Options

VIP Weekend Event - 9/30/2016

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Charli wrote: »

Not purchasing k-stars again, ever!

uvxldJe.png

Ouch. that is one pitiful palette. I had one like that last week, 1 item, 7 junkie boxes. But, you didn't go deep into that palette. Imagine had you bought 3 boxes and they were all the 4000? Take a deep breath, and come back to it in a little?

I'm hoping we see double stars for the Other Offers again this week. I took one game. 51 stars doubled...and all I did was play the game for about half an hour. And I didn't have to play it all at once. I want a few more of those. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVB wrote: »
    OMG that dress from the giftbox is soooo gorgeous!!! I first bought and furnished the Chevier House and after that started opening boxes. Thankfully it did not take me as many boxes as it did last time to get the items I really really wanted (hair and dress)!!

IMG_9830_zpsq41mt5b9.png

IMG_9836_zpstftbz5bm.png

After that I was 40 K-stars short of the skirt, so I bought the newly added hairstyle for 50 K-stars. Even though I am having a hard time styling the skirt without the matching top, I'm really happy with all my earnings today.

IMG_9844_zpstms9wi5c.jpg

Now to start grinding!

You look gorg. And thanks for reminding me about that hairstyle. Off to get that now. Linda. that runway pic would look great in the fashion show. :) Oh, must get that dress. That's all I want from the boxes.....but I'm spacing myself incase Maria calls. Has she offered anyone a deal on the Fashion house or items in it?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    You look gorg. And thanks for reminding me about that hairstyle. Off to get that now. Linda. that runway pic would look great in the fashion show. :) Oh, must get that dress. That's all I want from the boxes.....but I'm spacing myself incase Maria calls. Has she offered anyone a deal on the Fashion house or items in it?

Thanks, doll! Oh that is a good tactic to wait for Maria to call for the Chevier House! Maria stopped calling last Monday, so I decided to just buy it.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not purchasing k-stars again, ever!

uvxldJe.png

Oh no Charli, I'm so sorry! Sending you a virtual hug!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    I don't really want to spend my stars because I need to replenish them. I do like the silver skirt, though, so I'm not sure if I should go for it. Maybe I'll wait until the end of the weekend to see how many stars I get...

I did buy the fish tank for Havana, so I got to open a box and there were 40 stars, so I was happy with that. I like the gold dress but not enough to buy boxes (I learned my lesson a few weeks ago with some ****py boxes).

I agree with not posting how to complete the event easier with less energy etc. In the past, things have been changed because of that e.g. Parties.

I bought the SMC because I love the hair. I'm sad I didn't get the other bleach blonde hair, so this makes up for it!

I'm at Oktoberfest all weekend, so I'm going to try and get as many stars as possible.

Happy event everyone!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'm still deciding what I want to spend my stars on. Maria called with a deal on a necklace this morning but I'm holding out for something better.
    zitrone wrote: »
    I did buy the fish tank for Havana, so I got to open a box and there were 40 stars, so I was happy with that. I like the gold dress but not enough to buy boxes (I learned my lesson a few weeks ago with some ****py boxes).

That's the best. It kind of sucks if you really want a gift box item but I like getting my stars back too.
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    I gave in and bought the SMC

It brings my total tally of stars to 218. I might be able to earn enough to get the skirt (esp if I pay an extra $5) but I would be left with 0... what if there's another throwback sale next week for Paris Fashion Week? :/ All my quests are completed so I'm just doing 3-hour events, which is cool.

Weekend look :)

2s5xwlg.jpg
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    Thank you Nai! I'm just going to a cabin weekend in the mountains with my extended family. We'll do a bit of hiking but nothing too serious haha
    I didn't go for the GB items, I didn't like them enough for that, I mostly bought TB items that were on sale.

Sounds relaxing and fun. Keep safe and for now, grind all the way!
    PM to add
  • Options
    ldavis1636 wrote: »
    Guys I don't know what to do.... I don't have a camera crew in Mirimount so I can not start a new realty show. I just went to ever home that I own to heck if I accidentally started one but I didn't find anything!

I don't know what else to suggest except to check every single location, then every single house (not just the ones you bought). Sometimes we miss out one house if we just go over through memory which one we bought. There has been cases of missing camera crew, they were eventually found in Mirimount or one of the houses.
    PM to add
  • Options
    LiaLia Registered Users 113 Posts
    I have no self control *cries in corner*
    I thought I will try for the gb dress which I thought was gorge but didn't like any of the other items. As it happens, I won them all BUT the dress and at that point I just had to have the dress!! lol
    DEEC33E1-D780-4111-A9E5-15CEEA9934D4_zpsll0bm4ms.jpg
    Good luck to everyone this weekend.
    Game Centre: +Lya+
  • Options
    Ouch. that is one pitiful palette. I had one like that last week, 1 item, 7 junkie boxes. But, you didn't go deep into that palette. Imagine had you bought 3 boxes and they were all the 4000? Take a deep breath, and come back to it in a little?

I'm hoping we see double stars for the Other Offers again this week. I took one game. 51 stars doubled...and all I did was play the game for about half an hour. And I didn't have to play it all at once. I want a few more of those. :)

What are Other Offers? I don't think I've ever seen that in my game...
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Ok first of all, before I comment on the event, you know I don't want to sound ungrateful or rude to Kalinda that is being so incredible cool bringing us the spoilers, helping and listening us around always that is possible... but why Koko didn't started this thread????

Sorry, I'm very attached to rituals and I get really lost when I see things 'out of their place'. Is going to be this way from now on? It's ok I can adapt myself to that, but I prefer the old way TBH.:o

Event:

Happy that is a VIP, I was waiting to buy stuff from the sale and get something back is always nice, not crazy about the earnables though!

I never liked the boxes, so whatever to them! However doesn't make sense to have a box between the earnables if we haven't chances to get anything better than kash/energy there, so I suggest you add a fourth item instead a box in the future events!

You can totally do that since we're not getting new stuff at the updates for a while and actually is a dream come true not having to miss great items for boxes anymore!

So with this mid-week events going on + weekend events we could get 6 new items per week just grinding!!! That's amazing!! You can save the creativity input that is used for the seventh box item and new update items to create fantastic 'free' stuff for mid-week and weekend earnables!!!!

Oh please please please, get rid of the boxes and make my wish come true! Thank you!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Oh, go to the star shop, and tap Get Free Stars. A box will open up and you select watch videos, or....to the right "Other Offers" a list opens up with everything from games to download and start for stars, to ordering Disney DVDs. I played a game - no other game names please - and got 102 stars last weekend because it was double stars. I got a message Saturday about the double offer all weekend, so my fingers are crossed for this weekend. Nice thing, I downloaded the game, played a little, but when the weekend ended and I had more time, I finished and got my stars.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Oh, go to the star shop, and tap Get Free Stars. A box will open up and you select watch videos, or....to the right "Other Offers" a list opens up with everything from games to download and start for stars, to ordering Disney DVDs. I played a game - no other game names please - and got 102 stars last weekend because it was double stars. I got a message Saturday about the double offer all weekend, so my fingers are crossed for this weekend. Nice thing, I downloaded the game, played a little, but when the weekend ended and I had more time, I finished and got my stars.

I haven't had "Get Free Stars" in over a year :( since I bought my first star pack basically, after that any possibility of watching videos etc, has disappeared...

102 K-stars that's incredible! Also should I contact Glu about this? Seems kind of unfair to be left out :(
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    No bonus boxes this weekend is ok with me for sure since I'll, instead, just focus on playing. No spilling from me tho!:

;)
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options

I loved the double stars for watching videos. I earned 38 in one day for just 5 min of my time. Paid for my entry into the show your style event :)
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I haven't been able to watch videos for kstars in over a year and I've never been able to play another game to earn Kstars. I assumed it is what happened after your purchased Kstars and thought that was very ****py of Glu. Was I wrong ? Do I have a game glitch? (Though I play on two iPads and same issue with both)

Thankfully opened the dress in my second box. I think the "scarf" in the GB is very strange, I can live without that hairstyle, and I'm ok with the flat shoes focus. I would rather have a pair of so-so flat shoes than another pair of heels that looks almost identical to ones already in my wardrobe.

BBE41CA1-C651-4EA8-B5A8-6341F6B3F6C7_zpsjduf3ojf.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    Ok first of all, before I comment on the event, you know I don't want to sound ungrateful or rude to Kalinda that is being so incredible cool bringing us the spoilers, helping and listening us around always that is possible... but why Koko didn't started this thread????

Sorry, I'm very attached to rituals and I get really lost when I see things 'out of their place'. Is going to be this way from now on? It's ok I can adapt myself to that, but I prefer the old way TBH.:o

Event:

Happy that is a VIP, I was waiting to buy stuff from the sale and get something back is always nice, not crazy about the earnables though!

I never liked the boxes, so whatever to them! However doesn't make sense to have a box between the earnables if we haven't chances to get anything better than kash/energy there, so I suggest you add a fourth item instead a box in the future events!

You can totally do that since we're not getting new stuff at the updates for a while and actually is a dream come true not having to miss great items for boxes anymore!

So with this mid-week events going on + weekend events we could get 6 new items per week just grinding!!! That's amazing!! You can save the creativity input that is used for the seventh box item and new update items to create fantastic 'free' stuff for mid-week and weekend earnables!!!!

Oh please please please, get rid of the boxes and make my wish come true! Thank you!

Aww, so sweet but no worries. I was off doing something and there was no telling how long it would take. It's all good. And suppose I .....oversleep or have no access? Computers go down in an instant. Even in the Kingdom....er Networks of Mr.ComputerHead
    Puter_Head.jpg

Networks can go down. I wouldn't want you guys to miss things because I was no where to be found. I did pop one up for a second, saw this wonderful early Spoilers, took down but saved mine for another time and was really happy to see it. Oh, it was the Pop of Kolor Headgear missing, wasn't it. Kalinda didn't know about the subterrainian Midori Cellar we have. I think it's probably because she and the other GluGees hang out (Gods, Godessess and Guru's with a Wizard or too thrown in) in the Glu Penthouse Pool .
    Penthousepool.jpg

So, the ritual lives on. Bad music, bad jokes and all. :)

And yes, the Midori Helmets.
    Midorihat2.jpg
    Now I'm off to read the rest of your post. Can you put those fatigues back on? I need them for a minute. You said you wanted to play army didn't you? The Rear Admiral is coming for an inspection. (Yeah, I know, I'm mixing branches of the Armed Forces, but you do what you can with what you have.)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I haven't been able to watch videos for kstars in over a year and I've never been able to play another game to earn Kstars. I assumed it is what happened after your purchased Kstars and thought that was very ****py of Glu. Was I wrong ? Do I have a game glitch? (Though I play on two iPads and same issue with both)

I've purchased plenty of k-stars and can still watch videos so that may be something you want to contact Glu about. I play on Android so I don't know if that makes a difference. It may also depend on advertisers and what's sponsored in your area, but I couldn't say for sure. I know sometimes the game limits the amount of videos I can watch to maybe 1 or 2 and there are definitely days I can't watch videos at all. I just casually check it each day and hope it works, but more often than not it does.
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    BBE41CA1-C651-4EA8-B5A8-6341F6B3F6C7_zpsjduf3ojf.jpg

Holly you look wonderful in that dress. Now I have to chase a little more.
    As far as the boxes, I have bought stars and I still have offers. From what I've read in FAQ and the forumsAfter a while if you are a heavy hitter, you run out of offers till the time resets.

I just checked over at FAQs, and they said this,

There are no videos for me to watch.

Video availability is completely dependent on advertisers. If they want to advertise to your specific demographic they may offer videos, but if not, then you will not have any to view. Unfortunately, there is no way to make them want to show videos.

We do try to use multiple vendors in order to increase the chance a video will be available for all of our players. You will just need to check back frequently to see if any are available.

Due to a technical limitation we are not able to offer free k-star videos to every single user. This has to do with the date when a user started playing the game as well as other variables. This technical limitation is something we have tried to work around as we would ideally like all players to have free k-star offers, but we were unable to find a solution.

I'm sorry it looks like the text in purple is the exception. But the fact that you had them and they disappeared might be a way to at least approach them? I know some people who weren't getting giftboxes, uninstalled, reinstalled and they came back BUT
    • I never encourage players to uninstall unless Glu tells them to (I think that's in the FAQs too)
    • That was for the return of Daily Gift Boxes....not videos

so if you want to put up a discussion thread to see if anyone was in this boat but 'fixed' it, go right ahead.

I'm sorry this is happening to you and anyone else. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I don't know what else to suggest except to check every single location, then every single house (not just the ones you bought). Sometimes we miss out one house if we just go over through memory which one we bought. There has been cases of missing camera crew, they were eventually found in Mirimount or one of the houses.
    Thanks for actually replying to my post. But I just spent the last hour searching every location in the game and am officially giving up. I even uninstalled the game and am now frustrated cause now I get ads again. Anyway I give up, lol.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    Guys I don't know what to do.... I don't have a camera crew in Mirimount so I can not start a new realty show. I just went to ever home that I own to heck if I accidentally started one but I didn't find anything!

could you be on one of the Shoot outside your home gigs? We had the black rabbit in Sidney. Let me see what I van find out. Can you go do an ice club shift in the meantime.

And sorry I didn't see this sooner. I hit reply to something without reading to the end. THen I was off making lunch. This has happened to me, But I always found them and luckily I hadn't started the timer yet. But, while the Reality show is 'open' the tab should be there on the left..
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Holly you look wonderful in that dress. Now I have to chase a little more.
    As far as the boxes, I have bought stars and I still have offers. From what I've read in FAQ and the forumsAfter a while if you are a heavy hitter, you run out of offers till the time resets.

I just checked over at FAQs, and they said this,

There are no videos for me to watch.

Video availability is completely dependent on advertisers. If they want to advertise to your specific demographic they may offer videos, but if not, then you will not have any to view. Unfortunately, there is no way to make them want to show videos.

We do try to use multiple vendors in order to increase the chance a video will be available for all of our players. You will just need to check back frequently to see if any are available.

Due to a technical limitation we are not able to offer free k-star videos to every single user. This has to do with the date when a user started playing the game as well as other variables. This technical limitation is something we have tried to work around as we would ideally like all players to have free k-star offers, but we were unable to find a solution.

I'm sorry it looks like the text in purple is the exception. But the fact that you had them and they disappeared might be a way to at least approach them? I know some people who weren't getting giftboxes, uninstalled, reinstalled and they came back BUT
    • I never encourage players to uninstall unless Glu tells them to (I think that's in the FAQs too)
    • That was for the return of Daily Gift Boxes....not videos

so if you want to put up a discussion thread to see if anyone was in this boat but 'fixed' it, go right ahead.

I'm sorry this is happening to you and anyone else. :(

Thanks so much for all the info! :)

I actually sent Glu a message already (before I saw your post), but yeah I assumed it was because ads aren't necessarily available in my area!
  • Options
    SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    *cry*

image.png
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Thanks for actually replying to my post. But I just spent the last hour searching every location in the game and am officially giving up. I even uninstalled the game and am now frustrated cause now I get ads again. Anyway I give up, lol.

Try looking up at the Black Rabbit in Sydney. The new update introduced on location shoots, and the first filming was there.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Sappho wrote: »
    *cry*

image.png

These boxes are just THE WORST, I can't believe it!!

It looks like you've been cursed by the blue dress too lol, that dress would appear in every single one of my boxes until it finally got me :rolleyes:
  • Options
    zitrone wrote: »
    I don't really want to spend my stars because I need to replenish them. I do like the silver skirt, though, so I'm not sure if I should go for it. Maybe I'll wait until the end of the weekend to see how many stars I get...

I agree with not posting how to complete the event easier with less energy etc. In the past, things have been changed because of that e.g. Parties.

I bought the SMC because I love the hair. I'm sad I didn't get the other bleach blonde hair, so this makes up for it!

I'm at Oktoberfest all weekend, so I'm going to try and get as many stars as possible.

Happy event everyone!

First off I'm sorry the boxes have not been good to you. I'm sending good thoughts and vibes your way.

On the share or keep it to yourself: TBH, not sharing tips is going to change the dynamic of the forum. We've always been a team effort, rooting each other on. sharing tips - do the 3 hour parties in calabasas. Parties did not increase hardness because we found it was easy. They adjusted up when al the tasks adjusted up. We just noticed it in the parties, because that was an easy thing to measure.

SCL was never intended to run the original way. They never imagined we would just do one task over and over because it didn't take much. So....when they plugged that - because it was not intended that way, they rolled out Reality shows, where 19 Energy give you a 5 star gig, that you then get 1 star for. Ever hear the expression a door closes, a window opens? So, trying seeing the bigger picture of it. They didn't have to give us an easy task we can do over and over and over again when they legitimately fixed an error on their part. They didn't have to do that. And in game I'm getting so many more stars now than before, the Reality Runs are great for that. Another new feature.
    I think that shows that they were really nice to come up with a way to give us easy tasks. no more hoping Simon has something small. They took the good bug out of SCL and gave us reality shows instead. JMO

As always, do what you're comfortable doing, just don't cheat. (not that I'm acusing anyone it's like "Stay safe out there" Don't Drink and Drive. that kind of thing)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    could you be on one of the Shoot outside your home gigs? We had the black rabbit in Sidney. Let me see what I van find out. Can you go do an ice club shift in the meantime.

And sorry I didn't see this sooner. I hit reply to something without reading to the end. THen I was off making lunch. This has happened to me, But I always found them and luckily I hadn't started the timer yet. But, while the Reality show is 'open' the tab should be there on the left..
    Try looking up at the Black Rabbit in Sydney. The new update introduced on location shoots, and the first filming was there.

Thanks guys, I have checked every home, every club, every bar, every store LOL. I even went as far as to check every bedroom in every house thinking maybe they were just really hiding. :o

Anyway, I'm over it, I've moved on. I guess they will either show up or they won't. I have plenty of 8-hr quests to do and about 120 claimable energy in the partnerships tab from uncollected partnership rewards. Hey at least this will help with my comeback right? And tomorrow I will be able to do my SCL, SCSD, SCL, and Ice Bar shifts. I'm off to work so happy earning and spending everyone!
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    Val_ wrote: »
    These boxes are just THE WORST, I can't believe it!!

It looks like you've been cursed by the blue dress too lol, that dress would appear in every single one of my boxes until it finally got me :rolleyes:
    I think this is the first time I've seen it, so I doubt I'm cursed by it. :D Still, it is a pretty disappointing box. I've been looking at maybe getting one of the other boxes because I do kind of like those items but if it's going to be spreads like this then I don't know that I want to risk it.

Oh and I was wondering about the Shop My Closet, is the hair blonde only? And the clothes, is that one item or two pieces?
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    Yep, blonde-only hair. Outfit is one item.
    PM to add
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Here are the items I won from the GB. When I saw the remainder boxes of the second palette, I realized if I had open the next box I would have gotten the flats, but I'm not mad. I'm content with what I got. I just wish I was this lucky all the time.

3xDGdKjh.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE