Options

Have you really gone hunting?

2Next

Comments

• Options
    wsmitty01wsmitty01 Registered Users 37 Posts
    Have hunted wild pigs, deer, bear, antelope, turkey, and elk.
  • Options
    Eli_the_HunterEli_the_Hunter Registered Users 660 Posts
    BrianK thanks for sharing that pic! Very cool.
    :cool: iPhone 4s :cool:
  • Options
    beerhunterbeerhunter Registered Users 277 Posts
    wow, briank, great introduction to the forum and a fine picture!

(this being your first post i just wonder what ELSE is still to come!)
  • Options
    triggerhappytriggerhappy Registered Users 159 Posts
    mostly milf
  • Options
    Sunny ThaiSunny Thai Registered Users 439 Posts
    I did a lot of camping around Shasta Lake when I was a kid. Beautiful area. Thanks for the pic.
    Drink more beer. :cool:
  • Options
    appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    @briank. You in nor cal? It's the only Shasta lake I know of so I'm assuming.
  • Options
    IRUBASHIRUBASH Registered Users 31 Posts
    I lived in MN for over 10 yrs. Shutguns are preferred weapon. I've been in FL for 9 yrs, anything is shot off here. FL deer are like big dogs compared to MN deer.
  • Options
    BrianKBrianK Registered Users 3 Posts
    @briank. You in nor cal? It's the only Shasta lake I know of so I'm assuming.

That's the one. I live in Redding CA, Lake Shasta is 10 minutes away :cool:
  • Options
    appliancedudeappliancedude Registered Users 113 Posts
    BrianK wrote: »
    That's the one. I live in Redding CA, Lake Shasta is 10 minutes away :cool:

LMAO Howdy neighbor. Me too
  • Options
    BrianKBrianK Registered Users 3 Posts
    LMAO Howdy neighbor. Me too

Small world... Howdy :)
  • Options
    blue ridgeblue ridge Registered Users 442 Posts
    I am an avid target shooter and gun collector, but rarely hunt. I have hunted deer, turkey, quail, dove, and coyote, but I'd prefer to be in the woods with some steel targets.
    Facebook player
  • Options
    WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
    I have reciently taken up hunting.....both small and large game. Have deer in the freezer and a pronghorn skull mounted on the wall. I shoot, dress, skin and butcher.
    I guess that makes me a hunter.
    dh2014 is great practice for targeting and clean kills of large game.
    Aim true....shoot straight.
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    WmC wrote: »
    I have reciently taken up hunting.....both small and large game. Have deer in the freezer and a pronghorn skull mounted on the wall. I shoot, dress, skin and butcher.
    I guess that makes me a hunter.
    dh2014 is great practice for targeting and clean kills of large game.
    Aim true....shoot straight.
    curious, were did you hunt for the pronghorn? Montana? I'd like to see them added to DH!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    WmCWmC Registered Users 218 Posts
    Took the pronghorn in Sept 2012 just outside of a ghost town called Kenna NM about 40 mi ene of Roswell NM......280 yd. range to target
  • Options
    todfoxxtodfoxx Registered Users 1,933 Posts
    Great shot! Nice to know game like the pronghorn , are still around to hunt!
    Galaxy tab S :cool: Kindle hdx
  • Options
    muskoxmuskox Registered Users 131 Posts
    Elk, white tail deer, mule deer, fox, caribou and musk ox. I have never shot a moose, but have accompanied other hunters who have. I was a guide in Idaho for a few years. Very into hunting.
  • Options
    muskox wrote: »
    Elk, white tail deer, mule deer, fox, caribou and musk ox. I have never shot a moose, but have accompanied other hunters who have. I was a guide in Idaho for a few years. Very into hunting.

Awesome stuff muskox. I would like to go hunting at least once in my life, but I gotta first learn how to fire a gun!
  • Options
    IhateCrappyProgrammingIhateCrappyProgramming Registered Users 49 Posts
    Deer, duck, pheasant, goose, squirrel, rabbit, coyote...um, probably other stuff too.
  • Options
    I have been very fortunate Eli. I lived in Alaska for ah while, so I have hunted to fill the freezer. My funny hunting story for this thread pertains to my musk ox hunt. I shot a musk ox north east of Nome, Alaska. When I did, I hit it in the neck, just ahead of its lungs. It was in a herd, and the report of my Browning 300 Win mag scared the herd a few yards away. As I began walking toward my kill, a trip of about 350 yds, the animal I had harvested was not quite dead and began bawling. The other musk oxen heard it and slowly circled my wounded animal with their horns facing me. The animal I had fired upon died about fifteen minutes later. However, that herd stood circling my harvested animal for almost an hour and a half. Their herd loyalty was so incredible. I was SOS cold and their was light rain falling on the tundra. I was so cold and wet by the time I got to my animal. It was an interesting hunt indeed.
  • Options
    The easiest way to hunt pronghorn is to lay in the grass and wave an orange flag. Their curiosity brings them right to you. True story.
  • Options
    PolevaultmauiPolevaultmaui Registered Users 7 Posts
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    I grew up in Pennsylvania. And I have never gone hunting here in Hawaii. But people do go pig hunting here.
    I've gone dear hunting here in Hawaii
    In Hawaii theirs dear, bird(rearly hunted though) , pig, goat, and surprisingly turkey hunting
    I've got friends that go pig and turkey hunting and they say that if u go turky hunting and plan to eat it nail it to a two by fore cook it for a day then eat the two by fore caus is softer

I personally have gone dear hunting for eradication pourposes theirs not real a kill limit, age, or gender restrictions and on privet land with a eradication permit no seasons but it's not like we shoot the first thing we see caus if we did that their wouldn't be notin for us to hunt, anyways when I went I got a good size buck for Hawaii but compared to the mainland it was a smaller

Most of the hunting in Hawaii is to control or eradicate non native animals doing savere damage to Hawaii's native habitat and ecosystem.
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts

Most of the hunting in Hawaii is to control or eradicate non native animals doing savere damage to Hawaii's native habitat and ecosystem.

Like tourists....
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    muskox wrote: »
    I have been very fortunate Eli. I lived in Alaska for ah while, so I have hunted to fill the freezer. My funny hunting story for this thread pertains to my musk ox hunt. I shot a musk ox north east of Nome, Alaska. When I did, I hit it in the neck, just ahead of its lungs. It was in a herd, and the report of my Browning 300 Win mag scared the herd a few yards away. As I began walking toward my kill, a trip of about 350 yds, the animal I had harvested was not quite dead and began bawling. The other musk oxen heard it and slowly circled my wounded animal with their horns facing me. The animal I had fired upon died about fifteen minutes later. However, that herd stood circling my harvested animal for almost an hour and a half. Their herd loyalty was so incredible. I was SOS cold and their was light rain falling on the tundra. I was so cold and wet by the time I got to my animal. It was an interesting hunt indeed.

I'm not sure if that qualifies for funny buddy, I think I would've ****ped my pants lol. That is a rather interesting story for sure, thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    SheppeckSheppeck Registered Users 1,609 Posts
    Nice to learn something new. I never heard of anyone going Turkey or goat hunting. I have heard about the dear eradication on some of the Hawaii islands but thought you had to have a special permit and that the permits were very limited.
    :cool:iPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    JameshuntJameshunt Registered Users 51 Posts
    what happens if you wanna hunt but don't want to deal with cutting the animal up or anything? can you take it and sell it as it is or something?

I've never gone hunting, I would really like to, but i wouldn't want to deal with the carcass. hunting seems like a lot of fun
  • Options
    Sheppeck wrote: »
    Nice to learn something new. I never heard of anyone going Turkey or goat hunting. I have heard about the dear eradication on some of the Hawaii islands but thought you had to have a special permit and that the permits were very limited.
    Actually to get a eradication license for privet property is limited but to hunt on privet property all u need is a hunting license (witch u have to take a hunters safety corse to get( the classes though are harde to get in to due to the low # of classes and high # of hunters so the classes are alwase full)) and pramition from the land owner (providing they have an eradication license for the land) but if u go on public land all u need is a hunters liscense..... We'll that and to fallow the law
  • Options
    We'll you can alwase take someone who is knows how and is willing to clean the dear with u on the hunt I suggest go with some on u know who has hunted before and just a word of caution bout 90% of first time hunters feal nauseous the first few times they kill something and u aint alwase guaranteed to get/kill or even see something (ex: a buck) every time u go hunting

And I think u can sell the meat it would be kinda weird trying to sell an entire dear intact guts and all
  • Options
    casajr wrote: »
    Like tourists....

Yeh...lol :p........
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to mention here in Hawaii you don't need tags to hunt or take an animal