Options

Weekend Event 09/18/2015 - We don't need any teasers or clues...We have Fashion!

Comments

• Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    I had this happen to me once. Bought a star pack and then the game crashed and when I reopened everything was gone but I was still charged. Instead of waiting weeks to hear back from customer support, I contacted iTunes instead and they gave me a refund within like 12 hours. Might be an option for you if you don't hear back from GLU quickly!

Thank you so much for the idea! I called Google Wallet and they took care of it for me.
    iOS
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Weird, I typed up a long post about the event and what I bought/won, and posted it about 45 mins ago but it is gone?

Someone else already answered the 2nd part of your post. I just wanted to say I saw your post and was replying right under it and it wouldn't let me post for several attempts. I finally closed out of the site completely, came back and tried again. When I posted that time your post and some others on top of it I think, were gone. I wondered what happened. I thought maybe two topics were merged or something or I lost my place? Maybe a site glitch since it kept telling me "are you sure you want to leave the page?" every time I tried to post.

I thought it was just being passive aggressive with me :(:o
  • Options
    CooleenCooleen Registered Users 80 Posts
    I got all the items - except the white dress.
    I have a few Kstars left, so I might try my luck tomorrow to see if I can win it.
    I think it is so pretty!

I love the emerald necklace and earring set! My new favourite jewelry.
    Game Centre Name: ColleenAndrew. - KKH: Cools
  • Options
    TTembTTemb Registered Users 86 Posts
    In my 40 K star box, which I decided to buy just to see what would happen and if I'd get anything in it, I got 50 energy bolts.

That purchase opened the event box though. In the event box, I got the white purse. I like it a lot.

I wasn't super crazy about this weekend's clothes. Red and white, probably my two least fave colors but they did me a favor, because I really shouldn't be tempted to buy K stars right now.

The red gown, there is a flaw in the draping (in my opinion) and, the ballgown and the hairstyle remind me too much of Barbie. The white gown...I like the style but...not a great fan of red or white clothes. Even on my doll. This weekend's stuff will look great on dolls that are not pale or blond though.

So in a way I am happy to have a weekend free of being tempted or the pressure of grinding the game away. Last weekend was a lighter event that way also. Thanks Glu!

Yep totally agree Koko
    My strategy for VIP Events is to open the VIP Gift box (spend 40kstars) for which I got a 40k star box :) then I earned the event gift box and received another 40k stars :) then opened the daily gift box, spent another 10k stars to open another Received a dress and 1,500 and that's when I called it quits So all in all scored 30k stars, a dress, event bracelet and 1,500 and that's that for me Now I can chill for the rest of the weekend and not spend any more money in the game Thanks GLU!
    GC: TTemb
  • Options
    ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    I probably have a very unpopular opinion about the red dress, but does anybody else feel like they literally photoshopped the real life dress's fabric onto the game dress? As in, they didn't actually draw the dress fabric like they usually do with the rest of the clothing.

I think it looks better that way ^^
    TTemb wrote: ยป
    Yep totally agree Koko
    My strategy for VIP Events is to open the VIP Gift box (spend 40kstars) for which I got a 40k star box :) then I earned the event gift box and received another 40k stars :) then opened the daily gift box, spent another 10k stars to open another Received a dress and 1,500 and that's when I called it quits So all in all scored 30k stars, a dress, event bracelet and 1,500 and that's that for me Now I can chill for the rest of the weekend and not spend any more money in the game Thanks GLU!

I usually find a way to get 95kstars by the beginning of the event then i spend strictly 15 kstars to open a box, the 40 to open another, then 40 to open a last one.... but this week I'm not too fond of the VIP items (except the haircut and the red dress for which I'm obviously way too poor), so I'm just going to save up for the next Event ^^

BTW Has anyone completed the event gigs ? I had the choice with taking the winner for a photoshoot og an appearance and went for the latter but he was disappointed, that he was more into fashion... :( Anyone can tell me if he's disappointed in any case or if I really made the bad decision ? What should I chose for the next one, a fashion show (logical, right ?) or an acting gig ?
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    I think it looks better that way ^^

I usually find a way to get 95kstars by the beginning of the event then i spend strictly 15 kstars to open a box, the 40 to open another, then 40 to open a last one.... but this week I'm not too fond of the VIP items (except the haircut and the red dress for which I'm obviously way too poor), so I'm just going to save up for the next Event ^^

BTW Has anyone completed the event gigs ? I had the choice with taking the winner for a photoshoot og an appearance and went for the latter but he was disappointed, that he was more into fashion... :( Anyone can tell me if he's disappointed in any case or if I really made the bad decision ? What should I chose for the next one, a fashion show (logical, right ?) or an acting gig ?

I just finished. I also chose an appearance and then picked the fashion show and he was much more pleased. The reward for finishing all the event gigs is 2 k stars..... Yeah I have no words.
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I just finished. I also chose an appearance and then picked the fashion show and he was much more pleased. The reward for finishing all the event gigs is 2 k stars..... Yeah I have no words.

Thank goodness I chose fashion show too. Is it only three gigs related to this weekend's event?
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) โžก the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvmโ˜บ

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    IlanawexlerIlanawexler Registered Users 130 Posts
    Thank goodness I chose fashion show too. Is it only three gigs related to this weekend's event?
    Yes, the fashion show is the last gig.
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Did anyone did this quest yet? I don't know which fashion designer to choose๐Ÿ˜ž
    shot_2015_09_19_06_29_58.png
    photo hosting
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) โžก the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvmโ˜บ

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    I really wanted to stay with Taylor but I chose to pay up for Kims friend and everything turned out OK. ..

They reward you with a measly two kstars ?? Seriously ??

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Just glad it is a VIP event because I was super busy the whole of today!

I didn't even get time to shop, I intend to spend 500KStars for my girl, and 50 KStars for my guy.

The girl's hair, I like, it's a little similar to how I used to do my hair. Well just a ponytail lol!
    PM to add
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts

I chose the appearance and fashion show also and received 2 K Stars as well.

I don't know what's worse... Getting no K Stars or getting 2
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time ๐Ÿ˜‰

Andriod player
  • Options
    I chose the appearance and fashion show also and received 2 K Stars as well.

I don't know what's worse... Getting no K Stars or getting 2

How about both lol
    PM to add
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I haven't finished yet, but I'm going to push now, knowing I get 2 Stars That's 2 stars more than we got a few times when there was no earner outfit.
    So yesterday, I was done, I'd spent 120 Stars on each game. THen this morning, I don't know, I just bought AppleP a few more boxes, and voila, She got the white gown, bought a black gown, and that got me the hair. Now, I'm sittine here 175 Stars away from the red gown.....should I? THe androids will just be happy with the bracelets, but you know AppleP. Oh, what the heck, there is a great blue dress for 150. I'm doing it.

Happy Saturday. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I was happy to receive 2 k-stars !!!

And today I finally got my first shark sweatshirt from the daily gift boxes!:D

Koko if you have funds I fully support you get the red dress, then post the results here with both dresses I know you'll be fabulous on red and white!
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Well, it will be 4 dresses for Apple. I'm doing it now. Thanks Vats, Boy we missed you. How was your week? ANd, I want to see you in the Shark outfit. Hmmmm, maybe if Luz is around, she'll toss up the sign and we can all do a fashion show with our stuff. Ok, off for the dresses.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    I spent 40 euros yesterday and only got the jewellery... I am very scared from myself to be crazy and stupid to buy another boxes... I dont have a chance right???
    I haven't finished yet, but I'm going to push now, knowing I get 2 Stars That's 2 stars more than we got a few times when there was no earner outfit.
    So yesterday, I was done, I'd spent 120 Stars on each game. THen this morning, I don't know, I just bought AppleP a few more boxes, and voila, She got the white gown, bought a black gown, and that got me the hair. Now, I'm sittine here 175 Stars away from the red gown.....should I? THe androids will just be happy with the bracelets, but you know AppleP. Oh, what the heck, there is a great blue dress for 150. I'm doing it.

Happy Saturday. :)
  • Options
    Two stars are better than nothing but it's still nothing compared to the stars I made when they offered 1 kstar per 5 stars gig!

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    Did anyone get the Kim's pick??

I am tempted because today I did a whole day's of work and I feel like rewarding myself lol.

Hi Vats!! Glad you finally got it, I know you wanted one so bad :D Congratulations!

Hi Koko!! Go get it! Then you have to show us! :)

Hi Mklove!! Go for it if you want it!!
    PM to add
  • Options
    Nope it doesnt work for me... I opened 9 boxes And got the bag..;((((
  • Options
    Aw man it happens... I want the white gown, too.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Aw man it happens... I want the white gown, too.

Well i have exactly 143 stars left which means another round of 3 boxes... But im too scared and will save for future things...
  • Options
    Did anyone get the Kim's pick??

I am tempted because today I did a whole day's of work and I feel like rewarding myself lol.

I didn't but it's not a bad deal... Essentially your getting the outfit & bracelet for 45 K Stars.

I'm curious how much it will be when it hits the wardrobe Mon/Tues.

Andriod player
  • Options
    Koko three is a charm ... four is even better!

I'm in a very heavy week, starting with heavy rain all week and hail destroyed the roofs of houses in my city, September is usually one of the times of year that I like, but this year everything is atypical and yesterday I freaked out because my desktop started giving problem I had to disassemble and assemble it again! Oh no I'm sounding catastrophic, do not worry I'm fine just a little bored! Waiting for Apple P's fashion show!

Thanks Nai here is the result:
    q1Y55cg.jpg

All gray! Did you saw Jax and Vats in ootd thread?

Mklove always be careful when opening the boxes to don't open wounds in yourself after the result. I hope you get well!

Chanrin, yeah would have made much difference have 1 k-star by gig!
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Vats wrote: ยป
    I was happy to receive 2 k-stars !!!

And today I finally got my first shark sweatshirt from the daily gift boxes!:D

Congrats Vats :D

Andriod player
  • Options
    Thanks DMV, today my heart almost stopped because it appeared a new friend on my list and she was very much like Midori including pink hair, but it wasn't you:(
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Vats wrote: ยป
    Thanks DMV, today my heart almost stopped because it appeared a new friend on my list and she was very much like Midori including pink hair, but it wasn't you:(

Why r they doing this to us :(

36014b3acf86de17eb256ee6cf2bef03_zpsb0ect0fd.gif

Andriod player
  • Options
    hang on I got the Kims pick for an Android, because I KNEW they weren't going all in like the Princess. :) brb with a pic
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    OH MY GOSH!!! Holly!!!! Thank you so much for sending me that gift! Now my doll definitely looks like Ruby Rose, ughhhh! I would send you something too but you have every item in the closet, lol. But I really appreciate the nice jester!

2z9e7fk.jpg
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • Options
    Here is Kim's Pick, Jax and Koko were out for a stroll, and the Paps got us.
    KatampJax_1.jpg

OMG, I did it again. I wish I had Vats in my ipad game. But no, it was Jax. (Ugh, I'm gonna hear bout this one.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary