Options

Tap Sports Baseball not loading

StanfieldStanfield Registered Users 24 Posts
Just recently my Tap Sports Baseball has stopped working. In the short amount of time it's been out I have logged in some serious hours with over 150-ish games played and invested more money than I probably should have (please don't tell my wife!)

Now when trying to login to the game it gives me the tip then just continues to act as if the game is going to load but never does. The circle just swirls and swirls but does not allow me to move on to the main game screen. I do have my account attached to an email address. I'm uncertain on what to do from here on out. Help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried turning off the ipad (iPad Air) and restarting it.
I tried downloading the game on my iPhone which loaded but when I went to enter my email to sync my account it hung up on loading and did no take me past the loading screen.

I thought that maybe there was maintenance going on but I see no posting of such and for a brief time as long as I was not signed into my account the game loaded on my iPhone. So I believe somehow it's internal on Glu's end.

In most cases I wouldn't mind starting over, however with the money I've spent ( a lot) and the time invested to be getting close to Hall of Fame status I would like to resolve this issue. Not to mention the awesome players I have obtained. (Puig, Trout, Pujols, Altuve, Cueto) to name a few. Glu please help a fan out! I can give my email that the account should be saved to privately if need be. In the meantime, I'll continue to try and get past the loading screen. Thanks for any help in advance!
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    Jade5233Jade5233 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm having the exact same issue and it's really driving me nuts. I had my account attached to my facebook I try and load the game and it's just sits at the screen and the blue circle goes around and around I've let it sit that way for over a half am hour... I've come along way in the game I'm at MVP status and I really do not want to start over...... HELP would be appreciated!!!!!!
  • Options
    slapAhoe1xslapAhoe1x Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm also having this issue. Game will not load after spending $20 on coins to help build a team. I've restarted my iPhone5 numerous times. Seems nobody wants to answer this question. Hmmm
  • Options
    I submitted a ticket but this is just an update, the problem hasn't gone away over time. I did however get lucky enough to get past the loading screen to find a million games waiting for me to play this morning, I selected one that was a Final and when I exited the game for my reward loading back to the main interface screen the game once again hung up and continued to swirl but never loaded. I closed the game, restarted my ipad and tried to get back in and wasn't able to so now I'm back to the same issue of being unable to get in the game. Having been able to get into the game for just a minute felt more like a tease.

This has to be an internal interface issue with the main game screen not syncing on loading my data and just gives up. Clearly, I'm not the only one with this issue. This is the customer care section Glu created for this type of communication to make their games better, some type of Dev acknowledgment on the issue or problem would be positive. Considering I've spent more on this game than 3-4 brand new console games, feeling left out in the dark isn't fun.
  • Options
    Pointyst1kPointyst1k Registered Users 19 Posts
    The same thing happened to me. After day two of this, I uninstalled, and redownloaded the game thinking that I could just relink with Facebook and get my team back.

No dice, I relinked with Facebook and still had the same starter team.

I spent $35 this week and countless hours getting my team 15 games into all-star, and now may have lost both my team and my money. They SERIOUSLY need to fix their bugs, or some attorney is going to file a class action lawsuit. In effect, I received absolutely nothing for my money.
  • Options
    Ok, I redownloaded it again, and I tried the e-mail log-in option.. You already probably figured out that I got the infinite blue circle. I tried to reload the game and, yep, infinite blue circle.

Somehow, in some way, our accounts are corrupted. We all seem to have one thing in common.. We were all stupid enough to pay for a great game, that's still in beta.
  • Options
    toogud2gudtoogud2gud Registered Users 3 Posts
    same issue. very annoying and im definitely not starting over as i was almost complete with all star
  • Options
    Clark22Clark22 Registered Users, Member 324 Posts
    Same issue here as well. It worked about 8am central time in US on Thursday August 21. Hours later it would no longer work.
  • Options
    The sad part is, a company like Glu can make such good games, good enough for me to easily blow $250 in less than a few days of playing and more than I spend on most games. Obviously free to play games can have huge profits if done right but still both sides win if it's a game the player really enjoys. When we pay for things in free games not only does it add to our enjoyment of the game but it lends more support to companies so that they may continue to create games for all of us to enjoy down the road.

A company like Glu that makes as much money as they do, they have millions of players across all their games and yet they can't provide enough customer service to support their needs is really a disgrace to it's million of players across all their games. Creating good games for players to enjoy should be half the battle, the other half should be taking care of all the players who in turn show their support to you, Glu, by purchasing game items that keep the lights on.

Using the excuse that you are back logged due to having millions of players across many games is just a disservice and slap in the face. Part of being a great company is providing your paying players and all players for that matter piece of mind knowing that you care enough to see to it that your games are playable when in fact you knowingly allow us to invest our money into what you've created for us to join.

Having a support ticket system that takes weeks to get a response or no response at all is unacceptable. Having a customer care forum where there is no REAL customer care provided is silly. By real I mean, communicating what is being done internally rather than answering misc. game questions. Solving actual issues gamers are having. I apologize for my rant, but trying to understand the ideology as to why you haven't hired more staff to handle the many issues across your many games baffles me. The only perspective I could imagine from a business standpoint would be to safe money, if that is the real answer, it is a very disappointing one as a fan of your games. Your millions of fans deserve better. Unless you are quick to reimburse players for their losses in your unplayable games, our issues deserve proper handling. This is not good business practice.
  • Options
    I mean, really, you can't have much worse of a bug than corrupting people's game files to the point that they can't play.

The game never should have gone public with this bug. It seems like this game was pushed out to early because of cost issues.. But bugs this big can ruin the reputation of a game perminatly.

And I agree, the money was flying out of my bank account too. The game has great conceptual design, and is refreshingly creative.. If they don't at least tackle the huge bugs (ones were mass players can't even play anymore) this will become another failed app.
  • Options
    Any updates Glu?

Hopefully this is fixed soon. Eager to begin playing again.
  • Options
    TeslaNYTeslaNY Registered Users 8 Posts
    Me & a friend with same issue, spent a nice amount of $$$ on Baseball already & now it hangs on loading screen with blue circle spinning & spinning. I can't believe there is no response to this! So what happens to all the $$$ spent? Do we get it back?
  • Options
    TeslaNY wrote: »
    Me & a friend with same issue, spent a nice amount of $$$ on Baseball already & now it hangs on loading screen with blue circle spinning & spinning. I can't believe there is no response to this! So what happens to all the $$$ spent? Do we get it back?

When did your game stop working?
  • Options
    Out of sheer curiousity, what platforms are you guys running? (iPhone, Android.. Etc).

I'm running on a iPhone 4 (iOS 7.1.2) jailbroken.

I'm just wondering if this issue has something to do with a device being jailbroken or rooted.

It started for me on the 20th or 21st Clark22, just randomly while I was playing. I thought the server was having issues, so I just went to sleep. I woke up around 7 hours later, and knew there was an issue.

The people affected seem to be the people who spent money.. Sucks to be us, both the company and the customers are losing. Even if I get my account back, the only money they'll get out of me from now on is through ads, at least until they fix the major bugs in the game. I hope they all enjoyed their weekend off.. I want compensation.
  • Options
    Uncle elmoUncle elmo Registered Users 2 Posts
    Thankfully I have only invested alot of time and no money (could explain why I keep getting destroyed in the Pro Playoffs) in this game. I don't want to give up on it yet.
    Has anyone actually had the problem resolved and regained access to the game?

I've been stuck in Pro for so long I'm in the top 10 in a few lifetime categories and don't really want to lose that by reinstalling. It is a source of pride but also futility, lol.
  • Options
    Clark22 wrote: »
    When did your game stop working?

Last night out of nowhere right after buying the big pack of gold for uniform, etc... We had an awesome league type setup going & now just blue spinning circle!! I was having so much fun with this game, I didn't care about spending the $$$, Glu has to help me out!!

I'm using stock iPad 4th generation Retina & I grabbed new iPhone 4s that I have for emergency & same thing with that. My Android tablet runs it fine still but I spent all the $$$ on iOS & got to All-Star! I'm scared to delete & reinstall bc I'll lose weeks worth!
  • Options
    If you backed up your account via e-mail, they SHOULD be able to fix it.. I'm hoping anyway. More platform info guys, this may help Glu fix this bug!

I'm still getting notifications that it's my turn, and people 'reminding' me to take my turn, that's a good sign.
  • Options
    I'm running on an iPad Air with the most current iOS.

I'm closing in on a week without being able to play. Glu hasn't responded here or to the ticket I created through email that was sent out around the same time as I created this thread here.

I'm at around a $250 loss on this game, was closing in on Hall of Fame ranking with a record of around 110-45-ish and I was able to obtain a few of my favorite baseball players in Trout and Puig.
  • Options
    My problem started not long after yours man. What sucks, is that they don't work on weekends, so take your ticket time and -2 days. :/

$250 is nuts, I may have had an aneurysm.. and a broken phone. I think this will be fixed, it's a matter of how long.
  • Options
    I'd sleep better if they'd at the very least acknowledge us here and say they're looking into the problem. The silent treatment just makes it seem as if they don't care.
  • Options
    Exactly.. But it's the weekend. I can't picture them not being aware of this bug. All you can do is try to take it in stride.. I'm playing ****ty candy crush to pass the time now.
  • Options
    Yep yep, it is what it is. I'm not much into Clash of Clan style games but to pass the time I've been throwing some money at Star Wars Commander, it's been keeping me distracted on my days off so far.
  • Options
    Uhmm.. Maybe I'll check that out. It sounds a lot more entertaining than candy crush :)
  • Options
    Lol.

I'm on iPhone 5s and the current iOS. Whatever version it's at today.

Here is to hoping we are back up and playing tomorrow.

My son is due this week and having access to the game would be great for any down time (if any).
  • Options
    Uncle elmoUncle elmo Registered Users 2 Posts
    I'm back up!! On iPhone 5s IOS 7.1.2 (not sure if that matters).

I am hoping that everyone else is as well. Didn't do anything special......just took patience and time.
  • Options
    Dave195Dave195 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I also have an iPhone 5s IOS 7.1.2 and I've had no luck. Tried everything and still been down for a couple days staring at that darn load screen w/ the blue circle. Would love a response from Glu on how to remedy this situation please!! Thnx
  • Options
    It went to loading screen with blue circle on iPhone when I clicked 'sign in' to Facebook. I was signed into FB on iPad since game came out. When I got "Blue Circle Of Death" on iPad last night, I tried iPhone & it started me from beginning. I tried FB to hopefully restore game & play on phone til fix came out & now have 2 devices with blue circle. I need that iOS game back, lots of $$$ and time in that! After a couple of weeks of playing, I now get to play the tutorial on my Android! Dino Hunter time!
  • Options
    I was finally able to login back into the game tonight. About an hour ago I randomly checked for the billionth time today as I have been doing since being locked out and it finally let me in. I was able to catch up on all my games. If you've been having the same issue as the rest of us, please try and login and let's see if they finally fixed the problem. Otherwise, I'm not going to hold my breath or get my hopes up that it's finally fixed. Good luck all!

If anyone can get in and wants a game with me, my in game name is ßoston (the B is special ASCII character.)

EDIT: Well, I spoke too soon and am once again encountering the blue circle of death while trying to load back. It happened when I was finishing a round and loading back to the main screen. Frustrating but glad I didn't get my hopes up. I did get about an hour of my fix in and it was fun while it lasted.
  • Options
    plutomplutom Registered Users 2 Posts
    The same thing happened to me
  • Options
    No dice. Still that evil circle spinning.
  • Options
    toogud2gudtoogud2gud Registered Users 3 Posts
    I tried again this morning when seeing that some people were able to get on, so i tried my luck. reinstalled the app, loads up the new player stuff (which is normal), i go to settings click on fb login and hope it works and it doesnt get stuck loading. IT LOADS my old team, in all star, with all my players money , etc. I immediately play all the games I have waiting for me... and then

After one game i get the blue circle of death. I exit the app, load it again, same thing. restart my iphone, same thing. uinstall and reinstall the app, fb login gets stuck in loading!?!

release an update already glu that will fix this, or at least acknowledge the problem.

Do something please!