Options

Video Playback Error

AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
Since around update 9.2, I started getting this video playback error message when watching my daily videos for KStars. Each time this message appears, I lose a video to watch, therefore less KStars to earn daily. Please fix it. Thanks!

🍎 iOS dolls📱  
#DontPunishPayingCustomers

Comments

• Options
    PlantWitchPlantWitch Registered Users 374 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I've also had lots of playback errors lately, I've even had it happen when the video is about to end! It's frustrating!

Edit- I just looked at a screenshot I took on the 8th of August and the error popped up the moment the video ended preventing me from pressing the finished button and being rewarded the Kstar.
    🧡🤍💗
    they/she
    android
    pm for add info!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I've gotten that exact screen on one of my androids. Because it was one and not the other, I assumed it was something I touched in settings, and never got around to troubleshooting it. Other videos play just fine, but sometimes you get that screen when you tap to watch a video, is that right @Angeline & Jon ?

@Plantwitch that is the same screenshot you get? But you get it after you've watched a video? Why not try this. Make note of every video you watch, if it goes through fine and you get a star, note that as well. ie: Progressive insurance no problem, got star. Campbells soup watched till almost over then this screen pops up. Add your screenshot and send it up to Customer Care.

@Angeline & Jon we get the notice before any video plays so our job isn't that easy. Let me think about this, and I'll ask about the whole thread. But some videos are going through right?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    My error messages mostly show right after I press “watch video”, sometimes after the video is trying to load (spinning image in the center of the screen or shows dark screen) then this message appears. This is frustrating because each time I get this message, I have to wait some time to watch another. Otherwise the next one would most likely show this error message again and I lose two videos that day. If I wait, the chances are higher that this message will not appear again but I can never predict when this message will show. We’ve already had less videos to watch for KStars after spending $ in the game (still bitter about this 😡). This error just makes it worse.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    edited August 2018

While I have seen the same error message Angeline gets (right before the video starts or when it seems like it's about to start). My most common error is for these weird article things they are 11-30 seconds then you click next and wait another 11-30 seconds then click finished. Some just give the error message right before the article loads but this particular one would work until there were about 6 to 2 seconds left to watch and then error, and this screenshot was from the time it happened right before I clicked finished! It was a Discovery Channel article (it turned grey after the error) but I haven't seen it since maybe the 17th (but it will probably come back to haunt me). And also like Angeline I sometimes wait till later so I hopefully won't lose two back to back, or try to watch a rapid recharge thinking if the ads are in a certain order it would happen then and not on a Kstar video, but they are so random that it's impossible. Sorry for the long post!
    🧡🤍💗
    they/she
    android
    pm for add info!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Thanks for your ss. I get the same one Angeline does, saying the video can’t play back. Yours is different, i’ve Never seen this, but bottom line your video didn’t work either. I’ve sent Glu the link to the thread, and asked for any advice.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks for reporting this issue for us. 👍
    @PlantWitch , I do the same thing, when the error message appears, to avoid losing KStars back to back, I wait some time and also test it on the rapid recharge video or the second daily gift box video. But like you said, it’s so random, sometimes, even if my rapid charge/ daily gb videos are fine, follow by the video I watch for Kstar, I still get hit by this error message. 😢
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    We're trying to investigate what's happening! Can you please tell us which video ads you're able to watch in the game so we can try to figure out what's causing this?
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    edited August 2018
    I just tried to watch a video to open a second daily gift box and got the playback error, but I was still able to open the second box. I'm pretty sure I've gotten this error with rapid recharge too but it's always went through and gave me the recharge even though a video didn't play.

I tried k-star videos and ones for Google (AdChoices) which display game adverts worked. Unity Ads is also working. I'll check back if I see any others.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @KalindaKing
    These are the ads working for me today: Dairy Pure, June’s Journey, Lords Mobile
    There was also an Apple popcasts Ad. It’s new, first time seeing it today. It came up twice but only gives 1 kstar. Will keep track on the ads tomorrow.

** Edit to add: I don’t know if this is related. Recently I also experience a lag (the game pauses about 7 seconds each time I open the app. I hope the team can look into this issue, too. Thanks!

The rapid recharge and 2nd daily gift box ads always work for me too, even if the error message shows, that’s why I use them to test before watching ads for KStars.

🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options

This is the ad I had today that didn’t play, just stuck on this screen. I had to shut down the game and then reopen, of course I didn’t get a KStar.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    The ads I've watched in the last few days, and that are most common over the last few weeks are: ShareCare, Dairy Pure, Air Optics, Securian Financial, Ram and some game called CodyCross, today I also had ads for Final Fantasy xv and Six Flags, but those aren't as common lately.

@Angeline&Jon that video may have been buffering, I've had videos (mostly Securian Financial, but also ads for games) that have taken around ten minutes to finish.
    🧡🤍💗
    they/she
    android
    pm for add info!
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Over the past few days the ad for Sonic has been freezing up on me to the point where I have to shut down my game and reboot. (And as a result lose out on a kstar)
    iOS