

• Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    Here's the response I got overnight ... I am NOT going to comment on this since it won't change anything and could be a mixed blessing as well, but it is par for the course at The GLU Factory.

Screenshot_20160309-053201.png?psid=1

TRY_AGAIN you will notice how they refer to the affected platforms as ANDROID and AMAZON :)

So in the GLU vernacular, they consider AMAZON a separate and unique platform; they could have said GOOGLE and AMAZON ... but they didn't, even after I originally referred to them as "Android platforms".

Of course, these are the GLUTONS we're talking about; I certainly give them no brownie points for ...
    ... well ... for anything LOL.

*** SMILES ***
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    Randy59Randy59 Registered Users 104 Posts
    It's easy to neutralize. But I was already at level 200 so it felt like I was wasting my money and points
  • Options
    Randy59 wrote: »
    It's easy to neutralize. But I was already at level 200 so it felt like I was wasting my money and points

Actually you are wasting your "money and points (what ever those are)" :) ...
    ... save the contracts for a rainy day.

I see a storm on the horizon.
  • Options
    Randy59 wrote: »
    Vigor 2 is open on ios

You must be special, many should still be waiting for at least another 3 hours ... but the person who posted the time remaining until "unlock" is "time and clock" challenged :)

Just kidding ... inconsistencies in CKS are consistently the norm.
  • Options
    concernedconcerned Registered Users 814 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Actually you are wasting your "money and points (what ever those are)" :) ...
    ... save the contracts for a rainy day.

I see a storm on the horizon.

Unless you need the money for a primary weapon purchase upgrade, definitely save the contracts for a rainy day. That is how you raised your level to 200 without the new level.

If you need drone fuses, drop back one level,too, and do the repeatable missions. This will get you 12 fuses an hour.
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Developed a very bad problem for my senior player. I get an error loading configs at 61%, and says I need to check my internet connection.

Tried a game restart, same thing. Tried a data delete, same. Tried a game delete, and start as guest, same.

Right now, dead in the water.

Edit: just did a swap partition delete, same - loading 61% and warning.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Developed a very bad problem for my senior player. I get an error loading configs at 61%, and says I need to check my internet connection.

Tried a game restart, same thing. Tried a data delete, same. Tried a game delete, and start as guest, same.

This really sucks. Hopefully GLU can do something to help you out.
  • Options
    Here is the latest update on vault sizes for my. Since I crafted my 20.5 CUTTLEFISH (98.3/161.22M), I have fought 10 Battles, 50% of them have been 1M or higher. Of the other 5 vault, 2 of them have been 989K. The only caveat is, the sample size is small.

Let's hope GLU gets their act together and hurries up and releases Tier 21 on Android.

Record High Vault remains at 1.1M.

I can't believe that I am even going to say this, but right now my vault floor is at 900K, and I am contemplating raising the floor to a higher level.
  • Options
    concerned wrote: »
    Here is the latest update on vault sizes for my. Since I crafted my 20.5 CUTTLEFISH (98.3/161.22M), I have fought 10 Battles, 50% of them have been 1M or higher. Of the other 5 vault, 2 of them have been 989K. The only caveat is, the sample size is small.

Let's hope GLU gets their act together and hurries up and releases Tier 21 on Android.

Record High Vault remains at 1.1M.

I can't believe that I am even going to say this, but right now my vault floor is at 900K, and I am contemplating raising the floor to a higher level.

KUDOS ... the problem is I have no reference point since 50,000 of us are still at TIER 20, but I will take it under advisement. The one saving aspect to all of this is ... since we have nothing really to upgrade (drones aside) the larger vaults of TIER 21 are quite irrelevant ...
    ... which brings me to an earlier point of discussion ... what is the "true" purpose of the defense tier (base by any other name)?

*** SMILES ***
  • Options

If only SENIOR is having the problem and not JUNIOR, then the problem is with SENIOR, obviously. Remind me please, which player is on the Nexus versus the Samsung? I might be able to help ...

Are both devices rooted? Have you tried clearing the Davlik cache? Were any app updates recently installed on the problem device?
  • Options
    KUDOS ... the problem is I have no reference point since 50,000 of us are still at TIER 20, but I will take it under advisement. The one saving aspect to all of this is ... since we have nothing really to upgrade (drones aside) the larger vaults of TIER 21 are quite irrelevant ...
    ... which brings me to an earlier point of discussion ... what is the "true" purpose of the defense tier (base by any other name)?

*** SMILES ***

I think the true purpose of the defense (Base) tier is there for two reasons. First it is a D**k measuring contest. My Base is bigger than your base. 2nd, it is there for all of the high rollers to waste their money on, by upgrading the base with gold.

One thing that is for sure, it is not for defensive purposes. I mean there is nothing that I can do to my bases that will keep me safe from a long range attack. With an up to date TESLA, if you can't win a LR battle, you are trying.

SR battles are a little tougher, but with a medkit, it is kind of hard to lose a SR battle.
  • Options
    If only SENIOR is having the problem and not JUNIOR, then the problem is with SENIOR, obviously. Remind me please, which player is on the Nexus versus the Samsung? I might be able to help ...

Are both devices rooted? Have you tried clearing the Davlik cache? Were any app updates recently installed on the problem device?

Finally had to leave it at the 61% screen. After 15 minutes came back to a bundle loading error, accepted the error, then it came up fine, disaster averted.

Davlik cache? My Edit comment was in reference to system cache, unix use to call this the swap partition, not cache partition.

And I guess I'll have to add to the list of my errors about Android as opposed to Google. I still believe that Kindle is a locked form of Android, but have heard that even unlocked Kindles have some problems with certain Google downloads. The problems with being a closed architecture, I guess?

So as to update. Do you buy this explanation? They've done the port 20 times, and the 21st they find a UNRELEASEBLE bug?

On a side note, the version update that was released on Friday to MIRN, my Samsung downloaded it first thing from Amazon, was the only 1st place leaderboard for an hour.
    The next day, still no Kindle players, at first their store said MIRN wouldn't download because of a security flag. Then it was removed from the Kindle Store. I always thought Amazon was the Kindle store??? Finally, the update showed up on Kindle, and is now running normally at MIRN.

Could the CKS code be causing some kind of virus alert with Android or Kindle and not being released. Who knows.
  • Options
    d
    Finally had to leave it at the 61% screen. After 15 minutes came back to a bundle loading error, accepted the error, then it came up fine, disaster averted.

Davlik cache? My Edit comment was in reference to system cache, unix use to call this the swap partition, not cache partition.

And I guess I'll have to add to the list of my errors about Android as opposed to Google. I still believe that Kindle is a locked form of Android, but have heard that even unlocked Kindles have some problems with certain Google downloads. The problems with being a closed architecture, I guess?

So as to update. Do you buy this explanation? They've done the port 20 times, and the 21st they find a UNRELEASEBLE bug?

On a side note, the version update that was released on Friday to MIRN, my Samsung downloaded it first thing from Amazon, was the only 1st place leaderboard for an hour.
    The next day, still no Kindle players, at first their store said MIRN wouldn't download because of a security flag. Then it was removed from the Kindle Store. I always thought Amazon was the Kindle store??? Finally, the update showed up on Kindle, and is now running normally at MIRN.

Could the CKS code be causing some kind of virus alert with Android or Kindle and not being released. Who knows.

The Davlik cache is where pre-compiled code from the apps themselves is stored (for performance). There are times when this pre-compiled code can become corrupted, for a variety of reasons. Clearing it out is prudent as well.

The system cache on the other hand, is mostly data created and stored by the applications themselves.
  • Options

Who know is right. Tier 21 was released on CKS with a simple Content Update and a restart. Just like we have done a 100 times before. So what is the big problem releasing it on android??
  • Options
    d

The Davlik cache is where pre-compiled code from the apps themselves is stored (for performance). There are times when this pre-compiled code can become corrupted, for a variety of reasons. Clearing it out is prudent as well.

The system cache on the other hand, is mostly data created and stored by the applications themselves.

I thought this explanation was much clearer?

Davlik cache or Davlik zone was first introduced by Star Trek and originally carried the name of Delphic Expanse .
    It is a narrow patch of space located between the Klingon Neutral Zone and the Cardassian Demilitarized Zone. It was mainly used as a recovery place when a temporal anomaly occurred.

So it's all the fault of the Kardashians!

Now back to your original class question about defensive tier. Concerned said it much more clearly than I did, but somehow, I think we're both waiting for the slap upside the heads?
  • Options
    Who know is right. Tier 21 was released on CKS with a simple Content Update and a restart. Just like we have done a 100 times before. So what is the big problem releasing it on android??

You're looking at this all wrong because you're assuming that the intention is to release TIER 21 to Android.

If you say ... THERE IS NO TIER 21 ... everything then makes perfect sense :)
  • Options
    Now back to your original class question about defensive tier. Concerned said it much more clearly than I did, but somehow, I think we're both waiting for the slap upside the heads?

OK we'll also throw in the drone since it has, supposedly, a defensive purpose as well. So let's see what do we know for sure ...

(1) The BASE DEFENSE and defensive aspects of the DRONE are pitiful, but why? The vast majority of players who might see your defensive capabilities intimidating or even insurmountable, don't even know you exist ... GLU has seen to that.

(2) Player Health? I think that speaks for itself ... so what does that leave us with ... oh yeah ...

(3) The Diamond Vault: well without a new TIER we might as well store Captain Crunch in there because we certainly don't need any diamonds. But what's really gonna get under your skin is what if we GET TIER 21 ... do we still need to upgrade the base? HaHaHaHa

Hmmmmm

But SCORPION didn't you state that if I fell behind on base upgrades it would be disastrous?

YES I DID ... but let me qualify that statement. What is more accurate is that if you fail to upgrade your base whilst everyone else IS upgrading their bases? ... and to add a little context, that statement was in the "spirit" of a player's ability to draw opponents with large vaults, to use more diamonds on upgrades and NOT to fall behind ... but what if we stop?

In this case we're all in the same boat ...
    ... a "temporal anomaly" if your wish :) where established laws of the GLU Universe no longer hold true ...

Hmmmmm

But still, what if we do get TIER 21 ... then what?
  • Options
    Well we had a little fun, but TIER 21 has arrived on Google Play. :) My new record high vault take came on my very 1st battle 1.02M.

It's back to the salty mines.

The conversation with regards to the usability of the DEFENSE BASE, has been continued as part of the "03/10 SNIPER GLOBAL" thread here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?203835-03-10-SNIPER-GLOBAL-(Better-Peashooters-)/page6
  • Options
    I've got to be honest guys ... as I wait for the stats to unlock and finish out DAY #3 ... my heart just isn't in it. Maybe a 21.5 ASSAULT weapon will wake me from my slumber.

By the way TRY_AGAIN, I too experienced that 61% stall right after TIER 21 came down. Everything is back to normal now.

New High Vault = 1.07M ... yippie
  • Options
    I've got to be honest guys ... as I wait for the stats to unlock and finish out DAY #3 ... my heart just isn't in it. Maybe a 21.5 ASSAULT weapon will wake me from my slumber.

By the way TRY_AGAAIN, I too experienced that 61% stall right after TIER 21 came down. Everything is back to normal now.

New High Vault = 1.07M ... yippie

In the Craft tab, I do show a 21.0 MAINE SHAG ASSAULT (104.86M/188.74M) that is waiting for a new event.

For the brave of heart (or dummies), there is a 22.0 WIZARD ASSAULT (209.72M/377.49) available in the Mystery Box.
  • Options
    I am able to find the 1.08M & 1.07M vaults all day long for Long Range battles, since we have the same LR weapons, would expect the same for you, Scorpion.

I would be interest on the size of you SR vaults. Mine have be running in the 500K-800K range, which is why I have not fought a SR battle in almost a week.
  • Options
    I am able to find the 1.08M & 1.07M vaults all day long for Long Range battles, since we have the same LR weapons, would expect the same for you, Scorpion.

I would be interest on the size of you SR vaults. Mine have be running in the 500K-800K range, which is why I have not fought a SR battle in almost a week.

The SR vaults are all over the place but I was able to hit a couple of 950K+ vaults. the 19.5 BETELGEUSE has reached that 9-10 charge "wall" with regards to taking out a JUGG, so my #1 priority is to get the 20.5 CUTTLEFISH up to speed. I'll then turn my attentions to contracts to beef up on health, push drone to level 167 (9.68M), and then finally (maybe) start upgrading the BASE ... the idea of NOT upgrading my base is intriguing though LOL

Defense Bases ... who needs 'em anyway :cool:

This will be the last cycle for the BETELGEUSE ... it was a fine weapon :) So TESLAS are down to a 60 day cycle TOPS, before they must be replaced. I acquired the BETELGEUSE on 01/14 via VIP Event which was earlier than would normally be the case via Global.

The 20.5 URSA and 20.5 ORC are holding their own in SR PvP.

So my first impression of TIER 21 is that LONG and SHORT range weapons are approaching parity, meaning (aside from the obvious), there's no real advantage of choosing one over the other ...
    ... unless your just being lazy.
  • Options
    It's been a week since we received TIER 21 on Google Play. With 21.x primary weapons, the vaults are now averaging 1M+ diamonds. In fact, I am not selecting any vaults smaller than 1M, since the number of retries is even less than it was at TIER 20.

My current high vault is 1.09M and the payouts themselves have started to flatten out with most in the range of 1.02M-1.07M.

Cheers !!!