In need of advice

FairytaleFairytale Registered Users, Member 386 Posts
If i restart my game will i still end up with only 5 videos a day and the payed contour kit on my new doll? Cause i want to start over. I regret buying it and it completely ruined the game for me. Am i just cursed forever now or can i restart and i'll get my 20 videos a day back?

Comments

• AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    I am not sure if you will get back the videos you get for being a free player if you restart the game. Hopefully someone here has already tried it and can chime in!
    iOS
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Please don't risk anything by uninstalling and restarting your game! You could lose your wardrobe that you've spent time, money and energy building. Plus, if you restart, then you could still have 5 videos a day or none at all.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • FairytaleFairytale Registered Users, Member 386 Posts
    Wow, im so disappointed.. im probably gonna end up stop playing then :disappointed:
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Hi @Fairytale! I completely agree with everything @Angeline & Jon and @AliBryant have said. Unfortunately, I don't know if restarting the game on the same device will fix this problem. 

If you do restart the game on a different device you cannot buy anything or start the VIP free trial (Like Angeline said!). 

I also regret spending real money on the game as it really ruined the gameplay experience for me. If I were still receiving the same amount of daily videos a day as I used to I would be able to buy k-stars to supplement that amount to fully participate in the game. Unfortunately with how expensive kstars are I cannot fully participate in the game anymore--even though I've been making purchases regularly! It's kind of ridiculous. And kind of sad because I'd be more willing to spend more if I were getting more daily videos--I don't know if this makes sense at all, but I know without the daily videos I cannot afford to buy 500 kstars a week, so I don't even bother even buying smaller star packs because it honestly isn't worth it for one CHANCE at an item I want (because with kollections and gift boxes everything is chance now...).

I second @Angeline & Jon 's question. Will this problem ever be fixed? #DontPunishPayingCustomers 
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • kittycupskittycups Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    I agree with everyone else. I’m also starting to suspect these “random k-star sales” are targeted more towards players who have purchased very little to no k-stars in order to attract them to buy some. Of course I’m experiencing the dreaded cut in free k-star offers as well as the amount of videos I’m able to watch per day, but my irl boy friend and best friend who also play this game don’t buy k-stars like I do and they both have the sales as well as offers available. I’d like a break sometimes and be able to buy k-stars on sale. 

It’s incredibly unfair to punish players who are paying. We don’t fork over money to this game simply because we live in excess and luxury. It’s a treat to myself once in a while for working while putting myself through college — if it’s not being valued and instead penalized, then I see no reason to continue buying anything for this game any longer. 
    I personally dont have the money to buy k stars at all. Since it happened i have barely finished any events cause i literally have no motivation. When i bought the kkw kontour kit i took it out of my student fund cause i really liked it and i regret it ever since. I didnt know my videos would get reduced. If i would've known i would have never bought it.
  • yezxyezx Registered Users, Member 2,647 Posts
    Hey, I agree with all of the above and have some tips to get you stars:

- do the konnections and pick people for business, invite them for a job and when they reach 500, you get a star (then delete them from your contact list), honestly the Same with dating, I date till 500 and delete them (that way i dont lose fans)
    - do reality shows during vip events
    - vote during the sys (I already got 20 stars this week)
    - keep track of your businesses, especially Chevier, the ski logde, the hotel and the ice club
    - do offers! A lot of people get stars this way, some might be intensive, but others are not

i know it isnt a lot, and I also hate how we lost at least 15 stars a day, but I hope it helps a bit... I really hope this ever changes...

#dontpunishpayingplayers
    iOS player since June 2018. DM to add. 
    Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/4Jxu5dXCQU

Make kkh great again: 
    Cap on T$ - Be more generous with diamonds, stars and dye - Update tb items, perks, achievements and FG/SMC - Reduce points during weekday events - Jewelry for 12 diamonds every week -  20 daily videos for everyone
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    Absolutely try if you have a different device, just to see what restarting does. It can be an old whatever just to test out. I recently started an extra game and the difference is absolutely night and day from my paid game to my free one. And you can never restore special purchases, the moment you do that, it’s considered a paid game. 

If you have an old phone with a different account please test it out! 
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    @Fairytale I'm so sorry that you're feeling you want to quit. I can completely understand. I don't really have more advice to add to that of the other posters above, but wanted to say that if you do decide to stick with it, keep coming to the forum. I've found that the forum and the friends I've made playing this game make the game way more fun and are probably the reason I'm still around! <<hugs>>
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    Not to mention they have now removed k stars as a prize in trendsetters (at least this time around) i dont get why they have to take something away to give us something more? They should have added more thing and still kept the k star reward.
    Thanks to everyone for the tips though, it has brought my faith back a little bit so im gonna try my best to earn k stars! ❤
  • JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    I know how you feel @Fairytale. It's so unfair.. When I count the k-stars I've bought and the k-stars I could have earned from the videos, the result is that I have less money and LESS k-stars now :-( I wish I could tell you something positive but I am just as discouraged. Removing the video limit would mean the world to me. It's the sneakiest thing and literally a theft cause you don't get your money's worth.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    While I wish I got more than 5 videos to watch per day, there is no way I would have stayed with the game if I hadn't bought stars, simply because it removed the ads.  I remember finishing a task and just as my payout  popped up, so did an ad.  Talk about instant let down.  I hated the ad at every screenchange.  It was tedius.  After I bought stars for one game, and the ads were gone, I immediately bought them for the other 2.  If there was someway to remove the ads, without limiting the free videos that would be awesome but the Advertisers are the customers when it comes to sponsoring stars for videos.  We are the audience.  The Advertisers most def do call the shots. They decide what audience they will pay to watch their ads.
    But please don't connect Kalinda with dishonesty. That's unfair and undeserved. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Johana said:
    I know how you feel @Fairytale. It's so unfair.. When I count the k-stars I've bought and the k-stars I could have earned from the videos, the result is that I have less money and LESS k-stars now :-( I wish I could tell you something positive but I am just as discouraged. Removing the video limit would mean the world to me. It's the sneakiest thing and literally a theft cause you don't get your money's worth.
    So true doll👌🏾💯. You couldn't have said it any better. Smh shame on you glu. 
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

While I wish I got more than 5 videos to watch per day, there is no way I would have stayed with the game if I hadn't bought stars, simply because it removed the ads.  I remember finishing a task and just as my payout  popped up, so did an ad.  Talk about instant let down.  I hated the ad at every screenchange.  It was tedius.  After I bought stars for one game, and the ads were gone, I immediately bought them for the other 2.  If there was someway to remove the ads, without limiting the free videos that would be awesome but the Advertisers are the customers when it comes to sponsoring stars for videos.  We are the audience.  The Advertisers most def do call the shots. They decide what audience they will pay to watch their ads.
    But please don't connect Kalinda with dishonesty. That's unfair and undeserved. 
    But i still get ads so i dont have anything but a reduced video limit and a face that isnt worth all the loss.
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    edited January 2019
    @kokokokonut where was @KalindaKing unfairly connected with dishonesty?
    She did say in the past that the drop from 20 videos a day to 5 videos a day is linked to advertisers and location. And yes as you KoKo said it is true that advertisers pay to decide what customer sees their ads. 

However, there have been WAY too many incidents where players amount of videos a day dropped from 20 to 5 after making a purchase. And yes the pop up ads also dissappear, however when you go to the 'buy kstars' page it states that pop up ads will dissapear when buying kstars. It says nothing about free videos dropping to 5 a day.

It is simply the truth that your free videos drop after making a purchase, it's clear as day. And whether advertisers want that (I personally can't imagine an advertiser wanting paying players to see less ads, I mean they'd want people who are inclined to pay for apps in their app as well right?) or whether Glu wants it, it's a fact.

And Kalinda has been dishonest about it in the past, saying that it was linked about location. No shade meant whatsoever, just stating a fact. Whether she or the company made that decision, we don't know. She is just doing her job as well.
    I just wish she/Glu would admit it and fix it. #StopPayingCustomers 
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I'm not going to pull up the direct post, and reinforce what I felt was not fair.  Besides, in your very own post , you say she's been dishonest.  I'm not trying to throw stones or lessen anyone's feelings, but i don't need moderator near my name to stick up for someone who has brought wonderful things to the forum and never given us a hint of deception.   Use "glu"  don't single out staff for a company question.  I simply ask that we not assign perceived dishonesty or other negative trait with a person by name.   I don't think that's unreasonable.  And no this was not a big deal, but when you see and almost say things a number of times but hold your tongue, at some point you have to speak your mind. 
    With that, I'm out.  anyone wants to talk more about it, send me a dm. 

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited January 2019
    We are not connecting @KalindaKing with dishonesty, just stating the fact: If it all depends on advertisers, all 5 devices/ games that I have tested in the same location have the same results, 20 to 5 videos, coincident? So many players I have spoken to had the same experience. This is totally intentional and Glu has no interest in “fixing” it. Therefore, they just ignore us for years hoping us long time players will eventually give up and stop talking about it. I blame myself for being naive and believed that this can’t be intentional and Glu would fix it. 
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    edited January 2019
    Actually I said she hasn't been unfairly connected with dishonesty on this matter. I just hope she/glu (I mean she is their main spokesperson on this forum) comes clean about it. And I hope it gets fixed. 

Edit: I edited both my posts because of typos and such, my typing becomes worse when I get worked up. 

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    I've had this same issue in other mobile games too, to be honest. Using your credit card to make a purchase cuts down on the amount of ads you get for in-game currency or energy. 

It's a feature, not a bug.
    Still, even if it's a feature, a lot of dolls on the forum have spoken out about disliking it. 

@KalindaKing could you please tell us if this will get fixed in the future or if it'll stay the same? 

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts

KKH is the first and only game that I play long enough to spend money on. All other games I have played, I lost interest within 3 months, so, bravo Glu, you got me good! Just wish Glu was more transparent in this matter, so we weren’t blindsided. 

🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I play two other games.  
    One of them does not reduce your opportunity to earn game currency at all - no matter how much real life money you spend in the game. And even though that company likes to put its hand in our pockets as much as Glu, players exude goodwill toward those game developers because the players feel valued & heard. Honestly that games developers are more responsive than some bosses I’ve had in real life. 
    The other game i play does reduce your opportunity to earn game currency after you make a purchase. However unlike the 75% drop we see in KKH, their reduction is minimal.  Players also don’t feel the pinch like we do here because their in-game prices are significantly lower than KKH. 

Ironically enough I found both of those games due to KKH.  The first one I found 3 years ago, shortly after our dolls froze and this Forum crashed for a week. KKH lost the joy so I went looking for something else (while continuing scaled back KKH play).  Once I found my way back to enjoying the Forum and our dolls finally unfroze, I was looking for ways to earn Kstars since everything in KKH costs so much now. Although I spend a lot of real life money in KKH, I had to stop decorating homes and buying pets & businesses because their Kstar price tags are untenable. I ended up really enjoying a game that I only downloaded in order to earn kstars.  It is nothing like KKH but I continue to play it too. 

All of this was my long way of saying that, just like in the other games, the game developer determines how to utilize ads in their game.  Glu tries to deflect responsibility and act like it’s the tail that wags the dog. 
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • icechicicechic Registered Users, Member 280 Posts
    edited January 2019
    I also had the drop from 20 to 5 a day & had actual anxiety, stress, & panic afterward with lots of regret of my in-app purchase. Glu's customer service said it'd pass on my issue to the developers & to please be patient. I'll never forget that happened & spend kstars/play the game differently now because of the drastic difference & it isn't as much fun as it was prior. It's a struggle. I think the drop in daily videos after a purchase is a terrible business model.

I also play other games now to earn kstars & find this to be such a bad idea since it tempts people to play another game & dump this one. I now play other games more than this one just for kstars & it's sad because this is the game I want to be playing! So far I haven't switched to another game myself, but I could definitely see where people would. I've recently tried switching to just do other games during double kstar offers because I was spending so much time playing other games, I found it ridiculous. I gave myself a mini intervention. I also refuse to buy kstars with actual money because of what happened & not being notified of the drop before my in-app purchase.
    Glu, you'd get more business removing this defect. I'm so sure of it after reading this forum for a few months.

Edit-this added: I also would not start over. I tried a new game on my phone (I use an ipad) without signing in to gamecenter or facebook to see & didn't get any videos when this happened to me a few months ago. I think it might be because I had the same apple ID on both & maybe it was connected from that. Restarting might be an option if you don't care about losing everything & do it on a new device with a different ID, account, & all that. But I think doing it on your current device could be worse.
    I play three games on iOS devices.
    #MoreAds4Kstars
    #FixTheWine