The Best Way to Save/Transfer your Game

Comments

• Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    Thanks, Lucyxx.
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    RubyD wrote: »
    Different GC ID, but same iTunes/iCloud account where the games are saved. The idea of choosing the new game then overwriting the established one makes me cringe. How did you get around the overwriting thing?

you need a new itunes/icloud id if you don't want the original game over written. you could probably turn off icloud backup on the second device if you wanted to keep the same id but i personally wouldn't risk it. plus if you ever run into trouble on the second device you wouldn't have the backup to reload from. i run two games on two devices and they have their own itunes ids.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    you need a new itunes/icloud id if you don't want the original game over written. you could probably turn off icloud backup on the second device if you wanted to keep the same id but i personally wouldn't risk it. plus if you ever run into trouble on the second device you wouldn't have the backup to reload from. i run two games on two devices and they have their own itunes ids.
    Alkoholiks, thanks for the confirmation. I did set up two accounts and I made the 2nd part of family sharing. If you don't mind logging in and out of the iTunes accounts, you could play either game on either iOS account, for sure, but keeping one device per game is easiest. This was my first experience having to do this as most of my other games use the distributor's servers, save locally to my device, or allow multiple saves for different users. This thread was extremely helpful to me in this endeavor, and I've rated it accordingly. Thanks everyone.

“ヽ(´▽`)ノ”
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Weird my phone isn't jailbroken and this works fine on mine :/ But yes you an transfer your game another way if you play on an iphone/ipad/ipod and are upgrading to a newer model.

All you have to do is perform a full backup on itunes with your current device on itunes. Then connect your new device and select "Restore from backup" this will transfer everything including game data to your new device :)

Hi, is this full back up working for transfering from iphone 5 to ipad air 2? I just got an ipad and I want to transfer my game there completely, without losing my progress. I think iCloud back up won't do it for me because it's only 5GB storage and my phone is full.. so I can't risk it
    It's either this full back up or if this ifunbox thing works out :/
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I think earlier in this thread Samurai Pizza Cat mentions clearing room off the device, then saving if that is still an option. Can you back up to your computer? Transferring games always makes me nervous. I've done it once on ipad and once on Android, to a new device each time, and it went smoothly. If you're not saving your game to the cloud, then I don't see how it is retrievable. But it's early, I've had no caffeine. I must have read this thread a hundred times before trying to switch to my new devices. Is there any advice here that you can use?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi, is this full back up working for transfering from iphone 5 to ipad air 2? I just got an ipad and I want to transfer my game there completely, without losing my progress. I think iCloud back up won't do it for me because it's only 5GB storage and my phone is full.. so I can't risk it
    It's either this full back up or if this ifunbox thing works out :/

ok, it just dawned on me, what about going to the genius bar? The thing I hate about Android is there is no Genius Bar. If I have a problem or something, I go there and ask them to do it. Believe me, they do this in their sleep. Maybe my Genius Bar is nicer than some others, but seriously, can you go there and ask them to do it for you? They can probably hook something up, save your stuff and then transfer it over. I hope this isn't the lack of caffeine talking, but would this work for you? Apple store nearby?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    YogiBearYogiBear Registered Users 79 Posts
    Frak Frak I had everything backed up to move to a new phone, I even done exactly what is on this forum. I have lost everything.
    It ****es me off I was on the A list rank 113, I had the A list top couple ranked 1. Please make this a multi-platform game that saves the same game on facebook and maybe have a downed zip file saved just in-case.

Sorry I don't mean to sound angry here, I am a good nice guy.
    KK: H
    Yogi Bear
    A++ List Ranked #136
    102.4 Million Fans
    2nd Come Back Quest
    A-List Couple Ranked #1

K&K
    Yogi Bear
    39 Followers

BS: AD
    Yogi Bear
    Mainstream Ranked #106
    177.3K Fans
    416.8K Sold
    Bluestacks 2.0.2
  • Options
    FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Guys! after the iOS update this don't work anymore because iOS disabled the option to open our apps documents with iFunbox! Now Glu should make an option to save our games maybe in a zip or in facebook.
  • Options
    emiinkemiink Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am trying to transfer my game from a galaxy s4 to s6. I've tried two ways: copying the files under com.glu.stardomkim and loading from my Google+ account. Neither worked for me.

When I navigate to the com.glu.stardomkim folder on my s4, I found that it was completely empty. I've looked on both my phone and computer, and I see two folders under com.glu.stardomkim: cache and files. There are no files under either folder.

I am also logged in to my Google+ account in the game on both devices. When I started my game on the s6, it did not give me the option of selecting a previous game.

I'm at a loss, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    Guys! after the iOS update this don't work anymore because iOS disabled the option to open our apps documents with iFunbox! Now Glu should make an option to save our games maybe in a zip or in facebook.

I never updated to iOS 8.3 and it still doesn't work for me.

I have one game on my iPad and I wanted to transfer it to my iPhone 6. I'm sick of carrying around the iPad.

I had two different game center IDs, so I switched my game center ID so they both match on both devices. I installed the KKH app on the iPhone, opened it, closed it, and made sure it was completely closed by double tapping.

I followed the directions exactly, and when I try to load up the app on my iPhone, nothing. It's just at the very beginning of the game (I never played on the iPhone).

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to completely change my apple ID in the app store (the devices have different iTunes accounts) as well? It's changed on Game Center and I thought was all I needed.

Thanks!
  • Options
    My Game Center and itunes accounts match, but people have said it doesn't have to. But, it might go smoother if it all matches. When it wanted to start from the beginning, you immediately shut it down right? By shutting down I'm pretty sure you've created a new Device Data profile (for total lack of the right term). If you open again, and it should go to the Customize page. Without customizing anything, if you just tap the Start button, hopefully a little box will open up asking if you want to play with Device A Data (and it lists level, $, Energy, Stars) or Device B Data (another set of stats) and you select the one you want. Whenever this pops up, Device B has always had the higher levels, and that's what I have chosen, but read it carefully. And tap the right choice. Then, it loads, and in my case my restored game has come up.

So far, each successful transfer I have heard of has included the "I shut it down right away" condition. I hope this works for you. You know who is very good at explaining the best way to do this? Alkoholiks. He is clear, concise, and easy to understand. Maybe you can seek out his advice, and then I'll save that post, and give it to everyone who has to transfer their game.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    My Game Center and itunes accounts match, but people have said it doesn't have to. But, it might go smoother if it all matches. When it wanted to start from the beginning, you immediately shut it down right? By shutting down I'm pretty sure you've created a new Device Data profile (for total lack of the right term). If you open again, and it should go to the Customize page. Without customizing anything, if you just tap the Start button, hopefully a little box will open up asking if you want to play with Device A Data (and it lists level, $, Energy, Stars) or Device B Data (another set of stats) and you select the one you want. Whenever this pops up, Device B has always had the higher levels, and that's what I have chosen, but read it carefully. And tap the right choice. Then, it loads, and in my case my restored game has come up.

So far, each successful transfer I have heard of has included the "I shut it down right away" condition. I hope this works for you. You know who is very good at explaining the best way to do this? Alkoholiks. He is clear, concise, and easy to understand. Maybe you can seek out his advice, and then I'll save that post, and give it to everyone who has to transfer their game.

Ugh, forget it! I pressed the iOS update (I had to because I was having other problems), and iFunbox doesn't work at all anymore. :(.

Thanks for your help though!

Is there another way to do this without iFunbox? I really would like to transfer it because my iPad is on its last leg :(
  • Options
    My ipad upgrade was in September. and it was just as I described it, no funbox involved. Do a search for transferring your game, and all I can say is the successfully transferred games I've heard about are all based on the game being saved to the iCloud. Good luck, and I seriously suggest look at Alkoholiks posts, and I believe I remember him posting about saving the game. If I were lost, I'd follow him. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    My ipad upgrade was in September. and it was just as I described it, no funbox involved. Do a search for transferring your game, and all I can say is the successfully transferred games I've heard about are all based on the game being saved to the iCloud. Good luck, and I seriously suggest look at Alkoholiks posts, and I believe I remember him posting about saving the game. If I were lost, I'd follow him. :)

I got it! I never used icloud before *facepalm*.

I had nooooo idea that you could save the game this way. I backed up my iPad (not using iOS 8.3) device with the funbox, so I have that file on my computer just in case. But if I lose my game (I cry thinking about this, lol), I can still go back to the cloud and get it, right?
  • Options
    Yay. I love it when there is happy resolution. now, as far as I heard, supposedly ifunbox doesn't work with the new ipad update. So some of us are just out of luck That ticks me off. I am so afraid of losing my game. But I'm glad it worked out for you. But yeah, if it's all backed up on the icloud, you should be good. But, I'm old fashioned, I'd feel better if I had my back up as well.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SmacciemacSmacciemac Registered Users 7 Posts
    Upgraded today from Galaxy S3 to Galaxy 6S and lost everything.. copying files from old phone to new phone didn't work.. maybe I did it in the wrong order or something.. I don't know.. bit tried numerous times and am quite mad.. lost A list.. money that I've put into the game etc.
  • Options
    Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
    If you have updated to iOS 8.3 and need to revert to ios 8.2 this is still possible for now. Apple can stop signing this at any time!

Go here https://ipsw.me. Look up your iOS device and download the file. Once downloaded move to your desktop. Perform a DFU restore of your iOS device, Google dfu restore. CAUTION you will lose everything on your device, back up everything important first.

Your kkh game should be safe in iCloud. Once your device shows as restoring in iTunes shift+click on restore and select that file you downloaded.

I was able to do this this afternoon so I can backup via ifunbox again. Please note Applecan pull the ability to rollback any day now
  • Options
    I would so like to try this. But I am a big terminal case scaredy cat. If you try this, please be careful and make sure you know what you're doing. Does anyone want to spell it out in even simpler terms? Just please be careful, I don't want anyone to lose their gamss.

What is a dfu?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    miseeharrismiseeharris Registered Users 1 Posts
    Nice suggestions. Thanks :)
  • Options
    kiwkibookiwkiboo Registered Users 1 Posts
    Cannot sync progress from my android tablet to android phone for a month. It was okay on February but somehow sync just stop working. I logged in my google and Facebook account and I checked for sure. Already submitted two tickets on March but only received automatic email so far. Please help
  • Options
    Hi. First off, I was advised by Glu that you are asking for problems if you go back and forth like that. However, maybe things have changed in 6 months, so you just have to wait till they get to your ticket. Once you get the confirmation that they've received your issue, it's just waiting in queue for assistance. I know a lot of people do go back and forth, but I feel lucky everytime my games open up and everything is there. So, hang in there, I'm sorry it's happening.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SmacciemacSmacciemac Registered Users 7 Posts
    I received no reply and never was able to get my game back.. Had to start from scratch.. I do know now though.. I will no longer spend even $.99 on this game anymore.. if I lost it once, I'm quite sure I will again if something happens to my phone or I upgrade it again..
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    i wish i had an android device so i could peek at the file structure. i can tell you guys trying to backup on android that the info in the first post might not work if the right files are not copied. on apple devices there is a folder inside the game folder called documents. inside that is some files that end in .sav

those are the actual game save files. should be some backup saves as well. i wish i never sold my htc i could help out much more. i'm also looking into a work around for ifunbox. there are other programs that access the file structure.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    A short while ago, maybe Feb, I was talking to Samsung for help. She went into great detail telling me that the portion of the game that saved on the device were things like pictures and sound. So, if it's not the device, it's the cloud. Then others tell you it's not the cloud it's the device, which is why when you wipe your phone people lose games. I give up.

Now Alkoholiks, If I can screenshot or something file struction, pm me and I'll be happy to let you see my androids insides. (Blush)

PS the workaround for apple would be awesome. I would love to follow your instructions to save my games. Why don't they want us to save it like any other files?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    If Glu could just tell us the file names of the game saves then all you need to do is search for it use a explorer app. I use ES File Explorer
    Yogi Bear
    A++ List Ranked #136
    102.4 Million Fans
    2nd Come Back Quest
    A-List Couple Ranked #1

K&K
    Yogi Bear
    39 Followers

Yogi Bear
    Mainstream Ranked #106
    177.3K Fans
    416.8K Sold
    Bluestacks 2.0.2
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    ok, it just dawned on me, what about going to the genius bar? The thing I hate about Android is there is no Genius Bar. If I have a problem or something, I go there and ask them to do it. Believe me, they do this in their sleep. Maybe my Genius Bar is nicer than some others, but seriously, can you go there and ask them to do it for you? They can probably hook something up, save your stuff and then transfer it over. I hope this isn't the lack of caffeine talking, but would this work for you? Apple store nearby?

Thanks for the suggestion, it's already done, but I did it on my own with iCloud. I backed up only the game and some app and then restored my iPad from iCloud. It was very stressful though lol but no problems with tranfer, i'm playing on my iPad now :)
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    2krystal52krystal5 Registered Users 20 Posts
    So I have my game on my iPhone 5 and just got an iPhone 6... This is the route I should take to get the same game on my new phone right? Because as of now even though I'm logged into Game Center under the same login info on both phones my new phone has me starting a new game.
  • Options
    Please can some one figure this out for android so I may save the game and reinstall to update the game then load the save game back. I am getting to angry it's not even funny
    Yogi Bear
    A++ List Ranked #136
    102.4 Million Fans
    2nd Come Back Quest
    A-List Couple Ranked #1

K&K
    Yogi Bear
    39 Followers

Yogi Bear
    Mainstream Ranked #106
    177.3K Fans
    416.8K Sold
    Bluestacks 2.0.2
  • Options
    2krystal52krystal5 Registered Users 20 Posts
    So just wanted to add to this... I sync'd my old phone to iTunes and then sync'd my new phone and it transferred everything over. Didn't lose a dime or anything in my game!! YEAY!!!!!!
  • Options
    Donyelle21Donyelle21 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I am log into GooglePlay and my facebook but yet my game have not load onto my phone. My saved game is on my samsung galaxy tab and did not transfer to my samsung galaxy phone s5 phone. Why? I dont have a computer so obviously wouldnt go that route.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.