Options

Weekend Event 3/20 *Got a Good Feeling about this one!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Noona21_zps5lrzx5al.gif

Yes, last week I got miffed (I hope that fares better than muhf) because I came in Thursday morning, all ready to start off the new weekend thread early, but somebody jumped in on Wednesday, and I didn't get to play and make it special. So, because Noona is so sweet, and I made her a sparkly graphic, I figured we'd pump so much freakin positive energy in here, that we'd just call good things back to us.

So this one's special hostess: Noonaluvfood
(If you'd like to be up here some week, do something that taken a different way might cause me to blow up and then accept my apology so sweetly, well....this is what you get. I love you guys, I am a Gemini. I apologize in advance.) So, hey, it's Wednesday, have at it...... Oh oh oh oh.
If anyone feels cranky, sad, negative once the weekend event begins, please start a thread, Smoking Lounge. Basically anyone who goes into a smoking lounge knows they're going to be breathing smoke in there. Sometimes, you just need a little release. And with that........ Threads Open.....
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456711

Comments

• Options
    OEMGEE. Now peeps will be callin me out ever so gently just to rile up the Irish in me to get the Weekend event host/ess gig? ANd no, Mr. Kokonut is Norwegian. :cool: BaDumBum
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Koko I luv you, and the graphic! I was soo not expecting that, but it is a very nice surprise:o:o:D:D!!
    You are so sweet you know that:o

I think this weekend will be awesome(and not just because you put my name in flashing , glittery lights):p
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Sometimes I have the impression that I don't understand anything that Koko writes, but always find it all so beautiful.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Koko I luv you, and the graphic! I was soo not expecting that, but it is a very nice surprise:o:o:D:D!!
    You are so sweet you know that:o

I think this weekend will be awesome (and not just because you put my name in flashing , glittery lights):p
    Wish I could just " like" this w/o taking up space with a post saying, "That was a sweet reply to Koko's olive branch post, Noonaluvfood." I'm hoping this weekend will be awesome as well.

⋆•̵̑ ੭͜•̵̑⋆

• Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Sometimes I have the impression that I don't understand anything that Koko writes, but always find it all so beautiful.

Exactly, Vats! Sometimes it's best to just sit back and enjoy the flights of fancy and leaps of logic... and the sparkles.

image.jpg1_zpskvk5m87z.jpg
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Exactly, Vats! Sometimes it's best to just sit back and enjoy the flights of fancy and leaps of logic... and the sparkles.

Yup sparkles of "Luz"!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Yup sparkles of "Luz"!

The Sparkles!
    Luz3_zpslewenaad.gif

But why does this pose make it look like I over-plucked my eyebrows? The other poses don't look this way! Disturbing.

• Options
    Don't worry about the eyebrows, you know how to sparkle!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    I behaved badly. If I'd been anyone other than me, I'd have given myself a time out. And since I can't actually give anyone a baked treat, I can give good graphic. So, I'm starting this thing, so I wanted to make a graphic kick off the thread and hand it over. And don't worry, you don't have to be the victim of good/bad gemini to become the Weekend Event Thread Host/ess for the week. But, you'll get a graphic. With Noona, I saw sparkly pretty girly things with a touch of whimsy. Feel free to privately suggest a future Host/ess
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I behaved badly. If I'd been anyone other than me, I'd have given myself a time out. And since I can't actually give anyone a baked treat, I can give good graphic. So, I'm starting this thing, so I wanted to make a graphic kick off the thread and hand it over. And don't worry, you don't have to be the victim of good/bad gemini to become the Weekend Event Thread Host/ess for the week. But, you'll get a graphic. With Noona, I saw sparkly pretty girly things with a touch of whimsy. Feel free to privately suggest a future Host/ess

Ok I understand, but don't be so hard on yourself, you are very cool! I'm also gemini, but I don't believe in these things hahaha!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    The Sparkles!
    Luz3_zpslewenaad.gif

But why does this pose make it look like I over-plucked my eyebrows? The other poses don't look this way! Disturbing.
    Don't worry about the eyebrows, you know how to sparkle!

Wow does she ever. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok I understand, but don't be so hard on yourself, you are very cool! I'm also gemini, but I don't believe in these things hahaha!

Oh, I've got a touch of MPD but it's easier to explain it as Gemini. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

Koko don't beat yourself up over it. This is just so freakin' awesome!
    Idk what else to say cuz im speechless(in a good way). You did good with the glittery, sparkly things..although any would have sufficed:).

Luz does sparkle, I think the dress heightens it too :o:p

RubyD wrote: »
    Wish I could just " like" this w/o taking up space with a post saying, "That was a sweet reply to Koko's olive branch post, Noonaluvfood." I'm hoping this weekend will be awesome as well.

⋆•̵̑ ੭͜•̵̑⋆

Idk how I should feel about this.....umm? I could only respond like that because I was blown away..

This is for you Koko

awesome_zpsh0yzewkh.png

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    Ok I was so blind by the sparkles that I forgot to congratulate you Noona for being the Hostess this weekend! So congratulations girl!!! Have a good reign!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Those sparkles are very blinding lol.
    Thanks Vats, I will try to make it a fun one:).

• Options
    moonyuushinmoonyuushin Registered Users 936 Posts
    Congrats on hosting your own new show Noona :D
    I can already feel the excited vibe's back~weeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh~~~~~~~
    alhehf.jpg
    ^me, fooling around in the office, way too hype on Thursday.
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I don't see a sparkly graphic and I missed the drama but ok?

So if we don't like the new event we have to start a separate thread to say so. Is that the new rule? Just trying to understand.
  • Options
    Hi Polka, there was no drama for you too know about:) so don't worry.

It would be appreciated if you started a new thread on anything you don't like about the weekend event. (Although we think this one will be a good one, so there hopefully won't be a need for a negative thread:) )

Now who wants to guess what the colors for this weekend will be? Or at least one color they would like to see..?

I want red, purple, blue, or orange

• Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    OK guys, no problem.

Just so you know I don't have a vested interest in being a malcontent. And did not plan to dislike the last event. Or I'd just quit. I'm not one to gripe for sake of griping. :)
  • Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    I don't see a sparkly graphic and I missed the drama but ok?

So if we don't like the new event we have to start a separate thread to say so. Is that the new rule? Just trying to understand.

Well, you're welcome to start a lounge for people to join you in snarking about, if it comes to it. Maybe that'll be helpful, to separate the malcontents from the....contents? That way, people can choose to be bummed or not! I like a good bum, I always say.

• Options
    Thanks moony, ik how ya feel I get reeeaallyy excited for it too

• Options
    OK guys, no problem.

Just so you know I don't have a vested interest in being a malcontent. And did not plan to dislike the last event. Or I'd just quit. I'm not one to gripe for sake of griping. :)

Its ok we all have our momments, as long as we move past them, then that is what makes us better:)

• Options
    Koko, now I'm angry at the rest of my wardrobe, which isn't animated at all!

Can you punch up the rest of my stuff, too?

• Options
    OK guys, no problem.

Ahh, see, I put that out as an idea, the 'smoking lounge' so to speak, for a couple of reasons. I'm doing bullets because I tend to go deep sometimes. lol.
    • a thread consolidating the things that we feel are wrong about the Weekend Event will help Glu if they go looking to see how things could improve
    • If the Smoking Lounge is a designated 'we're not thrilled' lounge, people who are really happy with the event won't come in and tell us to cheer up
    • we don't want to rain on someone else's happy parade, but want our voices heard as well.

No one is planning to really dislike an event like last time. But people were leaving the game thread because it was dividing us into groups. So, it was my idea to have the thought, rather than bring down an otherwise happy thread, let's have a plan if it tanks again. When you go out with a designated driver, it's not because you go out thinking you're going to get sFaced. But, in case it ends up that way, you have a plan. A safety net so to speak. And no one likes to complain, but when a golf ball hits you in the privates, you need to go let it all out.

But no one is telling you where you can and cannot post.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    moonyuushinmoonyuushin Registered Users 936 Posts
    Ahh, see, I put that out as an idea, the 'smoking lounge' so to speak, for a couple of reasons. I'm doing bullets because I tend to go deep sometimes. lol.
    • a thread consolidating the things that we feel are wrong about the Weekend Event will help Glu if they go looking to see how things could improve
    • If the Smoking Lounge is a designated 'we're not thrilled' lounge, people who are really happy with the event won't come in and tell us to cheer up
    • we don't want to rain on someone else's happy parade, but want our voices heard as well.

No one is planning to really dislike an event like last time. But people were leaving the game thread because it was dividing us into groups. So, it was my idea to have the thought, rather than bring down an otherwise happy thread, let's have a plan if it tanks again. When you go out with a designated driver, it's not because you go out thinking you're going to get sFaced. But, in case it ends up that way, you have a plan. A safety net so to speak. And no one likes to complain, but when a golf ball hits you in the privates, you need to go let it all out.

Just so you know dear you've just made my day. I was very "itchy" here a few mins ago, if you know what I mean :)
  • Options

Thans Koko, its a good reminder:)

• Options
    Ok with me and my love of meme's, I feel like posting this one-

team%20awesome_zpsxz8teoqo.jpg

I may be jumpin the gun on this one..but hey lets get ready for tomorrow, and see what teaser is coming out for the weekend!!

(sorry couldn't wait.i REALLY wanted to use this one already..:p)

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts

Brilliant idea and we'll said. Especially since there is no way to satisfy all players 100% of the time.

Personally, I'm super moody and have a love / hate relationship with the game. Last weekend I said at least 100 times I'm done with the game! But then I get a notification that my energy is full and I got sucked right back in. It's a vicious cycle.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    I just received a couple of things I won't be trapped by:
    One device is always behind, she just got the invitation to the wrap party at "The Beach House in Malibu" there is no timer ticking on it, as in must be completed by, but I remember I get there, they say the party is over, the whole thing about Bruce's car, and I end up trying to help them. - I'm thinking rather than kickstart another whole weekend of forced gigs I staying out of their BeachHouse till I know what the weekend is all about.

Similarly, another device got a gig to do with Kylie and Kendall, I'll look it up later, my phone is charging, and after I agreed to do it, Simon called and said "Ok, it's a go" and set the clock for that to be available in 23 hours. So, again, it might be better for my games to wait and not go near either of these two things till I know what I'm doing this weekend.

I wanted to put it here to remind people, to be careful about getting roped into another very structured weekend. It probably won't come into play again so soon, but just incase I don't want to be married to long, low producing gigs. We should be seeing the outfits early. like maybe within 12 hours? I am getting so excited.
    Noona, you have a lovely thread going here. Anyone who doesn't see your graphic, feel free to save it, and post wherever you want to show it off. :) I'm glad you like it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thank you for the gentle reminder Koko.

Since you mentioned the graphic...

Noona21_zpsp1erolhb.gif

BA BAAM!! There it is;).

I couldn't help it, it was sssoo tempting. (Sorry I have large amounts of energy due to excitement..it should wear off in a lil bit..so pardon me:o)