Options

Spread the joy box not received

Selly kkhSelly kkh Registered Users 58 Posts
Hi,

I’m Ios and I have a big issue since the spread the joy box is there. I can’t receive gifts from my fb friends. From what I know, two friends sent me boxes but I NEVER received them and it’s really annoying because they spent money for gifts and give and it’s like money was wasted. I don’t know if it happened to many people but I really hope that my issue can be solve... :/ 
✨SELLY KKH✨

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    The only way to address this, is for the person who purchased the boxes to contact customer care, along with Receipts. I do not believe you will be able to have the boxes resent, but at least the purchaser can try and get some recourse. I'm sorry this happened to some people. But just like when players say "A friend sent me some gifts and I never got the", it is the purchaser who has to contact customer care, and again, I don't know of any recourse, but that is the way to proceed If you are anxious to get the items before it's too late, you can purchase them for yourself. I'm sorry I'm not more help. :(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    The only way to address this, is for the person who purchased the boxes to contact customer care, along with Receipts. I do not believe you will be able to have the boxes resent, but at least the purchaser can try and get some recourse. I'm sorry this happened to some people. But just like when players say "A friend sent me some gifts and I never got the", it is the purchaser who has to contact customer care, and again, I don't know of any recourse, but that is the way to proceed If you are anxious to get the items before it's too late, you can purchase them for yourself. I'm sorry I'm not more help. :(
    the problem is that there is not one friend, the problem is that many friends tried and I didn’t got them. Thank God I already bought some boxes but when I see that friends tried to send me boxes and I couldn’t receive them it’s upsetting mainly for them because they wanted to be kind and they paid for them but also for gift. It works for other friends but when it comes to me, nothing so I don’t get how this is the problem of them when it’s me the problem. btw, I just wanted to know what I could do and it’s saddly nothing. Thank you ☺️.
    ✨SELLY KKH✨
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited January 2018
    It’s not just you. It happened to me and some of my friends as well. I really hope that Glu will find a way to fix the connection issue if they want to continue this sending ? to friends feature. It’s such a good way to interact with friends but I don’t want to go through contacting support, sending them proof of purchase, asking for “help” and then might or might not get my ?. By then the fun is gone. ?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    that is so not true @kokokokonut i was the purchaser spent money for boxes and i sent gift boxes someone did not get the box i sent them and i contacted glu they simply told me to tell the person i sent the gift box to, to contact them and they'll look into it. some people got the boxes i sent them whereas some did not.

you're right about one thing the person didn't get resent the gift box and i wasn't compensated for it all so quite honestly it is pointless to even contact them about this since they are of no help.
  • Options
    @astray I have to disagree with that response. I would love to see the response to someone who writes in : Dear customer care, my friend Liz bought me 4 boxes. I didn't get them.
    I stand behind my advice. B)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Actually, Glu told me the same thing :S I paid for the box and the receiver didn't get the gift. Glu's reply to me was to have the other person submit a ticket so they could look at their game. They closed my ticket but to my knowledge the situation still has not been resolved :(
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    We have got the same response it seems @SugarK The situation was not handled at all with my issue either so I accepted that there wasn't much they were willing to do. I didn't bother with buying more boxes out of fear that it would just repeat the issue before.

Since I have no reason to lie on GLU, lol, you have a right to disagree @kokokokonut but I am one of the many who has probably followed your advice and I got the exact response I told you I got.

you don't seem to believe it koko so I guess my screenshot of their response will have to do, don't worry I blacked out the person's name. ?
  • Options
    I wasn't saying that's not what they said, I said the advice was not good. While I can understand them wanting to take a look and see if there was something in the receivers game stopping them from receiving the gifts, in my case, the notice asking if you'd like to send a note of thanks knocked out the 2nd gift coming in, and as a result the receiver lost the first item, and never chose the 2nd box because their game crashed. I was told to submit the receipts showing the purchases, but in the end mine weren't resolved either. Probably going forward, they'll tinker with the response thing and tighten up the whole system. Would I rather have the Spread the Joy event knowing there could be problems with getting gifts? Yes. I received some gifts, and bought the rest of the boxes and ended up with more clothes than I would have otherwise.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Well that is what your response kind of seemed like you were implying that you disagreed with my comment but messages are often misunderstood. It's great that you'd rather have it but being this is the first time i have ever participated in anything like this i'd rather not take a chance on wasting money for no reason so yeah to each its own I guess is what I am trying to say. :smile:
  • Options
    Let’s be honest. Even if the person who sent the gift and the one who received the gifts have sent the tickets, Glu would do nothing to help. It’s the second time I see that, the first one was with valentine’s gifts. I’m disappointed to see that glu doesn’t help and always send as answer : the other player must send a ticket and in the end nothing is solved, no boxes is giving to compensate. The only answer to the unlucky people is go buy one but isn’t the deal to being able to send a gift ? At the end two people are disappointed. In my country we have to pay nearly 4€ and in that way they could have just make the price lower like 2€ because if my friend can’t receive my gift Glu must stop doing that thing. 
    ✨SELLY KKH✨
  • Options
    edited January 2018

@astray I have to disagree with that response. I would love to see the response to someone who writes in : Dear customer care, my friend Liz bought me 4 boxes. I didn't get them.
    I stand behind my advice. B)

Ah, I was in direct reply to the “customer care response” you posted. Sorry for the confusion. Whenever things are restored, we have to supply receipts. ( receipts or didn’t happen . Lol) so since I can say talulah sent me Boxes, and there is no way to prove it, or suppose she just ‘said’ she sent them. Whereas I was using a logical response, ‘well if Tallulah can prove she bought boxes and my game shows I have none, at least I’ve proven 2/3 of it.”

So, I wanted to clarify I wasn’t telling you Customer Care didn’t tell you that. I was saying they SHOULD be addressing it from a point of ‘follow the paper’...in this case receipts. That there response was not right, in my opinion.
    Bottom line, it had flaws and that ‘do you want to send a thankyou’ Was a big problem if you sent someone more than one box. I hope they continue it, and refine it for Valentine’s Day. as the purchaser, I know I get my items, as a sender....I hope it gets there, I’ll learn how to run video on the whole transaction, but I’d hate to see a potentially wonderful feature thrown out with the bath water.(expression I learned from my Nana. Apparently before running water was in all homes, people would take the basin of water and toss the water out the window. Whether or not people were stupid enough to toss their baby out with the bath water, well, people are stupid at times. But I don’t see how it was such a phenomena that a phrase would be coined.). Ok, that’s my wandering thoughts for a Wednesday morning. I feel the need to go pop music in a thread somewhere. But not here, we’re still peeved over the non receipt of gift boxes. B)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    My last thought on this, and remember I am totally agreeing that it’s faulty. But if it had been an outright “buy a box for 2.99’ with no possibility of sending a box to a friend, how many of us would still have bought the box for ourselves? I would. I wanted to send boxes to friends, and I even bought boxes after I was done, because I wanted to try and send gifts. I just choose when to let something bug me, and when not to. I’d hate to miss out on the extra clothes, but if my friend doesn’t get my gift, I still feel half is better than none.
    After reading all these posts, and seeing all the tickets, I’m sure they’ll work on the bugs. lets keep our fingers crossed for smoother delivery. See, I’m not saying glu doesn’t have to work on this, and I am saying that our friends should have gotten their gifts, but when there is nothing we can do, my thought process is to lodge the complaint, then dismiss the angst out into the universe, and be less stressed about it.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    It is quite alright @kokokokonut i tend to misinterpret stuff we will just blame it on me possibly having the flu, my head is pounding and i've stuffed myself with cold medicine so we can blame that too, lol.

Ngl I'd purchase either way because I want the items as well, I found it worked pretty good when I'd send the items between my dolls so if they still do it for Valentine's day I'll probably just do it like that from now on.
  • Options
    KellsieMKellsieM Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Me and my sister both purchased gift boxes and are having the same issue. 😔
  • Options
    hi @KellsieM Welcome to the Forum, I'm sorry you  are having a problem.  You can send a ticket to Customer Care, and include copies of the PlayStore/App Store receipt.  You can send the ticket from the top left corner of your game screen.  3 lines in a sqaure shape, tap that.
    ( lll/ help/ Glu Support )  Good luck,and again Welcome.
    Hope you stick around we'll be getting spoilers for tomorrow's event in a few hours!  Nice to meet you.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary