Options

5th Tournament 06/09/2013

Kami ChaiKami Chai Registered Users 140 Posts
This thread is dedicated to 5th PvP Tournament.

TOP 10 warriors:
http://s22.postimg.org/5ssp1s1wh/image.jpg

You can post anything - your highest place on the ladder, things you like/dislike, your longest Streak, toughest opponent you fought, your weapon of choice, screens of any cheater you encounter and why you think they are cheating/hacking, or any feedback about this tournament or PvP in this game in general. You also may ask questions and seek advice regarding Tournament and PvP here, as well as providing your own findings and tips.

Below is a list of all previous tournament dedicated threads: **posts contain a lot of useful information about PvP**
4th Tournament 30/08/2013
3rd Tournament 22/08/2013
2nd Tournament
1st Tournament

Useful tips:
To take a screenshot on iPhone/iPad - press simultaneously lock screen/power and circle home buttons
To post a screen use this postimage.org page to upload your screen. When it's done copy Direct Link URL to forum post by clicking on picture icon or you can just provide it as direct link to your photo.
It is important to report cheaters/hackers. Do this by pressing Submit Ticket from menu at the top of this page. The more we express our concern the more likely/quicker that hacker will be removed from the game.
I'm God of Tea
Visit my YouTube Channel for Tournament PvP videos
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Hello everybody!
    It's a first day for another tournament!
    I love to play on a first day mainly because its my day off, but also there are many fights going on same as on the last day!

I've encounter same old Hacker. He uses lava axe and General's Spear as a weapon. The main problem with him is that he got insane amount of armour or HP, so you barely scratch him.

This Cheater with lava axe:
    image.jpg

My next fight with the same cheater and he uses spear now and changed some of his armour:
    image.jpg
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    IndiepwnIndiepwn Registered Users 62 Posts
    Hacker alert!
    IMG_0298.jpg
  • Options
    another one. didnt get him in the picture but here is his name. Uses pharaoh armor and green double axes. I got him one round so he can be beat.
    The guy I posted above you cannot damage at all.
    IMG_0299.jpg
  • Options
    Indiepwn wrote: »
    Hacker alert!
    IMG_0298.jpg

Yes, that is one of hackers with Chinese flag on the left side. I think he mainly farms points for another player in the top list! Very convenient for them - using hacked accounts to pass the battle points to their "main" playing accounts and knocking everyone off in the process!
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    Just won a game against [Felhador].
    It's my second time I'm fighting this guy today and both times when I beat him he just leaves the match!

Felhador, I'm sorry to say this, but you are an idiot. Please stop doing it. If you lost the match, please be a man and wait until "continue" button appears.

So it looks like this:
    image.jpg

And right after he died 2nd time on the screen above - he quits the game and you end up with this message:

image.jpg

But the funny thing is, if you don't press "Close" button and wait it will go as normal after battle - it will say that you are victorious and calculate your points and after you hear sound of opened chest to get your 300 gold you can press close button and your Victory will be counted. ^_^
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    JonWayneJonWayne Registered Users 459 Posts
    I'm only L66. Why do I have to fight those L75 8 out of 10 times?
  • Options
    OK, after complaining about having to fight L75, they gave me a L8. But seriously? A L8 using General Spear with a power rating of 9k?
    IMG_1580.png
  • Options
    JonWayne wrote: »
    I'm only L66. Why do I have to fight those L75 8 out of 10 times?

Hehe,

In this game LvL is not that important,
    I remember almost losing a match against lvl12 Breaker user at the last tournament. And he was really good, managed to finish in top 100 I think.
    You are matched with people of similar power rating and +-100 points range on the ladder. Your LvL contributes to your power rating, but it's not a dominant factor.
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    ronron Registered Users 889 Posts
  • Options
    ron wrote: »
    Hey Chai, and hello to everyone! My name is now displayed on the top rank for this week tournament :rolleyes:

Good job!
    Will monitor top 100 to see your progress ;)
    What gear are you using?
    Can help you with some advice if you finally taking Tournament seriously ^_^
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    osantoosanto Registered Users 4 Posts
    It's sad to wait opponent when u r top 10. Pvp should scramble opponents after very 10 fight with random player.
  • Options
    osanto wrote: »
    It's sad to wait opponent when u r top 10. Pvp should scramble opponents after very 10 fight with random player.

Hi Osanto!

You got to top 10?
    Can you tell us a little about yourself.
    What's your nick name, weapon you use?

Yea, some times you have to wait a little to get a match, but on China server you will find an opponent within 5-10min or so in top 10.
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    osantoosanto Registered Users 4 Posts
    I use mystery axe fire/ice enhanced, sometimes with Dragon Breaker. My gameid is secret for now :)
  • Options
    ChrisTotChrisTot Registered Users 394 Posts
    I can't decide what's better, the fact that due to hackers it's impossible to get the new helm or the fact that even if I did get the new helm..the 42 added ice/fire stats would be completely insignificant as it doesn't "perfect" any kind of setup if you grind it out. I suppose having this would allow 42 more points of leniency for the impatient who only wanted to get their stats to 3100+ each?..

I'm glad that I literally haven't missed ANYTHING due to my iOS 7 since I've been away. Maybe by the 10th they'll have added a new reason to play other than just pvp practice.
  • Options
    Kami Chai wrote: »
    Hehe,

In this game LvL is not that important,
    I remember almost losing a match against lvl12 Breaker user at the last tournament. And he was really good, managed to finish in top 100 I think.
    You are matched with people of similar power rating and +-100 points range on the ladder. Your LvL contributes to your power rating, but it's not a dominant factor.

Believe me, ALL of them have higher rating than me.
  • Options
    JonWayne wrote: »
    Believe me, ALL of them have higher rating than me.

And that means you got better skill then some. I often see players in top 50 with Dragon Bane and in Devils set. To get there they had to fight players with much higher ratings.

Btw for PvP you don't need any perfect stats on your armour as your defence will stay the same with every enchantment.
    In theory the lower your elemental resistances on armour the better, as it will give you lower power rating. And I got a suspicion that you lose less points or win more points not only based on the score difference between you and your enemy, but also if your enemy had higher or lower power rating than you!
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    ChrisTot wrote: »
    I can't decide what's better, the fact that due to hackers it's impossible to get the new helm or the fact that even if I did get the new helm..the 42 added ice/fire stats would be completely insignificant as it doesn't "perfect" any kind of setup if you grind it out. I suppose having this would allow 42 more points of leniency for the impatient who only wanted to get their stats to 3100+ each?..

I'm glad that I literally haven't missed ANYTHING due to my iOS 7 since I've been away. Maybe by the 10th they'll have added a new reason to play other than just pvp practice.

To become Number One in Tournament - to be #1 in the World, as this is a global PvP event. So it's a great reward on its own and to prove you had achieve that is this helmet. In terms of bonuses it's just a good universal helmet, nothing special.
    Let's just hope they will deal with hacking issue, so it will be possible for us, normal players to claim this title!
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    EEMarc400EEMarc400 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hi. This is my first tournament. I'd like to know whyI'm paired in battle with players having 5 to 10 times my power ranking? I'm at. 1000 points and facing opponents who have 8000 points. Needless to say I die with one or two hits.

Thanks for replying.
  • Options
    ronron Registered Users 889 Posts
    EEMarc400 wrote: »
    Hi. This is my first tournament. I'd like to know whyI'm paired in battle with players having 5 to 10 times my power ranking? I'm at. 1000 points and facing opponents who have 8000 points. Needless to say I die with one or two hits.

Thanks for replying.

This is one of the reason you shouldn't take PVP seriously. There are many reasons, take a look at the post of lauapik on the 4th tournament post.
  • Options
    T4underboltT4underbolt Registered Users 54 Posts
    excuse me but why everyone including people that inform glu about players suggestions ignoring this thread?
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?43686-unfair-treatment-for-players-with-rooted-devices

This is unfair that I can't play tournament just because I wanted to have better performance. It's a unequal treatment towards players.
    LVL: 71 | Title: Dragon Lord | Weapon: Dragon Breakers | Helmet: Wyrm Slayer's Helm | Shoulder: General's Shoulder | Belt: General's Belt | Armpiece: General's Armpiece | Leggins: General's Leggins
  • Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    This is strongest player i was defeated
    2cz3p7n.jpg
  • Options
    EEMarc400 wrote: »

Thanks for replying.

Because of your points.
    For example:
    you got 500 points and 1000 power rating. 2 payers are queuing up one with 570 points and 7000 power rating and another with 450 points and 800 power rating. You will be fighting with the one with lower power score. But if the guy with 800 power wasn't available - your enemy would be the one with 7000 power.
    Think about PvP as end game content. It's available for anybody, but to be truly good and stand a chance in top 100 you need fully upgraded gear.
    If you like to take part in Tournaments with your battle rating, I would recommend, setting personal goals. Learn game mechanics and new tricks from battles and your apponents.
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    excuse me but why everyone including people that inform glu about players suggestions ignoring this thread?
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?43686-unfair-treatment-for-players-with-rooted-devices

This is unfair that I can't play tournament just because I wanted to have better performance. It's a unequal treatment towards players.

Hello Thunderbolt,
    I have seen your post.
    In my personal opinion if I was a Game Developer I would have done the same thing. It's hard as it is with hackers around, but if you start allowing devices with custom OS like "rooting for Android" and "Jailbreak for iOS" to play the game there is no telling how bad the game experience for everybody will become... Thinking that every second might be a cheater/hacker - I would be the first to quit the game.

But that's just my personal opinion ^_^
    I left you a message in your thread mate.
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    Imrulkz wrote: »
    This is strongest player i was defeated

Hahaha, I know that ghostly guy, was fighting many battles with him in 3rd and 4th tournament. You can often see him in top 100 or 50! And I agree he is strong and resourceful player! Good job defeating him!
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    ImrulkzImrulkz Registered Users 677 Posts
    Kami Chai wrote: »
    Hahaha, I know that ghostly guy, was fighting many battles with him in 3rd and 4th tournament. You can often see him in top 100 or 50! And I agree he is strong and resourceful player! Good job defeating him!

Thanks chai for your support :)
  • Options
    A little update on how I'm doing in this tournament up to now.
    I have started on a first day with 2 defeats LoL. Then I won one and lost 2 more. Hehe, and this were genuine defeats. But, in a way, it's good to start with lower points as you can build a momentum and shoot right to the top with high win streak, and that exactly what I did.
    With 400 points I secured 8th place in the first day with 10 victories. And was doing 1 battle now and then to stay around top 10. My last victory was against Eunice323. You just can't afford any mistakes with this guy, as he is brilliant combatant! When I fight him or especially __+y0ng+__ I know if I make even one mistake - it's over.

Here is a screen of my latest battle:

image.jpg

PS -
    Later I will write about latest trends, tactics and combat skills I've noticed, as people are constantly changing and adapting.
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    T4underboltT4underbolt Registered Users 54 Posts
    Sorry but it's pointless. I see at every step that someone is reporting other players because they're cheating.So anyway rooted or not there are cheaters in game and stoping possibility to play from rooted devices just make people less in tournaments. Why should I have to go back to shitty original android system on my phone and getting disadvantage in battle because of lags etc.Its unfair. Guy with best phone will win for sure because the other guy with worse phone will get lagged hard. I dont understand glu's movement. They have no money from people who buy smartphones as well as they have no money anymore from many people who have custom software because they cant play the game.Sorry but this sucks. I think its just matter of good solution and I will hack in the game so it wont stop me from playing with rooted device but why should I waste time?Because game producent is a bit dumb and dont understand cheaters are gonna cheat anyway?There should be great anti cheat system that cant be done because this is smartphone game and it would lag so hard online with anti cheat we wouldnt be able to play. I dont like doing shit like this because it takes time and is uncomfortable but I wont give them satisfaction.You will see me on tournament maybe not this one but you will and im gonna play from rooted device anyway.I like my software because its uber fast and I want to play ew2 tournament on it.
    LVL: 71 | Title: Dragon Lord | Weapon: Dragon Breakers | Helmet: Wyrm Slayer's Helm | Shoulder: General's Shoulder | Belt: General's Belt | Armpiece: General's Armpiece | Leggins: General's Leggins
  • Options
    Oki some updates on latest trends in PvP, as promised.

Now, it seems you can find more and more people choosing Gold headpiece and Mystery Helm over Helm of endurance.
    All 3 of this headgear provide good bonuses and choosing one is usually down to your playing style. In my opinion Endurance is a better choice for me as I can adapt my play style depending if I got rage or not. But if I were to play with Dragon Breaker, my choice would be Gold headpiece, as pool of rage is crucial for survival.

Now about new tricks that people started to use from the end of 3rd Tournament.
    Most of you already know by now, that the Ground Smash's bleeding damage is deadly and in most cases will guarantee you a victory/defeat. So players do what ever they can not to get hit by this attack. As we know easiest choice is to "Roll". But there are other methods. Some stages of skills make us invulnerable to any damage.
    Like Ground smash itself - while executing ground smash you are untouchable.
    So new trick is to use Charge skill to avoid getting hit by Ground smash. It works like this - as your enemy successfully executed 2nd stage of dash skill you starting to charge, as they Ground smash you - you let go. It does not matter how long you charged, you still will suffer no damage. In combat it might look as enemy pressed charge skill by accident while on the run, but I reality it's a well calculated move that more and more people starting to use.
    Me personally, I don't like using it, but as a result I sometimes find myself in situations were I'm out of stamina and have to resort to using dash as an escape plan from Ground smash ^_^

That's all for now.
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    Oh!
    Just fought with one of the best Dragon Breaker user cymrc, who switched to Mystery Axe.
    He got me 1st round, but poor guy disconnected in second! Sorry about that mate, I promise not to waist your points from this fight.

image.jpg

This brings my streak to a new record - 18 battles.
    I'm God of Tea
  • Options
    I've noticed the streaks really don't matter since a simple restore will put you at the last streak you had.
    I discovered this when I restored to iCloud. It takes you back to whatever streak you saved to it.
    Tested it with I-funbox as well. So if one chose to they could restore to highest streak. if they win they can save it and keep building. If they lose they restore and will be back to the same streak.
    Kind of dumb for them to store that data locally instead of the server.