Options

Weekend Event 7/8/16- This was the Week That Wasn't, or Was it? Now Bring on the VIP

124Next

Comments

• Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Charli wrote: »

New furniture, ombre' hair, some gift boxes and Maria offered to buy this yorkshire on a lesser price. :)

RVta4Oj.png

How much does the Yorkshire cost? I can't wait to buy it on the next V.I.P. event.☺
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I said I wasn't doing the club because I wasn't crazy about the clothes....but I couldn't resist. So I said I'd buy the Club. 50Stars? And then the name......The Frozen Kokonut . lol I couldn't resist. Then I bought the Polar Bear 80Stars then the other stuff. I started with the Kash items. the stools, and something, then I just bought it all. I was no well into the home stretch for the pink pants. I saw a friend wearing the new short purple dress. And I remembered I wanted that. And now, I love the pink pants. they are just the right shade. so. I guess everyone's getting the bear. Koko you got more spendin' to do.... :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    hahaha! Spending definitely feels good! I didn't touch anything yet cause I always end up spending more than the needed and this weekend there's no need more than 15 for a box that maybe will give me kash, but I'm already seeing those sunglasses in my wardrobe regardless I don't like them!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    HAHA 'at a girl! So Koko, did you do the 3 gigs after you bought everything in the club? And did you you advance in your achievements??
    I said I wasn't doing the club because I wasn't crazy about the clothes....but I couldn't resist. So I said I'd buy the Club. 50Stars? And then the name......The Frozen Kokonut . lol I couldn't resist. Then I bought the Polar Bear 80Stars then the other stuff. I started with the Kash items. the stools, and something, then I just bought it all. I was no well into the home stretch for the pink pants. I saw a friend wearing the new short purple dress. And I remembered I wanted that. And now, I love the pink pants. they are just the right shade. so. I guess everyone's getting the bear. Koko you got more spendin' to do.... :)
  • Options
    lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Bilal, when you bought the DJ and VIP things for stars, did you also buy the other 2 items for cash? I think one was like tall tables with drinks by the bar, and the other was like a giant clam buffet? :p

I bought everything in there, both games. Have now finished all 3 gigs on both games, and no movement in the achievements for either. I don't know if it'll matter, but in the interest of adding another data point, I'm playing on iOS. Perhaps a platform thing, maybe?

Wish I'd thought to consider which actions I tapped on, as Angeline & Jon mentioned. Guess I'll have to wait a week to test that theory. :-(
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Thanks for the info Bilal :)
    Hmmm... I wonder if there's any specific tapable task triggers the achievement? Just like we only gain points on "hype it up" achievement when taping on the product related tasks. I will try to tap on every task next time to see if it works.

I've gotten exactly ZERO percent for Drink Slinger. When I did the first three gigs there weren't even any achievements listed for them. Then I noticed they appeared in Achievements sometime during the week, and all of mine were at zero. After doing the gigs the second time/week, yesterday, both my Mix Master and Party MC were at 80%--I'm guessing that included what I didn't get last week...? And as for Drink Slinger, I tapped all completely different actions to see what would happen, so Carol, I don't know that that would do anything. And of course they're only available as 3hr gigs so you can't possibly tap every single action. Dunno what's going on here...I think I should also have 80% for being the barmaid. If not, where are the rules for this club then? I screenshot most of--every important detail--the descriptive info from the dude at the door when before I just jumped in and bought it all, and he mentioned nothing about this type of issue.
  • Options
    Well, I'm not going to hold my breath for the sleepover. lol I know though Willow has been less abrasive. I'd like a quest, where we take Willow out shopping for new clothes, get her a full makeover. A whole 3 quest deal, then when it's all over, she pulls a "willow" and trashes us with a tweet saying she got a rash from the 'trash' Koko picked out.

I have to make coffee so PuterHeader smells it and gets up. That way he thinks it's his idea to get up. lol......She who makes the coffee rules the nest. lol. brb Good morning dolls. :)

God, that girl needs a makeover. And the dress--has it ever even been washed or does she just have a whole closet full? Being that she's Willow, she probably just throws each one in the garbage at the end of each day. Hahahaha. As for a three-part quest in "Re-making Willow," oh, there's soooo tons of ways for her to trash us and take all the credit for herself. After she uses the flea powder of course!
  • Options
    Well I don't understand this at all. I am also iOS but I didn't buy the 2 cash items. I did, however tap all the different options with the Hype It Up achievement in mind, but no points toward any of the achievements :(
    I bought everything in there, both games. Have now finished all 3 gigs on both games, and no movement in the achievements for either. I don't know if it'll matter, but in the interest of adding another data point, I'm playing on iOS. Perhaps a platform thing, maybe?

Wish I'd thought to consider which actions I tapped on, as Angeline & Jon mentioned. Guess I'll have to wait a week to test that theory. :-(
  • Options
    bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Drink Slinger is activated when you do a task called "throw bottle in air" or something to that effect. I did that, and it moved. The DJ one there's one called something like Mix master? It's basically like showing off your skills

I got screenshots for the hosting one

This one activated it
    wYHF3as.jpg

And this one completed it
    deUYVug.jpg
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    There's definitely a sequence, so you have to tap all the actions. And I didn't buy the giant clam buffet and other cash stuff. :p
    How much does the Yorkshire cost? I can't wait to buy it on the next V.I.P. event.7¨2

It's 60 k-stars. :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I think that in my case it's really rare for me to win lots of gift box hairstyles. Sigh:confused:
    o6a2ah.png

1fy6n6.png
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Ok thanks Sonia and Bilal. We'll give it another try next week. These achievements will take forever to level up with only doing gigs once a week lol.
    bladeoo wrote: »
    Drink Slinger is activated when you do a task called "throw bottle in air" or something to that effect. I did that, and it moved. The DJ one there's one called something like Mix master? It's basically like showing off your skills

This one activated it
    wYHF3as.jpg

deUYVug.jpg
  • Options
    Hey all!

I decided to finally purchase the jet's pug and got this incredible set of boxes:
    5Dek1u1.png?1

Free from k$ and just one box with energy, wow!

I'm pretty happy that I got the event pants, I just wished that the vest was between the boxes so I could take a chance and try my luck on the same spot on another palette, but it is what it is, that vest is definitely on my wish list in a future throwback!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Congrats on the pants!

I want the vest too, but got burned last week chasing pants so, hmm.
    PM to add
  • Options
    I am getting nothing done today. I baked a cake for Baba and His Girlfriend. PuterHead is at the Zappa Plays Zappa tour, that turned into the cease and desist tour. Frank Zappas son Dweezil has a great band, they do a lot of his songs. His sisters got their panteas in a bunch and sent him a letter "you can't call it that" so anyway, I'm hosting the Sunday night big brother fest. I don't think the SweetiePie gives a fliip about big brother, but they watch together. And Baba is spoiled with the big screen in the den.. so she's here a lot. So tonight I'm making baba's fave mac and cheese, because she's a vegetarian. He'll probably be looking around for his 'dinner' but the cake will make up for my meatless dinner.

I bought the club and for Kat as well as AppleP. But Z is so small, she doesn't need those Hot pink pants. I hope everyone's having a good time. Remember to punch those kreds if you're in a KKH krew. This will be awesome AF when it comes over to KK:H.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    bladeoo wrote: »

This one activated it
    wYHF3as.jpg

deUYVug.jpg

Aha! I tried tapping every different thing that came up for all three of the club gigs, so I did get %es for hosting and DJing, but never got a "throw bottle in the air" hahahahaha! action button. Thank you!!!
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I know this probably isn't helpful anymore, but wanted to share what I got in my boxes this week! As I said a few days ago, I wasn't a fan of this weekend's items. I did like the hair, so I opened a few boxes to hopefully get that. As usual, I didn't get the hair, however I decided to stop after 2 pallettes because I didn't want to risk anymore. Crossing my fingers for a better VIP next time!

IMG_0748.jpg

First Pallette
    Box 1: 40 k-stars (yay!)
    Box 2: weekend giftbox purse (at least it's an exclusive item & won't show up in future throwbacks)
    Box 3: $4000 (gross)

IMG_0749.jpg

Second Pallette
    Box 1: blazer & romper set (I like it, definitely worth 40+ kstars)
    Box 2: black dress (better than kash or energy in my opinion)
    Box 3: energy (worst)

Overall, I wasn't too disappointed! I've definitely had way worse luck than this.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    Sorry you didn't got the hair Katie!

I was at the last hour of the event last night and was happy that I grinded a good amount of k-stars and decided to buy more stuff, I totally forgot that if I kept buying I would get the brown shades lol

Now I have those brown shades in my wardrobe... Well at least now there isn't any risk to get those at a throwback box!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Sorry you didn't got the hair Katie!

I was at the last hour of the event last night and was happy that I grinded a good amount of k-stars and decided to buy more stuff, I totally forgot that if I kept buying I would get the brown shades lol

Now I have those brown shades in my wardrobe... Well at least now there isn't any risk to get those at a throwback box!

Thanks you :). I liked it, but I didn't love it - so I'm not too upset that I didn't get it.

& that's what I always say about event items, it's okay to get them out of the way. You would be way more upset if you opened a throwback box and there they were!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    Thanks you :). I liked it, but I didn't love it - so I'm not too upset that I didn't get it.

& that's what I always say about event items, it's okay to get them out of the way. You would be way more upset if you opened a throwback box and there they were!

Oh yeah I always say that to myself! I grind for everything that I can even for things that I'm not into!

Tip tip, next time you're going to open event boxes, try to open one for palette, sometimes you can have luck and an item shows up at the same box from the previous palette, happened to me couple of times!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Very very true. I'd rather get it in a weekend box, when I know there is a plastic ring among the prizes, than in a throwback when I'm either spending 60Stars or tapping my fingers off for it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Keem, Mindybunny, thanks!!!
    It worked! Because of you I got the hair!
    I wanted to buy so many things: shorts, shoes, pets, dresses, Karl's... everything!
    In the end I got the DJ booth and VIP lounge for my bar "Aurora borealis".
    So happy I opened the right box for once!!
    And my Realityshow "To The Top" made it to the Top 400!
    KKH_Screenshot_1468260914439_zpsmnishoyn.jpg
    Android
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Keem, Mindybunny, thanks!!!
    It worked! Because of you I got the hair!
    I wanted to buy so many things: shorts, shoes, pets, dresses, Karl's... everything!
    In the end I got the DJ booth and VIP lounge for my bar "Aurora borealis".
    So happy I opened the right box for once!!
    And my Realityshow "To The Top" made it to the Top 400!
    KKH_Screenshot_1468260914439_zpsmnishoyn.jpg

Box 3 was on fire for the hair this week... I'm so glad you got it!
    It goes so well with a casual look! Love yours!

qyXXdaa.jpg

This braid makes a lot of old forgotten clothes work again! The power of a new hairstyle <3