Options

(WWW) As in real life!/ Dress up your Doll as You!

VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
edited November 2018 in KKH General Discussion
FzB5Wkxjpg

Hello stars and starlets welcome back to our Wednesday thread!

This thread was inspired by Sassy that has always been a great supporter of Vats' Wednesday!

Today our dolls will honor the most special people in the world, their owners!

The proposal is that you guys create a look based on something you usually wear in real life and combine this with the Kustumization features do you think are the closest to the real you. Here’s the example:

cfYRCTTjpg

Vats is wearing clothes that I usually wear in my daily life. I have many black t-shirts and like to wear jeans, I have a very similar hoodie to the one Vats is wearing and sneakers always make me feel comfortable. Whenever I'm too lazy to do my hair, a bun solves the problem on stylish way. Unlike Vats I don’t wear earrings / piercings, tattoos or beard. I always Kustomize Vats’ appearance according to myself, so on this point there isn’t much difference, he follows the closest eyes, skin and hair colors and also facial features.

In this thread if you want you are free to create two comparative looks, one with your doll channeling yourself and other as your doll is while you play and you can also post comparative pictures with real life if you feel comfortable.

Let's have fun guys!
Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
Prev134

Comments

• Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I literally squealed when I saw that FINALLY we have On Wednesdays we wear.. and imagine my surprise when I read that was inspired by me - double squeal lol
    THANK YOU Vats, I'm flattered xo xo
    I'll post my look soon :)
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    Such an awesome idea :)

Here's my doll dressed as me.
    My hair is a bit shorter in real life but I usually wear a ponytail or a bun.
    In Autumn I love to wear sweatshirts and cardigans.
    21dk3ms.jpg
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Weeeeeeeeeee, I missed you Vats, and your Wednesday threads!

Love this idea, on certain days I dress my doll as myself too. But I can never get the configuration for facial features right, I guess they didn't create facial features for Asians like me?

On a casual day, this is my doll on the left and the closest look to me on the right. Except, I don't wear heels, I can't. I also don't use makeup, explains the colorless lips. That hair is on point, I have reeeeally long hair now.

Syit1f5.jpg

I'm going to create more looks if possible, maybe for a dressier occasion or formal events.
    PM to add
  • Options
    I think most of you saw my picture months ago in the ootd thread ( my avatar pic) so yeah, my doll looks a lot like me minus the fake tan :D I have gray/blue eyes, pouty lips (that's why I'm dyin for those Kylie lips I missed) and very long light brown with blonde ombre hair. In game sometimes I change my hair color and tan. In real life I wear dresses only when going out on weekends and sometimes in summer at work. My most fav combo is ripped jeans, white t-shirt and heels. I practically live in heels.
    For everyday make up I use only light fond de teint and mascara, no lipstick. I prefer au naturel look :) When going out on weekend nights, I put on heavy make up usually with nude lipstick or eyeliner & mascara with red lipstick :)

So this is real life Sassy's everyday style (at work)
    b7fghi.jpg

And this is Sassy on weekends when going for a walk, coffee with friends etc.
    14j9ted.jpg

I forgot to change my fake tan, sorry :)

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I work from home a lot so I dress pretty casual most of the time. Since I didn't win the Christmas PJs, I couldn't dress her in my typical daywear. LOL.
    The look on the left shows a common Holly: easy hair, no makeup, comfy khakis, patterned top, cute/fun purse.
    The look on the right is typical of how I dress when I work with clients: a bit of makeup (I look great in a red lip), practical yet appropriate shoes, top with patterned blazer or cardigan, statement necklace, nice purse, black pants.

5BD5B12A-3B42-4DED-A3F3-4ED59BC30ADC_zpskcnhya6f.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    First I gotta say that Vats I'm so happy that you brought back your Wednesdays fashion threads. I missed it so much.😀

Hmm...I think that in real life I dress kinda similar to my doll. I'm usually wearing street style clothing and influenced from the city vibes from where I'm located at. I dress up everyday in casual clothing and I only dress up for special occasions. I wear two pairs of glasses in real life since I would considered it to be my signature style. Right now I'm rocking a natural hairstyle look in real life but my doll doesn't like the atrocious afro wig on this game ha

I don't wear makeup like my doll usually does in real life. On a typical day, I'm usually makeup free. My doll and I have the same skin complexion and we're glowing lol

54jdxs.jpg

28k26ua.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I work from home a lot so I dress pretty casual most of the time. Since I didn't win the Christmas PJs, I couldn't dress her in my typical daywear. LOL.
    What?! We had the possibility to win PJs?

Yay! to us, glasses wearers, Carol and Holly!
  • Options
    Here's what I wear to work. Since I work at a bank, I always have to look professional. So not as much cleavage as the 3rd look suggests. xD

24b9dg0.jpg
  • Options

Yay! to us, glasses wearers, Carol and Holly!

I'm glad that I'm not the only person that wear glasses here on the forums.👓
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    This is me on a typical work day, I was actually dressed exactly like that yesterday haha.
    I wanted to show more looks but my phone died, so I'll come back in the afternoon. Lovely thread!
    Screenshot_2015-11-11-12-17-28_zpsfmzmdues_edit_1447241353777.png_zpst0bjulxx.jpeg
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Vats I was so happy to see this thread up. And when I get a a little time, I'm going to upgrade your header. Love today's topis.

Here is my representation. Kat in Real Life. The braids are so close, I do my part on the right, and have just the one braid usually My hair is a little longer, and the color IRL has more of a darker with a hint of red penny. On to the Vulva Shirt (not my name for it) It's boldly purple. Purple and black is my overall look. Plus, I am such a sucker for ruffles. And the pants, I actually have a similar patterned pair of leggings. Designer bag, and boots. Me in a nutshell. Purple Nails, and the heart necklace is very close to two heart necklaces I often wear. Oh, in Real Life the boots and bag would be purple most likely. Although when I find a pair of purple boots, I often buy the same pair in Black, or Grey if it's available. So.....say hello to Kat.
    KatWed_zpsmdbncin9.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Doll Sassy recreating real life Sassi's fav looks of summer 2015:

vxlwyw.jpg

30idv79.jpg

And casual look for Santorini :)

bi3tqx.jpg

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    It would have been great if I could take pic of my doll on the Paris background, but I don't own that hair

jfyb79.jpg

And a younger Sassi, in her hometown, ready to attend a wedding ceremony :)

e84oib.jpg

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm so happy to see all of you here, I woke up a little earlier than usual to come here in the forum to make this thread for all to post on Wednesday in their respective time zones and certainly it was worth!

Sassy I'm drooling here, your days seem always a 'fashion show', I hope you get those lips as soon as possible!

Kate you did a great job and looks very professional, my favorite is the first one that is more comfortable.

Nai I loved the comparison you made between Xan and 'yourself', your hair is probably wonderful, love long hair!

Holly you need tha PJs! OMG we need a slumber party! Ok back to the topic, I think you dresses in a romantic way, I like that!

Carol we share the same taste for casual clothes, cool!

Chanrin I love pink, do you really have braids? I think braids are modern and fun and blend well with colorful clothes!

Speaking of braids Koko, I couldn't read anything after 'Vulva Shirt' hahahaha, but I love your purple blast! We can't miss by choosing something for you, right?

Thank you for the lovely messages and for posting your looks here girls!

I realized through some comments that we need more diversity of facial features, hair color and texture, colors for eyes and skin as well. I hope that Glu can see this thread and think about it!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    I'm so happy to see all of you here, I woke up a little earlier than usual to come here in the forum to make this thread for all to post on Wednesday in their respective time zones and certainly it was worth!

Sassy I'm drooling here, your days seem always a 'fashion show', I hope you get those lips as soon as possible!

Kate you did a great job and looks very professional, my favorite is the first one that is more comfortable.

Nai I loved the comparison you made between Xan and 'yourself', your hair is probably wonderful, love long hair!

Holly you need tha PJs! OMG we need a slumber party! Ok back to the topic, I think you dresses in a romantic way, I like that!

Chanrin I love pink, do you really have braids? I think braids are modern and fun and blend well with colorful clothes!

Speaking of braids Koko, I couldn't read anything after 'Vulva Shirt' hahahaha, but I love your purple blast! We can't miss by choosing something for you, right?

I realized through some comments that we need more diversity of facial features, hair color and texture, colors for eyes and skin as well. I hope that Glu can see this thread and think about it!

Well, I always called it the 'gorgeous purple ruffled shirt' then players started calling it ugly, and named it the Vulva shirt, so I shrug say "I dance to beat of my own drum" and Proudly Wear my Purple VShirt. :) I didn't want to take credit for a name I didn't bestow. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Koko, I love that shirt in purple! I bought it for Steph as well.

Here's in-game Bilal and the real one side by side. :cool:

X9kSIrt.jpg
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    ahahhaah omg Vats, no, trust me, my days aren't always a "fashion show", although I tend to dress up, even for work. I feel good and ready to conquer the world when dressed good :)

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts

Definitely more skin tones. From snow white to chocolate brown, I wish there was a scale where we could tap in between and choose the ideal one.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts

Yesssss we definitely need those!! Yes, I really have braids at the moment so I was THRILLED when they appeared recently!! When I don't have braids I usually wear my hair shoulder-length short and curly, but good luck finding that style in the game :/
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    The real me & my kkh Avatar.
    o7n6v9.jpg
    282jqxk.jpg
    My photo shoot today.
  • Options
    Charli you and your doll are almost identical! :eek:
    Looking great both :cool:

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Here is my avatar styled like me:
    312boe8.jpg

In the fall, I generally wear jeans, a long sleeved shirt, and (brown) boots. I don't have this hairstyle in the game, but this is how my hair is in RL.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    kate, Nothing wrong with a little cleavage to attract more customers :p

Holly, I work from home too! Hi-5. Love your short bob by the way.

Sassy, I totally sense your casual style. White top/tank + jeans bottom. Btw, young Sassi looks different! Wait, why do you sometimes spell Sassi and Sassy. Which is it, are you confused? :p

Bilal, I like how well you coordinated your mustache with your ingame character!

Oh yeah Vats, I noticed you did it way earlier than you usually would. Usually when you post, Wednesday is already over for me. This time it was mid afternoon, it's great.

I totally admire you guys for putting your rl pics out here. I wish I had the courage to, I remember when I was a teen and I put my pictures out in my little blog. My pictures got stolen and appeared on a website for h-orny single men looking for love or just needed to drool at girls' pictures. I got flooded with dirty comments and was stalked online, what a traumatizing experience.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Left is me about 10 years ago when I was a very young. I had a very nice tan (as people always said) since I swim all the time. When I stopped swimming, I gradually turned fairer, and fairer, until my friends said I was the fairest in the whole school. Still sporting the same ponytail, I changed hairstyle in-between but I still eventually stuck to my long straight hair and ponytail.

Mh1pMqA.jpg
    PM to add
  • Options

Yes casual clothing is the best! I would have to say when I wear my sweaters and my sneakers on a daily basis, that's when I'm the most comfortable.

My doll doesn't look exactly like me because she's flawless and I'm only human. Yes my doll and I have big eyes and pouty lips. I have imperfections when it come to my physical appearance. The hair texture is misrepresentation of how my hair looks in real life. I don't like the afro wig on this game because my doll looks like a clown wearing that on.

I wished that my doll's representation was a bit more accurate of how I actually look like in real life.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Naimonster wrote: »

I totally admire you guys for putting your rl pics out here. I wish I had the courage to, I remember when I was a teen and I put my pictures out in my little blog. My pictures got stolen and appeared on a website for h-orny single men looking for love or just needed to drool at girls' pictures. I got flooded with dirty comments and was stalked online, what a traumatizing experience.

Omg Nai I'm so sorry to hear about that! Those men are perverted! They actually posted your pics on dating websites and personal ads⁉

I'm usually posting personal pics on social media. But I'm never brave enough to post my personal pics here on the forums.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Great idea for a thread, Vats! Thanks for starting things up early! I'm home for a holiday, and have a little bit of time to goof off while the baby is napping.

The game doesn't really have my skin tone, but I guess this is closest. I second that idea of an adjustable skin color palette! I have to dress in business-casual for work, so that's mostly what my wardrobe consists of now. I'm much taller and skinnier than my doll, though. I'm a stringbean.
    9557db09-ba3a-452f-8c0b-bda8e75bf0ff_zpsktqn4dvr.png

That is so scary, Nai! I can see why you'd be a little scarred. People can be so awful.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    xxTrinePrincessxxxxTrinePrincessxx Registered Users 157 Posts
    OMG! I love this idea and everyones pictures!! You all look smashing!

Here are some of my remade KKH looks from what I wear in real life:
    2221334D-FBDD-4335-8886-424100C938A3.jpg
    DAB01CAE-7902-48D2-8347-058A2FAEBC48.jpg
    F10374BA-51EE-490F-9A99-5485BC51999D.jpg
    052BB00A-3C87-4DC6-A674-88843591293F.jpg
    E9251A62-3EFF-451B-A3C4-F0DDF4FCB2F1.jpg
    25E5D180-6FDC-455C-9ABE-932356585DC2.jpg
    GC: trineaitken :o 19 year old girl from Norway
  • Options
    OMG! I love this idea and everyones pictures!! You all look smashing!

Here are some of my remade KKH looks from what I wear in real life:
    2221334D-FBDD-4335-8886-424100C938A3.jpg
    DAB01CAE-7902-48D2-8347-058A2FAEBC48.jpg
    F10374BA-51EE-490F-9A99-5485BC51999D.jpg
    052BB00A-3C87-4DC6-A674-88843591293F.jpg
    E9251A62-3EFF-451B-A3C4-F0DDF4FCB2F1.jpg
    25E5D180-6FDC-455C-9ABE-932356585DC2.jpg

Omg you and your doll are twinning!!!

It's just like Sassi and her doll could be twins.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Does KKH have some rule where everyone who plays must be GORGEOUS???!!!

Trine, Sassi, Charli, and Peter.... Wow. Just wow.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens