Options

Weekend Event 6/10/2016 - Could it Be a VIP? Is there a spoiler in the House?

1234568Next

Comments

• Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    :( such sad news, both about Christina and the Orlando club. I don't understand it when things like this happen, sometimes the world we live in just doesn't make sense. It's tragic and heartbreaking.

Andrzej, I'm so pleased you're safe and well, it's frightening to think you live close or that you could have been there <3
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »
    :( such sad news, both about Christina and the Orlando club. I don't understand it when things like this happen, sometimes the world we live in just doesn't make sense. It's tragic and heartbreaking.

Andrzej, I'm so pleased you're safe and well, it's frightening to think you live close or that you could have been there <3

Yeah, I've actually never ever been to a club before - by the time I was 21 I lived with my family in suburbs away from the city then when we moved again my mother was sick/I had no money for it and afterwards I just never managed to secure a way to get there and/or was feeling intimidated - but I was working up my nerve to go and this very club was the one I had been considering. All of it is SO scary/tragic, especially with this now being the most fatal shooting in US history. It's a shame that the NRA is so powerful that true reform is very unlikely. Mass shootings like this aren't solved with more guns but more regulations and all I can hope is one day for things to be different.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    It's always the same...
    I have developed a Giftboxphobia!
    Screenshot_2016-06-12-20-00-25_zpszpbdowuk.png
    Android
  • Options
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    Yeah, I've actually never ever been to a club before - by the time I was 21 I lived with my family in suburbs away from the city then when we moved again my mother was sick/I had no money for it and afterwards I just never managed to secure a way to get there and/or was feeling intimidated - but I was working up my nerve to go and this very club was the one I had been considering. All of it is SO scary/tragic, especially with this now being the most fatal shooting in US history. It's a shame that the NRA is so powerful that true reform is very unlikely. Mass shootings like this aren't solved with more guns but more regulations and all I can hope is one day for things to be different.

It's absolutely shocking, and while I can't claim to know all of the ins and outs, yes I agree there should be stricter gun regulations. 50 people dead and more in hospital, it's hard to comprehend. And to target people who thought they were out for a night out with friends, I can't even begin to imagine how frightening it would have been.
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Forgot to post this on Friday, I think it's the best deal Maria has offered me to date! These are my favourite NARS lips.

4DCCD5B2-466A-44F3-97C2-E23ED381EDFD_zpsxm9n0ryv.png

Too bad I was Kstar bankrupt :( I almost bought another Kstar pack but I'm so sick/annoyed when I see so many iTunes purchases on my bank statement lately, I'm curbing my spending until the next VIP.

EDIT: I just noticed it says 'buy this mouth' LOL!!! :D
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »

I don't understand either. I just think it's not fair for the people who were innocent :' (
    PM to add
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Lizard wrote: »
    Anyone else only receiving 4h gigs?

I did a 4 hour one earlier and I thought it was odd because I don't think I've ever seen a 4h gig on KKH until today.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Amy That's a mega deal to miss!
    PM to add
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Amy That's a mega deal to miss!

I know, I sort of feel regretful now :(
    Top 20 +++

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I don't understand either. I just think it's not fair for the people who were innocent :' (

So much hate for the innocent ones, very sad indeed! This whole weekend, sigh...

I completed the event, got these from the boxes :rolleyes:

jLBhN8P.png

SNTBcM7.png
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    Just a quick question about the storyline..I unfortunately picked the wrong thief, did anyone pick Tara? Just curious what you got for being correct.
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I think I got 1 K-star and some money/experience not sure how much exactly though. Not a large amount.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    I am very confused about the weekend quest. I had a "Law.." gig at Mirimount, somebody told me to not trust anyone. But there was nobody! The gig ended. Then came the "Law.." party at Panino which I played today, because I was doing reality shows for k-stars yesterday.
    There were 3 people - again nobody spoke to me, the gig ended. And that's it. Were was the story???
    Now back to normal: No more calls from Simon....
    Android
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I am very confused about the weekend quest. I had a "Law.." gig at Mirimount, somebody told me to not trust anyone. But there was nobody! The gig ended. Then came the "Law.." party at Panino which I played today, because I was doing reality shows for k-stars yesterday.
    There were 3 people - again nobody spoke to me, the gig ended. And that's it. Were was the story???
    Now back to normal: No more calls from Simon....

I'm really wondering about Simon not calling you when you complete gigs, and your lack of the NPCs who should've been in your event gigs. Something has to be wrong there. I expect Koko will see this and be able to advise you on how to resolve these problems, Ms. Rumpelstilzchen. Good luck, doll.
  • Options
    Thank you isabeau! Lately nothing goes for my doll. How is your comeback going? I know you have been hesitant. No problems with missing Throwbacks? Do you have storylines and real goals? I don't think I can do a comeback in my situation. I just keep levelling up with the events.
    Android
  • Options
    Thank you isabeau! Lately nothing goes for my doll. How is your comeback going? I know you have been hesitant. No problems with missing Throwbacks? Do you have storylines and real goals? I don't think I can do a comeback in my situation. I just keep levelling up with the events.

Hihihi! Omg, I should've done my first comeback in October! As you mentioned, I was hesitant (8 months hesitant! I know, that's just crazy!) So I started my first comeback last Monday morning before I got sick--I hated the "amateur" runway gigs instead of, say, "professional" or "high profile" gigs. And at $56 kash, it felt like such a huge setback! I got a few 1hr gigs from Simon, and only one job offer each time, but really soon I started getting a choice between two, then three. Still low-end stuff and bad pay, but that changed relatively quickly too. So I started Monday very early in the morning, and you know by the afternoon I was so crazy sick I couldn't play, but just lie there in bed with SpongeBob and Alvin and the Chipmunks cartoons on the TV. Ha. So Tuesday and the rest of the week I could only play when I took painkillers, but--here's the thing: I was feeling a little better Friday morning because my medicines were finally working at least a little bit, and playing here and there I got to A+ list and I was pretty surprised because just under less than a week?? And I couldn't play most of the time?! I can only think maybe it was because I know the game too well(1), so it was easy to make the right decisions. And NQueen got to B+ in a week, and I was like, wow! How did you do that?? Anyway, sadly I didn't get any new NPCs in my game, and I was really hoping for that; I think maybe it's only for Android maybe. So no one was mean to me except for Chad Dylan Parker; Willow, who only said You're not even famous; and as for Crystal Fletcher, she only said something to me about how she was going to a yoga class or something. So Doll R., do this. Because you can. And if a scaredy cat like me waited 8 months!!!, then you definitely shouldn't wait. I really liked roaming around at No. 1 all that time, but I'll be back there soon enough, and I won't wait almost a year to do comeback 2!

I had a bad streak with my doll too, from the posts I read here somehow it happens to everyone. I also was worried I wouldn't get the weekday throwback, but I did. It was a problem fixed super quick--I believe I read in someone's post that you need at least one fan to get it...and happened to notice the comeback started exactly with that one fan. So don't worry about that.

No, unhappily I ran out of storylines a few months ago and have to wait for updates to get anything real, and they only last a short time; there's the three weekend event gigs, and other than that plenty of side gigs; the three SCL gigs, which do show up in your goals section (the first time I saw my empty goals section I freaked out, it was such a shock! haha!); and your reality shows. So I absolutely adore getting weekday events, and I hope they'll continue. Anyway, think it's really good if you can start a comeback with storylines in your goals cache, if you have them, especially because I think you'll get the correct kash payments with those, and you'll get that many more fans each time.

What I did in particular before I started the comeback, and I think it ended up pretty well, was I stockpiled a bunch of kash--I got fans whenever it was announced I'd bought something in the wardrobe with kash and/or stars. I got fans for buying a house and also two pets. Maria finally gave me two luxe goals that were actually good--she must've been delirious on Saturday and Sunday because the first offer was for a top I'd been thinking back and forth about. It had unlocked at my current level of 39 (I'm just a hair's breadth halfway through it), but it cost 50 stars and I didn't think it was worth that. (Curiously I've never seen it on another doll.) So she offered me twenty stars back for spending 50, and since I liked it enough for 30 stars I bought it. Twenty stars back from 50, right?? Still out of her mind on Sunday, Maria offered me 5 stars back if I bought the 15-star Bonsai tree in the Tokyo home, and I always considered it whenever I tapped Emperor Hiro. Since it was the only thing there I hadn't bought in the home and it was a good star return for that price, I bought that too. I rarely buy anything she offers, but these were good, soooo. Those got me fans also, as luxe goals do. A random tip in the forum from Koko several months ago was if you spend some time in your wardrobe trying on this, that, and the other, sometime Ray will announce something like isabeau's hair this, isabeau's clothes that, and you get more fans that way too. I haven't done any parties at all, though simply everyone recommends them for fans, only because I find it boring. So unless it's a party weekend, ah, it's too meh for me. When there's a party event, because I don't ordinarily do them, *then* it's a change of pace and more fun for me.

I think you should take your time deciding, and do what you like, when you like. The comebacks won't disappear. Oh! And also there's the stars you get each time you achieve the next letter level, and I don't remember but possibly when you get to Nos. 100, and 10 also? I'm sorry, maybe someone else knows. But stars are always good.:)

Really, it was a rash decision last Monday morning, something in me didn't even think, it just said GO! Hah.

You take your time, doll. Do whatever you think is best for you, and when it's best.

xo:)

omg, this is wayyyyyy too long! but I like to add in little bits and pieces I haven't necessarily seen before, so whoever likes as many details as possible might have some.
  • Options
    Lol isabeau! The bonsai tree was my first luxe goal ever :-)
    Thanks for your answer, just what I needed. I'm really in the mood for a comeback. But first I have to find out what's wrong and why I didn't get a real weekend quest..
    Android
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    But first I have to find out what's wrong and why I didn't get a real weekend quest..

That's normal! I just did the first quest, the crime show, and the director said nothing. And I didn't receive a call for the party.

Once the time's up for the event, their speech bubbles will disappear and you won't be able to complete the rest of the goals related. They require so much energy, I choose to skip them.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Charli wrote: »
    That's normal! I just did the first quest, the crime show, and the director said nothing. And I didn't receive a call for the party.

Once the time's up for the event, their speech bubbles will disappear and you won't be able to complete the rest of the goals related. They require so much energy, I choose to skip them.

Oooh! It's the first time I waited with the quests, because they take up so much time when grinding for k-stars. That's why.... But usually if there is a time limit they do say so...
    OMG for once I had a real job - and I mess it up..lol
    Thanks so much for your help :-)
    Android
  • Options
    Charli wrote: »

I'm sorry, Bilal, I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, but really it isn't normal. Although we know the event gigs are 6hrs, Simon is supposed to say it each time anyway, just as he specifies 1hr, 3hr and 8hr gigs. And you're right, any gig--regular or event, if there are NPCs there that talk to you and you disappear, when time's up its up and the speech bubbles as well as the blue buttons disappear, and that's it for the gig, a person's finished, willing or not. So if someone's in the middle of actually doing a job and they've forgotten about it, or gone looking for energy, it'll close out. Certain places will lock you out, some just leave you standing there till you exit, while once I was actually kicked out! Suddenly my doll was out on the street outside Oak! Heh. The only times I never completed a gig or didn't five-star was because it got so late I fell asleep. It's happened maybe three or four times, and after that I never let it happen again; if it's too late or I'm too tired then I'm finished till tomorrow. Now, with event gigs also, if they aren't started until the end of an event, and a person's in the middle of one, while they may be able to finish it, they won't get the points or if it's a VIP they won't get the star. And you won't be offered any more gigs that would've followed during the weekend of the event. And if there was a gift of any sort, whether a hairstyle or K-stars, say, then a person won't be given the item because they didn't finish that very last--the third--gig they were in the middle of, or all three gigs weren't done, the player is instead done themselves. The only time I remember anyone getting a gift before the the end of an event was when Kim gave the female dolls the hairstyle with crown at the beginning of the last gig. But still and all, it was the very last of the event gigs. Last, you may have an event gig still in your goals cache Sunday night after the event is over; if you do it afterward, obviously you won't get event points because the event's over.

Hm. I'd prolly better read this over to be sure it makes complete sense as I've written it.
  • Options
    Did the first gig on Friday and kept the party at Panino for today. Not a good idea...
    I only fell asleep at the White Rose Ball in the beginning of the game, a casting for Karl L. Didn't hear from him after that for a looong time.
    Lesson 1: ALWAYS finish with 5 stars lol
    Android