Options

Weekend Event 4/10/2015 *Think Wonderful Happy Thoughts - It's Springtime

Comments

• Options
    mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    Lol. Did you say Days? I do agree with the experience, but in solidarity with my wallet......I no longer buy any gift boxes if there isn't an outfit to buy for KStars Outright. It's a personal pledge, I know people drop off because we deserve to splurge, but with the gift boxes, it's no longer controlled spending. It's out own little Vegas. I will buy what I want, but I'm not buying giftboxes. That doesn't work for me. It's not a gift if you have to buy it.

Seriously, I miss my partner in crime. We'd gladly buy the outfit....not the possibilty of the outfit.

However........I did grab a great pair of boots and I'm closing in on the second pair. Then I'll go for the bag because it is growoing on me.

Haha I did say days koko, I just meant that I've had just a tiny sliver to go until level 31 for days and the darn bar just won't budge! I've been sitting on level 30 for at least a few weeks now. :D

I want outfits to buy too! I loved those little sales, and I missed the last one with the cute black and white dress.

AliBryant, I know what you mean about the ruffle blouses! I am not buying those for a reason, but lo and behold whenever I win clothes it seems like it's one of those. I think I only have one left to go and maybe they will be out of my gift box misery. lol
    GC: redsoxxygal
  • Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I got the earrings which I'm happy about. I got lucky though since it was the only special item. On my other game I just got regular black pants in the box which is boring honestly, lol. I'm not going to spend any k stars on a gift box because I simply don't have the funds. I'm halfway towards the shoes on my main acct. I hope this weekend won't be too much. The clothes are gorgeous but I have things to do IRL this weekend, too. ;)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hmph, both games got 40 kstars. Didn't wanna risk anything, rather use it for any special outfit sale! I've joined it to wish for one!
    PM to add
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Idk I've gotten a cool sweater in a gift box once. But yeah, most of the time gift boxes get me p.o. Like if I have to pay for it then it's wrong but if I get it for free, then yeah sometimes you do hit jackpot. Also they should NEVER EVER put stuff like 4 energy bolts or $40 or something in a "gift box". That right there is what upsets people. Make it worth our while, at least. If they are giving energy then at least put like 47 in there so we can run tasks & travel & shop. just ranting lol.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    mindybunny wrote: »
    Haha I did say days koko, I just meant that I've had just a tiny sliver to go until level 31 for days and the darn bar just won't budge! I've been sitting on level 30 for at least a few weeks now. :D

I want outfits to buy too! I loved those little sales, and I missed the last one with the cute black and white dress.

AliBryant, I know what you mean about the ruffle blouses! I am not buying those for a reason, but lo and behold whenever I win clothes it seems like it's one of those. I think I only have one left to go and maybe they will be out of my gift box misery. lol

Yes, that black and white dress was the last one. That was February? I only had stars for one, so one device got it, I ran out stocked up on googleplay cards, and the two androids wait and wait for another sale outfit, but they've decided to put our sale outfits in little gift boxes, and therefore you can't buy them. But you can spend 160 or more stars trying for the outfit. Now multiply that by 3, and you see why I get no outfits. ;( But, my husband has changed his look. I'm married to Gavin Rossdale! Doesn't he look like Gavin?
    I should try and look like Gwen Stefani, and see if we look like a R&R Super Couple?

MrKokonutLookslikeRossdale_zps8iz4wlqf.jpg

949c7cfe-3869-461e-96cc-50e24c87c5a4_zps5izwmc3l.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Yes Koko style your girl like Gwen! There needs to be a redder lipstick though.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    I tried.. I don't think it can be done ;( Do you want to try? I am just amazed, because he really does look like Gavin.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I tried.. I don't think it can be done ;( Do you want to try? I am just amazed, because he really does look like Gavin.
    You're right he does :D I will go try but that lipstick is the key!
  • Options
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    You're right he does :D I will go try but that lipstick is the key!

If you get her good except the color, I can photoshop the color, and pop him in the picture. :) We'll have to let Glu know you can be Gavin and Gwen. Wonder what other celebrities we can make.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    If you get her good except the color, I can photoshop the color, and pop him in the picture. :) We'll have to let Glu know you can be Gavin and Gwen. Wonder what other celebrities we can make.

Untitled_zpsio0q8kld.png

None of these are like her! Anyone else wana try?? :) Would love to see your lipstick editing on whoever manages it!
  • Options
    Yours are good, better than mine, I think it's the eyebrows. None of the eyebrows work, so I think we have to do glasses. Believe me, I'm screenshotting him all over the place. Before Hubby changes his look. Should I pm him and tell him about this thread? I don't think he'll post, but he sent me a wedding picture, and I sent him some photobooth ones. But what if he gets embarrassed. Nah, if he stumbles upon the thread, I'm sure I'll hear about it. lol. I married a Rock Star. But I better be careful about inviting blondes to the parties.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    BabySimmo93BabySimmo93 Registered Users 124 Posts
    finished the event :) higher up on my second comeback go team issa ;)
    C'mon you Hull :mad:
  • Options
    Yours are good, better than mine, I think it's the eyebrows. None of the eyebrows work, so I think we have to do glasses. Believe me, I'm screenshotting him all over the place. Before Hubby changes his look. Should I pm him and tell him about this thread? I don't think he'll post, but he sent me a wedding picture, and I sent him some photobooth ones. But what if he gets embarrassed. Nah, if he stumbles upon the thread, I'm sure I'll hear about it. lol. I married a Rock Star. But I better be careful about inviting blondes to the parties.
    Oh yeah of course! She has dark eyebrows irl. I've always thought we should be able to change our eyebrow colour too. Well I hope he sees your Gavin reference it's funny, and congrats on being a rock and roll bride :D
  • Options
    MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    Hi everyone,

I think that Noona and Koko are so right because we should not pay a gift as well as we should not pay a date etc etc...

This weekend i am not telling you how much I
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Celebratory Collage time :) I'm take a few days break from the game now.

IMG_20150411_124052_zpsd5jopktb.jpg

Peachy Cream Rose Gold vibes

PhotoGrid_1428777462183_zpsozonqe7s.jpg

Yeezy X Adidas season 1 fashion show

PhotoGrid_1428777364055_zpsho3benu4.jpg

Yeezy Fashion Show finale
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    Hey guys

Sorry my message went too fast :) a Simon moment for me:)

Anyway I wanted to share that I am completely in line with Noona and Koko because this gift box thing has just gotten out of the essential purpose.. I have spent nearly 100 euros just to see in how much trials we get the outfit... It is ridiculous.. Anyways for next weeks, no gift box for me..

On the other hand, my doll Alissa is going to coachella, leaving the Malibu house... Hoping that Glu might come with a coachella idea for us soon...

Kisses

2i78t47.jpg
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Hi everyone
    I just popped in to say goodbye for the weekend. I may pop in and out at times, but just saying by for now. :)

Have fun! Glad to see you all rockin the weekend outfits, and hearing how far some of you have gotten:D
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    Ok, I have to clarify something. I am all for buying stars, and I do. But, I have to be honest. I feel 180% positive, after I have spent my purchased stars on the old Sale outfits. They used to put together a couple of items for a sale price. You knew how much it cost, you decide to buy or not...but there's no disappointment. (Plus, it fits!) I give myself an allowance for the game, and I want to spend stars. But I can't rely on blind luck, because I seriously have no luck. I will never pick the right box. Ever. So now
    1. I can't buy the nice outfit outright - now it's taken apart and put into gift boxes,
    2. Plus in order to 'win' the earn it outfit - I pretty much need items from the gift boxes, or I can chain myself to the wifi all weekend.

And when in desperation for the gift box bonus outfit I have spent too many Stars and come away without it, instead of being 180% positive about spending money in the game.....I feel like a loser.

I love the game, Love Glu, but a lot of my friends are walking away from the weekends.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Bye Noona, see you soon :)

Okay it's 6 in the morning here, but I had to complete it before I sleep.

naS9DTo.png

dC8zueR.png
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    looking sharp Charli, DMV and MKlove!

hope everyone is doing well with the event. i'd love them to bring back the outfits for a set price as well. maybe they could put items from old events in the gift boxes for players who missed out in the past. that way they can still generate revenue from the boxes plus added sales of the outfit packages.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Charli wrote: »
    Bye Noona, see you soon :)

Okay it's 6 in the morning here, but I had to complete it before I sleep.

naS9DTo.png

dC8zueR.png

You look awesome! Especially the fur hat one, goes well with your beard :D
    PM to add
  • Options
    Yep Charli you look very awesome really like that event coat it would be nice to have a female version (more feminine tailoring like fitted or masculine style but oversized and with different top underneath)

Ps bye Noona have a nice Sunday :)
  • Options
    I just earned my 1st complete outfit for this weekend. I need 120 on one game, and 90 on the other with 17 hours to go. ehh, and, the only one who bought gift boxes that had anything Bonus in them was the Ipad, the one that finished ah hour ago. So, that means next week, since I'm not buying gift boxes, once again I won't have the bonus items needed to win the outfit I try to earn. Know what, I've come to a personal realization. I got up at 3 a.m. again this morning, to try and make up for not picking the right boxes when I bought way too many boxes this weekend. I'm going back to bed. Epiphanies are good that way. ;) See you next weekend, or over in support later.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I just earned my 1st complete outfit for this weekend. I need 120 on one game, and 90 on the other with 17 hours to go. ehh, and, the only one who bought gift boxes that had anything Bonus in them was the Ipad, the one that finished ah hour ago. So, that means next week, since I'm not buying gift boxes, once again I won't have the bonus items needed to win the outfit I try to earn. Know what, I've come to a personal realization. I got up at 3 a.m. again this morning, to try and make up for not picking the right boxes when I bought way too many boxes this weekend. I'm going back to bed. Epiphanies are good that way. ;) See you next weekend, or over in support later.
    Well congrats on earning the outfit once :) we can't knock ourselves out personally I deleted my second game because I found it genuinely stressful :D so you do a great job to get even the first prizes running three games! :)
  • Options
    Lol. Lucy, the beauty (insanity) of being a Gemini is you flip like a light switch. Ok, so I didn't go to bed, I'm still plugging away, but seriously if I don't get more sleep I will be in terrible shape. So, yeah, the madness doesn't end yet. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    looking sharp Charli, DMV and MKlove!

hope everyone is doing well with the event. i'd love them to bring back the outfits for a set price as well. maybe they could put items from old events in the gift boxes for players who missed out in the past. that way they can still generate revenue from the boxes plus added sales of the outfit packages.

Thanks,

Im in love with the idea of bringing back exclusive items from old events. Maybe Glu can do a flash sale for the 1 year anniversary coming up in June. No gift boxes though, if I'm going to spend that much money I want to be sure I get exactly what I want.

They'll still make money. Plus they make money outside of what players spend. They get paid for the advertisement ads from other companies too.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    I agree with others, and I'm very vocal that they should bring back the weekly outfit package sale. I was happy buying and spending stars, wearing my new outfit while I worked for the Earner Outfit. I have to say the people who worked for the outfits all weekend long might feel very alienated if suddenly you can buy outright what cost us our weekends. By all means bring back the Outfits that you could buy, bring back the items that were put in the special gift boxes and sell them. And even though I haven't 'earned' all the full outfits since February, I would rather not see them available for stars. The ones I worked for all through the summer and the fall and early winter, are special to me. Everyone would like a superbowl ring. You start selling them, then they don't mean anything anymore. It loses the "Special" that came about from tapping for it all weekend long. I like the idea of some great outfits that can' t be bought. Even if it means I missed some. Because that would mean the ones I DID earn are exclusive, and not for sale.

But, whatever happens, happens I guess. I still love the game. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Phew. I am one tahd girl. With just about 4+ hours left. Here they are, after much prodding and arguing, the triplets. Um, why are they dressed like this in Sprintime? I have to be honest, if I'd seen they were basically camo clothes, I would have stopped at the bag. Ice....I mean Apple Princess insisted the others cover their eyes with shades. But why is the shading on one leg different? So those are stockings under the capri length pants? Nothing against ALT, but we should have been working toward the gift box outfit. That is so much nicer.

TripletALT2_zpsu5dlhlxy.jpg

Ok, it's growing on me. But I think the hat makes it. oh duh, I think I figured out what someone was talking about in another thread. bye
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    Wow koko, your girls look amazing!

I got all the prizes for my girl, and the first 3 for my guy. Not too bad for the weekend! :D

I hope next weekend is a VIP event because I'll be travelling and visiting with family. Not a good situation for a grinding event.
    GC: redsoxxygal
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Koko your girl looks spectacular!
    GC: Zoë Strange