Options

Show Your Style - London Fashion Week

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    How do u completely close out the game on ios ive tried waiting and going back in but still nothing

double tap home button and swipe up the application
    PM to add
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I found this week simple is better. I've won with little accessories vs. trying to dress up my outfit a bunch.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I was exercising when I got the notification that the results are out. So I briefly went in to check if I won or lost, I won, hurray.

The timer on the side is for the sale which is about 111 hours at the point of time
    ndwzROf.png

I did not enter another competition, wanted to take my time with that and also pick out an award look for Koko first. So after the exercise and shower, like 1.5 hours or so later, I opened my game and again got 20 points for winning. I went to closet to pick out the award look, came back out and got another 20 points. I went back in to closet to fix the competition look and got another 20 points lol.

Timer says 109 hours
    HTcvJgs.png

I just kept getting 20 points over and over nearly every time I changed screens. So, Jax completed woohoo!

7i0jC9G.png

I don't know how or why this happened, I had to eventually close out my game entirely to stop receiving points lmao, wish I could give some to you guys or Xan.
    PM to add
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Also, I thought I would share some tips for winning the votes. I don't win every single time, but I do win a lot lately, and these are some things that have really helped me:

Hair: I find that hair is extremely important in your styling. Picking a nice hairstyle that was exclusive so that not many people have it (like a giftbox hair from a weekend event). This often persuades people to vote for that look, versus a hairstyle you start with/bought from the closet.

Accessories: I find that making the outfit as different as possible really works well, too. For example, this weekend I'm seeing a lot of plays pair the cardigan with plain pants, and then just a pair of shoes, and maybe a necklace - neither of which are pieces that stand out, though. I like to go for tights because not many people use them!

Pants: I've seriously voted against so many pairs where the players are wearing almost the exact outfit - cardigan + dark pants. This forced me to try something different, so I've been going for skirts.

Here is my example: Hope this helps!

IMG_0955.jpg
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    Finally got the skirt. I'm about 36 points away from finishing so I'm pretty confident.

I've been using mostly skirts and shorts as well. I find it's a nice contrast with the sweater. A unique hairstyle is a must - plus I play around with the color depending on the outfit. Like if I think it looks better with black hair I'll go with that vs my normal light brown. I also try to pick shoes that I haven't seen others wearing, just because I notice those types of details when I vote. I've been seeing a lot of dolls with mismatched earrings or wearing a bracelet that overlaps the sweater. Drives me crazy. I also rarely vote for outfits where the shoes are overlapping the pants. That's my biggest pet peeve! I wish we had more options where the pants were just a liiiiitttle bit shorter so the higher laced shoes don't interfere.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    My girl game got the event but my guy game did not. He didn't get the sale nor the SYS event. Anyone else having this problem?

Trixie got earrings in her TB box. I hope she gets the fangs next. As soon as I saw them, I thought of Nai! I hope you get them!

lets see if we can find out for you. Do you want to post in support, or just give the basic info here and I'll try to get you an idea of why. Just platform/ is version maybe level and does he have most of the items, did he ever miss the event before?

I'm sorry he's missing it.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    That is freaky Nai. but a nice glitch nonetheless. I think it time for new rounds for me. ;
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Thanks for the advice peeps. I usually keep my outfits simple and stylish, without overloading on accessories, usually with a theme/idea behind it.

I also think that having special hair/etc, that is coveted by other players gets you the vote. I've been wearing the blonde 'do from last weekend cos I love it and it goes well with the cardigan.
    One of the things I do wonder about though - do people have an aversion to certain doll faces? I've noticed that not many girls have the same face as mine, and I wonder if that counts against me i.e they don't like my face. lol.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I wish I had the glitch, cause I missed a round for 3h during the night (I was hydrated!) and this morning I came late 40min to another round, that means I missed an entire 4h round... I lost just 1 round, but I'm worried since my luck can turns against me or if I miss more rounds... Ok let's think postive Vats!!

Here are my boxes:
    M0TRJhQ.png?1

This is a nice shirt, however I'm not able to remember from which event it was.
    cBS5dJb.png?1

YASSS! Finally I got this Balmain jacket <3

Happy with my boxes, if I complete my way until the end of the 'cow' outfit I'll be super happy!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Val_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice peeps. I usually keep my outfits simple and stylish, without overloading on accessories, usually with a theme/idea behind it.

I also think that having special hair/etc, that is coveted by other players gets you the vote. I've been wearing the blonde 'do from last weekend cos I love it and it goes well with the cardigan.
    One of the things I do wonder about though - do people have an aversion to certain doll faces? I've noticed that not many girls have the same face as mine, and I wonder if that counts against me i.e they don't like my face. lol.

There are some facial/makeup options that I don't like but I don't feel like I really pay attention to that unless I don't like either outfit and then someone has to win and it might not be the person with those features I don't like lol. But I don't feel like that's a major judging factor unless the doll has a crazy eyeshadow color that doesn't go with their outfit. I think more often than not it's an aversion to the hairstyle that can be a deciding factor more so than facial features. At least for me :)
  • Options
    There are some facial/makeup options that I don't like but I don't feel like I really pay attention to that unless I don't like either outfit and then someone has to win and it might not be the person with those features I don't like lol. But I don't feel like that's a major judging factor unless the doll has a crazy eyeshadow color that doesn't go with their outfit. I think more often than not it's an aversion to the hairstyle that can be a deciding factor more so than facial features. At least for me :)

Fair enough :)

Here are a few of my losing outfits (I don't have the winning one saved - it had a bit of a librarian theme)

idrafs.png

This one is a look into what we'll be wearing in the next few weeks, as the weather gets a bit chillier, but not too cold, a cute scarf and cosy trousers and boots for the rain.

33yg61g.png

This is also a autumnal outfit, but this time for one of those days when it's a bit cold but the sun is out and you're having a café (or wine...) on a terrasse and chilling.

Aaah I just got news that I won ONE, YES

Here is the winning "It's a little chilly and I'm going to dance class" look

11uzzvb.png

I like the first one best :p
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Set an alarm for the middle of the night last night so I wouldn't miss a submission, so now I've got both TB boxes. I posted the first above, and here's my second:

wT5GZpR.png

Again, I didn't pick my usual box for fear of getting the 40 stars (though stars are great, I really want TB items!), but I did get a nice dress.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    I don't think I've seen the heart ring before.
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I have won like twice and I've done several types of outfits with nice hair and accessories. This is why I hate Show Your Style events cause one vote costs you 4 hours. Good thing I set such a low goal, but my confidence takes such a hit.

PS my boxes contained some nice sunglasses and the Pom purse. The Valentines dress that I covet was in the same box each time.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Here are the items I won in the TB boxes. I didn't get my Glamm lips or mermaid dress, but someday I will. I just have to keep hope alive.

vX1hlRbh.jpg

I know the shoes are from some St. Pattie event, but the only thing I had to match it was the green jacket I won last week and the two surprisingly goes well together. For the Santa hat there was nothing really Christmas related in my doll's closet, so I went with a red and black theme. I wish the trimming around the hat was black instead of white so it would look better.

ZxXORegh.jpg

For these items I went with a prom/pageant look. Like I said in a previous post, I really like the hairstyle in the first pic. I'm pretty sure it's new at least for me because I didn't have it prior to the new update. The fact that nobody on the forum mentioned a new hairstyle makes me think that maybe it isn't new. For the second look the crown just screams 'beauty pageant' so I put my doll in a nice dress.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    NQueen, I love your posts! I always like to see how you style your new items. Thank you!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the hairstyle is new, I think everyone was just excited about the event :) I love the sparkly dress in your last pic. I have a hard time styling those shoes and that's a great outfit for them.
  • Options
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    I have won like twice and I've done several types of outfits with nice hair and accessories. This is why I hate Show Your Style events cause one vote costs you 4 hours. Good thing I set such a low goal, but my confidence takes such a hit.

PS my boxes contained some nice sunglasses and the Pom purse. The Valentines dress that I covet was in the same box each time.

Yeah I know... it's so random and there's no other way to get points :mad:

I managed to win my two last entries (3 wins altogether, woop-dee-da), so now my total is 142/155.. with about 20 hours to go...which means I can get maximum 20x5=100 points if I manage to win every single one... not sure I'll even get close to the cropped sweater :(
  • Options
    Yeah I know... it's so random and there's no other way to get points :mad:

I managed to win my two last entries (3 wins altogether, woop-dee-da), so now my total is 142/155.. with about 20 hours to go...which means I can get maximum 20x5=100 points if I manage to win every single one... not sure I'll even get close to the cropped sweater :(

I really do wish they'd let us get some sort of bonus for maybe a few weekday gigs or even voting. If you go on a losing streak, it is so tough and nearly impossible to finish

Also, I liked your scarf look too! I tried that fluffy neck warmer in grey on mine and won one and then lost twice and had to go back to the drawing board.
    IOS

• Options
    haftime wrote: »
    NQueen, I love your posts! I always like to see how you style your new items. Thank you!

Thank you halftime! I really appreciate it! i love trying to style different looks with items my doll won and Neko is always trying to dress to impress. I'm really glad you're enjoying my posts.
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the hairstyle is new, I think everyone was just excited about the event :) I love the sparkly dress in your last pic. I have a hard time styling those shoes and that's a great outfit for them.

Thanks soundspretty!
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
  • Options
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    I really do wish they'd let us get some sort of bonus for maybe a few weekday gigs or even voting. If you go on a losing streak, it is so tough and nearly impossible to finish

Also, I liked your scarf look too! I tried that fluffy neck warmer in grey on mine and won one and then lost twice and had to go back to the drawing board.

Thanks! :o

Yeah I thought that at the end of the Chevier questline we would get points, but no... I guess the only way is to pay tons of K-stars to get the results quicker...

But you just made me realise that I don't have to change outfits each time LOL... it could be different people voting
  • Options
    Oh yeah Val! I didn't changed my outfit at all!

And now I'm almost done *phew*, I'll be mooing really soon!

This is the preview of Vats wearing the outfit:
    N12cUoE.jpg

:o
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    So I finished the event about 3 hours ago and I feel like I have a lot to say, lol.

These are my 2 throwback items that I won:
    294s6qw.jpg
    25a6fdf.jpg
    In the fist picture the item I won is that necklace. I like it well enough, although I don't know if I'm blind or something, but I can't decide if it is gold or silver. If anyone knows let me know.
    In the second picture I won the tights. I think I've decided after spending forever looking for an outfit to wear them with that I am just not a tights person. So because of that I bitterly made the whole outfit grey to show my lack of enthusiasm.

After opening both of my TBs, I was a little disappointed but I know everyone has an off week. Although my off week seems to be lasting multiple weeks when it comes to throwback boxes. I also noticed that I did not have any hair, halloween costumes, or anything new or special in any of my throwback boxes.

The new clothing was not something I was super excited about, but now that I have it I feel like i can see some potential.

2mnjf9f.jpg
    I am not crazy about the skirt but I do like that it is something different than we usually get. Not a typical pencil skirt.

jae4at.jpg
    As for the top, I was pretty excited to hopefully earn this when I saw the event but now that I have it...
    b5f9xc.jpg
    I realize it is super similar to this top I won in a gift box back around the spring time for a weekend event. I have the same issues with the black one that I had with the blue one. Mainly I find the sleeves to be weird and unflattering, especially since the body of the shirt is also bulky.

I feel like I have a totally different opinion when it comes to these events than most people. I know a lot of people are pretty disappointed in having to spend k-stars to participate. To me it doesn't really upset me. It also doesn't bother me that the girl's item was slightly more expensive, as long as this isn't an every week occurrence. If some weeks the guys have a cheaper item and some weeks the girls have a cheaper item I am totally fine with that. I think as long as the price of the clothing stays under the price of one throwback box I will be totally fine with paying for it. Once the prices start to creep above 60 k-stars I will probably be annoyed. To me, it only makes sense that I would be ok with paying for an item as long as week keep earning throwback boxes and new clothing. If you look back at the last free SYS event, the rewards were 2 black and 2 gold gift boxes. That just seems like a waste of time to me. My biggest complaint about this new style of events is that we have to keep buying shirts. I feel that the looks would be much more diverse and interesting if we were able to build our outfits around a mandatory accessory, pair of shoes, hairstyle or even pants. But the girls have had 2 weeks of (IMO) boring sweaters to build outfits around and thats what I am frustrated about.

Also just wanted to throw my 2 cents in about these weekly sales. I LOVE THEM.
    Maria hooked me ups with a solid luxe goal and I got the black and white long sleeve shirt for 10 k-stars I believe.
    143dmiu.jpg

Anyway, I hope there aren't too many typos and I hope this isn't too rambly and ranty. I was rushing to get this all finished before the Survivor premiere/ Big Brother finale. What can I say, I'm a reality show junkie. I hope everyone is successful with the rest of this event!
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    Oh yeah Val! I didn't changed my outfit at all!

And now I'm almost done *phew*, I'll be mooing really soon!

This is the preview of Vats wearing the outfit:
    N12cUoE.jpg

:o

Vats_Hair_Cow.jpg

Fixed it for you Vatsy!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    I've won every round so far (surprisingly) with this pretty basic outfit. I'm shocked because I've never won every round, and I honestly don't even think this look is anything special haha. I'm not complaining though since I've been slacking this week. I'm 5 points away from the sweater!
    0697C80D-9C73-46FE-B660-8A03007745B4.jpg

And here's what was in my boxes:

BC04AD4D-2B60-4EF6-A197-447B2028D901.jpg

057E7E1A-2750-4ECE-8E89-D9F0928336BA.jpg
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I loved your post ldavis, and I agree. I also don't mind paying for items to style in SYS, as long as it's not more than the 60 stars for a TB box. I love that we get 2 TB boxes and 2 new clothing items. I've been lucky the past 2 weeks that I already owned the style item, but I would still buy it to participate as long as I knew I would have time to finish the event and get all the boxes/items :)
  • Options
    Done and ready to be milked:rolleyes:!!!
    RtMZ3RR.png?1

I'm simply loving the clothing from the mid-week events lately, much more exciting than those from the weekends!

Vats_Hair_Cow.jpg

Fixed it for you Vatsy!

I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! I'm so happy that I decided to comeback here before going to bed! You're the BEST!:D

Tara congrats on winning all rounds, I lost once this time and so far this was my best outcome in these events I never managed to win all rounds yet, ok hope next time I'll break the record!!!

Good luck to those who are still submitting looks!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Thanks! :o

Yeah I thought that at the end of the Chevier questline we would get points, but no... I guess the only way is to pay tons of K-stars to get the results quicker...

But you just made me realise that I don't have to change outfits each time LOL... it could be different people voting

lol. I usually keep the same outfit if it has a winning streak. If it loses twice, it's gone! Usually I have a pretty good idea of what is working and what isn't.

I got the skirt earlier and working on the top. Unfortunately I only have 2 more entries unless I pay. Depending on what my next result is, I may get desperate...and then kick myself this weekend when I need more Kstars ;)

And Vats, you make a beautiful cow! :o
    IOS

• Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Thank you Vats!! Congratulations to you too!! It's so funny because I knew that once I said something about not winning, I'd break my streak, and sure enough my last round lost hahaha :p all I needed was 5 points, so I'm good.. I can sleep tonight!! I hope you keep up your winning streak if we have another event next week :)

Kayla- I know you watch videos and do the "other offers", and right now they're doing the double Kstars again!! Maybe you can earn some back that way :) I just earned about 50 from watching videos and downloading apps then deleting them haha :)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo