Options

Indestructible update 4.0

MikeMike Registered Users 460 Posts
Does anyone at Glu.com know if an INDESTRUCTIBLE UPDATE is planned for sometime in the forseeable future?

Any answers soon would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
SHOCK & AWE COMPANY CLAN MASTER

Comments

• Options
    MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts
    Yes, great question. Inquiring minds want to know about any Indestructible updates. Glu, there are many loyal followers of Indestructible and we, I'm sure, would make it worth your while to release another update.

Thank you!
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    MantaRay wrote: »
    Yes, great question. Inquiring minds want to know about any Indestructible updates. Glu, there are many loyal followers of Indestructible and we, I'm sure, would make it worth your while to release another update.

Thank you!

Thanks. I agree that there are many loyal followers of this game waiting for something new and fresh to come our way. AND I would be happy to pay with real money for new components, weapons and whatever else the game would have NEW to offer!
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    I know if I were GLU and I saw an older game that is still very popular I would want to upgrade the platform and make it even more popular and watch the money roll in. While newer freemium games are dropping like flys on a hot afternoon. Consider the cost of completely engineering and developing a new freemium game platform and the risk the new game being a dud.

Now I'm strictly speaking from a business prospective and GLU maybe is not looking at the money making possibilities or for that matter doesn't even care about money.

So if that's the case and money doesn't matter please consider an upgrade (maps, vehicles, abilities, armor, components and did I mention MAPS) and make all the indestructible fans around the world happy.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!
  • Options
    Ddannen wrote: »
    I know if I were GLU and I saw an older game that is still very popular I would want to upgrade the platform and make it even more popular and watch the money roll in. While newer freemium games are dropping like flys on a hot afternoon. Consider the cost of completely engineering and developing a new freemium game platform and the risk the new game being a dud.

Now I'm strictly speaking from a business prospective and GLU maybe is not looking at the money making possibilities or for that matter doesn't even care about money.

So if that's the case and money doesn't matter please consider an upgrade (maps, vehicles, abilities, armor, components and did I mention MAPS) and make all the indestructible fans around the world happy.

Dapper, I have a feeling that Glu is not making games for their health, as the saying goes "It is never about the money" does not apply in this situation. :) They are a company like everyone else with a bottom line. I think as you are saying, that since this game is growing and growing after one year should make Glu pause and consider revamping this game ( or brand new one, hopefully) because it will make more money for them. You and I have been playing this game now for a year and we still constantly see new players. Come on Glu, tell your CEO this game is a Winner!!!

Oh by the way, several months ago Dapper and I came up with some very cool MAP ideas that we hope Glu programmers can hopefully incorporate into future versions of this game. Please look at our MAP IDEAS thread we posted in the Indestructible forum when you have a chance.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    Ugh, is it me or is anyone else noticing that there are 804 VIEWS to this thread already in three weeks? Glamazon, anyone at Glu...could you kindly give us a reply to the original question? I think many of your INDESTRUCTIBLE fans would like to know. :)

By the way, another fun fact... there are over 2,500 views for the thread I created on 8-8-13 called Frenzy's List-The BEST of the BEST INDESTRUCTIBLE players in the INDESTRUCTIBLE forum. I am not trying to toot my own horn, I am just making an observation that there are a heck of a lot of players who LOVE this game and really want to see a major update to the game, if not a INDESTRUCTIBLE II game.
    FRENZY [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    MantaRayMantaRay Registered Users 136 Posts
    To the extent that the folks on here associated with Glu can pass on the intense interest by many Indestructible players, I believe that they will. If not, my sense is that the folks at Glu will notice, or indeed, have noticed, that the Indestructible players are numerous and willing to spend money to continue to play the game.

Indestructible gameplay is not done by any means and I believe a well-timed update (as in soon) will be worth Glu's while. Strike now while the iron is hot, Glu. Introducing a well-thought out and comprehensive update now or soon will likely result in a lot of money for very little work, especially when compared to the costs and risks associated with developing an entirely new game and hoping for a large following. Indestructible has already been developed, so the costs of an update will be lower and the risk will be much less, and the game already has a large following, so there is a built-in market there ready to be fed. If the update is soon, you have many loyal followers that will continue to champion the game and spread the word.
    MantaRay [S&A Co.™]
  • Options
    DdannenDdannen Registered Users 875 Posts
    MantaRay wrote: »
    To the extent that the folks on here associated with Glu can pass on the intense interest by many Indestructible players, I believe that they will. If not, my sense is that the folks at Glu will notice, or indeed, have noticed, that the Indestructible players are numerous and willing to spend money to continue to play the game.

Indestructible gameplay is not done by any means and I believe a well-timed update (as in soon) will be worth Glu's while. Strike now while the iron is hot, Glu. Introducing a well-thought out and comprehensive update now or soon will likely result in a lot of money for very little work, especially when compared to the costs and risks associated with developing an entirely new game and hoping for a large following. Indestructible has already been developed, so the costs of an update will be lower and the risk will be much less, and the game already has a large following, so there is a built-in market there ready to be fed. If the update is soon, you have many loyal followers that will continue to champion the game and spread the word.

Indestructible Forum. http://ggnbb.glu.com/forumdisplay.php?38-Indestructible

What's really important is whether GLU admin and or engineers ever peruse these forums and actually read any other the player concerns. I think your argument is well thought out but if it falls on deaf ears it will all be for naught.

I am not really sure what this forum really addresses if only to placate users by allowing them to vent their frustrations in an open forum.
    Dapper [S&A Co.™]

Yeah that's my GC name!