Check Connection and Group Goals

She1tieShe1tie Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
Is anyone else plagued by this problem? It’s becoming increasingly difficult to do Group Goals due to this message constantly appearing.
Prev13

Comments

• Julz81Julz81 Registered Users 23 Posts
    Hi guys,

Anyone else having this issue???? I’ve put a ticket in hoping it’s fixed soon but won’t hold my breath.

Julz81 <3
    Update: This has been fixed on my game :)
  • SupremeFettucineSupremeFettucine Registered Users 443 Posts
    Just started having the dreaded Connection Error on my game. Was fine a few hours ago!

Sorry friends, esp the ones I clicked on to join and probably DID join, but my app shows no active goals. It has been my experience, though, that later I'll be told I failed to complete something. 😩

- SuFe718
  • DolisDolis Registered Users 28 Posts
    edited February 2018
    I am having this issue for a past few days,and it is still gowing on.Do you know anyone if this could be connected to one of player in friend group or it is general game glitch.Customer support is saying usual-to check my wifi,etc..
    Super enoying is when you got message that your friend completed goal and it does not actually count .
    edited February 2018
    Dolis said:
    I am having this issue for a past few days,and it is still gowing on.Do you know anyone if this could be connected to one of player in friend group or it is general game glitch.Customer support is saying usual-to check my wifi,etc.. Super enoying is when you got message that your friend completed goal and it does not actually count .
    I think it is happening on Glu's end, regardless of what Support says. It occurs intermittently despite no changes to my device or wifi. I don't think it is connected to specific Friends. 

It has has been happening on and off for me as well for the past several days. Very frustrating! I've missed creating/completing a number of GGs bc of it. The only goals I can always do right now are Gordon's. 

- SuFe718
  • DolisDolis Registered Users 28 Posts
    Thanks SupremeFetucine.That's what I thought.
  • TschunteTschunte Registered Users 14 Posts
    having the same problem 😠always get the connection error when try to join group goals. frustrating...
    Julz81 said:

Update: This has been fixed on my game :)

To clarify I meant I’m able to do group goals , the stupid error still comes up though

• Alisha1980Alisha1980 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Are you having issues with completing goals using gold?
  • LeebraLeebra Registered Users 37 Posts
    Takes gold all the time without completing the goal, you would think there would be some kind of completion  check before deducting the gold
    It’s getting worse some days I can do them ( in between the error messages) today I could do one. Last night none. Really frustrating!!!!!!
    Very erratic for me as well. One hour it's perfectly fine but then goals will be unavailable for the rest of the day. No apparent reason; there isn't any special event atm. 

- SuFe718
  • tamgramtamgram Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    This happens to me off and on. I have extremely fast high speed and I've done speed tests when the error pops up so I KNOW the problem isn't on my end. I put in a support ticket and they gave me the usual blah blah that it's my internet. I was in a waiting room yesterday and their internet was so poor that I couldn't play some of my other games but oddly enough, I had no problem playing the goals. This proves to me that the problem is on their end. Maybe they need to upgrade their servers?
  • graceyrxgraceyrx Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I’ve been getting this issue for a week or so now, it’s driving me mad. My internet is fine and and I have done all of the usual turn it on & off etc. Any one know how to fix this? 
  • Alisha1980Alisha1980 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    It's the game.... I've been told they're aware of the issue and are working on it!!
  • SisterbearSisterbear Registered Users 113 Posts
    This problem has been on and off for me as well. I had a good week of being able to complete goals and then I haven't been able to since. I knows 4 of my personal friends are having the same problem. Customer care over 2 months ago said they were fixing it and this week they said they are still working on it. Previously I had been able to delete friends and my goals would come back, not this time. I hope they can fix the goals or maybe just remove them and bring them back whe fixed.
  • SpokittySpokitty Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    edited February 2018
    I have just started playing this game and I love it except i can't duel. Nothing wrong with my internet. I have tried many, many times to duel but it won't work. What to do? 
    Spokitty said:
    I have just started playing this game and I love it except i can't duel. Nothing wrong with my internet. I have tried many, many times to duel but it won't work. What to do? 
    I will try to help but need more info! 🙂

What happens when you try? Is there an error message? Can you open the dueling area but just cannot initiate duels? 

- SuFe718
  • ramsaysballsramsaysballs Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    When I try to start the game it says connection  failed and will not load.  I have lost gifts and wishelin stars and my game is hurting.  It's not my internet connection 
    I can rarely play group goals. Some days it's fine but most days I get the connection error and can't play. I contacted customer support and they are aware of the problem and said it's their top priority to fix. I've spent a lot of money on this game but until it's fixed, I won't spend a dime more. I love this game so I hope they fix it.
  • AmyYepAmyYep Registered Users 60 Posts
    Yes, the dreaded glitch/bug has returned! Just when I returned! If it's me the game is allergic to, just tell me and I will send Claritin for the game or wear a plastic suit when I play! Laugh at this or cry myself to sleep!😎
  • ChefWreckChefWreck Registered Users 54 Posts
    Except for Gordon's and it's usually a goal for a restaurant I haven't opened yet.
    Yesterday and the day before I had goals for a couple hours but none at all today, and this is obviously not a new issue because I saw at least 2 other topics about it. 
    How am I supposed to gain gold/gain fame progress if I have no group goals to complete??
    I've tried refreshing like a million times and still nothing.
  • cgytrainercgytrainer Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I also have had little or no group goals showing up. Most of the time I can only see my own or Gordon's, and it looks like only the most recently added friend. Been this way for the last 4-5 days.
    Mine have been disappearing on and off for months. Yesterday I had group goals for about 5 hours and then they disappeared again and I've had none other than Gordon's so far today. I've tried logging out of Facebook and back in again, powering off my device and refreshing like 40 times in a row.
    @DashingMike any suggestions?

edited April 2018
    I guess I'll just keep updating this thread until I get a reply?
    So I didn't have any goals at all yesterday other than Gordon's. Around 2am this morning I checked and was able to play 2 group goals back to back, but then they disappeared yet again. It's now just after 12 noon and I still have nothing.
    It's starting to feel like this is a well known issue that no one knows how or cares enough to correct..
  • palimpsetpalimpset Registered Users 28 Posts
    @ChefWreck due to the lack of updates the game has a steadily decreasing amount of players. It’s highly likely that your friends are simply not creating as many goals as they used to. Maybe join the games Facebook fan group to find more active friends?
    palimpset said:
    @ChefWreck due to the lack of updates the game has a steadily decreasing amount of players. It’s highly likely that your friends are simply not creating as many goals as they used to. Maybe join the games Facebook fan group to find more active friends?
    Most of my friends are not active, I rely heavily upon random group goals created by non friends. (This allows me to be more selective about the ones I participate in as well) 
    When I do have goals, I have them in abundance so I'm sure there is no shortage of players creating them. It is simply a glitch in the game.
    And thanks for the tip, but I'm not active on Facebook and not interested in having super active friends, I tend to delete people that make contstant goals I don't want to play.. I'm all about that gold lol could care less about winning hearts/coins/tickets etc
  • me1233me1233 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Hi,
    I've been getting this error on and off for months. I try to join a group.goal and I can' and get a check connection error.
    I spent weeks trying to figure out what might be causing it, and think I finally cracked it! 
    If I complete another goal and it's not finished I get the error. But as soon as I get a message to say that goal has ended, I can then join another one without any error or problems.
    I emailed customer support but got back the usual check your Wi-Fi and all that jazz.
    I was getting the error since completing a goal.at lunchtime today. About 5 minutes ago I got the message that the goal was ended and I could immediately join another one! 
    The same thing has happened the last 8 time I got the error - disappears as ion as the goal is completed!
    Might be worth while for others to check if it's the same for them and then it's obviously a bug that should be able to be fixed ?
    Yes, that's the same for me. Sometimes I only do short goals because I know I might be locked out of doing more goals until the time has ended. It's very frustrating and customer service is not helpful at all. This has been happening for months and I wish they would fix it.
    Plus, I should also add that you can always do Gordon's goals. Why won't they fix this glitch???