Options

iCloud Backup

ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
Is it no longer working? Man this game is really derailing haha. Instead of adding things in their updates could they actually be removing features?

/Shaking My Head
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    lauapiklauapik Registered Users 490 Posts
    ChrisTot wrote: »
    Is it no longer working? Man this game is really derailing haha. Instead of adding things in their updates could they actually be removing features?

/Shaking My Head

I think we wrongly blame the game. I had a talk with Imrul last nite and I found out that when he was downloading and updating the game there was a problem. There was a kind of problem like a slowdown in the connection of his wifi or a cutoff and so the game was not loaded properly. His wifi connection at home was too slow and he had to go to a computer centre to load the game and didnt realise that the first loading had already compromised the game. Something or file must have been corrupted in the first downloading.

Hope this helps those who experienced this problem. I think the problem can be solved this way but I am not sure. Sync you device with you computer, mac or pc and, to save the game on itune. Then delete the game and download the game againon the device and be sure there are no interruptions in the downloading. Then sync the device to the computer again. I need your opinion on this Chris as I am not too sure. Thanks.
  • Options
    Well I'm a developer as you know so of course I never wrongly blame the game for things that I understand go wrong.

Things like GameCenter not connecting anymore in iOS 7..I get it.
    Things like Multiplayer disconnecting in the early days like 90% of the time..I get it.

This is not that though, this is an intentional functionality issue. Try it for yourself, unless this is an iOS 7 issue as well.

1) Save your game
    2) Go buy a free dragon breaker
    3) Try to load your game

I'm getting THIS message when I try to do that: "You have to wait (0) hours to reload your last save."

Does anyone else get this as well? All of my devices on iOS 7 do this now which is the 4s and wi-fi only iPad 4.

If it's just me then I can get it, but if it's not..that would be a shame to take away the "skill" of beating the RNG of the game. If you ARE gonna let it stay here..then you should probably not allow people to have "grandfathered in" dragon breakers and Mystery Axes. We'd need a new standard of best weapon to be released stat for people to appreciate the game again.

I actually like that direction, for what it's worth. I think it's cool how Ron is proud of how "lucky" one of his items got. It's actually cool to me how people could have gear that wasn't the exact same. With the current situation I like it too for different reasons because it takes so much time and patience to reap the rewards of an OCD item. You work for weeks to be the best, and it makes sense. It was actually something I kinda liked on iOS was that you could reach the max skill for your items.

I like the simplicity of no one having that option on Android, but the game can't have "grandfathered in" items like our awesome breakers for that situation to work, you have to have a new even playing field. That's what I think of it..especially with PVP rankings being their new direction.

-Chris
  • Options
    I think I am talking about a different issue here, Chris. Imrul was not getting his gems and coins back in Mystery Box and weapon upgrading when he reloads from icloud. He thought it was due to the latest game update. Whereas I dont have that problem with icloud. It's working fine with me.

I simply dont like the tournament cos the game is not very responsive and wierd. One minute you play great and the next your attributes seem to disappear and not because of the random postive and negative attributes.

I think the main aim of the tournament is for you to buy gems to go to battle, make you spend real money to buy gems if you are impatient to fight.
  • Options
    You mean on attack or on defense? I feel like we actually don't know the way in which attributes does affect gear.

There's no way that for instance..a +101 poison could make sense on our gear. The person would just never get poisoned..all we'd need is a single +305 poison resist to take care of that.

We know how it affects us VS bosses, but how do we really know what "stats" the bosses have that dictates what we're preventing.

It'd be interesting to see what would happen if someone put all +thunder on a breaker and then all +attack. I wonder if the +thunder would actually be more powerful since we have +Def on our gear already. These Mystery Axes make things interesting.
  • Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    You mean on attack or on defense? I feel like we actually don't know the way in which attributes does affect gear.

There's no way that for instance..a +101 poison could make sense on our gear. The person would just never get poisoned..all we'd need is a single +305 poison resist to
    We know how it affects us VS bosses, but how do we really know what "stats" the bosses have that dictates what we're preventing.

It'd be interesting to see what would happen if someone put all +thunder on a breaker and then all +attack. I wonder if the +thunder would actually be more powerful since we have +Def on our gear already. These Mystery Axes make things interesting.
    Now im only dream to do that christ, it say same thing like u.
  • Options
    HenShin hohoHenShin hoho Registered Users 769 Posts
    I'm experience the same problem with you did here ur said
    you have to wait (0) hour to load your last savegame..
    i didn't know why GLU make this step spoiling they own game image at all it is really difficult to play anymore no loading back previous savegame i guess soon i will drop this same ever on my iPhone 4S tell you the true I'm play this fake almost a year a go i had a lot of diffident weapon item that never show on shop today just like Christmas Belt and Candy Crusher my money already reach to
    7.9 million element 20k blue diamond 34k no hack or jailbreak or ifunbox copy phase savegame.
    i never get borring fight play in daily mode for a year a go i really addict for this game design we could be wish more new monters or weapon fireball something like that appear on updated time to time we are fare up now in my Game Center already disable reminder noticed
    i'am very very up sad and disappointed GLU made this step guess soon uninstall
  • Options
    I'm experience the same problem with you did here ur said
    you have to wait (0) hour to load your last savegame..
    i didn't know why GLU make this step spoiling they own game image at all it is really difficult to play anymore no loading back previous savegame i guess soon i will drop this same ever on my iPhone 4S tell you the true I'm play this game almost a year a go i had a lot of diffident weapon item that never show on shop today just like Christmas Belt and Candy Crusher my money already reach to
    7.9 million element 20k blue diamond 34k no hack or jailbreak or ifunbox copy phase savegame.
    i never get borring fight play in daily mode for a year a go i really addict for this game design we could be wish more new monters or weapon fireball something like that appear on updated time to time we are fare up now in my Game Center already disable reminder noticed
    i'am very very up sad and disappointed GLU made this step guess soon uninstall
  • Options
    That's pretty awesome that you did this. I'm also glad someone else has experienced the same thing as me.

lauapik and Imrulkz, are you sure you'd done the most recent upgrade?

Some of the actual gameplay like the "weaker teammate" is already a turn off. Releasing a new update would taken an entire new weak to get approved, (unless they have the weapon list provided somewhere else). I feel like they don't and it would be at least another week.

Fully commit Glu! Mods if you're listening, leave the load save game like it is (where people can't use it except for its exact purpose), but release new gear so everyone's on the same playing field again. Just a suggestion. I know that personally, without gamecenter and a way to improve my gear right now, I have exactly 0 reasons to play right now, ha.
  • Options
    1) Save your game
    3) Try to load your game

I did the above and now I see what you mean. Now I see changes have been made to saving and loading. If this is the case, then the devs will be slitting their own throats.

Thanks Chris.

Imrul, I don't know why I could save and reload yesterday but now I know definitely there is nothing wrong with the game. The save and reload has been changed by some idiot intent on killing the game.
  • Options
    Matthew137Matthew137 Registered Users 17 Posts
    This really sucks, hopefully Glu staff will realize how stupid this decision was soon and fix it.
  • Options
    That's pretty awesome that you did this. I'm also glad someone else has experienced the same thing as me.

lauapik and Imrulkz, are you sure you'd done the most recent upgrade?

Some of the actual gameplay like the "weaker teammate" is already a turn off. Releasing a new update would taken an entire new weak to get approved, (unless they have the weapon list provided somewhere else). I feel like they don't and it would be at least another week.

Fully commit Glu! Mods if you're listening, leave the load save game like it is (where people can't use it except for its exact purpose), but release new gear so everyone's on the same playing field again. Just a suggestion. I know that personally, without gamecenter and a way to improve my gear right now, I have exactly 0 reasons to play right now, ha.

What I am interested in is having a great and honest game from both sides, the devs and the players. I am not interested in titles or paltry exclusive prizes. Having a great time with fellow players is more important. All the coins and elements becomes rubbish after a certain level. Now it's coming closer and closer to having a good reason to play further with idiotic programmers meddling with a good thing, killing the goose with the golden egg. Ha ha.
  • Options
    lauapik wrote: »
    1) Save your game
    3) Try to load your game

I did the above and now I see what you mean. Now I see changes have been made to saving and loading. If this is the case, then the devs will be slitting their own throats.

Thanks Chris.

Imrul, I don't know why I could save and reload yesterday but now I know definitely there is nothing wrong with the game. The save and reload has been changed by some idiot intent on killing the game.

It same happen to you? Today im got 1 succesful load from icloud, when im try again it say the Damm thing :mad:
  • Options
    Now we are in the same sampan, ha ha ha.
  • Options
    Imrulkz wrote: »
    It same happen to you? Today im got 1 succesful load from icloud, when im try again it say the Damm thing :mad:

I believe the "fix" happened with the newest update. iOS 7 automatically updates so even though I knew it happened on my iPhone I couldn't prevent it from happening on my iPad, lol.

It won't necessarily kill the game..but it kills it for me until they release new equipment..I've kinda been moving on to Plants vs Zombies 2 (which is also free) and the Zombies Road Rage game Imrulkz and I play. The only real interaction with friends though is people's high score, but it will be September 10th before I can use Game Center anyway..sigh..
  • Options
    IrsilegitnessIrsilegitness Registered Users 9 Posts
    I'm having the same problem... This is stupid... I hope it gets fixed
  • Options
    dinniiidinniii Registered Users 99 Posts
    i m out of game as they don't allow jailbreak devices to play PvP…
    when apple is not against jailbreak then why glu is
    Level 70
    Grand Dragon Lord
    Full Mystery set
    Dragon Breaker & Mystery Axe
    Game center: +dinniii+
  • Options
    dinniii wrote: »
    i m out of game as they don't allow jailbreak devices to play PvP…
    when apple is not against jailbreak then why glu is

Isn't jailbreak like a gun, when you can legally buy it and load it but when you use it illegally what then?
  • Options
    mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    Guess glu trying to prevent that loading exploit so people spend more money on the glu coins
    Well I'm sure they release another armour set in a few months time
  • Options
    mthead wrote: »
    Guess glu trying to prevent that loading exploit so people spend more money on the glu coins
    Well I'm sure they release another armour set in a few months time

If they want to release new armour or weapon it not interesting to upgrade when u cannot chose artt and got max stats.
  • Options
    sofakingboss89sofakingboss89 Registered Users 23 Posts
    looks like they have limited icloud loading to once per day, unfortunate for new players.
    Edit: I'm wondering if android users are having any difficulty with backing up their game saves
  • Options
    looks like they have limited icloud loading to once per day, unfortunate for new players.
    Edit: I'm wondering if android users are having any difficulty with backing up their game saves

Now that we know the binary file savegame.bin can be fiddled with, who would seriously want to play the tournament?
  • Options
    Now that we know the binary file savegame.bin can be fiddled with, who would seriously want to play the tournament?

I'm pretty sure it's been fiddled with since the game came out, never stopped anyone from playing before though.
  • Options
    mtheadmthead Registered Users 266 Posts
    how is tournament pvp on android anyway? just want to know other people experiences

my experience is laggy, so cant get a good game. I just spam the dash attack and hope for the best. With the mystery axe in my hand does kill them quickly

but still ranked 1227th. ..
  • Options

And of course you can just keep a copy of the binary and then "reload" it over and over again until you like what you see..this is WAY longer of a process than the original backup from icloud of course..so much longer in fact that it would make me not want to partake in it and i'd be finally okay with just having "random stats" on my gear.
  • Options
    But of course, in the game's current state it's "unplayable" as I was in the middle of crafting the perfect 305 gear set and now I cannot continue. I'll wait for the auto-update and play again when there is new gear that everyone randomly upgrades (since I'd imagine the devs would be able to KNOW that someone did the "save game.bin" method I just mentioned. I actually find this to be more enjoyable because the less time upgrading gear and the more time playing, the better.
  • Options
    But of course, in the game's current state it's "unplayable" as I was in the middle of crafting the perfect 305 gear set and now I cannot continue. I'll wait for the auto-update and play again when there is new gear that everyone randomly upgrades (since I'd imagine the devs would be able to KNOW that someone did the "save game.bin" method I just mentioned. I actually find this to be more enjoyable because the less time upgrading gear and the more time playing, the better.

the method you mention still isn't anything compared to people hex editing the bin to get insane attributes on low level gear and still participate in tournament pvp
  • Options
    yup you're right now i play on new plant vs zombies 2 more interesting the this ET2 each time update goes wrong and wrong again and repeat again i really bor for this life
  • Options
    the method you mention still isn't anything compared to people hex editing the bin to get insane attributes on low level gear and still participate in tournament pvp

This is what I was referring to in my last post, Chris, not the upgrading issue.
  • Options
    This is what I was referring to in my last post, Chris, not the upgrading issue.

Yes, yes I know that's the most important issue, but even the people who can't hex edit can still get around the system they're "trying" to put into place :P

It wasn't a big deal when they were our "teammates" in BR4, but when they're against us it's a HUGE deal if that's the direction the game is going. Even still there isn't much of a purpose to it..spend gems so you can get more gems..and 300 coins..cause you know..300 coins is so significant these days. And obviously all of us were hurting for gems. You could tell by the way we were "wasting" them on testing out different breaker configs.

All for nothing though as people just make even better gear with hacking.
  • Options
    there isn't too many people hacking their savegame.bins, but it's still a huge problem.
    I've only come accross 1 hacker who stripped me of rank #1, 3 hours before the 2nd tournament was over.

Btw you can still use iCloud like it was before without much trouble, if you're still pursuing your perfect mystery set/more dragon breakers.

Here's How:

1. Download & install "i-Funbox": http://www.i-funbox.com/

2. Connect your Device to the computer & open i-Funbox and go to the "iFunbox Classic" tab.

3. Click your Device in the sidebar on the left, double click "User Applications", and double click "ewarriors2".

4. In "ewarriors2" you will see the folder "Documents", inside this folder you will find "savegame.bin".

5. Right Click "savegame.bin" and choose "Copy to PC", Specify a path for your backup data.

6. Download Eternity Warriors 4.0.0 here: http://tinyurl.com/EW2-4-0-0

7. In i-FunBox, make sure your device is selected and click "Install App", and open "Warriors 2 4.0.0.ipa".

8. Once installed, drag your "savegame.bin" FROM YOUR PC, TO the "Documents" folder on your device.

9. Turn Airplane mode ON for your device, Run EW2 4.0.0. When you get to Main Menu, turn Airplane mode OFF.

10. Save your data to iCloud.

After these 10 steps you will be able to roll endlessly on Mystery Box and Upgrades with ease via Loading iCloud Data.
    You can update to 4.1.0 in app store whenever you want to.