Options

Weekend Event 5/08/2015 Marvelous Misadventures of a Misspent Mothers' Day

Comments

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Congratulations on the comebacks Koko!!!!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Hi Koko! Haven't seen your greeting yet... Stellan's trying on the new guys' stuff now, trying to make up his mind about the new shoes.

I can't help it, I'm pleased about the dating event. It's been too long since we've had one, and after last weekends non-event, I'm looking forward to this one! And I am a little curious about the adoption agency. I would pay serious money to walk in there and see Brangelina lookalikes sitting in the waiting room chairs.

I want to buy the new update dress, but I'm saving my dollars so that I can perch in the Miraggio and move speedily though this event with its efficient but pricy dates. I haven't even tried the slot machine because I know it would ruin my strategy for the weekend...

Congrats in the second comebacks for your girls! I'm still meandering sooooo slowly upwards after my first one! I'm the slowest thing playing this game. But at least I haven't gotten bored, since I'm getting nowhere fast!

It does seem like second weekend in a row that the host has departed! Maybe we should just party by committee from now on, and not spotlight anybody?
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Hi Vats! Feels like I haven't spoken to you in forever! I had a bit of a health scare this week, and I was laying low and being fearful, but I've turned out to be healthy after all, so now I'm back again!

How was your week? Do you like the event outfit? It reminds me of the Valentines Day jacket, but it certainly is more 70's kitschy. I think LD is the inspiration?

• Options
    Hi Luz !!!

It was an ordinary week, in the game I'm locked in position 151 forever!

I liked the outfit, tomorrow Bort and Vats will take many fancy wine at Oak's!

So you're having a difficult week according to another topic?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Well, to be a major buzzkill, it looked like I had breast cancer recently, and I finally got the help of a next-generation imaging machine in Boston to prove that I don't, that my suspicious tissue is totally benign. But I've been losing my mind with anxiety and taking my poor little family along with me for the ride. So anyway, I'm fine, and I'm very happy to be contemplating the pleasures of pretend celebrity here once again. My entire life has been put into a whole new perspective, though, let me tell you!

• Options
    Oh Luz that must have been a terrible feeling.

I'm very grateful that everything went well.

There are things that come into our lives that truly transform the way we face it.

I wish you to get well and move on!

And also I wish good night is late here!

Until tomorrow, and good luck to all you guys with the event!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Good night, Vats sweetie! Look forward to seeing you in that groove-tastic event jacket later this weekend!

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    I'm so glad it worked out as it did. You must feel so absolutely wonderful compared with the stress and anxiety of not knowing. I'll give the date thing a try. I am in love with those shades. I will stay away from the giftboxes. I have to . 3 games is getting crazy. so, no boxes, just buy what I want. But the dress is soooooo cute. Luckily I got the other Black and White dresses last week when they were on sale, so the other finally got them. So, if I don't get this dress, I can still the basic look. TBH, I even like the one I bought more. So I just have to accept I don't think they'll be selling any special KPics this weekend. I think they went into the boxed. :(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I love the update clothes. I wish his bracelet fit better, though.

image.jpg1_zpsactseeto.jpg

• Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    So, Luz, this will be a glorious weekend for you regardless of whatever this update brings or does not bring. So pleased to learn of your good news.
    ահҽҽ! (1 '▿ `1) ♫ • * ¨ * •. ¸ ¸ ♪ ✧
  • Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    I'm also not going to stress. :) dating weekend is cool but I'm #4 and now the fan cap is even higher ahhhh. I really want to do a comeback! I'm at 368M and 419M seems so far away still. So I think I'll do some partying as well as dating. The clothes are cute. The dating weekend is a little bitter for Jesse, he divorced his wife this week. It's hard for me to do his gigs and keep an in game wifey happy. :p so anyway Jesse is back on the market ladies ;) maybe he'll do some casual dating just to get some of the prizes.
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    Ohh, except white sunglasses, i don´t like this weekend event. I was waiting like crazy to have one based on the other outfit (the black one with awseome highboots and bag, great hair and dress...:() But, have to admit, the guys outit is sooo cute! Love it! Still GLU, thank you for this update and everything!
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • Options
    MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    Julliette wrote: »
    Ohh, except white sunglasses, i don´t like this weekend event. I was waiting like crazy to have one based on the other outfit (the black one with awseome highboots and bag, great hair and dress...:() But, have to admit, the guys outit is sooo cute! Love it! Still GLU, thank you for this update and everything!
    I hope this outfit will be in the gift boxes:)
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    F9LkRMb.jpg
    y8c3nad.png

Looks like the guys have better stuffs this time!
    PM to add
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    This. Is gonna be a fun weekend

Everyone post pics of their dates and your fav dating location

PhotoGrid_1431076193465_zpsy88varv8.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    Earned gift box

PhotoGrid_1431077734762_zpso1qo4zpw.jpg

Andriod player
  • Options
    Hey KoKo,

I'm back and yes, I was absolutely steamed. After a few glasses of wine I simmered down, and then passed out. Lol 🍷😴

We have a weekend event and I'll look focus on that, but I can't for the life of me understand why Glu continues to stage platform roll-outs.

If you're reading this Glu why, for the love of all things Kim K... Why????
    I need the sunnies. Must have, especially now that I'm doing the Blonde with the big white hat look. Luz, have you seen my greeting? Where's Stellen. Sigh, now hottie heaven for me this weekend. Dates with my partners. One is like Cassio, mysterious, flitting in and out of my life, while always dating and sending me little token of affection.

Bulletin - I did it. All 3 games have taken the 2nd comeback. Phew. Hows things here? Our Hostess back yet? Did she seem steamed?

Andriod player
  • Options
    My giftbox was pretty decent. First, 40 Kstars, so I let it ride. Then the bracelet! I like that bag, but I won't chase it.

8949f7bc-cd32-4312-9c63-50d1330ae189_zps3y7xlxlr.jpg

• Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    My gift boxes were awful :( I bought $20 in k stars and I got 2 standard wardrobe items( a black dress and black pants,) the weekend event bracelet, and 3x $4000 cash. So disappointing that there is so much cash in these boxes! Of the 8 squares, FOUR were cash on one attempt......grr. I really wanted the weekend event shoes and bag most of all. The same thing happened to me with Andre's weekend event. Such a waste of real money.
    iOS
  • Options
    Is this breakdown correct?

Total of 400 hearts needed.

1hr dates = 5 hearts + 1 point for each event item

2hr dates = 8 hearts + 2 points for each event item (thanks Naimonster)

4hr dates = 16 hearts + 3 points for each event item

8hr dates = 20 hearts + 4 points for each event item

Andriod player
  • Options
    2 hour dates give 8 heart points

Have been only getting 1/2 hours one
    PM to add
  • Options
    5JNbwRA.png

p00p luck for Jax. There was the hair and bracelet in there and the rest were cash and energy. That one time I decide to open more boxes for him, this happened. Broke and hurt :(

But I used my 100 energy for dates and very close to getting sunglasses!
    PM to add
  • Options
    RubyD wrote: »
    So, Luz, this will be a glorious weekend for you regardless of whatever this update brings or does not bring. So pleased to learn of your good news.
    ահҽҽ! (1 '▿ `1) ♫ • * ¨ * •. ¸ ¸ ♪ ✧

You've got that right, RubyD! I'm good with stuff in general right now... Thanks for your kind thoughts!

• Options
    I'm kinda diggin these shoes...but does the last pic make me look like an inmate?

PhotoGrid_1431084332599_zps4xpybu3s.jpg

Andriod player
  • Options
    Nice shoes and outfits!

Oh and Luz, glad everything's okay for you :)
    PM to add
  • Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    You've got that right, RubyD! I'm good with stuff in general right now... Thanks for your kind thoughts!

Glad to hear everything is OK with you Luz.

Andriod player
  • Options
    Sooooooo... He won't keep his hands to himself, but I kinda like it

PhotoGrid_1431086501870_zpsozbrh4vi.jpg

I love dating at Oak bcuz this one bottle of extremely expensive vintage wine will complete a 1 hour date. No other buttons needed. I'm already working on getting the dress 😊

PhotoGrid_1431086754379_zps8sfnuzn7.jpg

Andriod player
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Luz im praying for you, my dear. I hope all is well.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Well, to be a major buzzkill, it looked like I had breast cancer recently, and I finally got the help of a next-generation imaging machine in Boston to prove that I don't, that my suspicious tissue is totally benign. But I've been losing my mind with anxiety and taking my poor little family along with me for the ride. So anyway, I'm fine, and I'm very happy to be contemplating the pleasures of pretend celebrity here once again. My entire life has been put into a whole new perspective, though, let me tell you!

I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that. I know that had to have been scary for you and your family. I'm glad to hear everything has worked out to be a more positive scenario. I'm sure that the feeling of relief is huge! (Sorry to post on here, but your private message inbox is full. :) )

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    So, I got 50 energy. Not terrible but not that great either. Still, I am happy, since I have gotten $4K for the last few weeks. I prepared myself for not getting any items beforehand, because I haven't gotten an item since March. *sigh* I am going to take it slow and work toward the sunglasses this weekend. I don't care about trying to get anything else. Too much work (and money at Oak ;) ) to stress.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins