🗳️💄🍾 SYS - 7/9/20 - 90's Supermodel - Bring the Sticky Tape & Don't Fall!📸👠👗

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts

Well, you kinda expected this, I mean it came in your July Newsletter  so let's get ready to go full on glam.....

That's right, break out the celery, and tissue paper.
Lunch is on me.  lol.  :)  We have a bright shiny new SYS starting tomorrow,

I thank our lovely Historian @lindaVB for joining AppleP on the catwalk for the banner.  (Looks like she brushes her hair 100 times each night before bed.  Gorgeous hair. Thank you Linda. <3 )
Speaking of Lindas.....I found this list of the Top Ten 90s Supermodels (ok, the list was 21, but I just took the first 10)
Linda Evangalista, Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford, Claudia Schiffer, Tatjana Patitz, Kate Moss, Tyra Banks, Heidi Klum, & Kimora Lee Simmons.   Let's refresh your memory with another picture of a few of them....Here;s Naomi and Kate!

(ugh, and to think I just finished an Everything Bagel, toasted with Butter). 

So, now that we've brought to mind some of the world's most beautiful women in the 90's, who's ready for the next SYS?

OK, so the details are:
SYS Theme:  90's SuperModel
Starts Thursday, July 9th @ 3pm Eastern
Ends Sunday, July 12th @ 9pm Eastern
575 wins the SYS Earners!
Spoilers to follow.
https://youtu.be/upWO4B79a4M
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456729

Comments

• GlitterfaceGlitterface Registered Users, Member 113 Posts
    Can somebody please post looks of their doll for inspiration?🙃
  • KatyKKHKatyKKH Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I've been preparing looks all week 😉 hope to be in the top 5... Good luck everyone!! 
    Android player. Looking for friends 🙂🌸🌺🏵️🌻🌼
  • brom617brom617 Registered Users, Member 559 Posts
    @Nikki114 @thallisa thank you so much for the inspiration, it helps a lot!
  • AmandaMKkhAmandaMKkh Registered Users, Member 3,664 Posts
    Spoilers pleaseeeeee ✨✨✨✨✨
    Italian iOS player since August 2014 ♥️

• brom617brom617 Registered Users, Member 559 Posts
    Peanut says can I have spoilers, pretty please?
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited July 2020
    @Nikki114 & @thallisa thank you both so much for your posts.  Great resource - showing us what was runway inspired, thanks for doing the research!  <3 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DoloresWyattDoloresWyatt Registered Users, Member 1,254 Posts
    Spoilers please! 
    Android player, looking for in game friends. FB Dolores Wyatt 
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I love your collage @thallisa! I'm surprised how many options our wardrobe actually has for this theme.
  • GlitterfaceGlitterface Registered Users, Member 113 Posts
    @Nikki114 @thallisa thank you so much!
    Also,does anybody know if this weekend's going to be a VIP event one?
  • dpetersdpeters Registered Users, Member 2,843 Posts
    Thanks @Nikki114 and @thallisa for the inspo!

Can't wait for spoilers but I'm really scared this theme's scores will be all over the place
    Android player 
    Christmas lover 🎄
    #duetstiesystemisunfair
    #fomoiskeepingmehere
  • thesweetonethesweetone Registered Users, Member 3,015 Posts
    Wow, @Nikki114, @thallisa that's some amazing research!

I'll be honest: I will submit gowns. The only dress from this collage that I have is the recent SYS one anyways. 
    Tbh I won't be surprised if people will try to create looks based off of real life references but it'll bring average scores so everyone will turn to gowns anyway 😂 but we'll see!

I love this theme and I'm excited 😊
    kiki_k said:
    I really struggled on how to approach this theme until I had the realisation that I just need to repeat the mantra “What Would Fran Fine Wear?” (WWFFW) when putting looks together. Remember: WWFFW 💅

I love this. I adore Fran Fine.  Thank you for my new slogan BUT I’m altering it slightly. Lol.  .....WWFFD - What Would  Fran Fine do? Lol.  Ty for this.  
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SusonSuson Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    edited July 2020
    I love this theme!! can't wait for spoilers because I love the 90s chic aesthetic ♥

Yeah, I’d love spoilers right about now....
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JenniferKKHollywoodJenniferKKHollywood Registered Users, Member 370 Posts
    Very exciting theme, spoilers pleeeease 🌸
    iOS player 🌸
    English is not my first language so I apologize for my grammar 🙈
    Add me on facebook (let me know who you are on the forum if the names/picture don’t match)
    https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.lundqvist.792

• haikawahaikawa Registered Users, Member 730 Posts
    im so excited for this theme! im not sure ill be able to catch the references and that u lovely dolls have posted here in the voting booth so i hope the spoilers and kalindas call can help make things clearer and less of a gown showdown
    iOS Level 33  ❣ 
    Daily Free Player  ❄︎  Nov '19 - now 
    #UpdateWeekdayTBBoxes ⋆ #TSusingAverages ⋆ #All4ItemsinEventBoxes ⋆ #20VideosforEveryone
  • eviewashereeviewashere Registered Users, Member 250 Posts
    edited July 2020

I’m in love with this sys, late 90’s fashion is literally my style lol

90’s fashion is so gorgeous and unique and let’s not forget it gave us the big six/five

(Linda Evangelista, Claudia Schiffer, Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Cindy Crawford, and Christy Turlington. )

The runway looks I saw were super diverse, all very unique and eye catching ( it is a runway so I’m not sure what I expected lol ) the only trend I could see were blazers/big shoulder looks , a lot of Chanel , plenty of stomachs showing and all types of colours, from pastel to vibrant. 

I guess this is a long winded way of saying that this sys is the perfect time to play with colours! I’ll post a few pics of my looks I put together in game later on lol

( Edit bc I COMPLETELY forgot : slip dresses, and straps were more popular than sleeved dresses, any statement pieces, ( like if you have the KORKOV purple dress ) would probably fit in fine, I didn’t see a lot of big gowns, mainly short- or even mid length, tight-ish fighting dresses, of course there were probably some gown looks somewhere I just couldn’t find them lol!

But hers a few pics of some gorgeous runway looks for inspo!

• kayayemkayayem Registered Users, Member 534 Posts
    Ugh I knew that not having any contour or cheekbones was gonna come back and bite me in the butt. Here come the 30s and 40s scores again.
  • Maree_kkhMaree_kkh Registered Users, Member 723 Posts
    Cool that you mentioned Kimora! A lot of people forget about her.

• samaaanthaaasamaaanthaaa Registered Users, Member 975 Posts
    edited July 2020
    I’m sorry but I think the word supermodel is being taken too literally here and it’s just a 90s theme. I’m not going out of my way to confuse the voters, Im gonna wear black. Most of the voters aren’t aware/don’t care about the details of the theme, just the basic theme. Idk, maybe I’m buggin but I just don’t feel like you have to dress exactly like a 90s model, just 90s style 🤷🏻‍♀️ This is Glu’s fault for the titles they’ve been using lately
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    Spoilers please!! 
    - Emmy
  • Bear_KKHBear_KKH Registered Users, Member 1,128 Posts
    I’m sorry but I think the word supermodel is being taken too literally here and it’s just a 90s theme. I’m not going out of my way to confuse the voters, Im gonna wear black. Most of the voters aren’t aware/don’t care about the details of the theme, just the basic theme. Idk, maybe I’m buggin but I just don’t feel like you have to dress exactly like a 90s model, just 90s style 🤷🏻‍♀️ This is Glu’s fault for the titles they’ve been using lately
    I hope Kalindas call will clarify. I'm thinking it doesn't have to be run way fashion, just dress like a model from the 90s aka normal 90s fashion 😂

- Emmy
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Thank you Koko for inviting my doll to the opening thread!!
    I have no klue what to wear this SYS... I’m hoping Kalindas call will clarify it a little for me..

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________