Options

Problem with Midweek Event 8/2/16

ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
Mine showed up, I did two reality shows in Calabasas, then I opened my first box and won a halter top, then the event totally disappeared. Strange. I would send a ticket but I just can't right. It's way past my bedtime and I got work tomorrow. I'm kinda mad right now but too exhausted to care.
GC: Zoรซ Strange
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Copied this over from the Event thread. If anyone has any issues with the event, please list them here along with your game info:

Platform/ OS Version / Device / Level in Game / Gender in Game /
    Brief Description of issue . Sorry for this inconvenience.

And - It's frustrating that I can't remove the darn smiley face from the thread. Tech issue.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    I don't have the event at all.
    iPad Air 9.3.2. Female, level 44.
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I didn't get the event at all.

โ€ข iPhone/iOS 9.3.3 (most recent update)

โ€ข 5S I think. Whichever's the better "5," I don't remember

โ€ข Female

โ€ข Level 41 (and a 1/2; Why not be thorough??)
  • Options
    I've notified Glu about this issue, and sent the link to this thread. Anyone not getting the event, please post your details here, and know we're looking into it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    iOS 9.3.1
    iPhone 4S

My game is fully updated. I even got the Balmain clothes. Still no event. :(
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • Options
    I'm waiting to hear back. Please hang on.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Is it time to walk away now and never look back...?
  • Options
    I'm waiting to hear back. Please hang on.

Hey Koko, any word? I'm at the point where I'm wondering if this is intentional....Only WolfandButler and me?? Weird, I know, but what else is there to think; no one else is saying anything, you know...? Well, Mani, below, did, and Zoe lost hers. This is strange to say the least. Thank you, K, as always.<3
  • Options
    When I hear anything, you know I'll post it. :( Sorry you're going through this.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I don't have the midweek event. I did receive the Balmain clothes.

iPad mini
    Female character
    Level 47
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Angeljen621Angeljen621 Registered Users 18 Posts
    No event STILL!!! 10 and a half hours later
    This is ridiculous
    Kim k Hollywood game
    iOS- version 9.1/ iPhone 6 / level 53/ female
  • Options
    Any idea what's going on??? Are we getting this event or not ??! This is crazy
  • Options
    Best guess is that it's intentional. Let's just move on instead of wasting our time with obnoxious entities, dolls, and not allow ourselves to be treated as guinea pigs. <3
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Best guess is that it's intentional. Let's just move on instead of wasting our time with obnoxious entities, dolls, and not allow ourselves to be treated as guinea pigs. <3

I don't think it's intentional. I have the event in one of my games but not in the other. Both are running on the same version of iOS and played on an iPad.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    I don't think it's intentional. I have the event in one of my games but not in the other. Both are running on the same version of iOS and played on an iPad.

Hi Holly. The reason I think it's intentional is because it never takes the more than 12 hours(!) it's so far been, to fix a problem like this. Also, I don't have the new Balmain--do you? As you can see below, W&B does.... It's weird, too, because my game updated last night. I don't know what to think at this point; it's out of character for them not to have fixed something like this by now. At any rate, I'm just going ahead and doing my ice club gigs; SCSD; and SCL stuff, plus side gigs when I get to them. Wondering if there's going to be any kind of compensation for this, but doubting it.

EDIT: I still wouldn't put past them randomness in who's getting the event and who's not. It is, or was, apparently in writing somewhere, that they had every intention of doing midweek events in such a manner, "trying out" different ways of presenting throwback events or whatever the heck it said.
  • Options
    I understand your frustration, but please take the unnecessary stuff to a discussion thread or start one specifically. For all we know, they're already here accessing things, and tbh, when we have a thread like this in FAQs and Support, it's to gather info so the Dev Team Glu Gods and Gurus can see patterns and things. The musical interlude was cute, but not here. We want help not a party, right? Thanks, I'm deleting a few, thanks for understanding.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Usually when games don't get an event it's because of one of two reasons:

1) there is a problem with the platform (ie affects all iOS users, or all android users, etc)
    2) the game has been 'flagged' by glu as hacked

It's clearly not #1, which leads me to believe isa is correct about this being intentional. Which is why I AGAIN ask for a Glu staff member to contact me via PM. I am happy to show my receipts and prove to you what a huge fool I am to have spent so much on a game that clearly doesn't value me as a customer.

I'm so upset. They only gave us one throwback box this event and at this point even if they do fix my game I still won't have enough time to reach the final box. So I am deprived of an opportunity others were granted, through no fault of my own.

And still radio silence from Glu.... :(
  • Options
    I'm so sorry this is happening. Has anyone submitted any tickets to Customer Care since this began?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RosychiqRosychiq Registered Users 4 Posts
    I didn't get the event at all either. I haven't tried to submit a ticket because I assumed they would have fixed it by now. But let me try and see what happens.

iOS version 9.3.3/ iPhone 6 / level 37/ female
    Instagram - Rosa.kkh
  • Options
    I can't believe this as well I also have spent a lot of money on this game I never and do not have any heat or hack and I never received my event I have been waiting and checking for as well. Never had it taken this long to fix so I assume I
    Will not be getting it I can really use some stars I was hoping to open in those boxes for weekend boxes I am extremely frustrated this wasn't fair at all. I would think I'm a valued or priority customer due to spending money I don't even have on this game.. I wrote glu over 24 hours ago actually 32 plus hours ago and no response I do not understand why only select few do not have it. I am on iOS version 9.1 on an iPhone 6. I really hope for some kind of compensation if I can't get the event... At this point doesn't seem likely.
    Jennifer Angelo
    Game Center ID: angeljen621
  • Options
    Ok, I haven't heard anything from Glu, but on one hand bear in mind what we all thought when the FAQs changed on throwbacks. We were basically told to expect the unexpected. On the other, if it were intentional, wouldn't a larger portion of forum members have been affected? We all thought FB platform was dead, and as players were deciding to switch platforms or walk away, they got updated.
    What we know for sure, is that we don't know anything for sure. But I am very sorry this is happening.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    IF this is something that was planned by Glu, that only some players get the event and others don't, it would really suck. I mean, several of us not having the event have put down TONS of money on the game, just to see many hacked games get it. I was contacted by a moderator and they got access to my save files, so I doubt it was planned like this.. I don't know cause I haven't heard back. It just sucks, and it's unfair that we still don't have the event, even if there was only one throwback box.
  • Options
    Ok, I have heard back from Glu, and the situation is as follows:
    They investigated the situation and it turns out that it's not a glitch.
    They designed the system so that players who have a certain percentage of the prize items would not get the event (which would prevent players from working hard for no rewards or lackluster ones).

This design meant that players who had many of the prize items would not see the event at all, and players who got items which put them over the threshold would see that event disappear. Of course, this design is not ideal.

However: "We have already changed the way the event works and will release those changes in the next version."

Remember that Glu is committed to letting us have as many chances to get throwback items in the future, through similar events, and through other means.

"Some players may not have got all they wanted from this event, but we will definitely let them get those same items in the future.'

They are sorry for the confusion and thank you for your patience.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Wow that is horrible especially like I said and someone else said, I have spent a lot of money on this game!!... I personally have no hack and I seen people with hacks get this event! That is extremely unfair I have hardly any stars so watching people with over 1000 get 40 from boxes is not right at all. Because I have items In which I played this game countless hours to get & achieve and because I spent real money means I can't earn stars I desperately need for weekend events, or energy many others received to be able to complete tasks. I don't see why we couldn't do the event, Also I am missing many throwback items I have a little wish list for the ONE box they offered this week. That is absolutely sad to me that you get punished because you support a game and company so much! And others get rewarded. I don't even know if I'll play anymore, definitely not spending the money that I don't even have to begin with. What a shame. I just got to watch so many Instagram and Facebook friends share all the stars they collected in their boxes and I could never complete a VIP event even if I received 40 stars in all 4 boxes. If that's how they want us to just spend more cash that was actually low. I'm surprised. Not angry with you I appreciate you letting me know what happened since no one else has. And I wrote them 3 times but I'm extremely frustrated. Not anything against you.
  • Options
    I know I'm only the messenger here, and believe me, I understand the need and productiveness of letting it out. Glu does read and truly appreciate the feedback. The thing that was comforting was the fact that they acknowledged it wasn't right and are changing that. The game is fluid, evolving, and as awful as this felt to those who missed it, they are coming up with new ways, and improved ways of getting the oh so valuable items to us.

Last time this happened, I was in the 'why didn't I get it' segment, and some of you missed out both times. All I can offer is my sympathy, and hope that the next incarnation of a throwback event works out better for all of us.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    This is complete bull, Glu. I have never even been close to quit the game, nor do I complain a lot about it cause I love it so much, but this. This makes me seriously think about it. Why "punish" the ones that put most effort, time and money on the game? It's so unappreciative to us. I understand that they are changing it with the next update, but someone still added this feature in he first place and we won't get any sort of compensation for it. S*itty move, Glu.

Thanks for letting us know, Koko. <3
  • Options
    FrantasticFrantastic Registered Users 32 Posts
    ***?

I had none of the prize items, and I wanted the hair so badly. I only won 1 or 2 of the items, then the event disappeared.
  • Options
    I also do not have any of the new prize items I have received the one outfit from last time they had an event with those same boxes the black shirt and pants I love it but I'm so upset. I want that hair real bad as well I was hoping I would get this time as well as that little red dress one I could have won other stuff I just don't believe they made it so I couldn't play. I'm guessing we won't get any events now this month... Someone on Instagram said next week there's a show your style event. I guess I'm putting it down for the month. Sad. I really enjoy it. Guess back to family feud. I really needed Kstars. I have an iTunes card I bought the second I got money for this weekend event, to see if and how many stars i will need after I thought I'd open some boxes with a good chance of getting stars - and the rest I would buy that's how dedicated I am to this **** game everyone was complaining about the boxes and how only one was a throwback well I need stars and I was actually happy to see those boxes. But I guess it's done I'll stop complaining but I agree with you all!! And I absolutely feel punished.
  • Options
    I'm sorry Frantastic. The game gets us very emotional. From love to hate at times. I think the game is ground breaking. The fact that they developed a virtual game of dolls, that recreated in a lot of us, the great feelings we had playing with 'fashion dolls' growing up. Like welcoming back an old friend.

We're always clamoring for improvements and new features, the Developers wowed us when they rolled out the Krew feature on KKG, and I'm sure they're immersed in bringing KK:H things like that, things we never even imagined. So, they tried something and it had faults. They put it back in the think tank for correction. I think for every aspect that doesn't work, it gives them the info they need to fix, improve, and better the game for all of us.

Those are my honest thoughts about it. And the fact that they recognized it didn't work, and are already making corrections for the next one gives me encouragement that this was a bump in the road, but there's a great big ice cream cone right around the corner.

Again, I'm sorry for those affected, hate to see anyone left out and sad (reminds me of when they picked teams in Gym). On the good side.......the new weekend event starts tomorrow, and I'm always excited when that happens. We'll get the teaser sometime today, and I hope that helps to smooth some of the unhappiness you're feeling right now.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I feel punished too. There's nothing like the game you've invested so much time and money in telling you they don't believe you deserve the same fun opportunities the majority of other players do.

Plus, I feel very confident in saying that players who have more event items than I do got the event while I didn't. So putting aside the fact that the logic behind this decision is discriminatory and unjust, it is obviously flawed in execution. I absolutely do not have "almost all the items". Not even close.