Options

DH14 UPDATE: v. 1.2.1 live on iOS. Fixes hanging, saving and more

1.2.1 update addresses the following issues:

· Hang on update screen
· Receiving a “failed to download” message
· Game progress not being saved
· Crashes when booting the game
· Bug fixes and other improvements to game performance

If you are on iOS and have been experiencing any of these issues, please update now to 1.2.1.

We are very aware of the frustration that you all have suffered over the last week while we have been scrambling to get these fixed. The team spent the last week working many long nights to get this rolled out at soon as possible.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    This build is also available for Android users as well!
  • Options
    Ga8or22Ga8or22 Registered Users 34 Posts
    How do you update on an iPad - I am on v1.2.0 - 12-16-2013.
  • Options
    walksonairwalksonair Registered Users 2 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    1.2.1 update addresses the following issues:

· Hang on update screen
    · Receiving a “failed to download” message
    · Game progress not being saved
    · Crashes when booting the game
    · Bug fixes and other improvements to game performance

If you are on iOS and have been experiencing any of these issues, please update now to 1.2.1.

We are very aware of the frustration that you all have suffered over the last week while we have been scrambling to get these fixed. The team spent the last week working many long nights to get this rolled out at soon as possible.

I have an iPhone 5S with iOS 7.0.4 and just updated to 1.2.1. I have a strong WiFi, etc and the app still crashes on launch.
  • Options
    haaheohaaheo Registered Users 9 Posts
    Does this mean u fixed the cloud save. Im not using my google+ accnt yet untilfor sure fixed. 3rd time around grinding n installing numerous games for glu credit. Maybe just stick tonormal save on my galaxy note2 until I see some posts it actually fixed..

Mele kalikimaka n haouli maka hiki hou.

Ps thx gluadmin for tryng to update everyone on whats goin on.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Ga8or22 wrote: »
    How do you update on an iPad - I am on v1.2.0 - 12-16-2013.

via App Store updates. I got a free gun afterwards.
  • Options
    jbig17jbig17 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Lucky you with the free gun... I tried again to beat all the rare hunts in South Africa to unlock the area 6 assault riffle for free (which I got and lost yesterday) and it didn't work after going through all of the same levels. At least my game now saves but very frustrating to lose weapons and money earned... Specially when they deem that 160k cash is worth 99.99$ in real life. I'm betting that a lot of people lost all that money including me.
  • Options
    GibBeckyGibBecky Registered Users 16 Posts
    Update message at beginning still taking forever. Using drink still counts down fast except when in scope.. You really didn't fix much. Not happy that I lost a lot of money because it would not save....
  • Options
    Geoff_petersGeoff_peters Registered Users 1 Posts
    Thanks for the fix and a free weapon!
  • Options
    IhateCrappyProgrammingIhateCrappyProgramming Registered Users 49 Posts
    I don't know what you did but now when I try to launch, I get the GLU logo then get kicked out entirely. So, you fixed the hanging issue this way?
    iOS 7. latest and running 1.2.1
    No app update notice appearing for 1.2.2
  • Options
    thistlethistle Registered Users 5 Posts
    I'm having trouble with the latest update, as well, particularly with the weapons. I used my coins (400+, eugh) on the Jolly Shot, and it's not picking up for the higher level hunts. The holiday weapon icon remains red/! and when I touch, it says "A <'specialstat_christmas2 'loc missing> shotgun is required."

I'm running Android 4.1.2.
  • Options
    RooneRoone Registered Users 253 Posts
    FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY:

For those using iOS, have version 1.2.1 and are hanging on launch of the game try these steps.

1. Download iExplorer from http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/
    2. Install iExplorer
    3. Launch iExplorer. Select continue to use in Demo Mode
    4. Connect iOS device. If device has a password enter it on the device and have device on home screen before device will load in iExplorer
    5. Double Click Apps
    6. Double Click DH 2014 folder
    7. Double Click Library
    8. Delete the below FOLDER
    Apps/DH 2014/Library/BundleData

9. Double Click Caches
    10. Delete the below file
    a. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/manifesttime.txt

11. Launch the game

If that works great! If not try also deleting this additional files.

a. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/Manifest
    b. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/manifesttime.txt
    c. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/ABTestConfig.txt
    d. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/GluonConfig.txt
    e. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/Killswitch.txt
    f. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/MissionSettings.txt

Please reply here if that fixes it for you. If it worked if just the one file worked or you had to do the whole list.

Thanks for helping us verify this fix!
  • Options
    yale93yale93 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Exact same problem here. Iphone 5, iOS 7. App wont even load now. GLU guy pops up and it kicks me back to iphone home screen. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I really do like this game but it has been inoperable on my phone more than operable since I downloaded 6 weeks ago. Very frustrating and has cost me money that I need to have apple credit back
  • Options
    walksonairwalksonair Registered Users 2 Posts
    Fix did not work at all. Tried following steps and repeating. No go.
  • Options
    BbashBbash Registered Users 11 Posts
    This game is still all messed up. It won't recognize my holiday weapons while trying to start any holiday

I've never played a game with this many problems. They have just gotten worse and worse on my game. Deer hunter 2014 maybe over in 2013 if they don't get in gear.
  • Options
    Karnage00Karnage00 Registered Users 7 Posts
    Good fix but one little thing you's have sneakily added in. In regions 4,5 and 6 Christmas shotgun series before the fix you could use the snow plow shotgun to finish it ( and I know this because I done each one and my progress never saved) but as soon as you's released the fix lo and behold you must have a hi powered Christmas shotgun to complete it which costs over 400 hundred gold but it just so happens you's put 480 gold on special for $20.99 a coincidence I think not,so all that means is the only way you can finish the Christmas hunts is to pay 20.99.so yeah sorry but if I have to pay that much to play I will go and buy cabella's thanks.
  • Options
    MisearsMisears Registered Users 1 Posts
    Update didn't fix hang up issue. After opening ap on iPhone 4S it gets stuck on the glu guy then shuts down...help!
  • Options
    SoograSoogra Registered Users 1 Posts
    Please help. Game won't load and don't want to loose anything. How can it be fixed
  • Options
    MP76MP76 Registered Users 8 Posts
    DH2014 has literally crashed all day today...
    Just saying.
  • Options
    HTIGHTIG Registered Users 2 Posts
    How do we access 1.2.1? It does not show up on my App Store Updates. I am playing on a macbook pro.
  • Options
    wesfrank75wesfrank75 Registered Users 2 Posts
    turned in a ticket on 12-23-2013 and still no response ticket #131223-000263.
    PLEASE HELP love the game but haven't been able to play for over a month and I have spent a descent amount of money in the game and I don't feel I should have to spent $50 on IExplorer.
  • Options
    twildaytwilday Registered Users 1 Posts
    Game has been stuck for 2 days on my iPhone 5c. has iCloud or gamecenter been fixed so I can uninstall and then reinstall and still have my stuff? I have completed level 7.
  • Options
    Pine777zaPine777za Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have followed the steps as set out hereunder, and it works! You don't have to pay for iexplorer, just use the demo mode.
    Roone wrote: »
    FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY:

For those using iOS, have version 1.2.1 and are hanging on launch of the game try these steps.

1. Download iExplorer from http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/
    2. Install iExplorer
    3. Launch iExplorer. Select continue to use in Demo Mode
    4. Connect iOS device. If device has a password enter it on the device and have device on home screen before device will load in iExplorer
    5. Double Click Apps
    6. Double Click DH 2014 folder
    7. Double Click Library
    8. Delete the below FOLDER
    Apps/DH 2014/Library/BundleData

9. Double Click Caches
    10. Delete the below file
    a. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/manifesttime.txt

11. Launch the game

If that works great! If not try also deleting this additional files.

a. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/Manifest
    b. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/manifesttime.txt
    c. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/ABTestConfig.txt
    d. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/GluonConfig.txt
    e. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/Killswitch.txt
    f. 1 file. Apps/DH 2014/Library/Caches/MissionSettings.txt

Please reply here if that fixes it for you. If it worked if just the one file worked or you had to do the whole list.

Thanks for helping us verify this fix!
  • Options
    wesfrank75wesfrank75 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Pine777za wrote: »
    I have followed the steps as set out hereunder, and it works! You don't have to pay for iexplorer, just use the demo mode.

Still no fix and yes I tried the iexplorer on demo still freezing on start up.
  • Options
    JvbundrickJvbundrick Registered Users 1 Posts
    I was using it last night on my iPhone 4 and it crashed and now it is stuck on the glu screen. When will a new update be available?
  • Options
    BltiiBltii Registered Users 1 Posts
    Seems the higher I get in the game, the worse it gets. I keep using my energy to hunt, then It crashes!!!

Also, please Allow us to cash in on guns we no longer user for cash.
  • Options
    SoCalMitchSoCalMitch Registered Users 31 Posts
    I began having the same problem today. I tried resetting my ipad. Resetting the network settings. Being in airplane mode. And all my software is the latest versions. It freezes on the gman logo then poofs away back to my ipads home screen.

Please, please, please. Get this fixed.
  • Options
    BigbhaabBigbhaab Registered Users 7 Posts
    I'm having this exact issue an I really liked this game enough to make purchases. Where do you go to put in the ticket?
  • Options
    BigbhaabBigbhaab Registered Users 7 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    via App Store updates. I got a free gun afterwards.
    I went into App Store and searched for deer hunter and update 1.2.1 and I didn't get any results. How did you find this update? Thanks
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Go to options and then About. It should tell you what version you're running there. If it isn't 1.2.1 then there'll be an update available somewhere.
  • Options
    SoCalMitchSoCalMitch Registered Users 31 Posts
    When it crashes on the splash screen you can't get to the options. :-)

However, by going to the app store, I see that is the current release. My button in that listing says "open" which would indicate I've got the most recent update. Add to that the fact that I remember updating it mid December, confirms I've got the latest release. I've submitted a ticket a few days ago, but so far, no response.

@bigbhaab, the link to start a ticket is at the top of your screen, right of center.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.