Options

I losteverything

MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
What should I do? I did not choose a character but I think I lost all...
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    The thing is when I open my game I see this...

iyn4o2.jpg

Does it mean that its all lost? Do I have to click on the start button and I start all over?
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Do not click start over or press anything. (This has happened to me a few times) What I always do is close the app and then restart my phone and its back to my normal game.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    Thanks man! I did it a couple times this morning and it just keeps showing me this...
    I am soooo frustrated! I should not press on start right?
  • Options
    Its me again! I turned off my phone 3 times and it happenss again, i also logged the game on facebook but I dont lknow if it does something... Im really frustrated
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Mklove wrote: »
    The thing is when I open my game I see this...

iyn4o2.jpg

Does it mean that its all lost? Do I have to click on the start button and I start all over?

Hi. I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Being Logged into Facebook only means you can share photos with FB, and post announcements like "I just made the A List", when the game asks if you'd like to tell your friends.

But, That shot of the kustomize page is exactly where I was, when i moved my games to new devices. But this is so touch and go, I'm rethinking my own advice. Has your game been saved to the cloud? I was poking around my settings on my Android phone and I saw a BackUp/Restore button. ANd it let you check or uncheck the save to the cloud choice. Are you Android or iOS? If you can look on your device, see if you are set to back up to the cloud. When you've looked, come back and post what you found? BUT you are NOT trying to get the game back right now, just come back with the info about whether you were set to back up to the cloud or not.

So sorry this is happening. (In the future, when you post with an issue, can you include the platform you play on? It helps a lot. For example, had you said you were playing on the Facebook Game Platform, I would tell you there is nothing you can do to get the game back, Support is not available for that platform at this time.)

In any event, if you can't get the game back, and have spent any money on the game, you may be able to get that restored, you would have to contact Customer Care for that.

AND: Please stop opening the game while we try to figure this out. According to my resident Tech Guru, Alkoholiks, each time you do that, you are burying the game data down another level.

Edd: Ooops BackUp and Reset not restore. Typo. I'm so sorry. I wish there was restore. lol
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I had this happened to me before, and I searched for help online. So I click Start without customizing anything, and I was brought to the shop. There I kept re-opening my game, I think it was about an hour before I went in and saw the pop up message to choose between 2 games, my original and the one I just started. I also made sure I was signed into GC, iCloud.

I know most people usually get their pop up message at your page without clicking start. I was taking a big risk then.
    PM to add
  • Options
    In fact i dont sava anything on icloud Im a GC user and im sort pf afraid that my data is hacked on icloud so I did not put anything on it...
    The last time I backed up my iphone was months ago... But I am always signed on GC, what should I do?

Im so sad, i had even won super cute dresses from the weekend and now its maybe all gone..
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm so sorry for you MKlove, I was excited to come to the forum today, but now I'm feeling bad, this type of reporting is increasingly common. It looks like a Russian roulette, just waiting for one of us.

Koko do you know how to save in the cloud for Android?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    I've had my game set back as well and I never got a pop up message to choose between two games.

Glu Customer support told me that if I was playing the game on more than one device (which I was) to stop doing so and to change my iCloud settings to manual save instead of autosave.

Hopefully that was helpful and I'm sorry this is happening to you. I know how it feels.
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    I'm so sorry for you MKlove, I was excited to come to the forum today, but now I'm feeling bad, this type of reporting is increasingly common. It looks like a Russian roulette, just waiting for one of us.

Koko do you know how to save in the cloud for Android?

Actually, that's the device I was poking around in yesterday. Apparently I am NOT set up to save. That's where I found the button about Backup/Reset. I drilled in for more info, and it said that I agreed to give google my wifi password, in order to have the Google cloud save my games. And, that might be harmless, but it might be something my Hubby could blow a gut about. lol. So I asked Alkoholiks opinion on that, and he didn't get back to me yet. So, while I know how to do it, I'm not currently doing it. When I moved from the old Android to the new one, before we made the change, he went in, told the old device to save to the cloud, and then we put the game on the new device. I too, got the intro screen, and what I did was immediately shut down. Freaked out, Went back to the old device hooked up my laptop and copied the whole tablet over manually. THen I hooked up Kies and diid that too. Then I remembered the game didn't ask what to call me, so I went back into the game, got to the start/kustomize screen again, and just hit start without any kustomization at all. that's when my little box asking did I want to open the data for Device A or Device B and it listed the new game with lowest level not much cash or energy, or the old game with all my 6 months of gameplay. I chose the old game and boom, my new device had my old game.
    But that was to a brand new device.

Anyway, to save to the cloud, I would have to go into settings/accounts/backup and reset/ and select Back up my data.

That's the Samsung. But it should be similar for any android. Once I get the ok from either Alkoholiks or my hubby, then i'll be turning on the back up data to cloud option.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    So what do you suggest me guys?
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I had this happened to me before, and I searched for help online. So I click Start without customizing anything, and I was brought to the shop. There I kept re-opening my game, I think it was about an hour before I went in and saw the pop up message to choose between 2 games, my original and the one I just started. I also made sure I was signed into GC, iCloud.

I know most people usually get their pop up message at your page without clicking start. I was taking a big risk then.

Well, this is what I did when I went to the new device. Hopefully since you don't save to the cloud, it's in your device or it's not.
    We can't tell you what to try. It's your device. There is some good advice in this thread, and in this one: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?108690-The-Best-Way-to-Save-Transfer-your-Game

I did what Naimonster did. I read everything I could find on the forum, and then I had to just come up with my plan of action, and I went ahead and hit start from that customize page, a box popped up with 2 sets of data (This sounds awfully familiar, didn't I write this a few posts up?) choose the one with all your data if it's a choice. For me and others, we got the game. For others, they just started a new game.

Nothing is written in stone, it's a Krapshoot. But you have to make choices for your own game. Especially because you don't save to the cloud. Good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I'm so sorry mklove if it was me I'd try to contact glu - that thing people are talking about where you get two options to use this game or to use saved game at the customization stage I'm pretty sure will only happen if you save to iCloud because it's offering you a choice between restarting or restoring the game saved on iCloud. I hope you will get your game back somehow x
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    Glu can not bring back his game. The settings on the device were not set to save to the cloud. So it's not saved there. It's either in the phone or not. I'll go back and double check, to verify, but I'm pretty sure I gave the link for customer care at some point. I thought they were trying to get the game back. 2 of us spoke of our experience with that screen.

But in the end, no one can choose what to do from that screen but the player themselves. Of course, contact glu about the loss of everything.
    I've been told by Samsung that game data doesn't save when you use Kies or another file saving program because it saves only on the device. (and the cloud if your device tells it to)
    I've been told by a tech by trade on this forum that the repeated opening and closing of the game buries the game deeper.
    I know Glu has no way of saving/restoring the game.
    I know mklove didn't save to the cloud (maybe it's there who knows for sure it's not? or even an earlier save?)

I know that when you get to that screen and go forward, you either get your old game back or you don't.

Would you not play for however long it took for Glu to answer and say there was no way to recover the game?

Anyway, MKLove, here is the link again. I think I gave it to you in your threads about the gift boxes, or about not receiving gifts. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble. ;(

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?118762-If-you-are-experiencing-issues-in-KKH-PLEASE-READ
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Koko so basically you used the application "play games" connected with one of your G + account with the "saved games" on. This allowed you to restore your save that was in the cloud. Am I right?

Another question, have you tried using the same account through different devices?

I read that you can play where you left off on a device and continue on another just using the cloud account!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    I just restarted... So unhappy here...
  • Options
    Ok, I always say I went to brand new out of the box devices from old devices. So, we opened the old device game. Made sure everything was there, kissed it goodbye in case.......
    Then we turned on the save to cloud setting, (Ok I gave it to hubby) then we set up the new device with the same google email, google play accounts as the old device. went to the playstore, downloaded, installed the game. opened up and it took me to that screen. i had a panic attack and shut down. Then I remembered it didn't ask me what it should call me, so I wasn't done yet. So I opened up again on the new device, got to that dreaded screen, did not customize, just hit start. That's when the box popped up with 2 sets of data. One was obviously me downloading opening and shutting the game....the other was my old game. I took the old game, and went on my merry way.

I gave those exact directions to Sassy, who was getting a new device. She reset her phone before getting the new one, and that game was lost to her forever. And now, I can't even play with the new one. she's gone purple star on me. This is the extent of my knowlege.

So, yeah, I moved from one device to another without issue. But I was warned by glu not to go back and forth from device to device with the same game. Every case is different. one keystroke can kill it all I guess. I was happy to get my game from one device to a new one without losing my game. So, I'm not the one to give advice on that. I did the Android switch because the tab was old and dying. I did the iOS switch because I was on ipad Generation 1, which couldn't take the Australia Update in late August I believe. My Anniversary is September, so I amassed cash and stuff with side gigs, and waited for my new ipad. Otherwise, I would never have tried it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I just restarted... So unhappy here...

I'm so sorry mklove. You should write to Customer Care, tell them how your whole game was lost. They will certainly restore any purchases that were made by you. I am sorry it happened. On the plus side, maybe this will clear up the problem you had when people gifted you. I would post a new thread in Friends&Gifting. Sometimes the old connections will see you as the purple star, but if you make new connections, the new connections see the new you. if we weren't connections before, please add me.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi koko! Thanks a lot! We are already friends, I see you on my list with your new white hat and purple dress, my name on the game is Alyssa!:)
  • Options
    Oh MKlove the only thing I can wish for you now is luck and patience in your new gameplay.

Koko hope I'm not bothering you, I'm just trying to figure out something together with you so we don't have to see these cases going on here!

This service promises to save the game progress, but to enable it you have to pay, from what I understand is the only way to keep your game in the cloud, did you have it?

https://developers.google.com/games/services/common/concepts/savedgames#client_implementations
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    And do you think I can send to glu the list of the exclusive items I got from the tasks and boxes (without lying) to get them back?
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I doubt it, Mklove. I think they'll only be able to restore your purchases.

I restarted a few times myself for different dopey reasons, and didn't think to try to get my purchases restored. I hope yours are, and then if people gift you...

And maybe there will be something really great this weekend to work towards!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Vats wrote: »
    Oh MKlove the only thing I can wish for you now is luck and patience in your new gameplay.

Koko hope I'm not bothering you, I'm just trying to figure out something together with you so we don't have to see these cases going on here!

This service promises to save the game progress, but to enable it you have to pay, from what I understand is the only way to keep your game in the cloud, did you have it?

https://developers.google.com/games/services/common/concepts/savedgames#client_implementations

Oh, I don't think you're bothering me, this whole unable to save automatically bothers me. And I just go into detail, because I don't want to leave anything out, incase someone makes decisions based on my opinions. lnow, I'm going to go see what that link is about.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    And do you think I can send to glu the list of the exclusive items I got from the tasks and boxes (without lying) to get them back?

No, lets say you bought a 220K Star package, or any game Purchases with money, gift cards, through itunes or google play. That can most likely be restored. I didn't mean to give you false hope.

And you should fill out the ticket, because you did lose the game, and just see what they say. OK?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hey everyone!!!
    I had some gifts over the night and the refundinf of my stars I think (6000 stars) so I try to do the max events to level up... I hope ill be able to do the weekend event...
    Kisses from a poor french girl:(((
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hey everyone!!!
    I had some gifts over the night and the refundinf of my stars I think (6000 stars) so I try to do the max events to level up... I hope ill be able to do the weekend event...
    Kisses from a poor french girl:(((

Glad you got your kstars refund :) Though I know the lost of your hard work and limited items over the months can't compare to the refund.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Glad you got your kstars refund :) Though I know the lost of your hard work and limited items over the months can't compare to the refund.

Of course not... I miss my chanel and celine purses, kendall and kylie outfits that I earned, the andre leon talley outfits that I earned and paid, the easter outfit that I earned, my balmain black jacket that I found in the gift boxes as well as open toe pump and matching dress from the end of the year event, my black glittery dress, my brown dress that is now only in gift boxes, my light gold pumps without strap that was going with everything, my balmain vest dress from Tokyo update... I am super sad... Glu admin, please hear me out!;)
    GC: Malissa 74 1
    Name: Alyssa
  • Options
    Fortunately, Glu says that exclusive clothing items have a good chance of being added to the closet or being re-included in future events so hopefully you will be able to earn some of that stuff back.
  • Options
    Fortunately, Glu says that exclusive clothing items have a good chance of being added to the closet or being re-included in future events so hopefully you will be able to earn some of that stuff back.
    Wowwww? Really?? Where did you see that??? Im so exciteeeeddd:)))
  • Options
    Of course not... I miss my chanel and celine purses, kendall and kylie outfits that I earned, the andre leon talley outfits that I earned and paid, the easter outfit that I earned, my balmain black jacket that I found in the gift boxes as well as open toe pump and matching dress from the end of the year event, my black glittery dress, my brown dress that is now only in gift boxes, my light gold pumps without strap that was going with everything, my balmain vest dress from Tokyo update... I am super sad... Glu admin, please hear me out!;)
    GC: Malissa 74 1
    Name: Alyssa

I am so happy you were given the 6000Stars. I hope that helps start you off. I understand you miss the special items, and I'm sorry you're sad, but I'm confused when you say "Glu admin, please hear me out!" What would you like glu admin to do? Maybe I can direct you somewhere if I knew what you wanted. Glu admin is not here for the day to day. You never know when they'll pop up, so maybe I can get you some help. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary