Options

Warrior Block cancel

VoidBladerVoidBlader Registered Users 255 Posts
Make it fair for warrior.

Mage and Monk can cancel their other skill attack to teleport or dodge, but Warrior can't do it.
And when he miss use his skill, he have to be the only one that take all the damage with out any way to stop his skill or save himself.

I have 2 Suggestions

#1 All 3 can do the same
Let Warrior be able to cancel his other skill to parry, like other.

#2 All 3 can't do it
Make it so mage and monk cant teleport or dodge, while using other skill. So they have to be careful when using skill, because it wont be save anymore when it miss.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    RentocRentoc Registered Users 286 Posts
    Void. Your awesome. We all know it. So i dont get this more whining about balancing from you. Your better than this. Warrior is perfect just the way he is. You have a damaging skill that you can just spam alllll day long, its called parry. Warrior is killer against monk if you know what to look for, you can parry the vortex or anything he throws at you if your good enough. Ive seen it and been the victim of it.

Against my mage i am seeing more and more warriors giving my mage a very hard time. Freeze is all but useless now as long as your rush isn't on cool down. I can only cancel out of my laser beam so big whoopdy do. The only reason i would use laser is if a warrior is silly enough to get frozen in whirlwind.

All of the classes have something they wish were more powerful or tweaked. The balancing is fine the way it is. I am playing all the classes in pvp now just to see what its really like. And they all have their benefits and weaknesses. Just the way it should be.
  • Options
    Rentoc wrote: »
    Void. Your awesome. We all know it. So i dont get this more whining about balancing from you. Your better than this. Warrior is perfect just the way he is. You have a damaging skill that you can just spam alllll day long, its called parry. Warrior is killer against monk if you know what to look for, you can parry the vortex or anything he throws at you if your good enough. Ive seen it and been the victim of it.

Against my mage i am seeing more and more warriors giving my mage a very hard time. Freeze is all but useless now as long as your rush isn't on cool down. I can only cancel out of my laser beam so big whoopdy do. The only reason i would use laser is if a warrior is silly enough to get frozen in whirlwind.

All of the classes have something they wish were more powerful or tweaked. The balancing is fine the way it is. I am playing all the classes in pvp now just to see what its really like. And they all have their benefits and weaknesses. Just the way it should be.

I'm ok with vs mage, as long as they dont lag.

I have fight alot of monk and im doing ok, if the * dont lag so bad.
    Still the thing is, if monk just using Vortex and dodge, warrior parry would mean nothing to them. Parry only stop your enemy if it parry basis attack, not skill or monk's jump kick.

With good player, warrior has almost no chance to hit them, even parry is doing nothing. They can spam what ever they want and press dodge when they seeing they skill been parry.

Im not asking for a better attack. Since if it not so lag, rush them down is still possible. But when you think how safe monk attack is, or just 1 hit stun and then they kill you, it is very unfare.

I hit them many time, parry many attack, just to lose with 1 hit that stun you. How is it even fair?

They shouldn't be the only one that safely spam their skill and never get punish for it.
  • Options
    They all may have their benefits and weaknesses. But if those benefits mean almost nothing to the enemy, something should be done.

It like you are sending a gunman to fight a ghost. Then saying the gunman already has great range, and ignor the fact that ghost wont be shot.

benefits and weaknesses is not equal to fairness.

Timing + mind game + risk + alot of effort =/= 1 hit stun win + no risk
  • Options
    Yeah the lag may be the main problem here. I usually have very little lag with those i fight. Every time a warrior parries any attack of mine i wail on that dodge button and it wont work because im being hit. Even got caught in whirlwind and was beating on it. Nothing. Just watched as my health disappeared. Ive also tried the stun, fists, varju combo and warrior usually always parries out of it or it doesnt do much damage. Dunno if its because im only at 10.8gs, although that shouldnt matter for damage, ive got full galactic gaunts. But also like ive said i only just started playing as monk so ive probably got some learnin to do.
  • Options
    HootersHooters Registered Users 21 Posts
    lol screw that!!! Block needs a nerf. It should have a Cooldown just like monk and mage. It should cost Energy!!! It shouldn't make u immune to further attacks while your doing your retaliate.
    No other class can show up and spam a skill with a half second cd that costs 0 energy and does a ton of dmg.
    Honestly. If u were good enough to block every attack (which is possible) u are unbeatable.
  • Options
    Hooters wrote: »
    lol screw that!!! Block needs a nerf. It should have a Cooldown just like monk and mage. It should cost Energy!!! It shouldn't make u immune to further attacks while your doing your retaliate.
    No other class can show up and spam a skill with a half second cd that costs 0 energy and does a ton of dmg.
    Honestly. If u were good enough to block every attack (which is possible) u are unbeatable.

Then should teleport and dodge only work when you time it right, and you would get hit if you miss the timing? If so then I don't mind other class cost 0 mp.
  • Options
    griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    I like to parry the opponents parry back and forth lol it's like a volleyball match! Good times!!
  • Options
    Dodge and teleport both have cooldowns cant be spammed and cost energy. I'd be happy if block had either a 2 second cd or energy cost. Its simply too powerful to be a no cost spamfest.
  • Options
    Also if I miss my teleport im most likely getting knocked down and pummeled. Warriors are Incredibly hard to knock down.
    Way high damage for a tank class

I'm full godly plus Nightfire.
  • Options
    Warrior can't get close to mage, if parry has cool down.
    so let your teleport have no cool down and cost 0 mp, but only work if you time it right.
    If that can happen, hope to see you show some timing skill, not lag skill.
  • Options
    griml0ckgriml0ck Registered Users 229 Posts
    Mah, everybody is going to complain about the class that gives them fits. For me it’s mage – but I don’t rant and rave, instead I learn and adapt. I don’t know what you are doing wrong, but the good mages absolutely OWN my 12.6k GS warrior.
  • Options
    Sure id give up my ability to teleport on command for a teleport that must be timed if it came with no cd, no energy, reduced all dmg by 50%, and does immense return dmg. Oh and 1-3 seconds of invulnerability.

I watch warriors intentionally stand in my orb just to trigger block. Not many pull it off but the simple fact that some do is crazy. I actually give them props lol thats impressive ****.
  • Options
    Hooters wrote: »
    Sure id give up my ability to teleport on command for a teleport that must be timed if it came with no cd, no energy, reduced all dmg by 50%, and does immense return dmg. Oh and 1-3 seconds of invulnerability.

I watch warriors intentionally stand in my orb just to trigger block. Not many pull it off but the simple fact that some do is crazy. I actually give them props lol thats impressive ****.

You still want more buff than parry while your teleport freeze other? Clearly you are not looking for a fair fight you just want an easy win.

Your are just bad at mage, but try to get an easy win from good warrior? Its not gonna be easy with out lag.
  • Options
    Dont want an easy win just a good fight. I spend more time chasing runners than anything. I just think block is already OP for obvious reasons.
  • Options
    rewandrewand Registered Users 588 Posts
    VoidBlader wrote: »
    Make it fair for warrior.

Mage and Monk can cancel their other skill attack to teleport or dodge, but Warrior can't do it.
    And when he miss use his skill, he have to be the only one that take all the damage with out any way to stop his skill or save himself.

I have 2 Suggestions

#1 All 3 can do the same
    Let Warrior be able to cancel his other skill to parry, like other.

#2 All 3 can't do it
    Make it so mage and monk cant teleport or dodge, while using other skill. So they have to be careful when using skill, because it wont be save anymore when it miss.

Poor logic. Just because the other two can do something doesn't mean fairness dictates all should do it.

Mage and Warrior defense does damage Monk does not.
    Monk and Warrior main attack can hit behind them, Mage is directional
    Monk and Warrior can use dodge or dash to get out of a Mage's ice freeze. Mage is stuck frozen
    Monk and Warrior can move while attacking Mage can not
    Mage and Warrior have one straight-line attack and one AOE attack. Monk has two AOE attacks.
  • Options
    UltraSceptileUltraSceptile Registered Users 1,969 Posts
    Warrior has no AOE attack.

Monk doesn't need to damage with his defensive skill. There's this one guy I've fought like four times. The names Alem. He likes to run up, vortex right when I dash, and then freeze me. He then fists me and then uses vaj ra to kill me off. Then he runs RIGHT THROUGH ME for the next minute. And then I lose.

Most fights when I face monk I just become careless and don't give a ****. Cuz I'm going to lose anyway.
    UltraSceptile~Forums King.
  • Options
    eternalwarrioreternalwarrior Registered Users 11 Posts
    I would be nice if parry had a 1 second cooldown and could be used while doing some other skill. Also I would like to say parry takes some mana, maybe you didnt noticed it, but it is just very low mana cost. 5% of total maybe. The parry, ice blink, monks dash should be equal because they are actually more important than the other ones.
  • Options
    As long as you don't count the huge 360 degree sword swing, the in-line dash, the whirlwind attack or the parry tsunami then you are right. No AOE attack.
  • Options
    I would be nice if parry had a 1 second cooldown and could be used while doing some other skill. Also I would like to say parry takes some mana, maybe you didnt noticed it, but it is just very low mana cost. 5% of total maybe. The parry, ice blink, monks dash should be equal because they are actually more important than the other ones.

How does importance of a skill dictate how much mana it should require. Perhaps it's important because it requires little mana. If whirlwind and Rage of the Va'jra were free would they then be the most important?
  • Options
    yeah rewand summed it up pretty well. Everything a warrior does is an aoe attack lol. AND he can control its direction. The aoe attacks for the other classes are completely stationary. Pretty easy to anticipate and just ummmmm.....move away from o.O

Why dont we just give everyone the same run speed, no cooldowns at all, unlimited mana. Now that should make everyone happy. Eh prolly not lol.
  • Options
    Why dont we just give everyone the same run speed, no cooldowns at all, unlimited mana. Now that should make everyone happy. Eh prolly not lol.

Yea! PvP == God mode == boring. What's the saying? "when everyone is Incredible then no one will be Incredible"...
  • Options
    Do you people know the word fair?

Are you comparing Dash's area of effect with Eruption? Witch one got better range and safer to use?
    How do you think we kill other warrior? We make them miss their timing. Mage should try faking attack and then cancel to eruption. And dont just make every attack hit warrior, that easy parry. And even when you trade eruption with dash, you wont get knock down, also when his dash is on cooldown, you can freeze him, and he will go no where.

What do you think it fair about monk skill combo and 1 vortex stun kill you.
    If you are not stun or knock down, Whirlwind are easily dodge and teleport away, nothing compare to rage of Va'jra. if you miss even one parry on that, you will be knock down and kill with the follow up. And even when you successfully parry it all, you got nothing.
    And running jump kick of monk is the same, even when you can parry that, you will do just 1~3 damage, and it also take no MP.

Monk has the safest move set of 3 heroes. What fair in that?
  • Options
    If you need parry to have cooldown, I agree, but only when miss. Or he would just die from running away mage with Lightning orb. If he can't parry the next lightning, that easy kill for mage. Also Rage of Va'jra would last longer and warrior would get knock down and kill. Or any one could use any skill that wont get knock down, take the parry damage, still in full controll, then knock him down with the next skill attack.

So, Cooldown on miss parry, but no cooldownon successful parry.

Also to be fair, Other class shouldn't be able to dodge or teleport, while using other skill attack. You mess up, you should die, same for all.
  • Options
    yeah rewand summed it up pretty well. Everything a warrior does is an aoe attack lol. AND he can control its direction. The aoe attacks for the other classes are completely stationary. Pretty easy to anticipate and just ummmmm.....move away from o.O

Lol, Whirlwind is easy to run away from....

Whirlwind has no AOE attack. You gotta hit the opponent in the face with WW in order to stun and deal damage.

Blade barrage is slow and easy to avoid.

Dash is extremely glitch.

Parry is fickle and can cost you the match if it's laggy or if the button is unresponsive.
  • Options
    Thank you for setting the record straight Void.
  • Options

Whirlwind has no AOE attack. You gotta hit the opponent in the face with WW in order to stun and deal damage.

Parry is fickle and can cost you the match if it's laggy or if the button is unresponsive.

And how does the requirement to hit make this not an AOE attack? It covers a large circular section around the warrior. Yea, it may have a disadvantage but the warrior can MOVE. Can you imagine the mage lightning ball moving as she runs around!? Take a break, meditate...repeat every day "I can see the glass half full"...
  • Options

ok. Now im just plain confused. Every single thing you have said about warrior here is stating how terrible you think his skills are. Why exactly would you continue playing a class you feel is inferior. I stopped playing mage when freeze became useless. And tons of warriors i fight seem to be doing just fine with all the handicaps you think warrior has. They kick my àss just fine lol.
  • Options
    ok. Now im just plain confused. Every single thing you have said about warrior here is stating how terrible you think his skills are. Why exactly would you continue playing a class you feel is inferior. I stopped playing mage when freeze became useless. And tons of warriors i fight seem to be doing just fine with all the handicaps you think warrior has. They kick my àss just fine lol.

Against non hit and run monk, I win half the time.

Against laggy Mage I lose all the time.

Against non laggy warrior I win all the time.

Warrior IMO keeps you on your toes. Fun class to play. And he's my best character.
  • Options
    IndiepwnIndiepwn Registered Users 62 Posts
    I think the answer is to have all three classes play in each match. You get one life with each character. It truly rewards the top GS players and makes the playing field level for all. No need to change anything. I know some people who only have one character maxed will be ****ed but it truly rewards those who have played longer or spent more money (glu will like this). If you don't like it max out your other players.
    A nice gesture form glu if they did this would be to let characters share gears. So you could send a godly piece of gear you got worth your Mage to your monk. He would still have to meet the level requirements to use it.
  • Options
    I hate the three characters in one match deal.

Some people with one character maxed? More like 99% of the player base that doesn't consist of newbies.

Do you have any idea how long raising one character up takes? Months. And I actually have three decent good characters (I have a total 34000 gs), but I still hate this idea. PvP should be skill based, not p2w. And it already is p2w now with the ticket system. No need to make it worse.