CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Love the new bracelet
    8953D9B8-D069-4F06-ADA3-D858FCB249D3_zpsnravb2nd.jpg
  • Options
    E2C4A6B5-4067-48F4-9226-BFD7B2845876_zpsrjodkaml.jpg
  • Options
    unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    Spent way wayyyy too many k stars chasing this hairstyle which is a love hate relationship. Glu needs to make their gift box odds better for their loyal spending customers. It's embarrassing to even admit how much money I've invested in this game and how little I have to show for it. But that's an argument that is always a waste of breath. Anyhow happy new year loves!! <3

KKH_Screenshot_1451625200798.jpg

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • Options
    unique123 wrote: »
    Spent way wayyyy too many k stars chasing this hairstyle which is a love hate relationship. Glu needs to make their gift box odds better for their loyal spending customers. It's embarrassing to even admit how much money I've invested in this game and how little I have to show for it. But that's an argument that is always a waste of breath. Anyhow happy new year loves!! <3

KKH_Screenshot_1451625200798.jpg

It could totally be my perception but the odds seem to get better once you have all the non-weekend items like the jumpsuits etc. I'm at that point and my chases don't seem to be nearly as long anymore. For instance I have totally blocked out just how far I went to get the hair I have in my avatar.
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    image_zpsx0qec6wh.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    FURIOUS! Two boxes and two everyday giveaways! Ugly pink-mottled mini dress--thanks, now I have all three or four colors. XXXXXX green handbag. Glu--YOU XXXX! Stopping at having WASTED 80 XXXX bucks today! Good thing, too--I was going to waste yet more. I hope all of your collective Glu New Year 2016 BLOWS. Did I mention I'm FURIOUS?? I DID?! GOOD. Hope you all get a flat tire tonight or your champagne's turned to vinegar. Ugh. Thanks for putting the "happy" in my new year.

Nah bae, it's absolutely fine and was the right thing to do, no question about it. I just can't believe I used 40 stars per box only to receive such lousy items that ordinarily come in the daily free gift box--uglyyyyu pea-colored shoulder bag; and then the same exact shoulder bag in, like, a fluorescent aqua; that pink dress--which would be ok in a *regular* free box....This wasn't nice. It wasn't fair, to put such items in the special 40 K star boxes. People buy them in the hope of getting something special, isn't that the purpose of special event boxes? You're shown all these nice things that you can win, and which you really, really want, but you don't get any one of them. At least put in some of the boxes, I don't know--40 K stars; 50 energy; several of the special gifts we're trying to get and wasting our money on because we're getting flat out beat. Putting regular items in special event boxes we pay extra for is cheating. It's cheating. I feel robbed and upset. Ah.
  • Options
    LindaVB wrote: »
    image_zpsx0qec6wh.jpeg

Wow, this is *so* nice. :)
  • Options
    Hi. Have to ask you all to stop circumventing censored words. If it's one of the 7 words you can't say in broadcasting, you can't slyly put them here on the board. Don't use the S word.....try Poo. We've gotten reported posts because some people don't want to read those words. Please choose better words? Thank you.

Ahh, you are right, and people shouldn't have to find reason to be offended here. I've seen such in other people's posts, and I'm not the least bit upset when I see it, but anyway I think mine is the most recently angry/offensive-to-some post, and I do apologize profusely to anyone who was hyper sensitive to *my* hyper sensitive. Sigh. I am sorry. :(
  • Options
    ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    I don't like how the hair sis on the doll shoulders at all. It should've been positioned on the other shoulder so we would be able to see both the hair and the earrings. It's making me uncomfortable to be honest
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    image_zpsx0qec6wh.jpeg

I really wish they'd kept the fur shrug on kourtney's outfit for us. it's just too waitressey otherwise. I think they went a bit overboard with three bow tie outfits for the ladies th his month. Would have liked to see more variety.
    iOS
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    ARTPOP wrote: »
    I don't like how the hair sis on the doll shoulders at all. It should've been positioned on the other shoulder so we would be able to see both the hair and the earrings. It's making me uncomfortable to be honest

I really hate the hair, though I know others love it. The ends are scraggly and it just looks like one big matted lump of low budget extensions. Even the ombre transition is sloppy. I wish they would give us ombre closer to what the khloe avatar has.
    iOS
  • Options
    ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    AliBryant wrote: »
    I really hate the hair, though I know others love it. The ends are scraggly and it just looks like one big matted lump of low budget extensions. Even the ombre transition is sloppy. I wish they would give us ombre closer to what the khloe avatar has.

Yeah the color transition looks very sloppy and cheap. The hairstyle has potential but ugh glu
  • Options
    kateliciouslykateliciously Registered Users 422 Posts
    I really wish they'd kept the fur shrug on kourtney's outfit for us. it's just too waitressey otherwise. I think they went a bit overboard with three bow tie outfits for the ladies th his month. Would have liked to see more variety.

So true. Top bad they didn't keep the transparency of the sleeves of the gown either. And the shoes just look weird to me :/
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Done! I got a ton of event points and energy from opening gift boxes...

We, one night waitresses at a private bar. Come now!

JAAEjfX.jpg
    PM to add
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    ARTPOP wrote: »
    Yeah the color transition looks very sloppy and cheap. The hairstyle has potential but ugh glu
    So true. Top bad they didn't keep the transparency of the sleeves of the gown either. And the shoes just look weird to me :/

I hate the ombré hair because it looks so stiff and it's not giving me life lol

I also hate it even more because the blonde highlights looks washed-up on the two darker to darkest skin complexions. Ugh! Glu should add an option to change the color highlights on this game.

The outfits doesn't look that festive to me for new year's. I really wanted a earnable sparkly party outfit for my doll. I am so unimpressed with this weekend event. The only thing that I like are the earrings.

The shoes look weird to me too. It looks too wide on our doll's feet.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    That outfit works so much better on a runway, which is after all a stage where everything is larger than life. I don't think I put them on my Goliath Doll yet maybe they'll look better there. Or someday with just the right outfit. I saw someone wearing they dusty blue/grey kind of shoe that I never knew what to wear with before. They remind me of clunky tap shoes little girls wore in old movies with big bows, and platform heals. An odd mix to be sure. Hey, they're not Yeezy's are they?

Happy New Year. my son came home at 5:36, and said "You're still up?" I laughed and said no, I got up about an hour ago. He doesn't understand the body clock of a GluGirl.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Done! I got a ton of event points and energy from opening gift boxes...

We, one night waitresses at a private bar. Come now!

JAAEjfX.jpg

You know, this is EXACTLY the kind of outfit Kim has been known to rip apart and have her team alter it. I can show you outfit after outfit. OMG, she cut up a pink Lanvain dress and turned it into a 2 piece slitght midriff set....we have it in the closet. I could see Kim vnecking the whole front of the dress for starters. What else? How else could that dress have been a hit instead of a miss? Cover it up with big hair? I'd love to lose the bow, but it's couture. sigh.

Amended.....just saw the shoes on the giant doll, and they are very nice.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Is it just me or does the NYE Event slicked back hair look very Steven Seagal? Add the Balmain kimono jacket and I think we have a doppelgänger.

D962A315-79E4-4A26-8324-0405AE6EA97A_zpsvlgatjam.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Phew! Finally, Leave it to the little firecracker Z. She's the galaxy phone and the smallest, but she's the heir to the diva crown when AppleP's head finally explodes. Kind of reminds me of Kylie to Kim. meanwhile the Galaxy Tab, Kat, is just so down to earth, as far as virtual dolls go. Anyway Z is the first to get the outfit. The necklace downplays the nerdy factor of the bow tie. It was either that or a scarf. lol. But I do like it. Just couldn't bring myself to put the shoes on her.

NOT ACTUAL SCREENSHOT. I PHOTOSHOPPED OFF THE TIE

NYEve_zpslm9aho1n.jpg

Well, I like this better, but, can you imagine a sculpted neckline? I might have to play some more. But yeah, I like the Holiday Event Clothes.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Finished the event! The suit is really hard to style since there aren't many purple things in the males wardrobe
    image_zpsdm7hubtd.jpeg

Also, the last event gig with Kim at Times Square was a nice touch and I really appreciated it.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    All finished with a dramatic twist!
    3EA57524-C2E0-4D09-8528-566697179771_zps1men7fba.jpg
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Can anyone tell me the items that were in the holiday gift boxes? Pictures are welcome. Since I didn't get them I don't know what was all in them :(

Thanks!!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    All finished with a dramatic twist!
    3EA57524-C2E0-4D09-8528-566697179771_zps1men7fba.jpg

I love the styling on your doll! It actually looks 10× better with a boa than the bow tie.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    I love the styling on your doll! It actually looks 10× better with a boa than the bow tie.

I agree with Carol! Nice job coming up with an alternative way to style that neckline Catherine. I don't mind the bow tie with the sparkly blazer but it's strange on a glamorous evening gown. Your doll looks lovely!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    There were a total of 6 items for the males 3 sweaters; cardigan; coat and pants.(I miss the cardigan)

29lzskw.jpg

There were a total of 8 items for the females 2 dresses; bedazzled blazer; blue fur; blue tights; glasses; earrings and boots.

2yxni45.jpg
    Sophie
  • Options
    James is happy to have won the rose sweater is feeling rather handsome but Dixie is annoyed by her new outfit because it looks like a waitress. She wore bunny ears since the bow tie reminds her of the Playboy Bunnies.

7C5A5D0C-6E27-443E-92B9-2D54110DA807_zps0kgz70ok.png
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    There were a total of 6 items for the males 3 sweaters; cardigan; coat and pants.(I miss the cardigan)

29lzskw.jpg

There were a total of 8 items for the females 2 dresses; bedazzled blazer; blue fur; blue tights; glasses; earrings and boots.

2yxni45.jpg

Thank you sweetheart!!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    You're going to have to scroll through the Fashion thread that ran from Dec 11th through the New Year in order to identify all the items from the daily holiday gift boxes. There were requests for a separate fashion thread for those items but the idea was vetoed.

It's against the rules to discuss Admin/Mod decisions. If you don't like my decision please pm me and we'll discuss it. A member asked what the items were. If you don't want to provide the requested info, move on to another thread. If you're not contributing anything constructive, move on.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Also, posting something in a thread does not guarantee I'm going to see it. If you request something pm me if you want to be sure I see it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Finished the event! The suit is really hard to style since there aren't many purple things in the males wardrobe
    image_zpsdm7hubtd.jpeg

Also, the last event gig with Kim at Times Square was a nice touch and I really appreciated it.

I love that jacket Trev. You look fabulous in Purple. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary