Options

Weekend Event 3/17/17 - 3rd Annual St Patrick's Day Event

2Next

Comments

• Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    The game started 1 hour early rn, i guess it'll be like this from now on.

But didn't we get an extra day from last year's St. Patrick's weekend event? Coz it's gonna be a looooooooong time grinding ~.~
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Syndra x wrote: »
    The game started 1 hour early rn, i guess it'll be like this from now on.
    The US already switched to Daylight Savings! As some other countries have not yet switched the events will start and end an hour early until they have switched to Daylight Savings as well.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    You can always check the time in NY. The events start at 5 a.m. Eastern. So when it's 4:59 a.m. in NY the event will start in 1 minute.

Morning Dolls. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Happy Birthday Dad. (my fil's birthday. He was always thrilled to see the parade on 'his birthday' because being Scottish, he didn't really dig the Irish celebration very much)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    I am so pleased that I brought my ipad into work with me today for a bit of surreptitious lunchtime tapping. I love both outfits but really want the boots/shoes and the kilt. AND I have nothing planned this weekend so can tap to my hearts content.
    ****I play on ios****
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Happy birthday to your father, Koko!
    OMG I got the dress, hair and purse in my boxes!!! So happy!!!
    These were my pallettes in case someone is looking for a pattern:

IMG_7914.jpg

IMG_7915.jpg

IMG_7917.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Congrats, Linda! And good luck to everyone chasing gift box items. I am not among you, so I was happy with the 30 event points I got in my free box.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Options
    FindMeIfYouCABFindMeIfYouCAB Registered Users 56 Posts
    UDqUE5W.jpg

Here's my pick in case you all are looking for any box patterns! I don't think I'll be chasing the hair/dress, but the purse will give me bonus points which are always welcome for house parties. :)

Happy St Patrick's day!
  • Options
    I didn't quite understand the rainbow strap on the purse until I got the purse and saw it's sparkles in the gold and then the rainbow strap made sense. It's the gold pot at the end of the rainbow. LOL happy St. Patrick's Day now I'm off to catch me a leprechaun.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Boots and plaid are always a plus for me. Not sure if I'll chase for anything. An extra item or two would be nice considering I'll be out on Friday and Saturday, but I'll have to see it on the doll first.

Anyway, many years ago my family and I were in Vegas during St Patrick's Day. I didn't have anything green so I borrowed my friend's tennis shoes that had a bit on them. While walking on the strip some big burly motorcycle guy pinched me on the arm and told me I wasn't wearing green. I smiled at him at pointed at the green on my shoes. He laughed and said that because he pinched me, I could pinch him back. Right when I was going to on his arm my father grabbed me and pulled me away. I was about 16 when this happened and mortified. I was just gonna pinch him, not run away with him lol

Anyway, people think because you have red hair you're Irish and celebrate, but not really, though it's crazy to watch others. A few years ago we were at a sporting event when a woman pulled out green food coloring for her beer and I thought that was a biiiiiiit excessive. Considering it seems like it's just an excuse for people to drink more than usual, I try to stay home.

I don't blame your dad lol. I remember pinching each other in school and now I think back and wonder why that was even allowed. Some people aren't allowed to celebrate holidays outside their religion so to "punish" someone (even in a joking way) for not wearing green seems wrong. Maybe that's too PC of me :rolleyes: I work with a Jehovah's Witness so I think about these things.

In America we've come to associate the holiday with drinking excessively thus acting like an idiot. I've always wondered if Irish people find the holiday offensive.
  • Options
    Regardless of who's drinking and who isn't, I'm proud to celebrate St Patrick's Day. Better go get dressed...off to find some green......or orange. Lol.

eta: I don't know of any Irish who find the holiday offensive, how individuals act however can be quite offensive, and tarnish a really wonderful ethnic holiday.

Oops didn't mean to sound preachy, i'm dealing with a troll. But interestingly, i found this in wikipedia
    'historically the Lenten restrictions on eatingand drinking alcohol were lifted for the day, which encouraged and propagated the holiday's tradition of alcohol consumption." So we can blame it on the Church.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    But interestingly, i found this in wikipedia
    'historically the Lenten restrictions on eatingand drinking alcohol were lifted for the day, which encouraged and propagated the holiday's tradition of alcohol consumption." So we can blame it on the Church.

That is so interesting! (And it reminds me that I haven't finished watching The Young Pope. )

I had the luck of the Irish with my free box today. Both Dixie and James got 40gc! That's the best item in the guy's boxes so I kept it for another day. Dixie opened another box with my free 40gc and got the GB purse!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Got 40 k stars in my box!!

Happy st Patrick's day to everyone! Irish or not. Heck enjoy a beer or two and have a good time! This is a stress free holiday, no gifts or expectations so enjoy it for what it is!

Kiss me, I'm Irish ������
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    I was blessed with 30 events points in my free box and 25 free energy in my daily boxes, so I've already completed the first two events gigs and I'm almost at the kilt :) I hate party weekends, they take SO much work, so I always finish the event storyline gigs to get ahead.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I'm not sure what the right answers for the storyline gigs this week. I only got 30 extra event points in the end. Some of the choices are funny though, "PIN number"?! You can click the speech bubble multiple times and choose different answers. Maybe that confuses the point system?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I’ve finished the storyline and (ugh!) got just 30 points either. Don’t think that our answers have any influence on the outcome this time, unless the game want to us mistreat Dirk/Willow. As if!

Can’t believe that I barely passed the 300 mark until now, party events sure are hard, all 4 items were in my free palette, but I missed them and life is not easy without bonus. I have pity of those who doesn’t have all the resources I have.

At least I’m enjoying my spectacular Dublin’s house, best house purchase since Calabasas. The house is stunning and it isn’t claustrophobic as Venice’s. My only complaint is that Dublin’s easily could hold like 10 guests, that would more than justify its absurd price.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    There is no way I am finishing this event! I only have about 57 point a right now LOL.

Oh well. I will probably just try to get the kilt and then call it quits
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    I'm not sure what the right answers for the storyline gigs this week. I only got 30 extra event points in the end. Some of the choices are funny though, "PIN number"?! You can click the speech bubble multiple times and choose different answers. Maybe that confuses the point system?

Alert! In the second event gig, don't drink with Willow. It's a trap. You would only get 1 energy bolt but lose 10 event points (20 extra in the end of the storyline gigs instead of 30). For party event this weekend, it's not worthy of doing the event gigs if you are in need of points! :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Since the storyline involves NOT drinking I would avoid picking anything that sounds too fun lol.

I had horrible luck with my giftbox: $4k grrrr
  • Options
    I had finished the event already. Didn't mind to have some fun with Willow... haha :D But she is cheap! I would be happier if she gave me 1 KStar instead of 1 energy bolt! :p
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    I haven't started the events yet. I'm just doing a party and then doing weekend stuff coming back doing another and so on. I never seem to make the right choices. I spend stars when it doesn't help, and then I don't spend when it matters. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Just finished the storyline and I'm glad we weren't penalized should we chose to have one little drink LOL

I am behind tho - only 362 - but too exhausted for more parties tonight so I guess I'll have to spend all day hustling. They are really making us work for this bun aren't they? I'd try a box but I already lost stars on that and would rather keep what I do have instead

good luck to everyone else still at it! we can manage!! just....prepare to tap and tap and tap I guess
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Done!
    ATdDiM8.png?1

Well I think it's already a tradition that St. Patrick's events to be harder, remember two years ago when they raised the amount of points to finish the events on this date?

Everyone got sooooo mad! Good times lol

I need to wash my hair and style it, because differently from Vats I don't want to spend the day with my hair in a lazy bun...

*sigh* Think I'll just let it straight, nah super straight, has been couple of weeks styling it slightly wavy, time for a change. Where's the flat iron?!

Happy hairy Sunday!:o
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Hahahhahah Vatsy, you always make me smile with your posts.. I am spending my lazy Sunday with a lazy bun and in bed.. I've been little sick (again urrgh) these past 3 days, so all weekend plans are cancelled and I am staying at home, catching up on KKH and books..

I've missed so many great items these past couple of weeks, but I've been travelling. My birthday was on March 6th, and I celebrated it 3 times lol one weekend (2.3 - 5.3) in Berlin with my cousin ( so close as brother), then with my friends in Sofia(6.3) and then the next weekend (9.3-13.3) went to Thessaloniki and from there finally flew to Rome with my girls and mama :) I had the best time, but I am soooo tired. For two weeks I had the feeling I was living at the airports lol

I missed KKH so much.. I love the new features, finally changed my NPC husband features.. although there are some bugs, I wrote in the support section, some items are missing, but so far I love the new update :)
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Aw you make me smile when you pop up here Sassy!!!

If I remember well, last year you also celebrated A LOT your B'day, then you got sick afterwards (maybe I'm mistaking the celebrations lol), and then we joked about you getting too old to party lol, time flies, but no more than Sassy girl who lives in airports seeking the ultimate party these days.:p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Aw you make me smile when you pop up here Sassy!!!

If I remember well, last year you also celebrated A LOT your B'day, then you got sick afterwards (maybe I'm mistaking the celebrations lol), and then we joked about you getting too old to party lol, time flies, but no more than Sassy girl who lives in airports seeking the ultimate party these days.:p

Hahahha omg yes! I really got sick last year too.. and I remember joking about getting too old to party.. hahahah well its true, Im getting old.. lol but that won't stop me to travel the globe in order to celebrate lol
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    GOSH don't start that talk again, cause I'm 10 months older than you...And you know what that means XD
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    ssy, wherever you are...that's the party right there. Just get rest, and relax a little, yiu might need a vacation from the vacay. I just finished the event, now to finish the event storyline. You know, at first when I saw the event bag, i thought the rainbow strap was referencing how a few tears back the NYC parade FINALLY allowed lgbt groups to march in the parade. So I thought that's what the rainbow ztrap was. Then i saw how the bag body looked like a pot of gold..i co nectes the xots. Honestly, i like my interpretation better.lol

I know i had to go through more GBs to win the gb items so yeah, it did seem a little like St. Patrick's day 2015. The items were there, i was just picking badly. Lol. Happy Sunday. Anyone need grinding encoouragement? How bout a song?

[video=youtube_share;PMivT7MJ41M]https://youtu.be/PMivT7MJ41M[/video]

Bruno helps when I'm tapping. That's what I like.lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    PopGlam Dublin is really gorgeous! I've never had the opportunity to do anything there before but I hope it comes up again in the future. Also, I appreciated the alternative background for the Hollywood shoot. Tapping is easier when there are pretty things to look at.

I've got 9 hours to earn ~300 points. I seriously doubt I'm going to make it, since parties are using up basically an entire energy bar, but I'm going to try.
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    PopGlam Dublin is really gorgeous! I've never had the opportunity to do anything there before but I hope it comes up again in the future. Also, I appreciated the alternative background for the Hollywood shoot. Tapping is easier when there are pretty things to look at.

I've got 9 hours to earn ~300 points. I seriously doubt I'm going to make it, since parties are using up basically an entire energy bar, but I'm going to try.

I hope you made it!

And yeah, this weekend seemed so tough? I managed but barely -

tumblr_on39o4rjQ31swz9zro1_1280.jpg

all 3 of the boxes I had this weekend gave me energy and even with all that and the event itself I had to use up ALL of the assorted partnership energy I'd earned up until this point to finish. The payout for the end of the storyline seemed really small this time too? Or maybe party events got harder without my knowledge since I usually don't try to finish. But the hair was there so I had to this time LOL
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Thanks, Andrzej, and congrats on finishing! I got within 50 points but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.