Options

Hey, what happened?

LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
Alright, so I've probably been too dismissive of people's complaints about Customer Service since I've been lucky with my game so far. I'm myopic and stubborn.

But I'm starting to realize that people are having frustrating situations. I know Koko has bought a bunch of kstars lately and didn't get them, and there may not be anybody free to help her with it. I have the vague sense that Mklove submitted <seven?> tickets and got no response. Is that right, Mklove? And I know Charli is bummed.

I have had little things happen, like being forced to buy the blue hair color more than once, but I was too lazy to do anything about it. And then I forgot until just now. So, if you aren't like me, and you have submitted an actual ticket and gotten no help, want to describe the situation here? Post your deets.

I know this isn't the FAQ & Tech Support forum, so it might be moved. But there aren't a ton of posts in that other thread over there. Maybe more people will see it here or feel like talking here.

Also, I won't be a j3rk to anybody who posts here.
Luz GC: LuzVarias
Stellan GC: lgordon19

Prev1

Comments

• Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I haven't said anything about this since it hasn't really affected my gameplay, but I don't have a top couples list. I used to have one but then it just disappeared in like February and never came back.
    image_zps4jlpaqdi.jpg
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    I've been a little hesitant to post in this thread, not bcuz of forum mbrs, but I know Glu reads these threads and I don't want them screwing with my game.

Recently, I had an issue with gifts going thru. It took 2 weeks to get it resolved. Once I thought it was resolved, I sent Charli a few K Star gifts bcuz his game restarted. He never got them. I was told my previous resolution was a 1 time exception and my ticket was closed. I will never send anyone a gift again that cost K Stars.

Also, I never received several storylines or Andrè Talley photo booths, and I was told I won't get those either (after going through an extensive checklist Glu asked me to do)

There has been only one time I've never received a response from Customer Support. The 5 day timeframe given in the auto reply is a crock. It's more like 7-10 days range in my experience. That's when the frustration begins, than when you receive a response, it's to get more info from the user (even if you already stated in detail in the original ticket). So you respond with the info Glu asked of you. The waiting games continues for another few days.

When all is said and done the result will be either:
    1. they'll give you K Stars
    2. say it will be fixed in a future update OR
    3. you're SOL
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I haven't said anything about this since it hasn't really affected my gameplay, but I don't have a top couples list. I used to have one but then it just disappeared in like February and never came back.
    image_zps4jlpaqdi.jpg

I remember something like this happening back around October if you want spelunk in the old threads around that timeL I'm not at my laptop now but I'll try and see what I can dig up in a bit.
    BUT that is one heck of a screenshot. if you don't mind I'd like to grab it to play with. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I remember something like this happening back around October if you want spelunk in the old threads around that timeL I'm not at my laptop now but I'll try and see what I can dig up in a bit.
    BUT that is one heck of a screenshot. if you don't mind I'd like to grab it to play with. :)
    Haha of course you can. It really hasn't bothered me that much because I don't date that often
  • Options
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Recently, I had an issue with gifts going thru. It took 2 weeks to get it resolved. Once I thought it was resolved, I sent Charli a few K Star gifts bcuz his game restarted. He never got them. I was told my previous resolution was a 1 time exception and my ticket was closed. I will never send anyone a gift again that cost K Stars.

I have to admit that I've stopped gifting anything for Kstars for the same reason. I tried to send stuff to Eselletea <and even a pair of shoes to Alkoholiks, just as a silly gesture, cuz it's fun for anybody to get the note that you have a gift waiting> repeatedly after the Japan update, but I know it didn't work. The gifting situation seems to be incredibly fouled-up. But again, I haven't submitted a ticket about it. Just reading other people's experiences was enough. I'm horribly lazy.

• Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I have a question. why do I get the feeling that I have to walk on eggshells when I have to mention Glu? Will they seriously mess up your game if you even DARE mention their name in a negative tone?

I always wondered that. Okay so here's my gripe. I think Glu is selfish. There, I said it. Will I be banned? With all the money they are making you would think they would have better customer service but they don't. Ever since I bought Kstars with my debit card, I have been on lockdown 24/7. No more videos to watch for Kstars, bye bye. Thanks a lot, Glu.

is this how you reward customers that spent real hard earned money? Maybe Glu doesn't care, maybe they are laughing their way to the bank. But hon, I'm a poor gal and I barely get by. The little pleasure I get playing this game is almost not worth it.

i am not lazy, I will speak out. I think when you don't speak out is when they think they can get away with anything because you act like you don't care. Well... I care. I want better customer service.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    I've been a little hesitant to post in this thread, not bcuz of forum mbrs, but I know Glu reads these threads and I don't want them screwing with my game.

Also, I never received several storylines or Andrè Talley photo booths, and I was told I won't get those either (after going through an extensive checklist Glu asked me to do)

There has been only one time I've never received a response from Customer Support. The 5 day timeframe given in the auto reply is a crock. It's more like 7-10 days range in my experience. That's when the frustration begins, than when you receive a response, it's to get more info from the user (even if you already stated in detail in the original ticket). So you respond with the info Glu asked of you. The waiting games continues for another few days.

When all is said and done the result will be either:
    1. they'll give you K Stars
    2. say it will be fixed in a future update OR
    3. you're SOL
    Omg. Just reading all that ish makes me mad for you. It's like now my frustration with Glu is peaking.
  • Options
    MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Alright, so I've probably been too dismissive of people's complaints about Customer Service since I've been lucky with my game so far. I'm myopic and stubborn.

But I'm starting to realize that people are having frustrating situations. I know Koko has bought a bunch of kstars lately and didn't get them, and there may not be anybody free to help her with it. I have the vague sense that Mklove submitted <seven?> tickets and got no response. Is that right, Mklove? And I know Charli is bummed.

I have had little things happen, like being forced to buy the blue hair color more than once, but I was too lazy to do anything about it. And then I forgot until just now. So, if you aren't like me, and you have submitted an actual ticket and gotten no help, want to describe the situation here? Post your deets.

I know this isn't the FAQ & Tech Support forum, so it might be moved. But there aren't a ton of posts in that other thread over there. Maybe more people will see it here or feel like talking here.

Also, I won't be a j3rk to anybody who posts here.

Hello Luz, hello everyone !

It is correct, I have opened 1 ticket and sent 7 emails to Glu about my game with every item and look I am missing but no answer so far...

Nothing replaces my beloved chanel bag...:(((

So sad here

Kisses
  • Options
    Hi Zoyechka! It's good to know what you've been thinking about this. I have to answer, because I'm sorry to hear that these things have been bothering you.

I don't think they ever mess with anybody's game, whether in retaliation for anything, or by accident. I don't think they even have any ability to look and find a person's specific game to interact with it at all unless you give them the very long serial number for it that must be found and copied in that special menu within your game. You're basically anonymous to them, hidden inside one of the million copies of their game. <do people have experiences to contradict this? I think we all guard our serial numbers carefully to avoid being messed up by any malicious hackers, as evidenced in the KKH art contest. Nobody wanted to post the serial numbers there in order to be able to claim a possible contest prize, so they had us email our specs privately after the contest ended. Other people, tell us more if you know more.>

They can ban you specifically from this forum if they feel you're being abusive to the people here, but even that almost never happens. If you want to say you have bad opinions about Glu, that seems to be totally allowed. You can say that you think Glu is selfish. I think you just can't go on a tirade of swearing obscenities, or attack another player, or do something else that intensely disruptive. Alkoholiks is occasionally critical about the company, and nothing bad has happened to him or his game, either. He has some glitches that he hates, but he's blamed a problem with the Comeback quest on those issues, it seems like.

I really believe you don't have to walk on eggshells. If some people who used to complain about free Kstars from the offer wall or other stuff seem to be missing, it's because they got mad and stopped hanging out here, maybe stopped playing. The people I miss haven't been banned from this forum, though. You can say stuff about Glu, but you have to say it in a way that you'd normally speak in public; just keep the forum a decent place to be.

Some other people who disappeared from here left because we were all being negative or critical of stuff, and it upset them. That's on us, though. And still, we are allowed to be negative and critical, so they'll have to make their peace with it or stay away. I miss them too. And maybe there's even another group of people who left because they criticized Glu and others defended the situation too strongly. If I ever did that to people, I'm very sorry. Those people also aren't banned, though.

And about the no free videos/offers after the Kstar purchase: that's such a pain in the butt, but I think this one really is just a terrible coincidence. I've bought Kstars too, and the daily free videos worked for me steadily with no interruption from the game's launch, right up until the end of this winter. Now it works randomly, usually not at all. It doesn't make any business-sense for accompany to punish customers by removing perks after money has been spent, and Glu has repeatedly said that they can't control sponsor content or availability of content in the free offer "walls", as they seem to be called. I think the buying of Kstars and the loss of free offers really are totally unrelated.

I don't mean to be negating of anything you feel. I've been frustrated and gone on tirades about this game before taking breaks from playing it myself. You can be critical. Just don't be obscene or cross the line into abusing a particular person, like GluAdmin, or somebody else.

Again, I'm only answering because I felt I knew some answers to what you said, and I wish you didn't have to feel upset about these things, which may be simple misunderstandings. Please write more about this if you feel like it! Maybe people's collected info in threads like this one and the others over in FAQ & Technical support will help Glu continue to evolve their Customer Support system. Whenever I've personally heard from Customer Support <via KK:H_Staff's pm's>, they've thanked us for the feedback and encouraged us to give more in the future. And the last time they said that was after I went on my cranky St Patrick's rants against the difficulty of the game and what I saw as a ripoff with those gift boxes.

• Options
    Just as an FYI... When you submit a ticket, you're asked for your Game ID. Once you provide this to Glu, you're no longer anonymous. Especially if you email Glu from the same email address associated with your forum profile.

This quote comes directly from Glu's Terms and Condition policy:

"The licenses granted to you are conditioned upon your proper conduct and compliance with these Terms at all times, as judged by Glu in its sole discretion and judgment. *We reserve the right to suspend or deny, in our sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Site or any Application."

Please note, I did not stumble across this information on my own.

And if you uninstall and reinstall, your Game ID does not change, therefore, once access has been revoked...no more games for you.

Edit: I don't know if Glu has ever enforced this or not, I just want players to be aware. No one ever reads terms/policies until it's too late.

Andriod player
  • Options
    Okay, that's good to remember. It doesn't mean they'll just reach into your game and get revenge on you for saying stuff here, but if you want them to try to help you with your game, they will need access to it. And they may keep access to it.

Do they actually take people's game way from them, or just ban them from here? I honestly know nothing about that.

Thanks, DMV.

• Options
    Okay, that's good to remember. It doesn't mean they'll just reach into your game and get revenge on you for saying stuff here, but if you want them to try to help you with your game, they will need access to it. And they may keep access to it.

Do they actually take people's game way from them, or just ban them from here? I honestly know nothing about that.

Thanks, DMV.

NP Luz,

It doesn't mean they will, but it does mean they have to ability too. Glu has the right to suspend or revoke access to all or any portion of their Site (forum) or any Application (KKH, stardom, ect).

If I disappear... you know why lol

Edit: I don't want to discourage anyone from reaching out for help from Customer Care or speaking freely on forum. I just want players to be aware of what Glu can and has every right to do. Consider the Terms as "the fine print ".

We can say whatever we want (1st amendment), but Glu has the right to revoke players from the game and forum.

Andriod player
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i'm certain if i gave anyone my details i'd lose access to my game. i'm in fight club. first rule of fight club is we don't talk about fight club. if that makes my opinions invalid you can skip rocks.

that's sorta hard for me because i constantly temper what i say or edit my opinions here. this forum has a different culture then what i'm used to. i haven't been around a place this self stifling since i was an admin of one for a non profit some years ago. that's not on glu that is on us as a community.

the flip side to that coin are all the members here who are fun & entertaining and who give the game a life it doesn't have when just interacting with npcs. that's why i stick around and come back when i get frustrated.

what i've read in this thread and the support section frequently is infuriating. this company made 62.4 million dollars in revenue in the first 3 months of this year alone. Glu can afford a better support system then what they are offering. other then their sh*t ticket system this place is the only official place to voice our concerns.

while they may vaguely address some gripes with improvements in gameplay, they largely publicly ignore the many glitches and issues people post about. clandestine pms from alleged staff members if you whine loudly enough is still sh*t customer service in my book. especially when nothing comes from it.

they need a visible support presence on the forums for all their games. they shouldn't have the poor moderators under siege by angry customers. Koko does her best in the support section trying to put out fires but that's a bit above her pay grade being that she doesn't get paid to put with our sh*t at all.

Glu's bottom line isn't suffering atm but if you keep ignoring your base customers eventually it will catch up. not the folks who download the game, play for 5 minutes and delete it but the people on these forums who continue to support the product in spite of its flaws. welp that turned into a longer post then i intended but their customer service is a disgrace!
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    We can say whatever we want (1st amendment), but Glu has the right to revoke players from the game and forum.
    that's sorta hard for me because i constantly temper what i say or edit my opinions here. this forum has a different culture then what i'm used to. i haven't been around a place this self stifling since i was an admin of one for a non profit some years ago. that's not on glu that is on us as a community.

Well these are quite sobering statements. It's really sad actually. I really like the game.
  • Options
    Its important to remember that tens of millions of people play KKH (not to mention all of Glu's other games) and theres at the most 50 of us active on these forums. Thats less than .01% of the KKH Community.
    If they are listening to our problems, which I'm sure they rarely do, then they're not going to make any rush to fix them when there are bigger issues at hand.
    Instead of spending a lot of time trying to restore one person's game and refund their items, I'm sure that Glu is very busy working on some sort of save system so that people stop losing their game progress

I could be wrong about this but I've always been an optimist and I really hope I'm right.
  • Options
    Alkoholiks wrote: »

Self-stifling: Is the main symptom of this that people discourage other people from complaining? I can imagine that trying to calm someone who was mad could also be seen as stifling. I'll re-think my approach to the place with that in mind. I'm guessing I've personally been 'doing it wrong', as they say.

I'd guess most of us temper ourselves sometimes to keep the peace, but maybe that shouldn't be such a priority.

"clandestine pms from alleged staff members if you whine loudly enough". This statement makes me mad, and I can't even say why exactly. I'm having clandestine conversations? The person has duped me with the idea that they're a staff member? My complaints are read as nothing but loud whining? Okay. Glad you have those feelings out in the air. And now I see how this place will be if people can get it less stifled, maybe?

Well, at least this thread hasn't been taken down, so that's something. I can't imagine if it's even helpful to talk about this stuff after all, or just another way to potentially bother each other. It's been interesting to get a more realistic temperature reading of this place, that's for sure.

• Options
    Y
    Mklove wrote: »
    Hello Luz, hello everyone !

It is correct, I have opened 1 ticket and sent 7 emails to Glu about my game with every item and look I am missing but no answer so far...

Nothing replaces my beloved chanel bag...:(((

So sad here

Kisses

Im so sorry you lost items you worked for that cant be replaced. Unless its an available item, i think its gone. At least for now. I think when tickets go in they are assessed and distributed to different areas as far as importance and while I know it's very important to you by the time you get around to people who want items from the past and a I think when tickets go in they are assessed and distributed to different areas as far as importance and while I know it's very important to you by the time you get around to people who want items from the past and myriad of different questions, these get handled last. Im hoping to be in contact with someone from the dept MAYBE. And I'll put together some brief questions that might help us get help more effectively. Or, ill get that brief list to the right dept. if we can follow the format when sending in a problem maybe it would help them help us more effectively just saying.

Dictated on my tablet I'll correct the errors upstairs on my laptop my purple laptop...Paulie.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Are you signing off as Paulie <so now we finally know your real name?> or are you telling us your laptop is the one named Paulie?

You know, I'm realizing that I'm very out of sync with this place. I tend to be happier when people are having fun, and so I would try to talk people around from being upset. But that's probably not realistic, and if people are really mad about issues with the game, it's probably just been an obnoxious thing for me to do. Good to see how people feel about the culture of the place. I was clueless about how mad people are. My bad. At least I'm finally getting it now. Sorry to be so "me, me, me", but at least I can adjust myself accordingly now.

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Are you signing off as Paulie <so now we finally know your real name?> or are you telling us your laptop is the one named Paulie?

You know, I'm realizing that I'm very out of sync with this place. I tend to be happier when people are having fun, and so I would try to talk people around from being upset. But that's probably not realistic, and if people are really mad about issues with the game, it's probably just been an obnoxious thing for me to do. Good to see how people feel about the culture of the place. I was clueless about how mad people are.

Luz you made me laugh with your first sentence. Ok sorry, I just wanted to tell you that. Out of topic ooops.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Thanks, you! It was nice to hear that at this particular moment.

• Options

You know, I'm realizing that I'm very out of sync with this place. I tend to be happier when people are having fun, and so I would try to talk people around from being upset. But that's probably not realistic, and if people are really mad about issues with the game, it's probably just been an obnoxious thing for me to do. Good to see how people feel about the culture of the place. I was clueless about how mad people are. My bad. At least I'm finally getting it now. Sorry to be so "me, me, me", but at least I can adjust myself accordingly now.

Luz,

Don't change your chipper and sarcastic self please. i think it gives balance to forum to have a rainbow of topics and opinions. Plus you've coached me off a ledge in the Android update thread without even knowing it.

KoKo, mentioned having a "smoking room " a while back and I thought it was a great idea to have a thread where players can vent about what's currently ticking them off about the game. And if Glu can put on their big girl panties and tolerate the heat in that thread, they can make some changes on their end.

I have a love hate relationship with Glu. Kinda like Chris and Kurreuche. No matter how mad I get or how bad they screw up, I keep going back.

Glu, why can't I quit you???? Lol

Andriod player
  • Options
    Hi DMV. While I was food-shopping I remembered that I was supposed to not be a j3rk in this thread, and just let the data accumulate in case it would be helpful. So now I'll do that.

Thanks for your kind words.

• Options
    Luz can't ever change. The thing with the smoking lounge, I think we had one and it's just pages back, but there are problems all over popping up. and when there is a post your problem, just like the suggesiton thread people flood it with such useless stuff, that it's like an email filling up with spam.

I try and send things to Glu, Luz very often tips me off. ANd thank you for that. ((((((Smoochies))))) And this thread has some very valid things. We'll try to stop playing in it, but, maybe that's what will keep Glu coming here. Get the issues out but go back to the thread for the entertainment value. It's like the Radio in the Operating Room.

And Paulie is my Purple Laptop. He talks. At least he used to. Sigh. He loved it when I ran my fingers over his keys. Especially when I had to think for a moment, so I slow down a bit and then as I knew what I wanted to type I'd go faster and ..ok, WHere's that smoking lounge? Oh yeah, so Paulie the Purple talking laptop was a character on my show. It played well on the air.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts

Thank you souch for your kind amswer Koko and thank you Luz to point out our issues about customer service. I really hope that in the future they will come back to me when it will be my time, I trust them and imagine that they should have a lot of mails to take care of... Thank you and let me know if you can get infos from your contacts in Glu!
    Kisses and lets have a great weekend this weekend !!!
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    "clandestine pms from alleged staff members if you whine loudly enough". This statement makes me mad, and I can't even say why exactly. I'm having clandestine conversations? The person has duped me with the idea that they're a staff member? My complaints are read as nothing but loud whining? Okay. Glad you have those feelings out in the air. And now I see how this place will be if people can get it less stifled, maybe?

my sarcasim is not directed at any one player but rather the staff. one on one service is fine but it's not transparent. they should address the issue in the threads and not just once. post updates about the issue. these are gaming industry standards these days. perhaps i expect too much.

hell nobody b*tches and complains more then me. we all should have that right. often i get the sense that "we" can only make a complaint with a smile. ragging on about something for too long is frowned upon. or if you're p*ssed off about something you should just shut up and not upset everybody else.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    my sarcasim is not directed at any one player but rather the staff. one on one service is fine but it's not transparent. they should address the issue in the threads and not just once. post updates about the issue. these are gaming industry standards these days. perhaps i expect too much.

hell nobody b*tches and complains more then me. we all should have that right. often i get the sense that "we" can only make a complaint with a smile. ragging on about something for too long is frowned upon. or if you're p*ssed off about something you should just shut up and not upset everybody else.
    Ok, now I wish this was the sort of forum in which I can positive reputation aka Pos Rep your post. But instead I feel as if it's beginning to feel like North Korea up in here. I feel like we would get poisoned if we even dare complain. Yeah it is total BS. There totally should be transparency in here.
  • Options
    I think every one gets to complain. What they don't get to do is run through the forums like Chicken Little Yelling Strike. One of the reasons I put him on ice for a week, is because I get that he/she was upset, and they're welcome to come back and intelligently discuss their disgust. i'm by nature, the one who lends her voice to a good cause, here I walk a tightrope. But the only way for improvement is throught dialogue and discussion. I'll help where I can. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    None of us are qualified to help in most cases. So all we can do is provide moral support and obviously we will try to calm the person down because there is no point in being mad in something that is out of your control.

We can rant about ****py customer support and all the problems that they're already aware of or we can enjoy the forums and discuss the game. I prefer the latter of the two.
  • Options
    Koko, one of the difficulties about forum stuff is not being able to tell exactly who's supposed to be North Korea here. I don't think we should assume it's you, chica. Think people are pretty okay with you... Let's just all enjoy that comment equally, okay?

And it is true that this thread has derailed from its original intent, which was to highlight when people had dutifully submitted tickets and gotten nowhere with that line of help. That was the thing I felt bad for people about and wanted to bring more attention to.

Clearly Trevoractor has a good idea. Thanks for keeping it on an even keel, man; I can't personally help but prefer that to other attitudes. There's tons of angry stuff to be found in the world, but I think I'll just come enjoy your picnic. How many ladies do you have there right now?

• Options
    Koko, one of the difficulties about forum stuff is not being able to tell exactly who's supposed to be North Korea here. I don't think we should assume it's you, chica. Think people are pretty okay with you... Let's just all enjoy that comment equally, okay?
    North Korea is actually a democratic state where all citizens have a say in the government and the right to vote. (Sorta similar to the U.S.)
    I think you mean South Korea