Options

Weekend Event ~ 9/9/2016 Mystery Wheel of Events KK:H Weekend

1235Next

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I actually lurk more these days, trying to keep a lower profile. SO, for me that means posting like a normal person instead of posting like a dozen people rolled into one. Lol. Weekends are spent doing things for the boys, and actually staying up their butts making sure they fix things, and making sure they do it right.
    ( don't put the hammer on the tile floor, put it on the carpet. You're not taking that apart on my kitchen table are you? put a towel down. )
    Making sure they don't damage the house while they're fixing things. Then there's my favorite… I grab a hammer and grab a stepstool and I act like I'm going to do something. It gets them up so fast and over there doing it for me. So weekends are often spent Tricking my family into doing chores around the house, cooking, and watching things here.
    ;)

plus I'm trying to earn as many Stars as possible. I would have a list of things I want to buy for the next VIP but then I spend so much in the gift boxes that I forget to get some of the things on my list. So what do you do do you follow your list or do you just run wild with the gift boxes? How often do you go over 500 Stars between Gb and Wardrobe & other purchases?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    I actually lurk more these days, trying to keep a lower profile. SO, for me that means posting like a normal person instead of posting like a dozen people rolled into one. Lol. Weekends are spent doing things for the boys, and actually staying up their butts making sure they fix things, and making sure they do it right.
    ( don't put the hammer on the tile floor, put it on the carpet. You're not taking that apart on my kitchen table are you? put a towel down. )
    Making sure they don't damage the house while they're fixing things. Then there's my favorite… I grab a hammer and grab a stepstool and I act like I'm going to do something. It gets them up so fast and over there doing it for me. So weekends are often spent Tricking my family into doing chores around the house, cooking, and watching things here.
    ;)

plus I'm trying to earn as many Stars as possible. I would have a list of things I want to buy for the next VIP but then I spend so much in the gift boxes that I forget to get some of the things on my list. So what do you do do you follow your list or do you just run wild with the gift boxes? How often do you go over 500 Stars between Gb and Wardrobe & other purchases?

Omg, your "trick" is the cutest thing ever. I should really try that....
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Thanks for the scoop Vida :) I grinded out enough stars to complete the event and now I need ice for my arm LOL!!
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    Hey SugarK I just finished. The first gig is you choose either to walk the runway in NYC or Paris, I chose NYC. the next is you choose a photoshoot between Popglam or Glamm, I chose Glamm. At the final gig I got a bonus Kstar when I started the gig from Misty. However I don't think your choices really affect anything...
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Hi guys!! I exercised amazing restraint this week. I spent only 15 kstars to have a crack at the free box. In the free box, I got 40 kstars and decided to call it quits. I like the items, but not enough to chase anything. This will be the first week in a really long time that I have zero items from a weekend event!

Oh, but I did buy a starter pack for my new guy's game ... and then I decided to buy a couple pets for him, open a few boxes ... and, well ...

RVp0mT1.jpg
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    For the first time a game makes me cry

Screenshot_2016-09-12-01-03-49_zpsupotpjuf.jpg

I am just so burned out. After spending too many kstars chasing hair the past week, and the 30 for the midweek event, I spent all weekend grinding.
    I bought the St Patty's shoes for 80 kstars because I thought I will probably never get them, too many times I have missed them and they don't show up in the palettes any more. Practically worked all weekend for them.
    I was hoping so much for the hair.
    Here I am again with the usual energy giftbox, crushed.
    I can't even be happy about the shoes, just feeling empty and disappointed.
    Android
  • Options
    For the first time a game makes me cry

Screenshot_2016-09-12-01-03-49_zpsupotpjuf.jpg

I am just so burned out. After spending too many kstars chasing hair the past week, and the 30 for the midweek event, I spent all weekend grinding.
    I bought the St Patty's shoes for 80 kstars because I thought I will probably never get them, too many times I have missed them and they don't show up in the palettes any more. Practically worked all weekend for them.
    I was hoping so much for the hair.
    Here I am again with the usual energy giftbox, crushed.
    I can't even be happy about the shoes, just feeling empty and disappointed.

I'm so sorry, babe. I know the feeling, and it's really awful. Keep saving. A better hair is going to come along, one twice as nice as this one, and maybe by then, you'll have gotten so much junk "prizes" that you'll be overdue for hitting a good one, i.e. the hair.
  • Options
    Thanks maxrockatansky!
    This could have been "the day when I got the fatsuit", or the last ruffled blouse. At least something to remember.
    40 kstars for a little energy or kash is so unfair.
    Android
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Event is over, and it looks like the throwback items that were introduced for sale are now staying in the wardrobe for purchase. But the 2015 black mesh ****tail dress that I already owned, but showed with a price during this event, STILL has the price on it. Will this be fixed in the 9/19 update? It was my understanding that it would be corrected at the end of the event.
  • Options
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Event is over, and it looks like the throwback items that were introduced for sale are now staying in the wardrobe for purchase. But the 2015 black mesh ****tail dress that I already owned, but showed with a price during this event, STILL has the price on it. Will this be fixed in the 9/19 update? It was my understanding that it would be corrected at the end of the event.

Eggsandbananas said with the next update, I think!
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Eggsandbananas said with the next update, I think!

Yay! Thank goodness. So excited for this next update!
  • Options
    I saw my items still for sale there. At first I thought they'd be back where they belong, then I too remembered Glu said it would be fixed with the next update. I'm eager to get my squirrel shoulders and the 2015 dress back.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    lol at Koko's trick! That wouldn't work for my mom for sure!

Max your guy doll looks amazing with the new do! What's his name? Is he dating Skylar? Or are they siblings? Or they are siblings who date each other(like Luz&Stellan, miss those 2)?

I'm so sorry Rumpel! I've been there too. Hope you can get that hair somehow in the future as I got my hair last week.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I realize this is late, but I waited all weekend for Maria to call with a good Luxe goal. She didn't, so at 15 minutes before the event ended I bought a sale hair (with the gray beanie) to open the gift box:
    MPOMEpE.png

Since I wanted that hair (and the earnable bracelet) I opened two more boxes. Energy in both! I couldn't believe it. So I opened just one more, and...

aSmcuFS.png

I kind of wish I had opened my second usual box, since I would have gotten the booties, which I like. Oh well, at least I got the hair! And since the event was ending so so soon by now, I took that 148 energy and grinded off a bunch of Calabasas reality shows while it was still VIP so I could get some K stars.

So here's Everly in her new hair & bracelet, plus the dress from the TB grind midweek

dEONRMr.jpg
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    Thanks Vats! Had kind of a breakdown, too much grinding.. &
    PTGSS ( Posttraumatic Giftbox Stress Syndrome). LOL

Everly, congrats on the hair, you're looking fabulous! #krew
    Android
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Congrats for getting the hair haftime! Your KKH's Everly is rocking it!

Rumpel this is genius! 'PTGSS' I'll start a petition to that be included in the next DSM!

#krew
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    lol at Koko's trick! That wouldn't work for my mom for sure!

Max your guy doll looks amazing with the new do! What's his name? Is he dating Skylar? Or are they siblings? Or they are siblings who date each other(like Luz&Stellan, miss those 2)?

I'm so sorry Rumpel! I've been there too. Hope you can get that hair somehow in the future as I got my hair last week.

You know I really haven't figured it out, Vatsy. I just wanted a guy so that I can change his clothes and make him more customizable. But his name is Sloane! At least I have that much figured out, haha. I still wish so very much we iOS people could play with Android people so I could see you and your new flowing locks in my game.
  • Options
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Yay! Thank goodness. So excited for this next update!

I'm not sure if you've seen the other thread yet, but if you update your game (from the app store), the missing clothes glitch should be fixed! For girls at least..
  • Options
    I am so dumb sometimes. Ever since the first time I saw your name Maxie, my first read was rocket so we teased about me calling you MaxRocketintheskywith Diamonds, and just got to know you. PuterHead was looking at a post I was showing him, someone's outfit and while he feigned interest, he said "Oh a Mad Max fan." and pointed to your post. The freakin light bulb went on over my head. I feel so dumb. Ok, but now that that's over.....sniff sniff. I miss Rocket Girl. Sigh. It's like when you mishear lyrics and can't think of them any other way. So, how long? 9 months and it never hit me? lol. Smh.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I am so dumb sometimes. Ever since the first time I saw your name Maxie, my first read was rocket so we teased about me calling you MaxRocketintheskywith Diamonds, and just got to know you. PuterHead was looking at a post I was showing him, someone's outfit and while he feigned interest, he said "Oh a Mad Max fan." and pointed to your post. The freakin light bulb went on over my head. I feel so dumb. Ok, but now that that's over.....sniff sniff. I miss Rocket Girl. Sigh. It's like when you mishear lyrics and can't think of them any other way. So, how long? 9 months and it never hit me? lol. Smh.

Koko!! I just saw this. Hahah. You are too cute sometimes. Yeah, Max Rockatansky is the main character in all the Mad Max films. But you can still call me Max in the sky with rockets or Max rockets in the sky or whatever you want! I call myself "The Unbanned" these days, myself.

Almost time for a new weekend thread! I have no idea what this weekend event is going to be, do you? I think maybe reality shows.
  • Options
    No idea. I would love a clue. Otherwise, I think I'm making 3 sets of graphics tonight. lol. I'll see what fun holidays we have this weekend if any.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, let's brainstorm. We had

We had......

June
    July
    August
    September

6/03 Reality
    7/01 Reality
    8/05 VIP
    9/02 5 Star

6/10 VIP
    7/08 VIP
    8/12 5 Star
    9/09 VIP

6/17 Party
    7/15 VIP
    8/19 Dating
    9/16 ?

6/24 Anniv 5 Star
    7/22 5 Star
    8/26 5Star

9/23

7/29 Party

9/30

So, what do you think? Notice the last time we had a 5 Event month, we did have 2 VIPs in a row. And we do have the Balmain & Limited TB Sale.....think this week could be VIP?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Ok, let's brainstorm. We had

We had......

June
    July
    August
    September

6/03 Reality
    7/01 Reality
    8/05 VIP
    9/02 5 Star

6/10 VIP
    7/08 VIP
    8/12 5 Star
    9/09 VIP

6/17 Party
    7/15 VIP
    8/19 Dating
    9/16 ?

6/24 Anniv 5 Star
    7/22 5 Star
    8/26 5Star

9/23

7/29 Party

9/30

So, what do you think? Notice the last time we had a 5 Event month, we did have 2 VIPs in a row. And we do have the Balmain & Limited TB Sale.....think this week could be VIP?

I definitely wouldn't be surprised to have a double VIP event set of weekends. Why else have the sale right now with throwback items that lasts until 10pm EST?
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    LOL Koko I'm just seeing this post too :p I clued in to her name right away but I was kinda surprised no one else seemed to mention it :p Must not be a lot of mad max fans in the forum :p
  • Options
    It's all how you separate the syllables. I have this nasty habit of dropping vowels, so rockat became rckt and sky I got rocket & sky. The aging of Max was a little confusing. Not nearly as confusing as trying to figure out Star Wars episodes. so if you binge watch them.... max is mid twenties, then when he should be 40ish, they drop him back down to 20s?

Ok, if it's not VIP, what do you think? I'm kind of hoping it's VIP, I can use the sleep. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Okay so I dreamt of KKH once again. (I might have a problem).
    In it we were having a VIP event this weekend, but all the clothes that were for sale weren't there anymore (so you couldn't buy them).
    The earnable items were all accessories, one being a tattoo choker necklace (the ones from the 90s that are kind of making a comeback), I forgot the second item and the third item were diamond earrings (but really tiny stubs so they didn't really look special at all). The gift box items were a blueish dress and the rest I forgot (nothing to write home about though).

Now I have to add, so far I have not discovered any psychic abilities in myself :D I don't think any of my dreams came true so far (very glad about the one were I was on the Titanic!)...
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    We haven't had a reality event in a while, so I'm kind of leaning towards a reality event! But a gut feeling is telling me it's VIP. So I'm kinda between the two.
    Can't wait for Koko to start a weekend thread ;) (lol I don't know if it's too early still)
    But I'm very exited for Kalinda to kindly post some spoilers for us, I'm dreaming of that platinum blonde hair from the update banner, and preferably for it to be earnable (Not VIP earnable) that would absolutely make my year. #agirlcandream
    In terms of the outfits we could get I'm thinking, the outfit from the banner, so the black dress and Rome inspired bag + hair obvi
    And I'm just thinking that hair is probably inspired by the Milf video so maybe one of the outfits Kim wore in that video????
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • Options
    urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    I would loveee if we got the banner hair and clothing this weekend although I really can't afford another VIP yet so I'm gonna hope for a reality show event.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0