Options

No weekend event?

2Next

Comments

• Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Ok, up early with another pot of coffee. This time I'm putting those little caffeine shots in the cup as well. And lookie- I made cupcakes for breakfast for everyone. Caffeine, sugar rush - I think a lot of stars are being earned today!
    a99769_win03_cupcakes_xl.jpg

We've actually been outside sledding in the fresh snow! But it's wet, heavy snow, so kinda tough going. So I've burned off the calories in advance, and I'll just take a couple of those little cakes... I need more than one to share with my kids, yeah, that's it-- my kids...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    Ok, up early with another pot of coffee. This time I'm putting those little caffeine shots in the cup as well. And lookie- I made cupcakes for breakfast for everyone. Caffeine, sugar rush - I think a lot of stars are being earned today!
    a99769_win03_cupcakes_xl.jpg

Awww you're the best, koko
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
  • Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    We've actually been outside sledding in the fresh snow! But it's wet, heavy snow, so kinda tough going. So I've burned off the calories in advance, and I'll just take a couple of those little cakes... I need more than one to share with my kids, yeah, that's it-- my kids...

Lucky you. Wish there was snow here. The only snow I got was the one in the game lol and now that's gone too

• Options
    Sassi wrote: »
    Lucky you. Wish there was snow here. The only snow I got was the one in the game lol and now that's gone too

Well, on Friday night the ground was bare, so we enjoyed the 8" of snow that arrived all throughout Saturday. However, they're now warning us about a blizzard coming Monday night, lasting through Wednesday morning. It's supposed to drop 20"+ more on New England, so that seems a bit out of control!

At least everything around here will be cancelled if it happens. The worst thing is when it snows 5"-- it's miserable to drive skidding along the secondary roads, and often the highways are even terrible, but people still show up at work, making you look bad if you don't!

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Morning. I got up this morning, and put on the tv, saw 14-18 inches due tomorrow night through Wednesday. My son has the spring semester starting tomorrow, so I'm guessing he'll have one day of school, and then snow day. Sigh. I have to go to the store now to stock up for a freaking blizzard. I'm on Long Island, and I think LuzVarias and I are looking at the same storm.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Morning. I got up this morning, and put on the tv, saw 14-18 inches due tomorrow night through Wednesday. My son has the spring semester starting tomorrow, so I'm guessing he'll have one day of school, and then snow day. Sigh. I have to go to the store now to stock up for a freaking blizzard. I'm on Long Island, and I think LuzVarias and I are looking at the same storm.

Yes, the same one, thank goodness! The only thing worse than one freaking blizzard is one with another 2 days behind it! (Edit: who am I kidding-- we're hours, not days, apart!)

But the grocery stores will definitely be in apocalypse mode, for sure! Good luck with the stocking-up.

• Options
    Yeah, DH is out at the store. And I'm still playing the game. Can't believe how many stars I spent yesterday. First it was the clothes, then the french dog. Dog x 3 because one for each game. lol. I LOVE getting a star after every gig. It feels great. I'm not watching the money......I watch the stars! loll
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

Wow ! Atleast something exciting is happening at your end lol. All I'm getting is electricity black outs and a shortage of gas humpf.

• Options
    Yeah, DH is out at the store. And I'm still playing the game. Can't believe how many stars I spent yesterday. First it was the clothes, then the french dog. Dog x 3 because one for each game. lol. I LOVE getting a star after every gig. It feels great. I'm not watching the money......I watch the stars! loll

Lol me too. But I'm hoarding them up in case we get an event like last weekend where you get stuff by earning lol. It doesn't bode well to be broke then.

• Options
    Wow ! Atleast something exciting is happening at your end lol. All I'm getting is electricity black outs and a shortage of gas humpf.

Can I be nosy? Are you native to Pakistan, or did you move there? I have a friend from Lahore who doesn't get to visit relatives back home as often as he'd like.

It does sound frustrating with the power interruptions...

• Options
    Can I be nosy? Are you native to Pakistan, or did you move there? I have a friend from Lahore who doesn't get to visit relatives back home as often as he'd like.

It does sound frustrating with the power interruptions...

Oh it sure is frustrating. I'm a native. Though my dad has been living in Texas since 26 years (all my life lol) so I get to visit him (tho not as often as I'd like) I live in Islamabad and I have family in Lahore.

• Options
    Oh it sure is frustrating. I'm a native. Though my dad has been living in Texas since 26 years (all my life lol) so I get to visit him (tho not as often as I'd like) I live in Islamabad and I have family in Lahore.

My friend travels back and forth between Northern New Hampshire and Lahore. It's often a serious temperature- and culture-shock for him! He never mentioned the ski slope in the Mall of Emirates.

I'm easily impressed-- how cool to be playing this funny little game with someone in Islamabad, and someone in Iceland, and who knows where else!

• Options
    My friend travels back and forth between Northern New Hampshire and Lahore. It's often a serious temperature- and culture-shock for him! He never mentioned the ski slope in the Mall of Emirates.

I'm easily impressed-- how cool to be playing this funny little game with someone in Islamabad, and someone in Iceland, and who knows where else!

Ikr !! It's both exciting and refreshing !!
    I can imagine how it would be a shock for your friend lol. It's a different world here both culturally and temperature wise lol. During summers it can go upto 110 degrees in lahore lol.

• Options
    ChiyoChiyo Registered Users 65 Posts
    I loved the weekend event, I got 38 K stars woohoo. By the end I played like a mad man and managed it to finish three 1 hour gigs in 30 minutes ( with no energy to begin with ). Now I'm exhausted xD
  • Options
    Chiyo wrote: »
    I loved the weekend event, I got 38 K stars woohoo. By the end I played like a mad man and managed it to finish three 1 hour gigs in 30 minutes ( with no energy to begin with ). Now I'm exhausted xD

That's impressive! You could actually buy something... I had wondered what the scale of people's success was. I think I only made about 10-12 stars, but I was distracted by sledding.

Hope you didn't hurt yourself!

• Options
    Awesine Chiyo. I am impressed with that fete. 38 Stars is impressive.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ChiyoChiyo Registered Users 65 Posts
    That's impressive! You could actually buy something... I had wondered what the scale of people's success was. I think I only made about 10-12 stars, but I was distracted by sledding.

Hope you didn't hurt yourself!

Don't worry, I am fine :D
    Usually I get something between 10-12 stars as well but I had a completely free weekend and could play every 3 hours. If I had actually done something else this weekend it wouldn't have been possible.
    I wanted to buy the dog in Paris but I think I'll save my stars in case there is some big Valentine's day event next month.