Options

Amazon on Life Support: No Event, No Updates? Glu, Where Are You?

2Next

Comments

• Options
    RickMRickM Registered Users 2 Posts
    amsoft2000 wrote: »
    Let's see if we can understand what's really happening with regards to the Amazon platform.

As I see it, the only player (that's actually bothered to comment) who had a real concern with regards to possibly investing (or losing) any cash is 73AA, and from what I can tell, he has successfully migrated his game progress over to Google Play.

Now the reason I say this is because 73AA is RANKED #3 All-Time. To put this all in perspective, the Amazon TOP 5 would make the Google Play Leaderboard All-Time and would fall somewhere between RANK #6 and RANK #20. Other than those TOP 5 Players, everyone else is what I would classify as "average" players, somewhat like myself, and would not appear on the leaderboard at all.

So the question that begs to be asked is, "What are you spending all of this money on?" ...
    ... Clearly it's not to fight PvP Battles.

Now what's "a lot of money" is purely subjective, but I spend on average no more than $20/week plus a recent $4.99/month subscription; I would RANK #6 All-Time on Amazon.

This is definitely NOT a criticism in any way, rather what I'm trying to convey is how GLU views all of this from a business perspective.

So while a handful of Amazon players are actually spending a sizeable amount playing this game, 95% of Amazon players aren't spending enough for GLU to continue developing software for that platform ... that's all it really boils down to.

My experience, right or wrong ... fair or otherwise, is that GLU responds to "paying customers". In fact I try to use that advantage I enjoy to help other players who would otherwise be ignored. I don't abuse that privilege and ONLY use it when it's uniquely necessary.

If you have captured all of your vital gameplay progress statistics, please post the screenshots and I will submit a ticket on your behalf ... no problem ther... and try to aid you in your migration efforts.

I asked glu's customer care to help me transfer my Amazon account to an Android devise. They responded two days later saying they can NOT transfer accounts from one platform to another.
  • Options
    amsoft2000amsoft2000 Registered Users 5,782 Posts
    RickM wrote: »
    I asked glu's customer care to help me transfer my Amazon account to an Android devise. They responded two days later saying they can NOT transfer accounts from one platform to another.

Interesting since Amazon player 73AA says he successfully transferred to Google.

The process resembles what someone would do if they were moving to a new device as opposed to moving between platforms. From what he said, it was more of a manual process since they required screen shots of everything ...
    (i.e. weapons, drone, CW, GOLD, tokens, CASH, etc. etc. etc.).

73AA was RANKED #3 All-Time ... maybe he had more success dealing with GLU ???

Check here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?230483-Amazon-on-Life-Support-No-Event-No-Updates-Glu-Where-Are-You&p=523337&viewfull=1#post523337

Unless 73AA had been on hallucinogenic drugs over the weekend, I can't explain it. :(
    Complex Minds Require Challenging Games ... SCORPION
  • Options
    73AA73AA Registered Users 14 Posts
    LOL...not on hallucinogenics ...myself & 3 members of my clan on the Amazon platform have successfully transferred to the Android platform...some provided screenshots, some did not, some purchase gold...some never do. 2 more are awaiting the transfer while others are awaiting devices.

I will say this: the purchasers of gold were transferred within 1-2 days. The non-spenders took approximately 4-5 days.

I know real life relationships have been formed on the Amazon platform (we ARE/WERE small!) , calls & emails traded, meals eaten at others houses....you can keep your clans intact on Android...keep your relationships...it's just a bigger pond.

Amazon players..if you want competition (as I do: playing 3 pvps every hour & not being able to upgrade because you are at the highest levels offered is NOT competing)....move off of the Amazon platform to whichever game floats your boat. Staying there is encouraging new players to play a game that is not going to improve.

Good luck with whatever game you choose to play....it's up to you to be happy or miserable :)
  • Options
    kevont2000kevont2000 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Last night I got a response from GLU (to my question "what's going on with CKS on the Amazon platform") that there is no current intention to update the game on this platform... So for those hoping beyond hope, time to move on to IOS/Android.
    No defense can Resist my Power..................:cool: Trini2DBone
  • Options
    I do NOT want to diminish the disappointment that Amazon players must be experiencing ...
    (have experienced for some time).
    I can assure you all that if the rug was pulled from under my feet, I would feel exactly the same way.

I encourage ALL players, if they're still around, to relocate your game ASAP.

TRY_AGAIN, if you're still out there, please reconsider ... I could count those whom I might consider "friend" on one hand and only YOU and BRAD are all that remains, for time has truly taken it's toll. :( Understand that I may sound harsh at times, but it's only my nature; probably have been working around these "machines" for far too long. **SMILES**

I really do not want to see you leave under these circumstances and there's an open invitation to join RUSSIASILA, if you can't convince your Amazon buddies to move over to "The Dark Side".

We've joked about Google Play from time to time, but it's really not that "dark" over here ... it might get a little competitive from time to time (that's a good thing, I think), but all considered ...
    ... I would say it's been the most stable and reliable of the three platforms over the long haul.

Come on over Buddy. :)
  • Options
    try_againtry_again Registered Users 1,302 Posts
    Scorpion,

I would have wanted to reply to my thread some time ago, but with the comment;
    I do realize that "cyber" friends have been made and close ties have been forged, not unlike a friend on Facebook I suppose, but they are not "genuine" ... so please get over it.

I felt like ice water had been thrown in my face, and not appreciatively so.

I have 2 of one of my clans here already, and I've started two temporary accounts, one of which I will be transferring over from a request this morning. That clan has dug in their heels, and are still fighting GLU to at least start up Clan Wars without prizes; where would an update be required to at least do that? A high percentage of them are Kindle. I took over while our leader went to a sister clan to return some of the groups key members; you probably remember Pythondjango who was the leader of this co-clan.

I'm leaving Jr behind, there are still "genuine" friends there also, that we will refuse to break apart. We are in the search for a similar game with a social group side to it and available to Kindle. So far, not a lot of luck.

My temporary account that I started is up to base Delta, I made 20 parts for rank 122 (went to bed at 86), 5 parts Monday, and am in 2nd-3rd place right now. More testing the environment than really trying. It is a much tougher crowd.

At this point, I care very little about this game, but it is an addictive pastime that I am accustomed to. And now being dropped back 2 cycles, the motivation is nearly gone. However, the friendships in both clans are the only reason I'm continuing here and Amazon.

I hope you understand, I'm not trying to be dramatic. Maybe if I was in a Russian speaking clan, I'd feel the same as you about clans.
  • Options
    LOL ... You've got at least 300 Billion Diamonds to win, so I'll try to keep this short.

I hope you understand, it's not CLANs per se, but rather social media applications in general ...
    ... I'll leave it at that, but I just didn't want to see YOU waste another minute on Amazon is all.

But those that I would consider a friend were never members of the same clan, in fact we weren't even playing on the same platform, so I guess for me, I could say CLANs do not equal friends and visa versa. A friend informs you when you're walking towards a dark alley, even at the risk of backlash.

I'd like to think we might have more in common than a video game. :)

I do wish you the very best ... even if you don't speak Russian.

*** SMILES ***
  • Options
    cloudcovercloudcover Registered Users 5 Posts
    To Kevint2000 and others getting the cold shoulder from Glu, make sure that you are following 73AA's instructions to the letter, it could be a matter of semantics where they won't transfer an account but will "copy" player data from one platform to the other. An "account transfer" may mean to them, that you expect them to create an account from scratch on the new platform, then dump your avatar into it, I don't think it works that way.

Or, maybe Glu has decided to stop throwing good money after bad, and has ceased copying Amazon player data onto viable platforms, but I hope that's not the case. At any rate, no one has accused Glu of having amazing customer service.

Good luck!
    73AA wrote: »
    The only thing that is really necessary is for the player is to create an Android account & play to the point where they can create an avatar name. Then, send in a request via email from either account to GLU to migrate the Amazon account to their Android account...GLU does the rest. Snapshots of profile, weapons, equipment, drone & drone parts, character customizations owned, gold, diamonds, accumulated energy, & snapshot of Android account were sent (absolutely necessary in my opinion).

The migration took 2 days; he is happily playing & visiting the Amazon clan about once a day to help more members to move to the Android platform.
  • Options
    Having a "minor" problem getting good matchups?

Screenshot_2016-12-08-12-36-31.png

Screenshot_2016-12-08-12-39-41.png

A restart showed the problem, even though the store only showed weapons below level 4, GLU had just transferred my account.

That's the good news. The bad news is long attacks cause a crash, and short attacks have very poor lag issues teetering on crashing. Also tried an elite mission, and that crashed as well. None of this happened with the low power drone/weapons I began the account with. Looks like my device will not handle Google Play. Nice knowing all of you! I'm out.
  • Options
    Did you try again? I just looked up your profile and what you have posted above doesn't match what I am seeing.

My display shows you at ALPHA-GOLF with 32.5-33.5 weapons ... definitely NOT what your screen shot is showing.

57,324 VP also.

Going to do a challenge and see what happens ... BRB

All looks fine to me, but if what you posted is what you're seeing, something is definitely wrong ...
    ... let me know if you want to troubleshoot ???
  • Options
    What you now see was after the restart I spoke of. All had been transferred, and after the 50/50 chance of crashing, 2 hours after the transfer, I decided to see if a clean uninstall and reinstall would help, as I often do with my Amazon version.

To my surprise, I started Google from scratch - the step by step beginning. Then hoping maybe to get to where it asks you to create your nickname, it would not allow me to put in SBDMAN, said that nickname was taken. So, the transfer is officially lost, he is now called SBDM4N. Google is backing me up, I can uninstall and re-install now, but it's the SBDM4N. And, I don't think asking GLU to repeat the transfer will help the crashing.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    What you now see was after the restart I spoke of. All had been transferred, and after the 50/50 chance of crashing, 2 hours after the transfer, I decided to see if a clean uninstall and reinstall would help, as I often do with my Amazon version.

To my surprise, I started Google from scratch - the step by step beginning. Then hoping maybe to get to where it asks you to create your nickname, it would not allow me to put in SBDMAN, said that nickname was taken. So, the transfer is officially lost, he is now called SBDM4N. Google is backing me up, I can uninstall and re-install now, but it's the SBDM4N. And, I don't think asking GLU to repeat the transfer will help the crashing.

Good Morning ...

GLU doesn't need to re-transfer since SDBMAN is still "active" ... all we need to get them to do is kill SBDM4N and then rename SBDMAN to SBDM4N (that's the ticket, I believe). If that can be done, then 1/2 the battle is won.

Now just to be clear, here is what I've found.

Screenshot_20161209-051550.png?psid=1

Screenshot_20161209-051704.png?psid=1

Both player profiles are confirmed to be "active". Neither of these match what you posted, but I'm following your "sequence of events" and understand why. :)

Bring me up to speed on your devices (Senior and Junior) and what the status of each is. I kind of recall you no longer using the old Nexus 2012, if you are, then that's your problem.

I also remember you posting once that you had a new Samsung (not sure which) but those Samsung devices have always experienced CKS crashing issues; probably due to their proprietary, non-standard customizations of the Android OS and GLU's unwillingness to deviate from industry standards ...
    (I can't blame them for that)
    ... somewhat similar to the Kindle but worse, so using that device on Google Play could be problematic.

That leads me to the mystery 3rd device, which I cannot seem to remember the make and model.

If your heart is in the right place, we can fix this Buddy ... all it takes is the "will to survive". :cool:
  • Options
    Yes, those are both my Nexus 2012. SBDM4N was my attempt at hoping I could assume the old nickname when getting to the point of doing my first PVP again. Obviously, version 6 is different enough that it is much more unstable on that device. I very rarely crashed at Amazon if I cleared cache 4 times a day, and have had quite a few perfect globals with that profile.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 S Pro (what a mouthful) is a champ of a device, very stable. I've always had both CKS and MIRN running at the same time, quickly going back and forth between the two. I plan not to move him to Google for Clan reasons. Something I'm not going to "get over it".

And yes, there's a temporary device SBDJR. That's my laptop, the first to try out the Google version. Very stable, but too bulky to be a handy full time device for gaming. Fun for Clan Wars, though.
  • Options
    try_again wrote: »
    Yes, those are both my Nexus 2012. SBDM4N was my attempt at hoping I could assume the old nickname when getting to the point of doing my first PVP again. Obviously, version 6 is different enough that it is much more unstable on that device. I very rarely crashed at Amazon if I cleared cache 4 times a day, and have had quite a few perfect globals with that profile.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 S Pro (what a mouthful) is a champ of a device, very stable. I've always had both CKS and MIRN running at the same time, quickly going back and forth between the two. I plan not to move him to Google for Clan reasons. Something I'm not going to "get over it".

And yes, there's a temporary device SBDJR. That's my laptop, the first to try out the Google version. Very stable, but too bulky to be a handy full time device for gaming. Fun for Clan Wars, though.

Come on Bro get over the "get over it" comment. :) Your wife must catch hell.

So I would think that your BEST course of action is to leave the Nexus 2012 on Amazon (where it works OK) and try using the Samsung on Google Play.

Agreed, CKS 6.0 has much too much going on for that Nexus 2012; I gave up the Nexus 2013 many months past. It's fast approaching 5 years old and is well past it's useful lifetime ...
    ... got a 7-8 year old around, I'm sure they might love it; my nephew (6 years) loves it.

So how do we proceed from here?

The optimal option would be to replace the Nexus 2012 with a newer device. There are some great devices out there for under $200; that way the Samsung can stay where it is until "The End".

I guess we can assume that you would have been "dead in the water" even if Amazon continued to get the updates; I doubt very seriously that the Kindle could handle CKS 6.0 either ... pass it on.

*** SMILES ***