Options

Ads appearing again after purchases - iOS version

LunchmeatlipsLunchmeatlips Registered Users 87 Posts
Hi all,
First off, I've been in contact with Glu via the in app messaging system and found out there's no solution as of right now, I just need to vent a moment! :(

I've been playing KKH (on iOS) for the past year and I'm OBSESSED!! I've made plenty of purchases over the year for star packs, cash stacks and other things. Ads (as in third party ads, not KKH/Glu ads) have started to pop up again all of a sudden. Has this happened to any one else?? :( and of course it happens when I'm trying to hold off on the in app purchases for a while haha!!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, still new to the forum :)
Thanks all!!
✧♡✧ platform: iOS & Android✧♡✧

✧♡✧ level: 30 ✧♡✧

✧♡✧ keepin' it Kardashian ✧♡✧

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Just a thought, have all your purchases been on sale? I recently learned that when they have a reduced price deal or a double Stars deal going on, those discounted purchases are not included. IF this is the case with your situation, personally I would just buy the smallest star pack at full price. This may or may not apply to your situation.

welcome me to the forum, I'm sorry it's a problem that sent you, but you're here now, so welcome to the family too. Lol.now, in a few minutes. I'll move these two posts over to the vent thread.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    I always purchase the £ 4.99 packing you get 50 kstars and I still get ads...
  • Options
    No, nearly all of my purchases have been full price :( including the XL star packs, for $40 dollars. I've also bought outfits from the Shop my Closet events. I don't know if the outfits count for removing ads, but I thought all of the star packs and cash stacks removed ads. It's just extra weird because as I've said, I've been playing for the last year and now suddenly they're appearing again. I didn't see any until about a week ago, and now they won't go away. Oh well, guess I'll have to buy more stars!

Thanks for the welcome, this forum is great for information!!

• Options
    KKHJeremyyKKHJeremyy Registered Users 78 Posts
    There is a way to fix this doll! Just do restore special purchases and ads should go away. :)
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    There are some players said buying SMC also got rid of ads in their games but it's not the case in my game.
    Also, the announcement in the Starshop :"Any of these purchases also removes advertisements!" is not there in my game anymore so I don't think buying any pack of Kstars would get rid of ads in the future. I have tried restore speacial purchases and it didn't work.

It's not just a vent, this is an issue Glu should be taking care of. Thanks! :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I am so sorry this is happening to some players. I don't know what I'd do if ads returned. The time between a screen refresh, like going from room to room, or after adding a friend but before they appear is so long on my Androids, any more delay would absolutely kill those games for me. Not because I'm a B but because my devices won't take it well. My Samsung View delay is so long, I could go make a sandwich while it changes. I hope this is fixed.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KKHJeremyy wrote: »
    There is a way to fix this doll! Just do restore special purchases and ads should go away. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, trying that now!!

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestion, trying that now!!

Ads are still popping up after I restored special purchases :(

• Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Yeah, my ads have never gone away. Hundreds spent on stars(plenty full price), months of paying for a VIP subscription which just unexpectedly stopped working even though i had paid for it 2 weeks prior, multiple SMCs purchased.... and constant ads. Whenever I see people recommend to people to buy stars so they don't get ads i want to pull my hair out in frustration for not getting those benefits lol. Also, I've tried the restore special purchases "trick" and it didn't work for me either.

Every time my weakness gets the best of me and I buy more stars, I cross my fingers and pray that this is the time it will work, but of course it never does.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    ldavis1636 wrote: »
    Yeah, my ads have never gone away. Hundreds spent on stars(plenty full price), months of paying for a VIP subscription which just unexpectedly stopped working even though i had paid for it 2 weeks prior, multiple SMCs purchased.... and constant ads. Whenever I see people recommend to people to buy stars so they don't get ads i want to pull my hair out in frustration for not getting those benefits lol. Also, I've tried the restore special purchases "trick" and it didn't work for me either.

Every time my weakness gets the best of me and I buy more stars, I cross my fingers and pray that this is the time it will work, but of course it never does.

Oh man that is SO annoying!!! Especially cuz it seems like certain parts of the day they play wayy more ads than usual..
    With the amount of money spent, you definitely deserve to be ad free! Hope they figure out a solution soon. Glu said they'd give me a free star pack since they couldn't solve the issue, I have yet to see that either 😖