Options

General Complaints Thread

Comments

• Options
    pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    But like, does the in-game ticket system actually HELP?? Because it's a pain in the *** to use and type in it, i've seen it glitch just non-stop with a ton of my responses (really?? An apostrophe glitch?? its like they're fostering poor grammar and typing). The emails might have taken awhile but at least I knew that they were going through and I could type them quickly instead of on the weird sideways keyboard that never seems to work right in-game.

Bring back the old support system! Sure it took four months for me to get any resolution on issues but at least i GOT a resolution right? xD
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I still need to find my old email reply from Glu and send them the info they asked for. A long time back I suddenly lost a few levels, it was weird. I told them the situation and they wanted to know which iPad or iOS I was using. I thought "I have no clue" and gave up.

I like the Monty Python fish slapping dance sketch, but the cartoons before and after the clip are...weird so I didn't post it.

From the "Grail" Movie the 'taunting' scenes are classic. And of course...'Run awayyyy'...
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    You're mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries. I just love that movie. I'm not crazy about the cartoons either, but so much talent.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    The Pythons were incredibly bright guys, as well as talented. One was a philosophy major, one was an M.D., etc.

I shouldn't be posting in here this weekend, I don't really have any gripes. I like the VIP events because I spend anyway including for energy to complete regular events. At lest this way I get to keep what I spent it on. Lol
  • Options
    Post anywhere as long as it's not a topic thread. Here's my complaint. Why tease us with do this, wait, do that, now do this, and in the end there's nothing? Not a new hairstyle. A new pair of shoes. Something, Hmmmmmm,
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm back! Here's a little sumpthin for everyone who finishes the thing, and gives Kim the info she wants. I personally am not in a position to give everyone a reward, and since we all deserve one.....here ya go.

Rewar3_zpsrmxo2gin.jpg

(yes, I originally misspelled quest, in that other forum we teased that if 72 Days was a Kardashian, how long would a KWest be. Jokes on us, 2 kids later, they seem pretty happy. Kim2 Haters 0. lol.)

But that doesn't change the fact, that completing the quest yields no 'prize' so, if you're not buying this weekend, nothing for you. And that is just wrong.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Yep, Kokes it is wrong. I've only been here for a couple of months but I remember when I first started you didn't have to buy anything. All one had to do was complete quests & you would win prizes like shoes, swimsuits, ect.

now it's strictly pay for play.

In a way it makes it much easier for people with unlimited real life cash, but what about the rest of us? Yeah, it's kinda sad.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    I don't even remember those good old days...it might have been before I started playing. It does seem the game is more and more of a 'money grub.'

I do have an issue with promised prizes not even being in the prize arrays...If you promise a 'chance' at a prize and there is actually 'zero chance' - that's - not kosher.

Two arrays this weekend which had zero 40 K-star event prizes in them:

hPwAD3v.png

and today:

qyaDvZV.png

As for unlimited cash - no such thing - more like debt and Easy Mac in my future...
  • Options
    SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    This weekend's event is over for me. I got lucky with the gift boxes, and I spent all of my stars and got the four "prizes." I had to begin my game from a new device, and have been grinding my way back (well, close enough to) the top. It feels like a hollow feat to have "won" everything. I'm going to the beach now. Michigan weather changes quickly, and I will take advantage of it while I can.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    On the free Kstars if you watch videos thing. Most of us that have bought Kstars know all too well how unfair & frustrating it is to buy our Kstars instead of earning them through videos like most non paying players.

But it's really annoying when someone gets like 300 Kstars just by watching videos & we can't. I remember earning like 50 Kstars through videos just to buy hair.

Why Glu, why? It's like your are specifically punishing paying players for buying your Kstars. It's so unfair. I don't know how many times people have begged & pleaded but please, Glu bring back the videos so we paying players can still get a chance to win Kstars too.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Just to say about the free kstar ads this has happened to me several times and I've been able to get it back by deleting and redownloading the game (then choosing use iCloud saved game). One time it didn't seem to work but I tried it again the next day and it did - but don't lose your games people! Don't want to be responsible for that :(
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I posted this yesterday in the thread of the event, but I think that is valid I repost my thoughts on the progress of this event for us to discuss!
    Vats wrote: »
    This event made me conclude that on Glu just works women who hate men or nerdy guys who hasn't any fashion sense or perhaps that the Kardashians have a horrible taste in men!

There are at least two months we boys don't have a whole set of nice clothes ...

We had some nice pieces like the jackets from Baby Bash and last VIP event and of course Brad Pitt' hair, but they were all in boxes and guess what? I didn't get any of them.

To don't be unfair the items from Glam's event weren't that bad, but compared to what the girls received that weekend made everything seem miserable.

I like VIP events and I'm grateful to receive 1 k-star for each completed gig, but the recent events have things to be questioned.

I must be too dumb cause until now I didn't understand the purpose of the existence of gift boxes at this type of event, supposedly the items of the boxes serve as extra points to grind, right? What's to grind now? Probably the money of players willing to pay for poor quality items ...

Why we received gigs with a timer to complete if in the end there won't be prize or extra points? Only to consume all the energy we have and disrupt our grinding for k-stars or to fill the lack of story lines of the last update?

Glu be nice and less greedy!

Improve male items at the events and change the gift boxes system.

Speaking of boxes:

Daily boxes are cool the way they are, but...

The events boxes should always contain all the available event items and more non-bought clothes or the others that aren't available for purchase in the wardrobe. No k$ and energy, and k-stars only in amounts greater than 40, it makes no sense to pay 40 and get it back! If the player has all the items, should just appear 4 boxes with items of the event as it was in throwback.

About the throwback boxes, they also don't make sense. Why not make an actual sale where we can choose the items that we want.

We're not going to a shop, pay and receive a random item. If the person wants to complete the collection of items no matter how that person will buy everything. But for those who are interested in a few things this kind of policy isn't worth it. And you're missing this type of consumer.

Sorry for the huge and repetitive text guys, but every new weekend is the same drama!

You girls are fabulous with this new hair, I wish to have one like that for my doll too!

I honestly could have earned 4 or 5 k-stars with the amount of energy that I spent with the last gig of the event, and at the end nothing!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    I don't even remember those good old days...it might have been before I started playing. It does seem the game is more and more of a 'money grub.'

I do have an issue with promised prizes not even being in the prize arrays...If you promise a 'chance' at a prize and there is actually 'zero chance' - that's - not kosher.

Two arrays this weekend which had zero 40 K-star event prizes in them:

hPwAD3v.png

and today:

qyaDvZV.png

As for unlimited cash - no such thing - more like debt and Easy Mac in my future...

I feel you PolkaDot, the sets I opened this weekend either had one or none of the event items

PhotoGrid_1438468170062_zpshiluusi9.jpg

PhotoGrid_1438468243582_zpsf2me4fre.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Glu needs to wake up about these gift boxes, it's honestly not fair--it's like their scamming people to buy gift boxes..
    It's pretty lame...
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I don't want to sound rude and mostly don't want in any way to say what people should do with their lives, but I'll be very sincere about the situation of the boxes.

This won't change as you guys keep spending your k-stars on them. Just like that!

Glu is winning right now, so why change?

You don't want 4k in k$, but even though the possibility of you receiving that it's really high you go ahead and buy the boxes ...

In other words you're playing against yourselves!

If you want the situation to really change, just don't support this type of policy.

Again I don't want to incite any kind of behavior here and you're entitled to do what you wish, my words bring only something to ponder because there's no use to complaining about something you support, cause it sounds hypocrite!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    I don't want to sound rude and mostly don't want in any way to say what people should do with their lives, but I'll be very sincere about the situation of the boxes.

This won't change as you guys keep spending your k-stars on them. Just like that!

Glu is winning right now, so why change?

You don't want 4k in k$, but even though the possibility of you receiving that it's really high you go ahead and buy the boxes ...

In other words you're playing against yourselves!

If you want the situation to really change, just don't support this type of policy.

Again I don't want to incite any kind of behavior here and you're entitled to do what you wish, my words bring only something to ponder because there's no use to complaining about something you support, cause it sounds hypocrite!

Maybe this is an indication of 'lost in translation' or a language issue but 'hypocrite' is a really ugly word to call other people. It means worse than just reading a dictionary definition might indicate. It is a very harsh word, for someone who does something very ugly or even criminal and then to cover it up with lies, pretends to be a perfect person. For instance, a preacher, who just stabbed someone to death in the parking lot but is lecturing others about drinking on Sunday.

I have a serious request, can this Hookah Den thread be a place ONLY for complaining about Glu or the game and never about each other? We've already seen how that goes, and Vats last time you stepped in to scold people for the drama and lack of class and now you seem to be attacking other players for how they play. :(

We are not to blame for Glu's decisions. I must ask you - and this is rhetorical - did you play at all since you did not win the "Brad Pitt hair?" Or did you spend even one dime since then?

If so then why lecture the rest of us?

I'm not going to explain or justify to someone who just attacked me and called me a hypocrite, what I do with my own time or money. I can play and still make suggestions for htings to get better.

Besides, I saw this flaw in myself and posted about it only a few pages ago in this very topic - but I only said it about *myself.*

From my post a short time ago:
    I don't understand why it is the way it is now. I must be addicted to this game because I keep coming up with reasons to buy things anyway, so my words must mean very little by now because I don't back them with my feet.

So yes I acknowledged that already - and I'm sure others are intelligent enough to know this also...But it is also true that we only control what we do not what Glu does. I really doubt Glu is sitting and waiting to see what Dot does with her game.

Now I will repeat my serious request that complaints about *each other* be forbidden in here, and this should only be for complaints about Glu or the game itself. Not how other people play. That will only lead to hurt feelings, misunderstandings, and drama, as you even acknowledged in your own post Vats...so you knew that before you posted it. :(

I'm actually very hurt right now, I don't want to dislike anyone here but I also hate being patronized or lectured to. It's just a game. I play it for entertainment. I don't need any drama along with it...
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Obviously Glu doesn't give two ****s about people's feelings really, but it's so sad that they had to turn up the heat and make things feel so cr*ppy. This place is so different than it was a couple of months ago! Blurgh. Who needs it?

We all love you, PDot. Have a pleasant evening once you sign off of the forum!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    <<insert Oprah's ahh-haa moment here>>

Has Glu ignored our cry's for change for so long that now we feel we'll only be heard by turning on each other?

Andriod player
  • Options
    beefcakesbeefcakes Registered Users 25 Posts
    I'm curious about how many people play the game and the rate of them joining and playing. It seems like the rate of people is on the decline, so they are making everything harder and more enticing (with the items and events taking longer). It's insane that you pay 40 k stars to open a weekend box and then there isn't even one of the weekend items in any of the boxes. It's dishonest.
  • Options
    I refuse to respond to anything regarding what I said earlier, so I am just going to move on and vent about Glu and not others.
    Would be great if others could do that, too.

Anyway, I hope that Glu removes the 4k cash from gift boxes without even bothering to put weekend event items in there as well, period.
  • Options
    beefcakes wrote: »
    I'm curious about how many people play the game and the rate of them joining and playing. It seems like the rate of people is on the decline, so they are making everything harder and more enticing (with the items and events taking longer). It's insane that you pay 40 k stars to open a weekend box and then there isn't even one of the weekend items in any of the boxes. It's dishonest.

Millions of players play this game daily. It's probably why Glu could careless abt most of the things we b!tch about here in forum. We are a spec compared to the total number of players.

PhotoGrid_1438479029210_zpsviydxt7g.jpg

Full article https://openforum.hbs.org/challenge/understand-digital-transformation-of-business/business-model/money-from-nothing-glu-mobile-and-monetizing-a-digital-kim-kardashian

Andriod player
  • Options
    Interesting.. now I wonder if the Katy Perry, Kendall and Kylie, and Brittney Spears game will be able to compare.
  • Options
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    <<insert Oprah's ahh-haa moment here>>

Has Glu ignored our cry's for change for so long that now we feel we'll only be heard by turning on each other?

This is what I fear is happening - it's happened at least twice in the topic now and I think it can happen again, because all this frustration has nowhere really to go...I don't want to see that happen. I think it has to be a rule that it can't, or else, it will...it's inevitable.

Nothing good can come of it :(
  • Options
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Millions of players play this game daily. It's probably why Glu could careless abt most of the things we b!tch about here in forum. We are a spec compared to the total number of players.

PhotoGrid_1438479029210_zpsviydxt7g.jpg

Full article https://openforum.hbs.org/challenge/understand-digital-transformation-of-business/business-model/money-from-nothing-glu-mobile-and-monetizing-a-digital-kim-kardashian

Exactly, this is what I was saying too. So while it might make us feel better, and we feel we have a HOPE of being heard - in reality, we will each do what we feel best at the moment in our own games, and if we feel like the good outweighs the bad and we get entertainment from buying chances, we will probably continue to buy them regardless - BUT I hope Glu listens to us anyway, because, the instant a game comes along without these problems, they could see a MASS migration...

I really don't think we should turn on or SHAME each other in the meantime. Now that can go nowhere positive and in a hurry too.

JMO and now I've said my piece and hope the topic will be about Glu & the game from now on. Again JMO.
  • Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »

I have a serious request, can this Hookah Den thread be a place ONLY for complaining about Glu or the game and never about each other? it

I agree 100% and will also ask if mbrs can refrain from defending Glu. This thread was created for mbrs to complain about their frustrations. Let everyone get it out their systems.

Andriod player
  • Options
    OMG... For the love of Pete, if you have an opinion on someone else's conversation / disagreement , please please please express your thoughts in a PM to them.

It is very easy to feel ganged up on here

If you're not helping... you're hurting and making it worse by putting another member on the defensive.

Andriod player
  • Options
    I'm sorry things escalated like this, but we can't snap at each other. Here, you'll never be 'scolded' for sincere disenchantment regarding the game, but we have to be careful not to lash out at our peers, the other players. Frustrations help make tempers run a little hotter, and we have to try twice as hard to make sure we're not sniping at each other. With that, I'm pretty sure tonights flare ups were probably due to the fact that we had an event, with time spaced gigs, and a story line leading us to believe we needed to complete the tasks, after gathering the correct info, to get the prize or payout as we usually do. This time nothing. Did someone forget to program the prize distribution? So, bad move on Glu's part turns this place into a target practice emporium.....complete with hurt feelings, temporary removals, people walking away, and people melting down. A psychologist would have a field day. Or maybe one's on staff evaluating our reactions to adversity. Lol. I'm going to go try and earn some stars. Pm me, if anyone needs me.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I'm sorry things escalated like this, but we can't snap at each other. ...
    A psychologist would have a field day. Or maybe one's on staff evaluating our reactions to adversity. Lol. I'm going to go try and earn some stars. Pm me, if anyone needs me.

15 years ago I studied the virtual community of eBay for my Masters program. Now I'm wondering if someone is studying us?! Lol
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Yeah, when I started playing this game, it didn't feel like I needed to spend real money to get items. My friends and I would gift one another and some random guy with the hack sent us most of the wardrobe, and the "exclusive" items came from timed events that were easy to complete. I don't like feeling like I have to spend money I don't have in order to play the game properly. I wish it went back to how it used to be, where K-Stars were nice to have to hairstyles and pets and the Kim Pick items, but not necessary to enjoy anything.

I play other games where having the "stars" or whatever currency they have is nice to speed things up or buy upgraded items, but I haven't spent a dime in the 5 months I've been playing it and the currency is easy enough to obtain through completing achievements. Like, seriously, we only get 1 K-Star every time we complete a rank of the achievements, despite how hard it is to get some of the higher level ones (like oh, here's 1 star for hitting 12k with your spouse???). I feel like Glu is just getting greedy, and with people caving and paying for stars so they can do these events, they don't have any reason to change. Until they stop getting $180k+ a day, they won't listen to our complaints.
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
  • Options
    ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I pity the ones who have like 20 something energy bolts. Those gigs supposed to close the event quest are such a hassle to complete. Like seriously, 130+ bolts to finish it??? And thank goodness for the golden star, otherwise I might have just stopped the game altogether.

Then again, I probably will soon.
    I joined the forum cause the game started to get boring, i thought it would be funnier to share it with people but things are getting kinda ugly in here, I did not sign up for this :(

Also about the boX situation, maybe we could create a thread, in which we all agree to send Glu an in game ticket with the exact same content, at a specific given time (OK maybe not at a very specific time) like when people want to get a hashtag trending on twitter... And we could reuse it for any topic that we feel like Glu isn't listening ? Of course it'd be great to have more active people in the forum for that.
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio