Options

Weekend Event 4/22/2016 - KK:H Coachella 2016 Party & 5 Star Prrofessional Event

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
KoKHella_zpsnvf0cbp0.gif

Week one of Coachella 2016 had Yeezy suffering from sound problems, that's all I heard about.
But the beautiful Millenials, and pre-Millenials gathered in Indio California to kick off the 1st weekend of
their 17th Annual festival. When the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival began in 1999 in Indio, Calif., promoter Paul Tollett said,
“For Southern California, this could be the start of something really special.” Indeed, it was.

So, let's start the party, with music of Coachella, pics from our favorite attendees in their finery, and just get in the festival atmosphere while we wait for the first glimpse of the weekend clothes and accessories.

It's also the celebration of Passover, the Jewish Holiday that begins on the 22nd, and concludes on the 30th. I asked a few times if someone or a few would like to share the customs and traditions of this observance, and it's not too late to come foreward. Just because someting isn't celebrated in the game, doesn't mean it can't be shared here in the forum. Let's share the customs, without entering into religious debate.

So.......do we know who's opening this weekend at the Festival? Let's program our OWN Coachella Lineup, or....is it the KoaKHella Festival around here?

I know this is brief, I have a hot bath waiting, and think you guys can take this and run while I'm AFK. Let's start out with some fashion. And, if you've attended, share what's it's like. How bout sharing any festival experience, or even your first concert?

Here's Guns n Roses from last weekend.

<span class="_Tgc">
And here are some Coachella Dancing girls.

00-coachella-girls-week-1-small_zpsk5qz5jdj.jpg

Lets get this party started. :)

Aniticipation for this event started early...... Here's what overlapped with this thread.
evilhag wrote: »
Any buzz on what this weekends event will be? I usually hear something by now and we should be getting spoilers tomorrow!

Im so impatient
Fin wrote: »
It's a 5-star gig weekend... just waiting for the teasers biggrin.png
Fin wrote: »
I totally agree! It's also my favorite, especially ones that have earnable hair. I extra grind when it comes to that lol biggrin.png I usually finish these kind of events. The ones I don't finish though are Vip events tongue.png
Keem wrote: »
For once, I'm hoping for un appealing clothing. I wont be able to grind at all this weekend. Oh I hope it's another Kourtney inspired look....

Last week's event thread
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456

Comments

• Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I'm not sure whether I want earnables I like/want for my birthday weekend so I can grind & grab them OR earnables that are nice but not my style so maybe I can spend my birthday relaxing.

GLU, if you really love me this weekend will have long guys earnable hair. PLEASE. I will waste all of my birthday on saturday just tapping away if I must XD
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether I want earnables I like/want for my birthday weekend so I can grind & grab them OR earnables that are nice but not my style so maybe I can spend my birthday relaxing.

GLU, if you really love me this weekend will have long guys earnable hair. PLEASE. I will waste all of my birthday on saturday just tapping away if I must XD

Oh yes I'd want that!

Happy early birthday Andrzej!
    PM to add
  • Options
    FinFin Registered Users 211 Posts
    Advanced happy birthday Andrzej

OMG I'm so excited to see the spoilers. I hope there's earnable hair for both guys and girls :D
    Hi! Call me Fin! Daily KKH and KKG player

KKH:
    Alison Jane: Level 26 A on Android
    Ali Lois: Level 55 A+++ on Android
    Katherine Pierce: Level 37 A++ on iOS
    Maidelle Queen: Level 12 C on Facebook

KKG:
    Alison Jane(@ali_xoxo): Level 11 on Android
    Ali Lois(@ali_lois): Level 22 on Android

PM me for requests.
  • Options
    Khaleesi_Khaleesi_ Registered Users 50 Posts
    I'm excited for this event, I hated everything last week during the VIP event and barely played at all.
  • Options
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »

Did somebody say Birthday?
    Happy_Birthday_Andr.jpg

Ok, NOW it's a party! Any other Birthday Babies this weekend?

Let's roll our our special Birthday Breakfast Buffet..........
    breakfastantioxident.jpg

And coffee is available at the bar.

birthdaybarz_zpsw46njsin.jpg

Ok, so you're not Mao, but I couldn't find them singing Andrzej!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Charlotte AugustinCharlotte Augustin Registered Users 37 Posts
    I really want a throwback event for my birthday, but I guess I need to keep dreaming. I want to ask something. How do people know which kind of an event is going to happen before it was up in the game? & How do they know which items are going to be in the event before it was up? & Is that because of the game files? & If so, how do I get there? And happy weekend you all lovely dolls!
  • Options
    Charlotte, is it your birthday this week or did I miss it? Either way you get a personalize birthday cake, What kind of Cake can I make you? We have a bunch of celebrating to do this weekend.

And, some people are illegally getting notifications early, and each Sunday night or monday morning, they put it on social media, what the next event will be. The people who are posting it here, are just grabbing it from Instagram or something, they're not the ones hacking the game.

Then when the mini update comes (sometime this afternoon) they access a file and post what the clothes will be, again on social media. We used to get teasers in the game, but now that they've stopped, accessing files is how the info becomes available. And, to be honest, once it's out there on the internet, I'm glad we get to see it too.

Now, what kind of cake? We're all getting fat this weekend.

Hey, did you all see the $190 manicure Vanessa Hudgens got for Coachella?

Coachella_Nails.jpg

Personally, I would have gone a little deeper purple, but I love it. (Seriously though, $190 for a manicure? I did the nail salon route, then I got smart and learned how to do my own. Think of all the stars that could buy!

Which reminds me, I really really really hope they do another Mother's Day Star Sale. Last year, you got an extra 25% of stars, so if you bought a 100 Star pack (I know they don't really have hundreds) you got 125 Stars, or you got 25% off the cost of stars, it was a year ago so I dont' recall. But....it was the Mothers Day weekend, and 25% off stars, or 25% more stars for the money. Either way, it rocked, I made out like a bandit, and I hope it happens it again.

Mothers Day Star Sale Mothers Day Star Sale Mothers Day .....oh wait, I guess we should start that chant next week. ok, nvmd. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    No teaser yet?? :(
    I can't wait! I am curious than ever! Hope is good!
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    C'mon weekend event!

I have nothing to do with the game, I barely touched it this week, just open my daily gift box in the morning and go on a date at night! Vats clothes are probably stinking by now lol

Anyway, Happy B'day Andrzej hope you (we) receive a lot of cool hair styles as presents!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Vats, you look striking. Kat dressed up just to look as nice. But Z....she's already dressed for the festival. Come on Vats, dress for Coachella with us? I opened the fashion thread early, I've been forgetting till Mid Friday lately, so Coachella Coachella. The biggest thing to a festival around here were 12 hour parties in open arenas and parks.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Hurry up teasers!!!! Can't wait to see the new clothes.

Happy birthday Andrzej!
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    image_zps1dnfyodg.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Everyone saying that inspired by coachella, earth day, hunstman and I just think it's inspired by nothing just a regular 5-star event that's what the spoiler said it didn't mentioned anything special...
  • Options
    Well, I keep checking for a loading...that's the first step. Then we hit Instagram and other media. I hope people are having fun with the dress for coachella thing till we get clothes lol. I'm seeing some more of that on Insta, would #kkhcoachella work? I added that to Apple's Pic Guess who was there with here?

IT LOADED A MINI UPDATE........................
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Woohoo also got the mini update! The teasers should not be long now!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    Everyone saying that inspired by coachella, earth day, hunstman and I just think it's inspired by nothing just a regular 5-star event that's what the spoiler said it didn't mentioned anything special...

I still enjoy watching the spreading of ideas or things. like this game that is global. As a Communications Major, when you learn how it all began, with a beating of a drum someone heard, to this, putting def beach pics out the last weekend of Coachella, makes me think it's like we're all playing Barbie together.. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    2igc012.jpg
    Sophie
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    YAYYYYYY! The hair is earnable!! <333
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    Thanks, QueenCookie!

Omg earnable hair!

Meh, another long black dress... But wow, that gift box white fur coat and dress is something special :) I think Kim wore that irl? (Apart from her outfit was minus our dolls red underwear showing through lol)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    FinFin Registered Users 211 Posts
    YAAAYYY!!!!! EARNABLE HAIIRRR!!!! :cool:

I don't feel the earnable dress though :(

EDIT: Nvm. I saw the earnable dress and I like it. Thanks Glu! And thanks QueenCookie
    Hi! Call me Fin! Daily KKH and KKG player

KKH:
    Alison Jane: Level 26 A on Android
    Ali Lois: Level 55 A+++ on Android
    Katherine Pierce: Level 37 A++ on iOS
    Maidelle Queen: Level 12 C on Facebook

KKG:
    Alison Jane(@ali_xoxo): Level 11 on Android
    Ali Lois(@ali_lois): Level 22 on Android

PM me for requests.
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Kim's Balmain x Yeezy fur coat outfit! WANT.

The earnable hair is meh. But I guess I'm just spoiled by all these gorgeous event items we've been getting lately. Glu is doing great.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    I really love the earnable dress because of the cape! It's so classy!
  • Options
    Inspiration for this weekend

mw47iw.jpg
    Sophie
  • Options
    Yes to all. I love the hair. THose golden clips I said I would sit and wait for. They're HERE! What else, what else do we have.

ETA: Ok, back and I love it. the dress/fur oh kill me now. I need that. I need that. The things on the way to the hair I could take or lose but I'll love when I have it, but oh no no. Someone's probably not winning the fur. But, one out of 3 is good so If I just play one till I get it, then move on, that might be my new strategy. Oh, and Booties. Mama Loves Booties.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Please remove the bra from the giftbox dress!!!!!
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm afraid that I won't be able to grind all weekend long to get all of the earn ables for both of my games. I will be extremely busy and why is Glu always putting the hair as the last earnable prize⁉

Screw you Glu!!!
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    I'll take it all thank you. Xime is in desperate need of some fashion so I'll take another black dress with gusto. Sometimes people forget that not everybody has 300 black dresses and that newers player diserve some love too.

Let's all love the weekend event. Happy birthday to this weekend babies!!

Edit: Now we need the guy's weekend event!!.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    ticisss wrote: »
    Please remove the bra from the giftbox dress!!!!!

It only shows up like that in the preview the same thing happened last weekend, I believe it's a glitch.
    Sophie
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    ticisss wrote: »
    I really love the earnable dress because of the cape! It's so classy!

I really like the cape, too! So different from anything we have.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    I'll take it all thank you. Xime is in desperate need of some fashion so I'll take another black dress with gusto. Sometimes people forget that not everybody has 300 black dresses and that newers player diserve some love too.

Let's all love the weekend event. Happy birthday to this weekend babies!!

Edit: Now we need the guy's weekend event!!.

Of course, newer players deserve the love too and I'm pleased you'll be building your wardrobe back up for Xime. I just saw a long black dress at first but now that someone pointed out it has a cape and then I saw what it's like irl, it's really classy. And I am very grateful for any new items in my wardrobe! I wasn't meaning to put a downer on things. Good luck for the event :)
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai