Options

Happy Valentine's Day -2/14/17 Aare we tappin or yappin? MidweekEvent?

Comments

• Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Wow, that goes back a long time. It was one of my 1st event hairstyles. Brings tears to my eyes.
    I love that sailor hat, want it so badly!! Please Glu, add it??? Pretty please??

We are also missing this dress from the Florence update in the Throwback boxes:

IMG_6054.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Almost all items up to and including April Fools 2016 are included in the current Throwback. A few event items have not been added, such as the sailor hat:

IMG_6052.jpg
    Oh, that's great! I wasn't sure with the items after New Years, I don't think I've seen them in my boxes.
    I had to chuckle, I had not read ups to Lii's comment, but it's exactly what I was trying to say.
    Great minds think alike! You were able to phrase it much better though :D

Does anyone remember in which thread the screenshots of someone with almost all the items in her closet were?
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    I love that sailor hat, want it so badly!! Please Glu, add it??? Pretty please??

We are also missing this dress from the Florence update in the Throwback boxes:

IMG_6054.jpg

That dress was available for 120 Kstars when the wedding update was added. People bought it and then they took it out of the game (I think Kim didn't want it in the game, IIRC). I don't think those people were ever refunded their stars for that dress...

It will never be in the TBs.
  • Options
    Lii wrote: »
    Oh, that's great! I wasn't sure with the items after New Years, I don't think I've seen them in my boxes.

Great minds think alike! You were able to phrase it much better though :D

Does anyone remember in which thread the screenshots of someone with almost all the items in her closet were?

I have almost all the Throwback items. This was the palette I just opened:

IMG_6050.png

I don't recall the thread or forum member who has all the items, but I'm sure there are more members that have all the items!
    I don't mind sharing pics of my closet but I don't have all the items.
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    zitrone wrote: »
    That dress was available for 120 Kstars when the wedding update was added. People bought it and then they took it out of the game (I think Kim didn't want it in the game, IIRC). I don't think those people were ever refunded their stars for that dress...

It will never be in the TBs.

Oh I never knew that!! I started playing after that.
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    Oh I never knew that!! I started playing after that.

Yeah, it was Kim's actual dress. I still wonder what happened with that exactly.
  • Options
    I have almost all the Throwback items. This was the palette I just opened:

IMG_6050.png

I don't recall the thread or forum member who has all the items, but I'm sure there are more members that have all the items!
    I don't mind sharing pics of my closet but I don't have all the items.

Since the picture of this palette has all the items that you're missing, I could work out all the items that are currently in the TB boxes. It would be lovely if you'd share, I'm curious how many items I'm missing.

Edit: btw awesome picks! Two of the hairstyles I want the most.
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    zitrone wrote: »
    Yeah, it was Kim's actual dress. I still wonder what happened with that exactly.

I wonder if it was a copyright issue with the designer of the dress? It was custom made so I could see how that might be touchy.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    @glu if these midweek "throwback" events are the only thing you can offer during the week it would be nice if the boxes was updated with recent items and occasionally placing the tb items in the closet for those who don't like to gamble. I also feel switching it up a bit with the "show your style event" where there is two tb boxes and two new clothing items.

Hey QCookie! Good to see you!

This seems to be the perfect solution, as other said here, I wouldn't like to see more items being added and push me back, but if we get throwback items at the store that shouldn't be a problem anymore. I'm not a collector and TBH I don't give a d@mn about half of those items and I feel totally left out when Glu keep doing every week those 'sales'.

I already said it before, don't know why they don't want my k-stars. I won't pay 60 k-stars on a blind item, but I'd pay 200 k-stars on a coveted hair style easily.

And yeah it's time to we get out of this boredom that has been the mid-week events, bring SYS back!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Since the picture of this palette has all the items that you're missing, I could work out all the items that are currently in the TB boxes. It would be lovely if you'd share, I'm curious how many items I'm missing.

Edit: btw awesome picks! Two of the hairstyles I want the most.

I will make a thread and post the pics in there!

ETA: You can find the thread here
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    I will make a thread and post the pics in there!

ETA: You can find the thread here

Thank you so much Linda!
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    How many points are needed to complete the event? Is it 600?

Also, congrats LindaVB!! You're so close! I wish we could gift TB BOXES because I'd help you finish!
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    Thank you so much Linda!
    You are very welcome! It used to drive me crazy not knowing what items I was still missing! So now that I almost have them all, I figured a reference thread would be handy for others!
    LantsPance wrote: »
    How many points are needed to complete the event? Is it 600?

Also, congrats LindaVB!! You're so close! I wish we could gift TB BOXES because I'd help you finish!

Yes 600!
    Aw thank you!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    Oh my, I had no idea that iconic Kim's closet hair was actually in the TB boxes!:eek:

Thanks for doing this, Linda! It's really helpful.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi Lana. I moved your post here because Linda is building a reference thread for female throwback items and we are asking others to please not post is going to be another like a little encyclopedia page of throwbacks. However if there were any mail wardrobes that we can convert into the same kind of reference thread for guys that would be so helpful. If we have no volunteers maybe committee so I guess were basically calling all guys with extensive wardrobe or just one who's willing to do it. That's it no more caffeine for me sides I have a date to get back to. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    Sure thing, koko. Thanks for notifying me!
  • Options
    Not a problem, I love that everyone appreciates all her forum reference threads. And I'm all for showing the love.

You know....it's Wednesday and yesterday was Valentine's Day so everything is red red red red red red red. So maybe we can 'ease out of the red' and into the Pink. It feels like a Pink Wednesday, don't you think Vats? We haven't had an official www thread in a while......oh please Vatsy /Vatsey? Even if it is no, I have to go change. Brb in pink.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Lana~ wrote: »
    Oh my, I had no idea that iconic Kim's closet hair was actually in the TB boxes!:eek:

Thanks for doing this, Linda! It's really helpful.

You are welcome!!

Hmm no that you mention it, maybe that one was a SMC... I will check tomorrow, I'm off to pick the twins from school now, then to soccer practice, cook dinner, put them to bed and then watch me some Blacklist!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the long, curly ombre hair was a SMC for Khloe's bday. It came with her dress and earrings.
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day! :)

Who's ready to start thinking ahead to the weekend? Vats, this spoiler is dedicated to you because I can't wait to show you what we're releasing for guys in the gift boxes!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts

Who's ready to start thinking ahead to the weekend? Vats, this spoiler is dedicated to you because I can't wait to show you what we're releasing for guys in the gift boxes!

Oh hi, Kalinda! Hope you had a great V-Day too!
    I can't wait to see the spoilers tomorrow! I saved up some KStars so I'm ready for a VIP or to splurge on gift boxes.
    If you imply that Vats will like something from guys' gift boxes very much, I guess there will be a gorgeous long hair style for male dolls this weekend... Right? :o
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    Finally finished my first new lovers achievement! Can't wait to see what the next prize is :)
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the long, curly ombre hair was a SMC for Khloe's bday. It came with her dress and earrings.

You are right!! I will adjust the pic tomorrow.
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options

Hope you had a great day, too, Kalinda!
    Oooooooooooh do tell!! Actually, I think I know what it is... Let me see if I can quote Vats' post!

ETA: found Vats' post but I will let him respond first!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Options
    Ohhh, I don't know who one it was........I was going to build the thread around it for tomorrow. Wah wah wah. A chance for an On the money theme....lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Accessories for everyone!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    Thank you. i'll say one thing...you know how to tease. Lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I wonder if it was a copyright issue with the designer of the dress? It was custom made so I could see how that might be touchy.

I think it came down from Kim's people that this was her dress, and they didn't want it appearing in a game. It was a sacred moment. It was 'Kim's Wishes/Kim's Game'. Maybe something felt ok in the planning process, but when it was implemented she thought better of it. The 120 star dress with lace that we have now...we had that dress from the beginning but I think the people with Kim's stress were offered that dress in its place I didn't have the dress so I also don't know how it turned out. But that was the reasoning why it came out.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Bort gave me a gift, finally! I may not be happy with him wearing a hat all the time, but I look good lol

Any other week event and I'd probably quit with the lack of luck I've been having in my first three boxes but since it's dating I'm still chugging forward.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Here's my throwback box:
    jNxzTcI.png?1

Think it was a nice pick although I have similar pairs of shoes at the wardrobe it's the most useful kind of shoes since it covers the ankles.

OMG! OMG! Could be the puppy in a bag?

The most obvious would be a new long hair style, right?

Gosh I'm clueless here, since I demand so many stuff while I'm talking here. I just mentioned earlier on this thread my love for those blushing cheeks...Could be that? Could be anything else?

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I can't wait... I'm more than excited, my body is ready, my k-stars are too! Woohoo!
    F6CbKev.gif

Thanks Kalinda, we ain't gonna sleep tonight!

#tomorrowf5modeon
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!