Options

Weekend Event ~ 9/2/16 ~ Ready for a 5Star Weekend? It IS Labor Day After All!!!

1235Next

Comments

• Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I've never seen a midweek, when the weekend event was extended. But look at it this way, It gives us a little break. People were still grinding I'm sure till the end last night, and a new event starts in 3 days....not so bad, and it gives us 3 days of Anticipation.....imagination.......and projections. :) Rumors have it that this weekend is a ....hmmm. what was the 'rumor' again? I'll look around unless anyone else knows what it was. We were talking about how we could use a VIP, but the rumor was a professional followed by.....? Not enough caffeine. I don't think my brain is engaged yet.

Considering that they have all the NYFW banners up in the game AND that NYFW starts on the 8th I can only hope they will do a 'show your style' as, otherwise, making note of fashion week seems odd/out of place. I would personally LOVE a SYS event too so fingers crossed!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I have to be honest. With no way to earn the time down from every 4 hours for a possible win, I don't think I will do another sys. Just revisit the thread from the last one, and the agony will come back to me. to wait 4 hours, to possibly get 10 Event points...I just hope they've been overhauled. The concept it great, but those events are not for me. If I lose consistantly, and I don't pay stars to cut down the wait....Lose all and get 15 points every 4 hours. You need 40 rounds to reach 600. 40 rounds with 4 hours per round...160 hours. the event would have to go on for 6.67 days.

If you win each time, it's 25 points every 4 hours. That would require 24 rounds, at 4 hours per round.....96 hours or 4 days. Someone check my math? That can't be right. lol. I could use my appendix right now. 600 points to complete divided by 25 points for a win (20 points plus 5 for entry) 24 rounds. Next I'd multiply by 4 hours per round, that's 96, divide by 24 hours in a day is 4 days. Where am I going wrong? I thought if we take the time if you lose each round, and the time if you win each round, we can estimate it will be somewhere between the two. But the days needed each way just don't make sense. Comeon, someone must have their math brain intact. (and I even used my stoopid calculator!) Anyone?

I'm hoping they bring Fashion Week into the game through gigs. A whole weekend of gigs pertaining to Fashion Week.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Cherry_cokezCherry_cokez Registered Users 116 Posts
    I've never seen a midweek, when the weekend event was extended. But look at it this way, It gives us a little break. People were still grinding I'm sure till the end last night, and a new event starts in 3 days....not so bad, and it gives us 3 days of Anticipation.....imagination.......and projections. :) Rumors have it that this weekend is a ....hmmm. what was the 'rumor' again? I'll look around unless anyone else knows what it was. We were talking about how we could use a VIP, but the rumor was a professional followed by.....? Not enough caffeine. I don't think my brain is engaged yet.

Yeah I think I want an event with VIP involved :rolleyes:
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I have to be honest. With no way to earn the time down from every 4 hours for a possible win, I don't think I will do another sys. Just revisit the thread from the last one, and the agony will come back to me. to wait 4 hours, to possibly get 10 Event points...I just hope they've been overhauled. The concept it great, but those events are not for me. If I lose consistantly, and I don't pay stars to cut down the wait....Lose all and get 15 points every 4 hours. You need 40 rounds to reach 600. 40 rounds with 4 hours per round...160 hours. the event would have to go on for 6.67 days.

If you win each time, it's 25 points every 4 hours. That would require 24 rounds, at 4 hours per round.....96 hours or 4 days. Someone check my math? That can't be right. lol. I could use my appendix right now. 600 points to complete divided by 25 points for a win (20 points plus 5 for entry) 24 rounds. Next I'd multiply by 4 hours per round, that's 96, divide by 24 hours in a day is 4 days. Where am I going wrong? I thought if we take the time if you lose each round, and the time if you win each round, we can estimate it will be somewhere between the two. But the days needed each way just don't make sense. Comeon, someone must have their math brain intact. (and I even used my stoopid calculator!) Anyone?

I'm hoping they bring Fashion Week into the game through gigs. A whole weekend of gigs pertaining to Fashion Week.
    I just searched the last Show your style event thread, and confirmed my assumptions. Your calculations are actually correct but for a show your style event we don't need 600 points. The last time it was 210 event points for the last item.

So with that number assuming you lose every single time you'd need 14 rounds, that's 56 hours, and that would be 2,3 days.

Assuming you win every time it's 8.4 rounds, is 33.6 hours that's a little over a day (1.4 to be exact.)

Now assuming we have a healthy sleep pattern of 8 hours... When you lose every time you'd need 3.5 days, so that's impossible.
    Assuming you win every time you'd need 2.1 days so that is possible. The middle of the two would be 2.8 days so I guess its achievable in theory but not really in praxis.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Thank you so much. I knew the math was solid....but right. Much less points.So, I knew I was right on one hand, but wrong all over. lol.

Ok, you've just cut down significantly on the grueling aspect...but I gave everyone a good laugh didn't I? I still want a VIP though. I want to buy things, and if Maria isn't calling with a deal on the Rome Home, then at least let my stars go towards something.....ala VIP. ;) But any event is great.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Oh, and the sleep patterns. I'm a light sleeper, except when I'm not. heh heh . But here's my trick....good for your body and good for the game. I drink a lot of water before bed (hydrate ladies and dudes) and after about 3 hours..or 4 or 5, but sometime in my normal sleep routine I get up, freshen up ahem, and then submit a new look, and go back to bed. The amount of water you consume, is determined by how soon you can submit a new look. If it's two hours.....tank up. If it's 4 hours...then one nice 12 ounce tumbler should do the trick.

THe other possibility is set your alarm, but that always wakes up other people in the household, and you have to explain you interrupted your sleep to play the game. My way....hey...nature called you and you alone. ANd while you were up, you just 'happened' to advance your gameplay. It's multitasking doll. So....hydration, elemination, and tappification. Anyone wakes up tell them to go back to bed and stop monitoring your bathroom habits.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Cherry_cokezCherry_cokez Registered Users 116 Posts
    There is a mid week event!! Show your style event and some of the throwback items to buy and sale items :)