Options

Forum admin picked player forum admins.

Comments

• Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    mohican wrote: »
    We have some really funny people on this forum :L .
    But yes some very good candidates for admin would be jonwayne, christot and eternitywarrior. All ew2 regulars as well and the first few to complete ew3 when it came out, contributing much to the forum community with relevant and extremely helpful posts and threads.

also would be good to have admins from each device os (android, ios, mac, kindle users.)

Not really, EternityWarrior started a petition against Glu's hackers.......his history is now dirty.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    SaabotSaabot Registered Users 88 Posts
    Demonic wrote: »
    Its a place where you nominate genuine forums users for admin roles.

You don't nominate yourself first of all >.>

And yeah it helps people behave, seen it work on other forums, though it wont have much effect with the amount of hackers at the moment.

And saabot, you gotta have a clean history. Very few players have that.

Also gluadmin, thank you for cracking down on the threads.

Lol demonic
    Clean up your own backyard it was condemend a long time ago
    This changes nothing
    Dont need a title to help someone
    Dont have to ever like you lol
    I've done way more than monitor a playground at recess

Post script, no offense to the admins this is solely directed at demonic who couldn't keep his mouth shut if it was duchy taped
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    Okay, now this thread is devolving into personal attacks... can we please get it back on track?
  • Options
    SchismSchism Registered Users 18 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Let's get some community nominations started! Ideal person will have/can do the following:

- A clean history of no flaming, trolling, Glu-bashing, etc.
    - Supportive of other players, helpful and patient with new folks
    - Been a member for over a month and has over 50 posts
    - Will be able to be impartial (no Guild cronyism)
    - Will uphold and act on all forum rules (http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?110-Glu-Forum-Rules)

Remember- with great power comes great responsibility.

Lol, No Glu Bashing!

Truthfully, if you chose someone that didnt bash glu at least one, I doubt that person would be respected by anyone. Glu has failed the community on multiple occasions and almost everyone who bashes glu is justified in doing so. I understand promoting someone who isnt "out to get glu" and I also understand that once a person becomes a mod, they shouldn't bash glu because they are working under their authority. But promoting someone who has never bashed glu basically means promoting who kisses glu's butt. AKA someone who just wants power.

I'm not trying to become a mod, nor do I want to, just want to point out that I would not trust any mod that fit that catagory
  • Options
    DemonicDemonic Registered Users 167 Posts
    Saabot wrote: »
    Lol demonic
    Clean up your own backyard it was condemend a long time ago
    This changes nothing
    Dont need a title to help someone
    Dont have to ever like you lol
    I've done way more than monitor a playground at recess

Post script, no offense to the admins this is solely directed at demonic who couldn't keep his mouth shut if it was duchy taped

I know im never gonna become a admin, stated that first post.
    You posted on my thread and you expect me not to reply?
    And i was quite polite about it saabot.
    You are now ignored.
    Demonic666
  • Options
    ComarComar Registered Users 65 Posts
    mohican wrote: »
    We have some really funny people on this forum :L .
    But yes some very good candidates for admin would be jonwayne, christot and eternitywarrior. All ew2 regulars as well and the first few to complete ew3 when it came out, contributing much to the forum community with relevant and extremely helpful posts and threads.

also would be good to have admins from each device os (android, ios, mac, kindle users.)

Don't know if I would say funny, per se.

Bottom line, the game has seen some rough patches, and that has shown the true colors of some of those community players that have been nominated or self-nominated.

The characteristic of a leader isn't that they need to be a disconnected from the issues, but they sure don't need to feed the emotional storms of those issues. A true leader keeps their composure, and exhibits high emotional intelligence (google if you don't know what that means). That is lacking in this community, because in the end, people are taking the issues too personal.

Arguing and name calling and urging or cussing at Glu to take action, that's not constructive. Gathering the ideas of others, making sure that it puts the game on the right course for everyone--other than themselves--requires the type of selfless character needed.

If you wouldn't trust someone because they don't take to this forum and bash Glu...that shows a serious lack a maturity. That is this community's biggest challenge.
  • Options
    Usually, the more replies you have, the more active you are on forums. I'm on all the time, and even do this when im at school if i don't get caught. Of course, since my history is a train wreck, i can't become an admin, but it's people who are as active as me they want to look for.

And Ultra, I feel obligated to urge you to focus on your school studies. As someone that would be a future generation, unless you want to be making my lunches for a living, take your studies seriously. You don't get to redo this part of your life. Plus, some of your posts aren't helping... :P
  • Options
    Schism wrote: »
    Lol, No Glu Bashing!

Truthfully, if you chose someone that didnt bash glu at least one, I doubt that person would be respected by anyone. Glu has failed the community on multiple occasions and almost everyone who bashes glu is justified in doing so. I understand promoting someone who isnt "out to get glu" and I also understand that once a person becomes a mod, they shouldn't bash glu because they are working under their authority. But promoting someone who has never bashed glu basically means promoting who kisses glu's butt. AKA someone who just wants power.

I'm not trying to become a mod, nor do I want to, just want to point out that I would not trust any mod that fit that catagory

AMEN BABY
    Dead center hit
  • Options
    Finally?
    Wow
    I can get some peace and quiet!

Thank you

Edit to add:this was supposed to have demonics quote in it
    Never thought I would thank D for anything but...
    THANK YOU
  • Options
    DeftrukDeftruk Registered Users 3 Posts
    I nominate
    Deftruk :)
  • Options
    Deftruk wrote: »
    I nominate
    Deftruk :)

You have to have been a member for a month and have had 50 posts.
  • Options
    DeftrukDeftruk Registered Users 3 Posts
    Ik I only have 1 post
  • Options
    Big SageBig Sage Registered Users 317 Posts
    Clean history here ^_^
    -Sagelz
  • Options
    I'm trying to not swear in forums anymore, even though im ****ed that this is starting to become a p2w game.
  • Options
    SoFuQSoFuQ Registered Users 20 Posts
    How cool would this be, I would pride myself on being the dirtiest admin to ever administrate a game.
    • Direct line into the programmers (who can probably be bought)
    • Being able to kick Sabbot at any given time for her annoying woman ramblings
    • Banning Moolch… just because… 
    • Spreading false update rumors
    • Instigating forum riots

Yeah, I’m throwing my name on the ballot, sign me up….
  • Options
    SoFuQ wrote: »
    How cool would this be, I would pride myself on being the dirtiest admin to ever administrate a game.

Ban Saabot? What?

You mean I'm no longer the most hated person in this forums?

I gotta go flame somebody now, this is bs!:)
  • Options
    SoFuQ wrote: »

TBH, this actually made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that.
  • Options
    Ban Saabot? What?

You mean I'm no longer the most hated person in this forums?

I gotta go flame somebody now, this is bs!:)

You started using your powers for good and actually helping people; that means the hate quotient goes down. :)
  • Options
    You started using your powers for good and actually helping people; that means the hate quotient goes down. :)

Oh. So this is what it's like to not have enemies.

Feels kind of good.
  • Options
    Oh. So this is what it's like to not have enemies.

Feels kind of good.

Based on some of your n00b rage posts, I'm sure you still have enemies. There just may be fewer of them. :D
  • Options
    Based on some of your n00b rage posts, I'm sure you still have enemies. There just may be fewer of them. :D

Idc, lol.

They were making false accusations, and were ****ing me off.

Never thought I'd say this, but thank you for closing threads. I appreciate it.
  • Options
    Never thought I'd say this, but thank you for closing threads. I appreciate it.

LOL and that's ^ something I never thought I'd read. So it's warm fuzzies for all of us. :D
  • Options
    Freddy406Freddy406 Registered Users 260 Posts
    If u are talking about the thread that I started and you closed, I agree with Scept too lol
    You should do this more often when people start ****ing us off with their comments ;)
  • Options
    Che@tTeamChe@tTeam Banned Users 18 Posts

Now this is BS. This MF is swearing and complaining all day everyday on these forums.
  • Options
    Che@tTeam wrote: »
    Now this is BS. This MF is swearing and complaining all day everyday on these forums.

He's not saying Ultra is a moderator...no one would make him a moderator. He can't even moderate himself :D
    (I'm not trolling him, so don't get excited 1llusion)
  • Options
    Comar wrote: »
    He's not saying Ultra is a moderator...no one would make him a moderator. He can't even moderate himself :D
    (I'm not trolling him, so don't get excited 1llusion)

I can moderate myself.

If i get made an admin, i would abuse the living **** out of that power. lol.
  • Options

I don't complain.

And i only swear if someone attacks me or my friends. I have a strong sense of loyalty to them.

I stopped cussing out Glu for a while though. It gets old, and nothing is being done. And my ring finger is still sore from holding the "shift" button when i did caps spam.

So shut up.
  • Options
    DemonicDemonic Registered Users 167 Posts

And you got banned, so can you really talk?.
    Demonic666
  • Options
    ronron Registered Users 889 Posts
    Let's get some community nominations started! Ideal person will have/can do the following:

- A clean history of no flaming, trolling, Glu-bashing, etc.
    - Supportive of other players, helpful and patient with new folks
    - Been a member for over a month and has over 50 posts
    - Will be able to be impartial (no Guild cronyism)
    - Will uphold and act on all forum rules (http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?110-Glu-Forum-Rules)

Remember- with great power comes great responsibility.

Spider man? ;)

If you can recall I am an active EW2 member before I lost my appetite of answering repetitive EW2 questions. And kush snipes already message me about being a moderator when I was an active EW2 member.

Btw will moderators will get paid? Is being a moderator is like working and getting paid as freelancer?
  • Options
    ron wrote: »
    Spider man? ;)

If you can recall I am an active EW2 member before I lost my appetite of answering repetitive EW2 questions. And kush snipes already message me about being a moderator when I was an active EW2 member.

Btw will moderators will get paid? Is being a moderator is like working and getting paid as freelancer?

Community moderators are entirely volunteers. It works best for those who are already answering lots of questions and want the title/acknowledgement.