Options

Monday Morning Afterglow...Maybe More Midweek Madness 6/27/17?

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Good Morning Dolls, Dude Dolls included. Was that a weekend event or was that a weekend event? Here's how I felt when I came down to the forum this morning.......tenor.gif. That gif I just posted? That's Family Friendly Forum for Afterglow. lol. And that's how I felt.......Still do.. I don't know about you, but here's how I felt when it was finished 9 1/2 hours ago...giphy.gif But now, another week, another Monday. And the inevitable question...Will we have a midweek event, and what will it be. (Seriously, do you think they are ready for another event so soon? *wink wink. But if they think they can go again then I'm ready. How do I feel after that sensational weekend? Do you know that last night, with about 5 minutes to go, I realized I still had enough to buy another 20$ package of Stars.....and made a mad dash to the star shop...yeah. I'm super in love with the game right now. How about you? So let's look to the future.....sometime this morning, when our very own Newly haircolored doll owning, glu goddess Kalinda pops in and tell us whether we're having a midweek, and what it will be. Be it something different, or another 5 Star something, or nothing at all, glu is still wonderful. But if we're dreaming......let's dream big. What would your ultimate midweek be? What about an event you dream up? If you could build an event....what would it be? And be real, glu is not going to give away the farm, nor do they expect us to give up an organ. But in the back of your mind you must have an idea for a sensational event. ......I'm sorry, the weekend took a lot out of me, I earned I spent, I won. So with that in mind, Hey Kim. Can you come over here and help me start the midweek anticipatory thread? You will? You're a doll. Kim-_Kardashian-1481223468.gif with enthusiasm like that, we have our thread opening ladies and dudes. Threads Open!
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134

Comments

• Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'm so dumb. I had a busy weekend and forgot to buy a k-star pack. I kept putting it off in case I received any google credits this weekend and was going to do it last night and completely blew it off.
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Thanks Koko for that wonderful kickstart to Monday!
    After that amazing weekend I'm so pumped for the midweek event! I'd love a SYS event but I think I'm looking for a little to much!

I think we will have a TB event and I'd like it to be a professional Iv a lot of gigs ready to go!
  • Options
    Oh I'm sorry Soundspretty. It was a pretty sweet sale. Lets hope it was soooooooo profitable that glu gives us another one soon. But, the rest of the event, did you enjoy that?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I'm embarrassed to say how many K-stars I earned over the weekend. The update was just here last week and I'm already at the max level. :p My summer break just started so bring on the midweek event! I think I've shopped enough for my dolls. Time to do some shopping for myself on a game off day. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    xxxnarwalsxxxxxxnarwalsxxx Registered Users 54 Posts
    I'm so dumb. I had a busy weekend and forgot to buy a k-star pack. I kept putting it off in case I received any google credits this weekend and was going to do it last night and completely blew it off.
    I'm in the same boat! I put off buying a pack and then come this morning, I remembered :(Like Koko said, I hope they have it again.
    ​Android Player
    Add on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brittany.shaw0701
    KKH: Charlotte, lvl. 30, A+List

Playing on Galaxy S8+ with Android version 7.0 (until I get a new tablet)
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    The midweek will be a VIP Throwback event!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    Thank you Kalinda. Have we ever had a VIP TB event? My brain could be on Kimiversary Event Weekend Overload...someone want to make me feel less stupid?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    What type of event is the vip tb? Will we get a Throwback sale like the one we just had?? I'm so confused lol
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    Sil5678 wrote: »
    What type of event is the vip tb? Will we get a Throwback sale like the one we just had?? I'm so confused lol
    I'm confused also. Is it going to be 500 points like always if so I dont know if im keen to spend 500 Kstars on a TB item that might be sunglasses or a pair of earrings honestly doesn't feel worth it to me. I might just spend 60 Kstars on the TB box and be done with it.
  • Options
    It works the same way as a VIP weekend, but the rewards are gift boxes (like other 5-Star Throwback Events).
    #VIPKalinda
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    We had the VIP midweek in April. I wish all four boxes are TB boxes. It would be even better if the TB sale was extended to the VIP midweek or opening multiple TB boxes in a row with reduced prices come back.

IMG_6078.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    To answer your question KoKo, yes we've had a VIP TB event and it received a lot of backlash. I really don't think it's worth spending 500 k-stars for one TB box, especially if it's a pair of sunglasses or a purse. I guess I won't be participating in this TB event. Glu tried to "fix" what wasn't broken and has ruined Midweek events by being greedy and only giving us one TB box instead of four like they used to. Sigh..
  • Options
    KimKHollyWoodAddictionKimKHollyWoodAddiction Registered Users 166 Posts
    It works the same way as a VIP weekend, but the rewards are gift boxes (like other 5-Star Throwback Events).
    Do we get free k stars per 5 starred gig just like VIP events also?
  • Options
    Yes, you can earn 1 K-star for every 5-star rating on a gig.
    #VIPKalinda
  • Options
    Selena.kkh wrote: »
    I really don't think it's worth spending 500 k-stars for one TB box, especially if it's a pair of sunglasses or a purse. I guess I won't be participating in this TB event.
    I don't think I will be participating in it either, Like I said I will buy a TB box and be done with the event Im not spending 500 Kstars for the chance of getting an accessory I would be so disheartened. If every box was a TB box they I would participate because you can be sure 1 of the 4 boxes would be an outfit or hair. Then again I could be unlucky and end up with 4 bags Il never use haha!
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Ok, thank you all! Now I know that I'm going to buy one or two items from the TB sale that I wasn't sure to buy and not going to partecipate in this midweek event, cause I'm not feeling to spend k stars on black and gold boxes to get cash and energy and getting something that I don't want from the TB box.
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    Now wait a minute, it's a new thing. We know nothing about it. How can we come off a great weekend like that and think the worst? It could be structured differently from the 3 gb then a TB. It could be a few TBs and an outfit... it could be anything. I'm excited to see what this new event is all about. I love trying new things.Eta: just read that we did have one. TY Doll. I'm thrilled to earn stars, but I'll keep an open mind. Lol. I love that we can earn stars... and maybe those tb items will still be avail. I'd shop some more....hair of the dog if you know what I mean. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I still need to decorate my hotel so I'm all for a VIP. Don't know if I'll go the full way if it does cost 500 k-stars but I always like earning something back when I spend them.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Yes, you can earn 1 K-star for every 5-star rating on a gig.

This is great news! Thanks for this :)
    PM to add
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh this is great! Thank you GluGods for hearing us and include the k-stars by each activity that we complete, this way the week doesn't feel so empty.

They just brought back the wardrobe sale, hope they consider to do more of those during VIPs to make us feel more rewarded and willing to finish these events.

All I was needing was an excuse to buy these cute sneakers that flashes pink lights, and now I have it! Oh and maybe buy furniture to Chevier or finish the hotel decoration too.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    While not very interested in buying toward the prize gift boxes (that is, if the first box is black, as it was previously -- a gold or TB box would be quite a bit more enticing!), I'm happy to hear that we'll be earning bonus K-stars on gigs! Thank you for that, Glu. I don't think I can keep up the same pace I held over the weekend, but I'll be present and playing throughout the week :)
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Options
    Hopefully Glu will keep with the tradition of sneaking in TB items in the black and gold boxes like they do with usual midweeks.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to this..there were def somethings I want to buy, like the fur jacket I didn't pick, a couple of headpieces, nails....plus....a Star for every 5star gig. This is like a snowball that isn't t ending. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    DRAT! I have an early meeting tomorrow but if people that are able to get started on the event could post the number of stars for each box that would be soooo awesome *pretty please with sugar on top* :o

I'm kinda hoping like KOKO, that the event will be something new ..... 2 TB boxes and 2 exclusive items would be an amazing TB event :D:D:D Can't wait for tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Kalinda did say GiftBoxes as prizes, but till we see the exact configuration who knows what rewards will await us? I'm psyched, I totally blanked on the previous time we had one, but seeing the graphic I guess we did. (Wondering what had my head up my heels in April that I'd forget a new event. Hmmmm. lol)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    With the news of the Kstars I went ahead and bought the ombre ponytail which at first I was meh on but then realized it had so much potential . Considering my black & gold boxes are always iffy, I'll work on replenishing my Kstar count during the midweek event and save that lovely fur coat and some pets for a VIP weekend
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    I struggled over whether to get the ombre ponytail too, but it just turns everything into such a Look. There are a bunch of things in my closet that are now suddenly wearable because the ombre ponytail completely transforms it. My doll's actually wearing that ugly denim jumpsuit right now and I kind of love it.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Options
    That's great about the hombre ponytail. I got a call from Maria about one of the new veils, I bought it and wasted half an hour styling it. lol. I didn't realize the sale was ending so soon, but, hey, it was unexpected, and you never look a gift horse in the mouth. But hey, the sales disappeared but the items remained. That's really pretty great in my opinion. If I wake up in the morning and they're still there.....move over Tb Event, I'm coming in. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I remember the big backlash over the last midweek VIP. I hope Glu has come up with a few tweaks to Improve it. I wait to spend GC on VIP weekends because then I'm earning 3-4 additional items. I'm not going to spend my GC just for the opportunity to see palettes of gift boxes that include kash and energy.

If glu hasn't improved the VIP midweek, then I'm patient and will wait until the next VIP weekend.
    I will definitely take advantage of earning some GC.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    2127ghj.jpg

thinkthistle that's why I got it as well. I was wearing it while going thru everything else and was like wow! it seems to go great with all the jumpsuits for sure. i'm such a Khloe now
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College