Options

Replaced Thread: Game Crashes upon loading since Tokyo Update - iOS/Android Only

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
Hi. At this time, this is just for reporting this game crashing/not opening on ios and Android platforms.

A number of you have posted that your game is crashing upon opening, or won't load since the Tokyo Update. We're sorry this is happening, and could use your help pinpointing and fixing the problem. Please post here in this thread if this is your problem.

Please list
Platorm
Device
Level

Very brief explanation of what happens.

Thanks for your help, and please remember to just post your details here. Watch the thread for any responses or requests for more info from Glu.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Please bear with us while we try and sort this out. :)
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134

Comments

• Options
    SarahUKSarahUK Registered Users 59 Posts
    Thanks for redirecting me to this link I really appreciate it! I'm on Level 34, and I'd just started my 3rd & final comeback, I was at the D+++ list when all of a sudden the game stopped loading. Every time I try to start it it just disappears on the start up page. It's still "open" on my list of open applications but it just won't load.

I'm playing on an iPhone 5S, on the latest software, and latest game update. I've tried closing everything, rebooting, dumping some memory (I have 2gb free, I'm not sure that that's enough?) but nothing's working

I don't want to reinstall the game because I have no idea how far back it's actually going to take me (I really couldn't face doing any more comebacks!!)

If it helps there seemed to be a "glitch" for the last couple of days before it stopped loading... all of a sudden when you added friends to shoots or parties their energy would recharge instantly if you closed the game and reopened it... if that makes sense? the blue dot above their heads would reappear instantly if you closed the game then reopened it. I wasn't sure if this was a new feature (it helped complete tasks quicker!) or if it was a glitch...

Anyway, it's still not opening, God knows what I'm going back to by the time it opens again... any suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Game Centre name: NickieSault, A+++ List, KKH Currently on Level 62
  • Options
    JanlewisallagoaJanlewisallagoa Registered Users 2 Posts
    My game hasn't worked all day today. It worked for a few days after the update but now it gets to the start up loading page and then just goes back to my home screen.
  • Options
    My game hasn't worked all day today. It worked for a few days after the update but now it gets to the start up loading page and then just goes back to my home screen.

Please edit your post to include Platform/Device/ level thanks.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    BlissBliss Registered Users 8 Posts
    IOS (latest) on iPhone 6 and level 15, game hasn't been working since thursday and the game opens until loading screen, blacks out and closes. Shows that it is open in background but cannot access through there either. Submitted a customer care ticket but have not heard back yet.
  • Options
    TabooTemptressTabooTemptress Registered Users 1 Posts
    Beginning on April 22nd, my KKH game does not load on my Apple iOS (latest) iPhone 6 device. I am level 34. I was able to successfully download the Tokyo update earlier this week. My WiFi strength is strong, I have no other apps running in the background, and I have turned my phone off and on. I have been playing the game since the app first debuted, and have not had an issue with loading it until now. Games and other apps are running well.

When I attempt to load the game, I see the Glu logo page, followed by the Kim Kardashian Hollywood logo. While loading, after about 3 seconds, the screen reverts back to my iPhone desktop. This has been a recurring problem since the 22nd.

Part of me thinks this has something to do with the Game Center, because it seems to crash on the load page right when or just before the Game Center banner at the top appears. I have also tried loading the game from the Game Center instead of from the game icon, but the problem persists.

I sent a description of my problem to Glu customer care on the 22nd and received a ticket. Please let me know if you have any advice for how to resolve this issue. Thanks!
  • Options
    Tscott238Tscott238 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Hi, I am having the same issue since yesterday morning. :( I click to launch the app on my iPad mini and it starts loading and then closes out completely.

Platform: iOS 8.3
    Device:iPad mini
    Level: I believe 29 (was just about to level up when it crashed)

Please help! Your assistance is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you
  • Options
    Hi. I notified Glu about this issue, and the thread, so please sit a little tighter, and now between your individual Customer Care ticket requests, and this thread hopefully you'll see results soon. Even though a few of you didn't list platform/device info I haven't seen any Android complaints about this. Maybe that narrows it down a little. It's very likely they're already working on this, so now just continue to list your details here and check back to see any developments or instructions. Thanks for your patience.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    BrittanyLaiBrittanyLai Registered Users 1 Posts
    Platform : iOS 8.3
    Device: iPhone 6 plus
    Level: 28

I'm stuck in the " Stand in" job which is Kim double booked and ask me for help. I did the video shoot job, and the left hand side job list is double marked. Which meant I have done the job.

But right hand side job list still didn't mark yet. So even though I've done the job but I can't receive call from Simon to tell me what to do next. Please help.
  • Options
    Platform : iOS 8.3
    Device: iPhone 6 plus
    Level: 28

I'm stuck in the " Stand in" job which is Kim double booked and ask me for help. I did the video shoot job, and the left hand side job list is double marked. Which meant I have done the job.

But right hand side job list still didn't mark yet. So even though I've done the job but I can't receive call from Simon to tell me what to do next. Please help.

Hi. Wrong thread. this is for games that are crashing upon loading, meaning you can't play. Your issue is that you keep getting called for the same job....it won't go away. Plus, the correct thread explains Glu knows about this, and it will be fixed just stop doing the task over and over, ignore it for now.

So, again - if you're game is crashing upon starting and you are playing on iOS or Android, please leave your platform/Device and level info in this thread.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi. Heard back from Glu, and they're
    "working on this problem as we speak. It's not so straightforward, so it's proving difficult to recreate and diagnose. We don't have an ETA on the fix yet, but we'll try to fix it as fast as possible.
    As always, thanks for your continued support."

So guys, there it is, they're on it, and I'm sure the glitch will be fixed soon. So thank you for your patience, and just hang in there, help is on the way.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    YogiBearYogiBear Registered Users 79 Posts
    I need help I am still unable to update the game, maybe something on my phone is stopping it I don't know is the any way I can force the update please. I love this game but I am not a computer geek, thanks for the help
    KK: H
    Yogi Bear
    A++ List Ranked #136
    102.4 Million Fans
    2nd Come Back Quest
    A-List Couple Ranked #1

K&K
    Yogi Bear
    39 Followers

BS: AD
    Yogi Bear
    Mainstream Ranked #106
    177.3K Fans
    416.8K Sold
    Bluestacks 2.0.2
  • Options
    BlissBliss Registered Users 8 Posts
    Do you have an estimate of when this issue may be resolved?
  • Options
    Bliss wrote: »
    Do you have an estimate of when this issue may be resolved?
    "working on this problem as we speak. It's not so straightforward, so it's proving difficult to recreate and diagnose. We don't have an ETA on the fix yet, but we'll try to fix it as fast as possible.

So guys, there it is, they're on it, and I'm sure the glitch will be fixed soon. So thank you for your patience, and just hang in there, help is on the way.

Glu said they don't have an eta (estimated time of arrival) on the fix, but they're trying to fix it as fast as possible.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi. Back a little over 2 weeks ago, you posted you lost everything because you couldn't back up your phone? How did that work out? Is this the same game you're having a problem with now? Also,, what Platform/Device are you playing on? Why not do an advanced search for "forcing Update" or hopefully the new movement on this thread will spur some better tech advice than I've got, especially at 11:30 at night. Sorry I can't be more help right now.

Very sorry this is happening.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Zuzule1Zuzule1 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Android/tablet Fujitsu/ 16or 17..i just leveled up..I click to launch the app on my tablet and it starts loading and then closes out completely..Please help..thanks
  • Options
    Zuzule1 wrote: »
    Android/tablet Fujitsu/ 16or 17..i just leveled up..I click to launch the app on my tablet and it starts loading and then closes out completely..Please help..thanks

At this time, the fix went out last evening, if you still have this problem, post your details below, as requested by KK:H_Staff.

(This post was modified 4/28 with corrected info)
    I'm very sorry this is happening,
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KK:H_StaffKK:H_Staff Registered Users 57 Posts
    Hi guys,

Yesterday (at about 18:45 EDT on April 27) we released a fix that should solve this issue for iOS.
    Aside from Zuzule1's message above which happened after the fix released, I didn't see any Android players reporting the same crash bug. Hopefully yesterday's fix solved the issue for the iOS players who were experiencing it.

If you are still experiencing the crash on load for v2.9.0, please notify us of your problem here stating your:
    - Platform
    - Device
    - Level
    - Game version
    - A brief explanation of what happens

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Zuzule1, we'll investigate your crashing now.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Kik:H_Staff,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I am still having the issue and have not received any updates.
  • Options
    SarahUKSarahUK Registered Users 59 Posts
    yep still the same... Level 34, latest iOS, Tokyo update on iPhone 5s
    Game Centre name: NickieSault, A+++ List, KKH Currently on Level 62
  • Options
    Keekz74Keekz74 Registered Users 1 Posts
    S4 has been crashing all day. Not impressed.
  • Options
    Game crash is since Sunday..i have just found this forum today..still not working..
  • Options
    KristelleKristelle Registered Users 1 Posts
    I'm having the same issue! My game takes me to the loading game screen then exits the app.
    Level 21 and currently #1 in the game plus #1 couple. It's super frustrating I can't play!!!
    iOS 8.3
    iPhone 6
  • Options
    Not sure if this is needed again:

Device iOS iPad

Game version 2.9.0

Level 29 (I was just about to level up)?

Launches and says "loading" then closes out completely.
  • Options
    Ok, sorry this is still happening for you guys, the issue is still being worked on, so please continue to list your info here, and know that Glu is working on it.

Very sorry you're dealing with this.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    melisanicomelisanico Registered Users 9 Posts
    Im playing on an android device and have been having the same problem for the last week or so. When is this going to be fixed? I was on level 15, my tablet`s android version is 4.2.2' game version 2.9.0
  • Options
    1234talya1234talya Registered Users 34 Posts
    Platform - Android
    Device - LG 3G VS985
    Level: 30s

I just login in and all my game info is gone I was all the way to the Tokyo event but hadn't Started it yet.
  • Options
    Now i´m a little angry..i wanna play but i can´t..do you have any new info? Should i uninstall and then install game or wait? Thanks :)
  • Options
    Please do not uninstall your game. Let me see what I can find out. Maybe some people can uninstall and reinstall, but I've seen too many lost games, and gluadmin said don't uninstall. So, hang on. I'm turning on the Bat Signal.

(Believe me, Glu wants us to be able to play, but we're always begging to the point of screaming for updates so there are bound to be bugs, and some bugs are specific to different sets of circumstances. )
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi, I heard back from Glu, Please don't uninstall the game. I was told "If they uninstall they will lose their progress for sure.
    Hopefully, they will resume their progress as soon as we fix the issue." Also, they are reaching out to some people from the thread, and fixing this is their highest priority bug.
    So, please hang in there. You don't want o lose you game. And, if anyone reading this, and suffering from this glitch, hasn't already done so, please list your platform, device, level, when the problem started and any other pertinent info.

Thank you for your patience, and know they're working on it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RanaelynRanaelyn Registered Users 1 Posts
    I've been playing this game for months now. So it was working fine but I'm to the part in the game where I'm working with misty on the Tokyo fashion line. I tried to get back on it and it's as if I started the entire game over. It's on the start page and I know for a fact that I didn't restart the game myself. So I'd really like to have this problem fixed because I am way to far to start over. Am I the only one who is experiencing this problem ?