Style Your Squad [Posting Performing Group Submissions!] ​

14567810Next

Comments

• AYewKKHAYewKKH Registered Users, Member 490 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Here are your teams! You have until 5PM EDT on Sunday to PM me your submissions. May your performances, albums, tours, etc. be absolutely spectacular!
    Willow Water Hole Music Fest- April 23rd and 24th -
    Pining for Panino: @danjames12, @katsux, @kittykatx

Adventuring Atlantic: @SamanaKKH@HannahKKH, @LovelyEmma

Lif it Up!: @dpeters@buriteri@BeckyTXo1239

Taming Tavrns: @LydiaKKH@brunakkh@Hazellllllllkkh

Oak My God: @Rikk@Cherrey@RachelLiebe

Quite Lavishing: @ashleyy@livyx@Unwinter

Seoulth Park: @buriteri, @Cherrey, @LovelyEmma
    iOS - newly minted free player woo go clowns
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
    Style Your Squad: Check back for more group submissions!
    I'm still waiting on two groups -- can everyone check to make sure someone in their group sent me their submission? No worries on the lateness, they'll just be posted along with the next theme. Thanks so much for participating!
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
    As we wait for the final submission, I've been talking to a few of you who have asked about extensions and timing. I've personally been dealing with a family emergency for a few days now, so I haven't been around the forum. Many of you are being sent back into the workforce with states and nations reopening, and I've been revising the Style Your Squad timeline in deference to our schedules. For now, I'm placing a one-week moratorium on events to get your feedback and ideas on timing. We'll go to the next theme on a decided schedule once a plan of action is formed.

If the current schedule is working for you, please hit: 'Like'
    If you'd prefer longer submission times, please hit: 'Awesome'
    If you'd prefer shorter sign-up times to gain extra submission/creation time, please hit: 'LOL'

If you have ideas that can't be summed up with a reaction, please comment below or PM me. I maintain that this activity should not cause people stress, and that because this is a small community we can be flexible to serve the best interests of all. Please don't hesitate to reach out during this time; we're all in this together, after all, and I look forward to continuing this event in a way that minimizes anxiety. Thanks so much for your participation these past two months, and I'll be back with the next theme once everything's been figured out! <3
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
  • livyxlivyx Registered Users, Member 834 Posts
    I don’t mind the schedule now, but I think that once I get back to Uni in September, I’d like the extension of the submission time. So tbh everything works for me now, I will accommodate to what other dolls prefer!

I hope everything is okay with your family, I’m sending positive thoughts your way 🤍
    iOS player since December 2014 🇫🇷🇵🇱
    Style Your Squad Updates:

Alright, here's the situation report. I'll be posting the theme a little later today, and you'll have until 5PM EDT on Friday to sign up. Your submission, however, will be due the following Sunday so you have two weekends and whatever spare time you have during the weekday to submit.

I still haven't received the final submission from the previous theme, so I'll be slowly unveiling the submissions from two weeks ago day by day after this week's groups are declared. If the final one hasn't been in by the time it's come to unveil it, we'll move on unless one is sent to me for the sake of organization -- nothing against the group members at all; it's a stressful time, and this event shouldn't add to that. That way you'll have something to look forward to in the gap between, and we'll re-calibrate the schedule based on feedback once the new submissions are in.

I hope you're all doing well. Hang in there, friends, things always get worse before they get better. 💖
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    People still havent sent ya submissions frm the Pop Theme?? Are people for real?? Thats sooo unprofessional!
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
    @LovelyEmma Maybe in a different time, but I think in the current situation we should give everyone our understanding and compassion. We never know what anyone else is going through, and with stressors at an all-time high thanks to the pandemic and its response, I think the real world can intrude on even our best intentions. This activity has always been secondary to that, and rightly so, I think. But thank you for defending the integrity of this event haha
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    I’m SO freaking excited to see the submissions! I had so much fun with ours 💕
    @AYewKKH thank you for all your hard work organizing and perfecting the process for Style Your Squad! 

Theme: I Mean Business!

Get out your pens, friends, because it's time to jot down some data! Inspired by @LydiaKKH's stunning new achievement (got her Masters, what a queen), our next theme's got to do with the halls of power and success. Tell us about your company, your work, your power moves -- whether that's as the CEO of a next-gen tech company, a mid-range manager at an up-and-coming designer brand, or the owner of a small-town bakery with mouth-watering banana bread. Maybe you're the chairperson of your own record label!

LIKE to join one group, AWESOME if willing to double-up. You have until 5PM EDT on July 24th to sign up. If you notice the LIKE group has more than 10 reactions already, please choose 'Agree' or 'LOL' instead. Those will still count as joining one group. 

*Once again, submissions for the Performing Group theme will be slowly unveiled beginning on Friday. I'll probably be doing one group per day, but we'll see.
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
    Since only five people signed up (which makes sense given the new weekday SYS), I'm throwing you all into one group. We'll call you... Kim & Co.!

@SamanaKKH
    @ashleyy
    @RachelLiebe
    @Rikk
    @livyx
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
    Adventuring Atlantic: @SamanaKKH@HannahKKH@LovelyEmma

Caption: “When Charlie is out of girls to combat crime, they call in the pop stars to help.” 

I'll be back with the next group's submission tomorrow!
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
  • rebecca0105rebecca0105 Registered Users, Member 210 Posts
    Oooh I wish I paid more attention to this thread. The business theme called my attention 😔
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    @rebecca0105 same! I wanted to sign in but I forgot! Can't wait to see Kim and Co.'s edit :)
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • UnwinterUnwinter Registered Users, Member 597 Posts
    Missed the deadline with the sign up ;so sorry!! Good luck to the new group with their theme, this is really cute🥰🥰 and @AYewKKH thank you so so much for your time and effort! And girls of Adventuring Atlantic wow you three look fabulous! Can't wait to see my group's edit🥰
    Android Player, A++
    Unwinter KKH on Facebook
    Lif it Up!: @dpeters@buriteri@BeckyTXo1239

Caption: “Drop the Bomb! Hi, we are Cherry Bomb!

Cherry Bomb is unlike your average group. Diversity is our strong point, from our image to our members and to our music, we’re always evolving and experimenting. One moment, we can be sweet like cherries and in the next, explosive like bombs.”
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
  • HannahKKHHannahKKH Registered Users, Member 946 Posts
    OMG I’M OBSESSED WITH CHERRY BOMB!!
    Especially that second edit wow 😍
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    Violet is my doll. iOS player ✨
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
    PM me for FB add info! Let’s be friends 👯‍♀️
    AYewKKH said:
    Adventuring Atlantic: @SamanaKKH@HannahKKH@LovelyEmma

Wowww, you guys look so epic with those black wings, like a bunch of fallen angels 🖤

AYewKKH said:

I feel like I totally got a feel for the music you would make! I love the styling too 😍

Great job, you guys! Did this make you want to put together a band irl?

• CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    Wow, the first two submissions are so cool! 

The Adventuring Atlantic girls are serving apocalyptic and twisted pop star realness while Cherry Bomb is shining like disco angels. I also love the cover you created. Well done, dolls!
    Oak My God: @Rikk@Cherrey@RachelLiebe

Caption: “The hardcore diva dolls are back! Pop-metal virtuosos Death Glam are ready to blast your face off with their irresistible tonic of screaming guitar riffs and playful lyrics, turning your listening experience into a glittering fever dream... or nightmare.

After headlining sold-out concerts in 32 cities spanning the globe, the chart-topping group is back with an album that is darker... louder... and SPARKLIER than ever. Death Glam is excited to announce the release of their breakthrough album, “Metal Pop Eruption!” 

The album turns those bubblegum pop hits upside-down with Cherrey’s unforgiving guitar solos, Rachel’s formidable beats, and Rikk’s savage vocals. Simultaneously a tribute to the age of Spotify sensations and a scathing social commentary on the objectification of women in the music industry, “Metal Pop Eruption” will pull you in with twisted hits like “Oops... I Bought K-stars Again” and “Dolls Just Want to Have Fun.”

--
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
  • HannahKKHHannahKKH Registered Users, Member 946 Posts
    omg I would totally listen to Death Glam irl, I LOVE the CD edit and the name of all the songs 👏🏻👏🏻
    Hannah 🇬🇧
    Violet is my doll. iOS player ✨
    👻💀🎃🦇🕸🕷⚰️🔮🖤
    PM me for FB add info! Let’s be friends 👯‍♀️
    Quite Lavishing: @ashleyy@livyx@Unwinter

Text (in case it's hard to see on mobile): "The story of Quite Lavishing has known many ups and downs. As many musicians, their start was rough, but they knew deep in their hearts that their art would someday be recognized and admired by many. Their passion for music was as big as their love for each other.

One day, as they were having fun singing at a local club, a manager approached them and proposed to sign them to his label. Who would've thought there was such a big talent in such shy girls? Without a doubt, they accepted, and their journey began. They commemorated it with a photo."

Text: "Unfortunately, their experience wasn't like in the movies. Their career has indeed taken off, but it felt like it didn't belong to them anymore. They couldn't find themselves between all the sparkles, the manager forcing them to make music they didn't like.

The girls didn't want to seem ungrateful, so they told themselves that it's the price to pay in exchange for becoming known worldwide. They seemed confident on stage, but deep down, the manager took all of their shine. He even went as far as changing their name to Quiet Lavishing, accentuating his mind control over the girls."

Text: "After one show, the girls had enough. They decided to fire their manager, taking the risk of never performing on big stages again. They decided to listen to their gut, telling themselves it's better to stay true to themselves rather than suffering in silence. They started by changing their group name to Quite Lavishing and recording a new album on their own. It wasn't long until they got noticed by an even bigger audience who admired them for their realness.

Their story keeps reminding others that when we really believe in something, it will eventually pay off, even when the road leading to it is full of obstacles."

Text: "Breakthrough band formerly named Quiet just revealed that they are changing their name to Quite Lavishing. When asked about the sudden change, the girls finally broke their silence:

'We've been waiting for this for quite a while and we're incredibly excited,' said Livyx.

'This is us finally speaking up and showing the world that no manager or contract can keep us quiet,' continued Unwinter.

'This is the real us and we are done with pretending to be anybody else,' Ashley ended.

It seems that the all-girl band is finally taking the lead of their own destiny and we fully support them!"
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
    I really enjoyed working with @livyx and @ashleyy on this! Hope you all like our story🥰 and as usual thank you @AYewKKH for your effort💖
    Android Player, A++
    Unwinter KKH on Facebook
  • livyxlivyx Registered Users, Member 834 Posts
    @Unwinter I really enjoyed working with you and @ashleyy too! 🥰

All of the submissions are amazing, I love how every group has the same theme but always comes up with different stories 😌
    iOS player since December 2014 🇫🇷🇵🇱
  • ashleyyashleyy Registered Users, Member 1,425 Posts
    @livyx @Unwinter I enjoyed working with you’s too 💖💖💖
    edited August 2020
    Last but not least...

Seoulth Park: @buriteri@Cherrey@LovelyEmma

”1, 2, 3, okay dolls! Hi, we are KK Doll!”

Buriteri, “Hi guys! I’m Buriteri, the charming leader of KK Doll.”
    Cherrey, “Hello! I’m KK Doll’s dazzling visual, Cherrey.”
    Emma, “Hey dolls! My name is Emma and I’m your lovely, cutie maknae.”

What a way to finish our performing group submissions! Can't wait to see our business queens tomorrow as well. Welcome, August!
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
  • LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    @Cherrey @buriteri i love working soo mutch with u dolls!! Our love for Kpop really bonded us <3
    I think our pics are the best out of them all... But thats cutie maknae being biased 👶🏻👶🏻
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
    For those of you who can't stand long messages, I'm posting a TLDR right after this.
    --
    Alright, so after a week of trying to regroup and getting things organized, here's the update. I was originally planning on setting up a theme to test how the weekday SYS might change things, but that didn't happen (see update thread lol), and I've been going through logistics for how this event might go forward.

I actually have to be back on campus in a few weeks -- and boy, do I have my thoughts about that -- and I'll be juggling a pretty heavy course load in addition to trying not to catch the virus in what essentially amounts to a scaled-up petri dish. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go on KKH at all this semester, much less organize something like this effectively. That said, I've noticed participation numbers dwindle over the weeks (to the exception of the performing group event, but two groups never sent in submissions so I think that takes the numbers down, plus we had three participants double up), I assume as people had to go back to work and generally go about their lives. So I have no idea if there's still enough interest in this to continue, at least for now. I'll be back on for Christmas assuming nothing tragic happens over the course of the semester.

However, if there are still enough people interested and who have the time to actually participate, here's how I think we can keep this going through the weeks.

1) Submissions will go straight on the forum, as opposed to submitted in a PM. Originally I asked for PMs for the sake of organization and out of worry people might accuse each other of copying their ideas... but this is just for fun anyway and there's no element of competition. It also makes things much easier on my side so there's no issue about waiting for all submissions to come in. If a deadline passes in this system and a group doesn't post their submission, we assume they were busy and move on. No guilt, no pressure.

2) Breaks between events. Despite still being salty about having been left out, I read the in-depth reviews people left about the weekday SYS event. Burnout is a real thing, especially when creativity is in play. Spacing out events to be every other week or so would help lighten the burden on me and give people some much-needed time to recharge.

3) I might have to stop posting fun edits along with the theme announcements. Originally that was just to make the announcements easier to find and give a few ideas on how it might be interpreted. I can probably find some images on Google, or I could come up with themes in advance and make edits for them before I get on campus. That could run the risk of having the same theme as the week's SYS or be a repeat of a previous one, though, so lmk what you guys think.

I hope you're all doing well at this time. I'm admittedly concerned about what the future may bring, but ultimately all I want is to continue doing what I enjoy and bringing people a brief respite from the outside world. I hope I've managed that so far, at least a little. Let me know where you're at right now, and I'll do my absolute best to help us meet in the middle.

- Angela Yew
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
    TLDR; I'll be going back on campus for the fall semester and I'll be hella busy, since I'm overloading and trying to dodge COVID at the same time. Participation has been falling in recent weeks so I'm not sure how much people are still interested and able to continue on with this activity, so I'm trying to rethink the logistics. The changes will likely be:

1) Groups post their submissions straight to the thread. No harm, no foul if a group doesn't post on time; we assume they were busy and move on.
    2) Having events every other week as opposed to every week.
    3) No theme announcement edits OR I'll just grind out several before I return to campus. That could mean collision with SYS themes but oh well, more inspiration. (Thoughts on this? Lmk in comments / PM.)

Hope you're all doing well, and let me know where you're at in terms of interest and availability. I'll do my best to meet you in the middle.
    --
    KKH Kudos thread 💖💖
    I personally am fine with whatever! Just want you and everyone participating to not feel overwhelmed or rushed. 

And as for the numbers of people participating, I think many are shy to participate or think they can't due to lack of editing skills maybe or thinking they're not that good. If you ever feel like this, please don't hesitate to talk to any of us or tell us and we promise we can help! I am genuinely ready to edit your submission, help with suggestions, advice or just cheering you on.

In short:
    1. Please do whatever fits you and does not overwhelm you
    2. I am ready to help in whatever way
    3. I really really like this thread and idea so I hope you can continue with it
    Android Player, A++
    Unwinter KKH on Facebook