Options

♥KK:H Weekend Event 5/11/18 - Have a Classy Mother's Day and More

Comments

• Options
    klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    Kalinda, I noticed the black chocker that I got in the gift box of the kollection is located under Misc. Any chance it could be moved to jewellery where it belongs? While there, also noticed another that should not belong.
    Thanks.

iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    @klena I can make a request!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited May 2018
    I love the clothes. The Kollections items. Hair, dress, shoes are fabu and the earrings are nice.  so far i earned the necklace...my mistaken activity buying gb instead of collection picks got me some extra energy.  Lol.  but I cannot for the earner dress & hair.  the pieces really look nice together and with other items
    Tbh I did miss the thrill when I pick a good GB with an item in it.  but I liked being assured that I wouldn't be up in the 500s chasing the hair with no guarantee that the hair would be mine.
     I'm on the fence. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited May 2018
    Maybe if the GB prizes were better. I'd be more willing to open an event kollections box had I received k-stars (like some others on here ended up doing) but I got kash in my box so... no thank you.

In fact, I didn't even have a k-star box in my palette this morning. I had: 3 energy boxes, 4 kash boxes, and 1 event point box.

I also agree with someone else's comment that had this been a VIP event my attitude would be completely different. In that case I would be ok with opening a special kollection vs. gift box items because I'd be spending k-stars anyway.
  • Options
    SarahbunnySarahbunny Registered Users 25 Posts
    edited May 2018
    I'm afraid I have to agree with nearly everyone here - I really don't like the new weekend event format and I'd much rather have the old format :)

I am, however, quite chuffed about having the wine back! ♥
    Sarah ♥
    KKH: Level 33 | iOS Player
    Moderator at the Kim Kardashian Hollywood Fandom Wiki
  • Options
    Loveflower01Loveflower01 Registered Users 331 Posts
    Hi everyone, does anyone know if there are any gigs for the event I can’t seem to find them.. ?
    Danielle
    IOS
    I play on iPhone 8plus
    Happy Summer 🌻

• Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I'm writing this from my IPad which doesn't know all the KKG lingo so I apologize in advance for messing this up. I already tried to post once, but when I tried to add a picture, it vanished

Anyway, like others have noted I'm not a fan of this concept. While I have spent over 340 Kstars for an item I don't always get, I find this to be overall unfair

The Kollections are rigged so you only get the best prizes last

Overall I don't chase too badly and hope I get at least one item. This makes sure I don't get anything unless I spend. This is esp a bummer for those who can't spend money on the game and therefore won't be able to earn anything special

The game should be fun, but this will only make us work harder without bonus points unless we spend more. Guys are already shorted an item and you're asking them to spend money on a game that forgot about them this update?
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Like a zidiot I forgot the picture again. Sorry for the extra post but I don't want to possibly lose it again

Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    I think I wouldn't like it even if it was a VIP event instead. As I wouldn't want to (have to) spend my saved up stars on the event kollection, but on something else in the game I was eyeing and waiting the VIP for to buy. I simply don't like the concept of paying for a chance of bonus points from the item. I'd much rather have the old format of the event with regular gift boxes. I hope this is just a trial and that we will not have it in the future events, when they see our reactions.
    As for the items, I like the earnables. And the kollection hair, though I won't be buying it. Still haven't started the weekend storyline, so have no thoughts on that.
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • Options

Hi everyone, does anyone know if there are any gigs for the event I can’t seem to find them.. ?

The first gig is called "Kris Kare". The timer started after a call from Kim.

• Options
    SarahbunnySarahbunny Registered Users 25 Posts

You should've gotten a call from Kim that she wants to help out her Mum for the weekend! The goal is called Kris Kare :)
    Sarah ♥
    KKH: Level 33 | iOS Player
    Moderator at the Kim Kardashian Hollywood Fandom Wiki
  • Options

Mani, I have a question, did you want to buy the plain Gift Boxes, instead of the Kollections? I ask because you showed those other boxes, and I don‘t want to further confuse players.

Once your free box takes you to that Old Style GB Palette, you chose a box. NO event items are in the box, the items are all in the KOLLECTIONS boxes. So, I & others have made the mistake of staying in the regular palette when I meant to exit, and go back to the Kollections.

Kalinda/GLU should have done a better job explaining this mess of an event. I have a hard time believing that GLU didn't know that people were going to end up accidentally wasting K-stars opening regular boxes only to get event points, energy, kash, etc. 😡
    My opening regular gbs instead of Kollections was all on me. The same way I buy extra GBS after I've never gotten all the items, I just didn'the pay attention. I looked it all over over before I began, bought some Kollection picks, and got to pick a GB knew I was in GBs, put the tapper in me, just saw open box, see proze, tap anothr, say yes to the charge.....Thing is, I lost track of what I was doing. I roam the world long after I have full enrgy, just tapping and moving like an idiot. So, glu wasn't sneaky, and I understood how it worked, but you can't blame the game if I'm not paying attention.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Idk I think it was a little confusing. I think most people thought the free GB was actually a free kollection box. I know I did. I'm not one to chase, but I would've fallen for the same thing had I done so.
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I have so many thoughts.... but won’t be able to post all at once as I’m dealing with real life distractions.
    When I opened my game today I noticed something was different but didn’t know why because I haven’t been to the Forum since Wednesday. Normally when I start playing on Friday several of my Forum friends’ dolls are already wearing event items. Today I noticed a few dolls with the GB earrings but nothing else from GB. This was unusual enough that I made note of it despite quickly using my energy up so I could come to the Forum.
    I was shocked to learn about the GB/Kollection change. I could probably come up with a dozen reasons why this is a terrible idea but right now I will focus on what I consider the most important. It is now IMPOSSIBLE for players to earn one “free” GB item. (That language is even wrong because there are actually NO “GB items” but just GB boxes of kash, energy, event stars, and the occasional Kstars and the former “GB items” are now a “weekend Kollection.”) This is a TERRIBLE decision because it drastically penalizes the honest players who work hard to earn Kstars. These honest players are now forced to gamble with their Kstars on a Kollection (and it’s not even fair odds gambling).

I am a player who spends real life cash on this game. Literally (and embarrassingly) hundreds of dollars a year. But I will not spend 1 Kstar on the weekend Kollection. I will not do anything that can be seen as an endorsement of this change.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Since the items each had their own box, I realized right away that the GBS wouldn't have Event items. Otherwise, you would have 2 of the event drresses? One in a gb and one in the Event dress Box in the Kollectons palette. So I'm smart sometimes.......but when I start tapping I do become a crazed grinder.

I feel bad, because Someone worked really hard to get the wine back for us. And it had nothing to do with us trying this new Kollectons event weekend. Weekend events are planned a good long time in advance. Evrything has to coordinate for all the platforms for every aspect of the event. The wine is a stand alone aspect pretty much. Going in to adjust an assigned value is a much simpler thing, and can be done sooner than developing and scheduling a weekend event.

I'm sorry to keep gong on about this. Returning the wine was a gift. A stand alone thing having nothing to do with this or any other event. Timing sucked, but like we don't all know that sometimes timing is just awful? When talking about the wine, please lets go back to the warm fuzzy feelings we had when our Glu Goddess told us about it.

Complain about the event all you like, but don't think the wine reversal was to sugar coat anything. I see it as a Mothers Day gift that keeps on giving. Let's show the bartender a little love here.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Jax is outcasted from this whole situation because he broke, and now probably going to end up with yet another incomplete suit outfit.

PM to add
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Respectfully disagree Koko. I understand completely where you're coming from (and trying to stay positive as usual 😊 which normally I think is great and love you for it), but the wine was Glu's own doing. It should have never happened in the first place. I'm grateful it's fixed, but I'm not going to praise them for something they purposely ruined ESPECIALLY when in the same breath they introduce another feature that is meant to hurt honest players. Maybe it wasn't intended to deflect, but it certainly is not a good look.
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I AM very happy that Glu corrected their error in judgement and returned the payout for the vintage wine.
    I know @KalindaKing went to bat for us and truly appreciate it.
    I agree it stinks that our happiness about the wine is being overshadowed by the GB/Kollection debacle. I hope Kalinda understands that the last thing any of us want to do is discount her advocacy.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    whiteponywhitepony Registered Users 35 Posts
    webra said:
    I made the mistake of opening additional giftboxes, not realizing that event items were ONLY in the kollections. Honestly, this has made me so frustrated and angry. Wtf?! I spent 80 k stars for kash and energy, such bs and so unfair.
    This makes me mad. I assumed the giftboxes were all like mine, with both 60 and 40 Kstar chances in each. Yours is completely unfair.
    I know! This is the palette that nightmares are made of! 
    I didn't even realize that other players were getting 60 k-stars or accessories before opening my game which makes my awful palette even worse. 
    iOS player
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I echo everything soundspretty said above and then add that none of us are stupid, we all expected there to be ITEMS in the gift boxes. It's an insult to say it's our faults if we opened GBs and didn't know they would not be part of the Kollection. 

As for the wine, I don't thank people who bend me over a barrel and don't stop until after I scream for it to stop for weeks. It was a scumbag move that should have never happened.

Taking away gift boxes is another scumbag move. If future events have this system, I'm done. If I EVER see it again, I'm done. And when I am done I will blast this game and its practices on all the mommy and gamer blogs I can. 

Why would a company treat people who have given them thousands of dollars like this? It's disgusting and amoral. 

• Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Kalinda, not most of us. I don't see anybody here who likes this event. Who cares about the quest or the items if this change is so bad?
    I think it's pretty clear. Or does Glu need a sh😯tstorm on social media to understand? 
    Android
  • Options
    KimKHollyWoodAddictionKimKHollyWoodAddiction Registered Users 166 Posts
    Inspiration for this weekend. 
  • Options
    whiteponywhitepony Registered Users 35 Posts
    Mani, I have a question, did you want to buy the plain Gift Boxes, instead of the Kollections? I ask because you showed those other boxes, and I don‘t want to further confuse players. Once your free box takes you to that Old Style GB Palette, you chose a box. NO event items are in the box, the items are all in the KOLLECTIONS boxes. So, I & others have made the mistake of staying in the regular palette when I meant to exit, and go back to the Kollections.
    Kalinda/GLU should have done a better job explaining this mess of an event. I have a hard time believing that GLU didn't know that people were going to end up accidentally wasting K-stars opening regular boxes only to get event points, energy, kash, etc. 😡
    My opening regular gbs instead of Kollections was all on me. The same way I buy extra GBS after I've never gotten all the items, I just didn'the pay attention. I looked it all over over before I began, bought some Kollection picks, and got to pick a GB knew I was in GBs, put the tapper in me, just saw open box, see proze, tap anothr, say yes to the charge.....Thing is, I lost track of what I was doing. I roam the world long after I have full enrgy, just tapping and moving like an idiot. So, glu wasn't sneaky, and I understood how it worked, but you can't blame the game if I'm not paying attention.
    Sorry but I disagree. If multiple players are having the same problem then it's not all the players fault for not paying attention, it's the game not explaining things properly. 

I'm sorry that most of you don't like how we changed the weekend event. We're also curious about your reactions to the new items and the Mother's Day quest, so keep posting your thoughts and I'll share your feedback with the team. If you have friends outside the forum who want to share opinions about the event, please encourage them to tweet @KKHOfficial or send an Instagram DM to @KKHOfficial.
    Tbh this whole thing has left such a sour taste in my mouth that the new items and quest could be the most amazing items/quest and I'd still be disappointed.

To get all of the items you'd have to spend 340 stars. If a player had 0 stars and decided to buy a star pack to afford the kollection they'd have to buy the $39.99 pack for 460 stars and they'd be left with 120 stars after purchasing the entire collection. It's $9.99 to purchase 105 stars. Rounding up you'd be left with about $9.99 worth of stars, meaning you'd spent around $30 worth on the kollection. That's a pretty high amount for virtual items. Someone please correct me if my math is wrong
    iOS player
  • Options
    Loveflower01Loveflower01 Registered Users 331 Posts
    You should've gotten a call from Kim that she wants to help out her Mum for the weekend! The goal is called Kris Kare :)
     @sarahbunny  thanks I haven’t gotten it yet plus as pretty as the kollections are they aren't worth it. To me at least.😔 
    Danielle
    IOS
    I play on iPhone 8plus
    Happy Summer 🌻

• Options
    edited May 2018
    I get it, and of course you can all disagree with me. But I swear to you, the Kollections Weekend Event had nothing to do with reversing the bad wine decision. Think of it this way, one came from Versace, one from Marchesa. I want to make sure Marchesa knows she's appreciated, and not to blame for the new Versace.
    I hope that made sense. Now please continue to post how you feel about the Event.

@whitepony -I blamed myself for my purchased Gbs, I even explained my technique of tapping like a lunatic and not paying esoevislky at 5 jjn the miirnjjng.. I'm talking about what I did I didn't want anyone to think I was blaming Glu I'm blaming me for my actions. This is not a judgement call about how other people played.

The ONLY thing I'm trying to get anyone to see is that the Kollections Event and the reversed wine decision should not be put in the same Basket. Aside from speaking about my own game, the only take away I'm trying to give anyone is that the wine and the Kollection event are Not connected.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    I wish the necklace I got from the free box actually gave me event points.
    Platform: Android

• Options
    AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    Is anyone else experiencing this? 

I feel like this is becoming a thing on my game! 
  • Options
    regarding the new way to get items 

1. Love a new way! Congrats! 
    2. Love that we can get Tb items. 

However,

2. I have all the current items, so that’s no biggie to me.
    1. I have a perfect system to keep my kstars balanced and this messes it up fr.

Unless they make it a little more exciting with maybe100 kstars or no kash, this is really not fun! I’d rather they spiced it up a bit and maybe alternate with the regular way we’ve been doing. 

Overall; this seems like a Who Wore It Better type of situation. And the box dress is a little weird in fitting! So! Looking forward to another weekend! 
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Ok, I'll go tap for a bit and give everyone a break from my one song. Actually if you heard me sing it would bring tears to your eyes and not because I'm good honest to God my son's first sentence was " don't sing mama " and he put his little finger up to my lips to keep my mouth shut too he wasn't quite 2 so its like a toddler sentence but it was definitely don't sing mama. LOL
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Respectfully disagree Koko. I understand completely where you're coming from (and trying to stay positive as usual 😊 which normally I think is great and love you for it), but the wine was Glu's own doing. It should have never happened in the first place. I'm grateful it's fixed, but I'm not going to praise them for something they purposely ruined ESPECIALLY when in the same breath they introduce another feature that is meant to hurt honest players. Maybe it wasn't intended to deflect, but it certainly is not a good look.
    Well, here I read something I agree with. The changes only encourages people to hack and cheat!