🗳️SYS - 5/28/20 - Flower Power theme - that's Groovy. 🌼🔋

1262729313242

Comments

  • woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,529 Posts
    @Patient67 I never took anything seriously, I was just trying to tell you to listen to Koko so nobody gets mad and it makes things a lot easier for her. She has to run a whole forum, she deserves some respect. And In no way was I trying to make you feel like your opinion was wrong, I never said anything but to listen to Koko. 

    And in no way was I offended, I was speaking from experience. So, don’t get all worked up about it. 
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • emmaissonemmaisson Registered Users, Member 762 Posts
    Wow. Was in 16th place this morning and now I’m 1st! Hope it lasts! 😍 (probably won’t 😂) 

  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Community Moderator Moderators 26,303 Posts
    edited May 2020
    This event and the voting booth is...



    I agree with what others have already said: this SYS should have had a 60/70’s title and background theme. Why are we in Central Park? This makes no sense! Why not have a psychedelic or Woodstock like background OR something else more suitable with this era? I. DON’T. GET. IT. 
    You don’t think Central Park was Hippie Central in the 60s and 70s?  It was ground zero.   <3

    ‘’but I agree the theme is confused.  What happened was trickle down.  The looks of the 60s Hippie/bohemians trickled down to mainstream North America in the early 70s.  
    like The scene in Devil wears Prada, when Meryl explains why Macy’s Has Cerulean blue or something.  
    🦋Purple Headed  ♊+  🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    🙅I Am NOT a Glu Employee🙅
    🌟If you see a problematic post please dm the link🌟
    💜 Vats is Back ~ My Heart Sings 💜







  • samaaanthaaasamaaanthaaa Registered Users, Member 973 Posts
    Also Central Park is less than two hours from where Woodstock was held 
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,587 Posts
    🤷🏽‍♀️✊🏽 I’m abusing the dying option myself I don’t really mind ppl dying things. 
    Thechar *android IOS  player level 31 daily player*  makeup junkie*  avid gamer * BLACKLIVESMATTER*JUSTICE FOR GEORGE FLOYD*
  • samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,011 Posts
    i have probably voted about 4 rounds this entire event. i just don’t know what to vote for its frustrating
  • Patient67Patient67 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    @Patient67 I never took anything seriously, I was just trying to tell you to listen to Koko so nobody gets mad and it makes things a lot easier for her. She has to run a whole forum, she deserves some respect. And In no way was I trying to make you feel like your opinion was wrong, I never said anything but to listen to Koko. 

    And in no way was I offended, I was speaking from experience. So, don’t get all worked up about it. 
    Always listen to Koko. Happy to comply. My compliance will be rewarded 👾

    And I didn't mean that you take things seriously, I was refering to the members in general. You were particularly sweet in trying to mellow things down, have a nice one and good luck with your Sys 😌🙃
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,587 Posts
    jhabs said:

    I wanna show you guys something kind of funny. I made this kloset wishlist for kimiversary on May 18th- before I knew any of the themes for the SYS this update. You might be able to tell from the items that I was anticipating a 70s theme, a country theme, etc. I 100% think it was intentional that glu is putting out these themes RIGHT before kimiversary in order to get us to spend stars. Idk it’s just a little disappointing to me. 
    Me when I was about to buy the country boots 😩 I’m like what am I doing
    Thechar *android IOS  player level 31 daily player*  makeup junkie*  avid gamer * BLACKLIVESMATTER*JUSTICE FOR GEORGE FLOYD*
  • woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,529 Posts
    @Patient67 thank you! I hope you do too. And listening to Koko prevents drama from stirring up or puts an end to it quickly. 
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,529 Posts
    Welp I had to be an excessive dyer too so I mean 😂
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • Patient67Patient67 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    I hate when ppl use the “easily offended” quote 😒 like it’s fine to respect others and take their feelings into consideration. Backhanded comments aren’t necessary just cause u got called out.
    Excuse me, called out on what exactly?
    I've been on this forum for a tiny while and seen a healthy bunch of posts ridiculing other dolls but no one was as "outraged" (I wrote in like that because it is too big of a word for this situation) as in my case where I rudely made some funny remarks on a couple rainbowy outfits 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

    But that's the world we live in, JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL and enjoy yourselves because tomorrow's Sunday funday 🥳

    Also I hope this thread finds you in good health and self-peace considering your flood situation if I correctly recall. Take care ✌🏻
  • Sophia_KKHSophia_KKH Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    Oh my...I love this 😍

    Hey, it might be a dumb question but what does “Limited time only” means? What’s the difference with the other kollections? 
  • beba13beba13 Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Patient67 said:
    @Patient67 I never took anything seriously, I was just trying to tell you to listen to Koko so nobody gets mad and it makes things a lot easier for her. She has to run a whole forum, she deserves some respect. And In no way was I trying to make you feel like your opinion was wrong, I never said anything but to listen to Koko. 

    And in no way was I offended, I was speaking from experience. So, don’t get all worked up about it. 
    Always listen to Koko. Happy to comply. My compliance will be rewarded 👾

    And I didn't mean that you take things seriously, I was refering to the members in general. You were particularly sweet in trying to mellow things down, have a nice one and good luck with your Sys 😌🙃
    It's not that much of "always listen to koko", we had a lot of drama steered in the recent times,which ofc happens and i also think no one had anything against what you said just people either agree or not.I think it's quite harder explaining things via messages than in an actual convo,things can get interpreted bad because we can not know how someone will understand it and no one can be responsible for that, but koko just wants to help out and try to keep people civilized. The hiding of faces,for you can be not that important,but we had girls respond to comments like yours saying that it hurt their feelings and it was rude,etc. and so most people if they reeeeeeeally want to share an opinion that is a bit negative hide the faces so no one gets hurt because truly there are some amazing people here and i think we all try to just be as positive as possible (not including frustrations with SYS glitches, over spending tb's,of theme submissions that people do just to get the first place when over buying tickets...).  
    Hopefully you will see it differently now and dont think people here take the game too serious it's just about being a bit nicer so someone doesnt get hurt,especially with all the bs happening recently in the world.<3
    🌻IOS player🌻
    Been on KKH since day one with brakes 🥰
    Always looking for new friends 
    https://www.facebook.com/Bebac ♥️
  • woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,529 Posts
    @Sophia_KKH oh that means it’s only around for a couple of days, but it’ll come back! 💕
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • lqvenderlqvender Registered Users, Member 176 Posts
    @Patient67 whatever your thoughts are about how people behave on this forum, can we please not call it a "semi-fascist little empire"? Or anything related to fascism? It's a very heavy topic that should not be thrown around lightly and your use of it comes off a little insensitive. I understand if that wasn't your intention, and I'm not trying to call you out or disrespect you. It's just it's a very sensitive topic to me and I imagine to alot of other people, and I would really appreciate it if you remembered that in future situations. 
  • Patient67Patient67 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    @beba13 I completely understand your point of view, Koko's as well, @woahbabesursotoxic made a pretty strong argument as well, God I didn't think the situation would call for the forum's moderator intervention because maybe there are more important things she needs to take care of and I feel weird because the situation got out of hand but if the "mocking" of some outfits is a really sensitive subject for some people reading the forum, blurrying out their faces might still not count as not rude because I guess they do recognize their own outfits and stuff right? But that's another delicate aspect of this tangled social contract we need to keep mantaining for the sake's of everyone's emotional and mental well-being.

    And just for the record, pun intented targeted at this Sys earnable, the post I've made earlier starting with "❌attention I'm gonna be rude yalla yalla❌" was supposed to be IRONIC because those outfits I made collages out of were some I voted for and really liked because they were different-ish from what I've seen in the booth so far 🤣

    I'm thankful that at least I was able to have an educated conversation with some of you and y'all take care 😌
  • therealChartherealChar Registered Users, Member 2,587 Posts
    Patient67 said:
    I hate when ppl use the “easily offended” quote 😒 like it’s fine to respect others and take their feelings into consideration. Backhanded comments aren’t necessary just cause u got called out.
    Excuse me, called out on what exactly?
    I've been on this forum for a tiny while and seen a healthy bunch of posts ridiculing other dolls but no one was as "outraged" (I wrote in like that because it is too big of a word for this situation) as in my case where I rudely made some funny remarks on a couple rainbowy outfits 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

    But that's the world we live in, JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL and enjoy yourselves because tomorrow's Sunday funday 🥳

    Also I hope this thread finds you in good health and self-peace considering your flood situation if I correctly recall. Take care ✌🏻
    I get that u were just trying to have a laugh but sometimes we don’t realize how it affects others. Thank u I’ve been able to get my apartment fixed and my family and me are well
    Thechar *android IOS  player level 31 daily player*  makeup junkie*  avid gamer * BLACKLIVESMATTER*JUSTICE FOR GEORGE FLOYD*
  • woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,529 Posts
    edited May 2020
    Patient67 said:
    @beba13 I completely understand your point of view, Koko's as well, @woahbabesursotoxic made a pretty strong argument as well, God I didn't think the situation would call for the forum's moderator intervention because maybe there are more important things she needs to take care of and I feel weird because the situation got out of hand but if the "mocking" of some outfits is a really sensitive subject for some people reading the forum, blurrying out their faces might still not count as not rude because I guess they do recognize their own outfits and stuff right? But that's another delicate aspect of this tangled social contract we need to keep mantaining for the sake's of everyone's emotional and mental well-being.

    And just for the record, pun intented targeted at this Sys earnable, the post I've made earlier starting with "❌attention I'm gonna be rude yalla yalla❌" was supposed to be IRONIC because those outfits I made collages out of were some I voted for and really liked because they were different-ish from what I've seen in the booth so far 🤣

    I'm thankful that at least I was able to have an educated conversation with some of you and y'all take care 😌
    It is pretty difficult with the voting booth pictures. I understand that you weren’t trying to come off as rude, I didn’t see any, but some things upset some people so it’s just best to be careful. Good luck doll!💕
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • Patient67Patient67 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    lqvender said:
    @Patient67 whatever your thoughts are about how people behave on this forum, can we please not call it a "semi-fascist little empire"? Or anything related to fascism? It's a very heavy topic that should not be thrown around lightly and your use of it comes off a little insensitive. I understand if that wasn't your intention, and I'm not trying to call you out or disrespect you. It's just it's a very sensitive topic to me and I imagine to alot of other people, and I would really appreciate it if you remembered that in future situations. 
    Oh trust me girl, I know it's a heavy topic and I realized just a few moments later that it wasn't the best formulation for a compelling argument, I wasn't trying to compare the term to a mollecular level upon this situation, just the general abstract notion of its meaning.
    I'm really sorry for Koko if she has to wipe that post out of existence as well giving the fact that combing through this whole comments thread is a drag, but regarding this post I really do apologize if anyone got hurt even in the slightest bit as a result of my poor choice of words 😓
  • sherrywinesherrywine Registered Users, Member 166 Posts
    that's why I'm sick of this sys/theme, so now I'll stick with the flowers and scr*w the theme 

    I used to be a ticket buyer, now I just hate Glu like everyone else
  • woahbabesursotoxicwoahbabesursotoxic Registered Users, Member 2,529 Posts
    @therealChar aww yay! That’s good! 💕
    iOS🖤. Doll (Holly) 🍒
  • kayayemkayayem Registered Users, Member 484 Posts


    Looks 6-9, thrilled to be in 1st place - no ticket buying in my group at all! A clean, fair game and sticking it to Glu through not opening our wallets. I really feel so happy to be playing SYS this weekend even though im already bored of the theme 🤗
  • lqvenderlqvender Registered Users, Member 176 Posts
    Patient67 said:
    lqvender said:
    @Patient67 whatever your thoughts are about how people behave on this forum, can we please not call it a "semi-fascist little empire"? Or anything related to fascism? It's a very heavy topic that should not be thrown around lightly and your use of it comes off a little insensitive. I understand if that wasn't your intention, and I'm not trying to call you out or disrespect you. It's just it's a very sensitive topic to me and I imagine to alot of other people, and I would really appreciate it if you remembered that in future situations. 
    Oh trust me girl, I know it's a heavy topic and I realized just a few moments later that it wasn't the best formulation for a compelling argument, I wasn't trying to compare the term to a mollecular level upon this situation, just the general abstract notion of its meaning.
    I'm really sorry for Koko if she has to wipe that post out of existence as well giving the fact that combing through this whole comments thread is a drag, but regarding this post I really do apologize if anyone got hurt even in the slightest bit as a result of my poor choice of words 😓
    Thank you for understanding and apologising. Much love 💕💞
  • malakk15malakk15 Registered Users, Member 139 Posts
    I think the theme itself has so much potential just like the 20s theme and the central park background suits the theme perfectly. The only thing really went wrong with this SYS is its name, it's sooooooo confusing  :# All my looks so far have had good votes (better than I expected) but they don't look 70s at all, they just have LOTS of flowers...
  • samanthakkhsamanthakkh Registered Users, Member 1,011 Posts
    @lqvender thank you so much😭
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!