Options

♥KK:H Weekend Event 5/11/18 - Have a Classy Mother's Day and More

Comments

• Options
    ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    edited May 2018
    This is just weird o.O
    Here's my freebie:

It has two other tb professional items. The bag is not giving bonus event points if anybody is wondering.. I don't like this change at all.... With having gift boxes the way they were before, we at least had a fair shot at getting an item. The chance was equal for all the items. Now we need to pay for them, build our way up to win the dress or the hair, by paying Kstars... We don't even have a chance of getting bonus points from items at all for free. If we want bonus points from item, we have to spend Kstars and hope to get an item. NO, NO. I'm not even paying for the first box..
    Here's this bag tho..

It's all just weird and I don't like it.
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    edited May 2018
    genthea said:
    Good days! So I got 60 stars from my free box. I actually didn’t like the kollection but earning an extra 60 stars gave me an urge to open boxes so I got the earrings first, then the shoes. I stopped there because I actually really didn’t like the items. 

If there’s anyone wondering: gift boxes don’t contain Kollection items. You can earn gift boxes in Kollections.

Oh no! So it means that we won't be able to get bonus points unless we use our k-stars to buy kollection boxes in hoping to get an event item that gives us bonus points, yes? 😦 
    I was hoping they would also give us the option to get the event items the old fashioned way... 😣
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Options
    JohanaJohana Registered Users 520 Posts
    edited May 2018
    Oh no. If I see this again, I'll probably give up on the game. But I hope that our feedback will matter. Having an expensive VIP event is enough for me, I would not pay hundreds of stars every weekend.
    I did buy the kollection, and of course I got earrings and all the other prizes first, and the shoes, hair and dress in the end. Dress is the last one for 70 stars, but I'm not paying it cause I was going for the hair.
    The kollection costs 340 K-stars
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing how much it costs with us @Johana ! That's way too many stars to spend every weekend. I save up every month for a VIP and chase only when I really really want something. Usually I'd open the freebie and hope to get an item. Now we don't even have a free chance to have bonus points..
    #newcomebacks
    Playing since release.
  • Options
    klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    Yup, no event GB items in free box. Not good for players relying on just the 1 free box for GB item. Looks like if you want GB you have to open the kollection & hope you don’t get energy or kash first. In the old system, you might have a chance at hair or dress in your free box but say bye bye to that.

I decided to try out this kollection to see what would happen even though I’m not keen on the dress or hair. But then I realised if its like other kollections I would have no chance of picking them anyway for the first 3 picks.
    First pick - earrings (so at least 1 GB for event)
    Second pick - box (4 lots of beautiful kstars & I picked energy lol)

Third pick - box (got a black chocker)

iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited May 2018

Here is my GB Pallette, I was stupid enough to Open 3 Boxes 😂

My 1st pick was a free box, like you, after i picked my item...cash, I went for another box, not realizing I was not taking another Event Kollection Box, I was taking another regular box...ugly earrings but lesson learned, RIGHT?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kate_kkhkate_kkh Registered Users 172 Posts
    Here is my freebie. I really hope that GLU will read our feedbacks and return to the old system. This is really weird to pay k-stars not even for event items, but for a CHANCE to get them, and for energy and cash. 

KKH player on iOS since february 2017
    Let's be friends! https://www.facebook.com/kate.kkh.900
    #CapForT$
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Kalinda and team, you asked for feedback, so here it is. This stinks. Please never do weekend exclusive collections ever again.

This was my free box. I will not be spending any stars to participate in the collections. 

Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    edited May 2018
    I hope this kind of event never happens again. I blew through my stars to get the kollection cause I hate missing out (yes, I have a severe case of FOMO) and here are the boxes in the kollection: 

And since I got event points I reached my free box too:

All in all the kollection cost 340 stars. It’s not too bad if you think about what the other kollections cost these days, but we should at least get a k-star for every gig we finish this weekend so people could earn some back. 

I tried it but I did not like this type of event, so if it pops up again I won’t participate. If Glu wants us to spend more stars, they should give us better chances to earn some back. Increase payout on businesses, increased k-star prices in boxes etc.
    So thanks for trying to come up with other types of events, but this was not a good one in the end, in my opinion. 
  • Options
    Mani, I have a question, did you want to buy the plain Gift Boxes, instead of the Kollections? I ask because you showed those other boxes, and I don‘t want to further confuse players.

Once your free box takes you to that Old Style GB Palette, you chose a box. NO event items are in the box, the items are all in the KOLLECTIONS boxes. So, I & others have made the mistake of staying in the regular palette when I meant to exit, and go back to the Kollections.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Was #fixthewine meant to distract us from this awful decision?? Not even a free kollections box in place of a free GB?? From what I'm seeing, 2 of us actually tried the kollection and got earrings first pick. Again, it'll be interesting to see if others take a chance and see what they get *cough*rigged*cough
  • Options
    @kokokokonut The first two screenshots are from the two boxes you’re able to get within the kollection. The last screenshot is my free gb box. I just wanted to show how they might look/what you might win. 
  • Options
    Mani86 said:

@kokokokonut The first two screenshots are from the two boxes you’re able to get within the kollection. The last screenshot is my free gb box. I just wanted to show how they might look/what you might win. 

Oh, ok, so the Kollections picks were the 2 GB prozes. Gottcha. Then the free GB as the 1st earner event prize. I was afraid players like myself, we're getting confused in the GB palette. But I still wish you had better luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    From what I can tell, if you buy gb boxes (or open the ones in the kollection) this weekend, all you’ll be getting is cash, energy, stars or event points. So that’s a bit disappointing. 

I hope everyone has a good weekend either way. :)
  • Options

Was #fixthewine meant to distract us from this awful decision?? Not even a free kollections box in place of a free GB?? From what I'm seeing, 2 of us actually tried the kollection and got earrings first pick. Again, it'll be interesting to see if others take a chance and see what they get *cough*rigged*cough

I tried the kollection, for whatever reason, quite impulsively I just decided to go for it, to see if ill get anything different. But no, i got the earrings as well. Not playing anymore, definitely. I regretted spending 20 kstars immediately. I really hope the events in future are back to the way they used to be.
    #newcomebacks
    Playing since release.
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Zzzelena said:
    I tried the kollection, for whatever reason, quite impulsively I just decided to go for it, to see if ill get anything different. But no, i got the earrings as well. Not playing anymore, definitely. I regretted spending 20 kstars immediately. I really hope the events in future are back to the way they used to be.
    Well at least all of you knew when to stop. Me, on the other hand?  I.....I completed the kollection 

I don't know what came over me! All I wanted was the beard but it was, of course, the last thing in it. I'd been proudly saving stars I earned in game/non purchased for a VIP event I felt worthy and in general had been trying to avoid spending on the game on principle in the middle of the lack of male earnables yet here I am. 

I'm not sure I'd do this again if I had the stars for it but it's happened so better not to beat myself up about it, right?
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    I would be fine with this change if the Kollections weren't rigged. As it is, no thanks.

Thanks for fixing the wine though!
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I want to share my esperience too with this new type of Kollection. 
    I opened the free box and I got 60 k stars, not bad at all, then I decided to spent k stars on the kollection to try it.
    So for first I got again a box in which I got 40 k stars, I tried again and I got for second another box and I got cash.
    Then I decided to stop with it cause I never get what I want at first so it's only a waste of k stars.
    All my excitement for the wine yesterday is all gone now

Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    Ziya SwansonZiya Swanson Registered Users 56 Posts

Mani, I have a question, did you want to buy the plain Gift Boxes, instead of the Kollections? I ask because you showed those other boxes, and I don‘t want to further confuse players.

Once your free box takes you to that Old Style GB Palette, you chose a box. NO event items are in the box, the items are all in the KOLLECTIONS boxes. So, I & others have made the mistake of staying in the regular palette when I meant to exit, and go back to the Kollections.

Kalinda/GLU should have done a better job explaining this mess of an event. I have a hard time believing that GLU didn't know that people were going to end up accidentally wasting K-stars opening regular boxes only to get event points, energy, kash, etc. 😡
    #ComeBackVats
    iOS player
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I understand the timing may be suspect, but it's coincidence. i would stake my life on it. I know there's disappointing posts over this Kollections Weekend, but I honestly truly don't think the wine was restored to mask the effect of the Kolletions instead of our usual item filled gB.
    In my rational heart of hearts, I believe that having an actual glu god here in the trenches with us, made the difference. Kalinda (and the rest) all saw our disappointment, but being a Glu Goddess/player , Kalinda really went to the mat for us on the wine. It just worked out, that it was restored the same weekend. To. The. Mat.
    So vent about the Kollection boxes all you want, but lets not take the shine off the wine.
    Thank you Kalinda, the wine is awesome.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts
    To be honest. Maybe if this Kollection came during a VIP event or Show Your Style event ( events where you can earn back K-stars) and with more items, it might work. I got this Kollection more as I was curious but I am unlikely to be able to shell out 340 K-stars every single week. 
    IOS Player 
  • Options
    webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    edited May 2018
    Here are my boxes. There is some randomness with the Kollection as my first box wasn’t the earrings, it was another giftbox. I guess I’m ok with this being something Glu does every now and then. The chance to earn 60 Kstars is nice and there is only one Kash box per pallet. But like others have said, I’ll be upset if it’s like this from now on.

iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Quite honestly I wasn’t as bothered about the change with the wine as some other game issues such as the inequity of the earnable items for male games (which has been going on longer than the change with the wine).  I’m thankful Glu has demonstrated that they do respond to player feedback however one positive action doesn’t negate any other issues or concerns that players have.  Respectfully stated, and of course just my opinion. 
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I just don't agree with the fact of fixing one thing only to break another. For me that's not a positive, it's a trade off. I'd rather have dating events harder than have to pay for what should be GB items.
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    No, not even with the possibility to earn kstars back I would like this kind of event.
    I don't like these uberexpensive Kollections. They are not giftboxes. And tapping daily accidentally on the Kollections box, makes me dislike them even more. 
    If someone tries to force me I become stubborn. I won't spend 1 kstar this weekend. 

I wonder what @Vats would say to all this.. Only 2 items for guys for weeks!! 
    Android
  • Options
    whiteponywhitepony Registered Users 35 Posts
    I made the mistake of opening additional giftboxes, not realizing that event items were ONLY in the kollections. Honestly, this has made me so frustrated and angry. Wtf?! I spent 80 k stars for kash and energy, such bs and so unfair.
    iOS player
  • Options
    webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    whitepony said:

I made the mistake of opening additional giftboxes, not realizing that event items were ONLY in the kollections. Honestly, this has made me so frustrated and angry. Wtf?! I spent 80 k stars for kash and energy, such bs and so unfair.

This makes me mad. I assumed the giftboxes were all like mine, with both 60 and 40 Kstar chances in each. Yours is completely unfair.
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • Options
    MissEm1994MissEm1994 Registered Users, Member 593 Posts
    Well I got 40 K-stars in my free box and then tried this new “Kollection”. Wish I hadn’t bothered. As predicted, all of the poor prizes came out first - Kash, then energy and then earrings. By then I was done - I was not going to waste more K-stars to get the feeble prizes.
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I'm sorry that most of you don't like how we changed the weekend event. We're also curious about your reactions to the new items and the Mother's Day quest, so keep posting your thoughts and I'll share your feedback with the team.

If you have friends outside the forum who want to share opinions about the event, please encourage them to tweet @KKHOfficial or send an Instagram DM to @KKHOfficial.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.