Options

Open Season

DebDeb Registered Users 25 Posts
960C5DDB-C2C0-4AB9-8803-892DB5DFEF05_zpsgizslhif.jpg
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    Fb dh2014 shows a deer this black bear wonder if new prey will be added to open season event quite fancy russia as a new region
    ( + )
  • Options
    I was hoping that we'd get to pop off Easter bunnies and hidden eggs today.
  • Options
    Sponsored by Clayton and Westin, so maybe we can win a Clayton/Westin weapon or have to have one to compete?
  • Options
    biggamepisalbiggamepisal Registered Users 115 Posts
    Has this been released on any operating system/platform yet?
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    It hasn't been released yet. My guess is that it will be released this Thursday.

I am thinking the Barton bow will be the required weapon. And the reward for completing the events will be region 11 weapons. Which will be Clayton or Westin weapons.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    Thanks. Just curious if it's going to be a typical classic case of having to spend ridiculous money to get a specific rifle to hunt for mediocre returns. I really hope not. Glu has been doing much better lately. I hope they don't go backwards.
  • Options
    Eagles might be required to purchase the new weapon. That is what Glu did with the 3 bows. The ad sort of suggests that eagles will be the currency.
  • Options
    vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
    The ad clearly states and underlines the word "tons" of plat eagles. Assuming these are standard 1oz coins, 16oz to the pound, 2000 pounds to the ton, then at a MINIMUM we should be able to earn 2x16x2000=64,000 plat coins each over the event. Even if we assume these weigh the same as an average bald eagle from whence they are named at 14lbs each, we should be able get a MINIMUM of 2x(2000/14)=285 coins. Therefore I feel safe saying we will be able to earn between 285 and 64,000 plat coins which will still not be enough to max out the Barton bow that is totally useless as of 2 regions ago. GG.
  • Options
    Kyra420 posted a while back that only 1800 eagles were required to fully upgrade the Barton bow.

I think you are reading a little to much into the "tons" part of the ad.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    Especially as they don't actually exist!
  • Options
    Some people live far too literally!
  • Options
    vid666vid666 Registered Users 76 Posts
    pistoff wrote: »
    Especially as they don't actually exist!

If they don't exist then how do I have 160 of them on my android phone? Burned. The only question is are they 1oz coins or 14lb eagles. I am also thinking that since this is an "open" event that apple users will not be able to participate because IOS is very much a closed system while android is open. Therefore I am modifying my prediction, reading the ad carefully, to say only android users will be able to earn between 268 - 64,000 plat eagles during the event. Apple users get to shoot wolverines all day for hunter bux.
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    I seem to be doing ok with my apple, I've got 900 platinum coins, and currently am racking up extra ones on a hidden zombie hunt in the region 9 club hunts
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    I still haven't been able to get that hidden zombie hunt to work. I wish I knew your secret.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    straightshooterstraightshooter Registered Users 1,231 Posts
    I wondered if westin bullseye would be chosen weapon for event or if event shows prey of bears and deer thats not a sun bear so may notbe event in hidden region but in one of the standard regions?
    ( + )
  • Options
    Tanner96 wrote: »
    I still haven't been able to get that hidden zombie hunt to work. I wish I knew your secret.

What device are you on? It works on my iphone 5. I just swipe through the club hunts and soon as the "go hunt " banner on region 9 turns white I click on it. I have already got about 50 eagles from it so far.
  • Options
    Tanner96Tanner96 Registered Users 544 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    What device are you on? It works on my iphone 5. I just swipe through the club hunts and soon as the "go hunt " banner on region 9 turns white I click on it. I have already got about 50 eagles from it so far.
    I'm on an iPad, IOS 6. I've done what you instructed numerous times, but I can't get the maps to go blank. I'll keep trying.
    :mad:iPad 4:mad:
  • Options
    Tanner96 wrote: »
    I'm on an iPad, IOS 6. I've done what you instructed numerous times, but I can't get the maps to go blank. I'll keep trying.

Maybe it can't be done on an iPad. Not really that big of a deal, the next event you will be able to earn eagles. I was just trying to get extra eagles to get a head start on the next event.
  • Options
    Timber ghostTimber ghost Registered Users 371 Posts
    vid666 wrote: »
    The ad clearly states and underlines the word "tons" of plat eagles. Assuming these are standard 1oz coins, 16oz to the pound, 2000 pounds to the ton, then at a MINIMUM we should be able to earn 2x16x2000=64,000 plat coins each over the event. Even if we assume these weigh the same as an average bald eagle from whence they are named at 14lbs each, we should be able get a MINIMUM of 2x(2000/14)=285 coins. Therefore I feel safe saying we will be able to earn between 285 and 64,000 plat coins which will still not be enough to max out the Barton bow that is totally useless as of 2 regions ago. GG.

I agree with Sheppeck "reading to much into it"---however just an FYI --gold and other precious metals are measured in troy ounces --one Troy oz is equal to 1.10 oz or 31.10 grams--1lb is equal to 14.58 Troy ounces---1 ton is equal to 29166 Troy ounces
  • Options
    vid666 wrote: »
    If they don't exist then how do I have 160 of them on my android phone?

Take one of them off your phone and weigh it then! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    LosLos Registered Users 263 Posts
    Just did another zombie hunt, 7:30 pm eastern standard, on iPad. I've been sliding side to side between region 8-10 as fast as I can then run it back to region 4 and as fast as I can back to 9, and if I time it to stop at 9, it works, but not every time. I've gotten through 8 times today. I restart my iPad after the hunt. Don't try it unless you restart or it will freeze up, and you'll lose your hunt credit. Good luck!!
  • Options
    appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    Just play a regular game in between
  • Options
    You do have to alternate between a zombie hunt and a regular hunt. If you don't your device will freeze up and you will lose the hunt energy.
  • Options
    Lanai HunterLanai Hunter Registered Users 22 Posts
    You do have to alternate between a zombie hunt and a regular hunt. If you don't your device will freeze up and you will lose the hunt energy.

Man, you guys have got the system down! I'm glad people are having a good time with the Zombie Hunts. I really got a kick in getting Eagles now so I don't have to sweat it out in the future when they will be needed. Not sure how long this party is going to last so don't waste it.
  • Options
    cabbagecabbage Registered Users 16 Posts
    never been able to get it to work. i see the 3 deer zombie hunt and then the game reloads automatically. oh well.
  • Options
    Lanai HunterLanai Hunter Registered Users 22 Posts
    cabbage wrote: »
    never been able to get it to work. i see the 3 deer zombie hunt and then the game reloads automatically. oh well.

All I can say is keep experimenting, if you see the Zombie Hunt there must be a way.
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    I wondered if westin bullseye would be chosen weapon for event or if event shows prey of bears and deer thats not a sun bear so may notbe event in hidden region but in one of the standard regions?

I have noticed that the Clayton Force shotgun is on sale with a 30% discount (455 golds). Ummm. Suspicious, considering that the event is sponsored by Clayton and Westin. If that shotgun is required to participate in the event and it is not more discounted I tend to believe that many of the iOS players will just watch Android users hunting ...
  • Options
    Menipo wrote: »
    I have noticed that the Clayton Force shotgun is on sale with a 30% discount (455 golds). Ummm. Suspicious, considering that the event is sponsored by Clayton and Westin. If that shotgun is required to participate in the event and it is not more discounted I tend to believe that many of the iOS players will just watch Android users hunting ...

I already bought the Clayton force shotgun when it was 680 gold. And I am on iOS. Are you in the US? If you are take advantage of the ads, there was a 4 day period about a week ago that I got over 600 gold just by clicking on a 16 second Olive Garden ad. Right now I have over 3800 gold.
  • Options
    MenipoMenipo Registered Users 218 Posts
    I already bought the Clayton force shotgun when it was 680 gold. And I am on iOS. Are you in the US? If you are take advantage of the ads, there was a 4 day period about a week ago that I got over 600 gold just by clicking on a 16 second Olive Garden ad. Right now I have over 3800 gold.

Lucky you! No, I am not in the US, so I have no access to the US ads (the famous Olive Garden and the others). My only way of getting gold is watching videos (1 every 4-5 days) and completing the bounties. Although I have completed all bounties but one, I had to spend almost 300 golds to buy the Headsman Elite and another bunch to buy the Cog, so my piggy bank is really slim now and could not afford a gold weapon like the Clayton Force.
  • Options
    I'm slowly dragging myself towards being able to afford it. I have around 400 gold bars after cleaning myself out spending 650 on the Cog instead of 91!