Options

Hunt shuts off

GlfjunkeGlfjunke Registered Users 68 Posts
After 1 hunt, game shuts down and you have to restart. Connection very good. Using Apple I pad mini.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Samer MadbakSamer Madbak Registered Users 1,247 Posts
    Glfjunke wrote: »
    After 1 hunt, game shuts down and you have to restart. Connection very good. Using Apple I pad mini.

The game has been glitchy lately. I had at least half a dozen restarts while completing the sixty-hunts event :(
    Playing on LG G4 (Android)
  • Options
    XODIVERXODIVER Registered Users 6 Posts
    Mine has progressively gotten worse also. To the point I may give up on this game intirely.
  • Options
    mark5487mark5487 Registered Users 51 Posts
    Have not had a problem YET with the easter hunt,but I submitted a ticket two days ago because standard 18 keeps freezing during the contract hunts,both are the same both are freezing. Have finished the regular hunts and have had no problems for awhile doing the 18 contract hunts.Has anyone else had a problem with Standard 18.
  • Options
    TdubTdub Registered Users 706 Posts
    Went to purchase the one time offer for R15 weapon and the game shuts down...comes back up and the weapon is now at 100Gold more...urrrgh
    Say What??
  • Options
    wkelliottwkelliott Registered Users 2 Posts
    That happened to me on both level 18 and the Easter Egg hunts...They refunded money for gold I lost on level 18. I did not lose any on the Easter hunt glitch...yet!
  • Options
    Now I'm crashing DURING hunts!!
  • Options
    XODIVER wrote: »
    Now I'm crashing DURING hunts!!

I am crashing once every five or six hunts during the hunt itself. Controls get stuck and the game seems to have lost fluidity
  • Options
    DeenohunterDeenohunter Registered Users 180 Posts
    iPhone 6 and never a crash or problem :)
  • Options
    Bill1957Bill1957 Registered Users 972 Posts
    iPhone 6 and never a crash or problem :)

Likewise on my iPhone 6. No crashing at all.
    :cool:IPhone 6:cool:
  • Options
    casajrcasajr Registered Users 1,468 Posts
    My iPhone 6 is fine. However, my iPad Mini (1st gen) is a crashy, buggy, stuttery mess. The game may have outgrown it.

The iPad ALWAYS crashes during a hunt when there is a golden egg.
    Common Sense is an ultra-rare superpower.
  • Options
    pistoffpistoff Registered Users 865 Posts
    I play on iPad 3 and it stutters a lot, but no crashes.
  • Options
    iPad mini for me. Bigger screen
  • Options
    casajr wrote: »
    My iPhone 6 is fine. However, my iPad Mini (1st gen) is a crashy, buggy, stuttery mess. The game may have outgrown it.

The iPad ALWAYS crashes during a hunt when there is a golden egg.
    Funny I am getting that as well. Whenever there is a golden egg I crash 50% of the time :)
  • Options
    It's strange. iPhone 6 works flawlessly, iPad Mini works flawfully. It must be processor related. No other apps open. Same OS version.

I have about 130 easter eggs so far on the bounty and only 1 golden egg on the iPad because of the crashes.
  • Options
    Strange indeed...whenever I am offered something of low value as batteries or hollowpoints there is no problem. But as soon as I get an offer for 3 Gold or 3 Energy drinks the game shuts down just before I can claim them. Hmmmm???
    Say What??
  • Options
    Chipmunk92065Chipmunk92065 Registered Users 23 Posts
    IOS system and mine is crashing more and more...just did two hunts and it crashed. Also during a hunt it is not smoothe like it hangs up for a second off and on through the whole hunt. This is how Dino hunters started with me and I finally just had to quit playing it and deleted it. I hope they get this fixed and I don't have to quit this game too. It is so frustrating!!!!!
    It wouldn't be so bad it it wasn't doing the jumping in and out but when it crashes totally its a real pain because it takes so long to start it back.
  • Options
    Chipmunk92065Chipmunk92065 Registered Users 23 Posts
    Mine does that too. IOS system
  • Options
    Well, I sent a ticket in. Maybe the devs are reading this forum and there will be an update soon.
  • Options
    As long as this thread has been going, I think they're ignoring it.
  • Options
    OK...I am getting kicked off almost every hunt...getting worse...is it me or the game? Ipad 3 or 4...heck I don't know.
    Say What??
  • Options
    My iPad has been a bit more stable the last few days after a hard reset and installing iOS 8.3. Still crashing on gold egg hunts, but I managed to get 3 of them. Major stutter after about 5 seconds, but I'm used to that now. iPhone 6 still working well.

Still no response from customer service on my ticket, not that I was really expecting one.
  • Options
    Lucy DLucy D Registered Users 49 Posts
    It's just been terrible since the bunny and egg [I'm not sure which came first :) ] update, I sometimes can't even get a shot in before the timer runs out as the controls keep sticking and I can only move the scope a little at a time. Crashes very often during and after hunts and when trying to claim a video reward, missing out on a lot of golden eggs because of the crashes too. Very frustrating.
    I hope the developers of DH 2016 will put the emphasis on smooth, glitch-free gameplay rather than pretty stars coming out of shiny eggs and bunnies hopping about all over the place. Love the ideas, but the problems have got progressively worse as the game has got older and bigger. I'm starting to dread every update, because it inevitably means more glitchiness.
    But still I persevere...
  • Options
    I feel your pain....My iPad crashes on almost all of the golden egg hunts. As a result, I have finished the easter egg bounty but only have 6 gold eggs.
  • Options
    Lucy DLucy D Registered Users 49 Posts
    I meant to add - I'm playing on Android.
    So it's obviously multi-platform glitchiness.
    Glu have some great games, but they really need to work on this issue.
    xx
  • Options
    I didnt realize this was multi-platform. I was under the impression that this was limited to older iPads. I'm hoping that this all gets cleaned up when HR6 is released this week. That should still leave enough time to get the easter bounties.
  • Options
    Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    I have completed the bounties for the eggs, bunnies and golden eggs on both the Kindle and the iPad. I have had no bugs ever on either device. (Except for Bugs Bunny - LOL)

Even the old issue with videos not working on the iPad has cleared up. I had so many power drinks on the iPad that I spent many of them just shooting at necks for the bounty. The Kindle still $ucks in that regard, getting no videos or free gold.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Options
    I have completed the bounties for the eggs, bunnies and golden eggs on both the Kindle and the iPad. I have had no bugs ever on either device. (Except for Bugs Bunny - LOL)

Even the old issue with videos not working on the iPad has cleared up. I had so many power drinks on the iPad that I spent many of them just shooting at necks for the bounty. The Kindle still $ucks in that regard, getting no videos or free gold.
    Save up those energy drinks. You will need lots of them for the crocodile tears bounty. 150 eye shots for a hunt that has only theee siamese crocs.
  • Options
    @Roland Deschain

Which iPad do you have? I have a first generation iPad Mini, and, since the latest App Store update, it has become really slow and buggy.
  • Options
    Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Registered Users 303 Posts
    casajr,

I don't know what version it is. It is about 3 1/2 years old (Fall of 2012?). I haven't installed iOS 8.3 yet. If you have installed it, maybe that could be part of the "slow and buggy" issue.

The Kindle is about one year newer, fall of 2013-ish.
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and iPad
  • Options
    RitaCarrollRitaCarroll Registered Users 54 Posts
    Well, guess it's time for me to add my complaints to the list. i play on an iPad mini, it has freezes just after a hunt starts so long now that I kind of forgot it ever was smooth. I just wait till I see breeze blowing before I shoot now. But the shutting off after almost every hunt that's THE most frustrating. This game has updated so much that I should be good until 2017. After reading all these posts I'm thinking it's not even worth putting in a ticket. Thanks for letting me vent. Happy hunting everyone.