Options

Replaced Thread: Game Crashes upon loading since Tokyo Update - iOS/Android Only

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Sorry this happened. I have to be honest, I'm hoping that the big update we think will come any minute resolves this. My heart really goes out to everyone here....last night I wanted to check that nothing was hanging before bed, so I couldn't get on. Kept toading and telling me network was unavailable. I immediately though, I swear this is true, after the initial wave of hopelessness swept over me, I'm always trying to look on the positive side of things, and I thought of this thread with my friends unable to open, and I swear I said "Well, I guess if I'm in the same boat it will mean more when I tell them I'm sorry they can't get on". Then of course I continued my panic for about an hour till it finally went through. I felt helpless, and that was unbearable. So please know I really do feel bad, and want this fixed for you more than anything. I thought for sure I'd be adding my info to the list and waiting. I'm so so sorry this is happening to you guys. That's all I wanted to say.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    4321joe4321joe Registered Users 3 Posts
    I played contract killer sniper a bit this morning on my kindle but for the last few hours I have to remove from device and reload from cloud but it is extremely slow and never loads.

From Koko: Hi, you're in the wrong forum. Please post this in this thread.
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?121845-Feedback-Bug-Report
    Thanks and hope your issue resolves soon.
  • Options
    Back to the KimKardashian: Hollywood Game.................

Please Either edit your latest post make a new post including your info in this format:

Platform - (ie:Android)
    Device - (ie: Samsung Galaxy S4)
    Level: (ie:33)

Brief Description: (ie: My game crashes. I can't login.)

Thanks for your help, and I'm sorry this is happening. But, the next big update is coming, and I can't help but think it will address these issues and glitches.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ChanrinChanrin Registered Users 516 Posts
    Sorry this happened. I have to be honest, I'm hoping that the big update we think will come any minute resolves this. My heart really goes out to everyone here....last night I wanted to check that nothing was hanging before bed, so I couldn't get on. Kept toading and telling me network was unavailable. I immediately though, I swear this is true, after the initial wave of hopelessness swept over me, I'm always trying to look on the positive side of things, and I thought of this thread with my friends unable to open, and I swear I said "Well, I guess if I'm in the same boat it will mean more when I tell them I'm sorry they can't get on". Then of course I continued my panic for about an hour till it finally went through. I felt helpless, and that was unbearable. So please know I really do feel bad, and want this fixed for you more than anything. I thought for sure I'd be adding my info to the list and waiting. I'm so so sorry this is happening to you guys. That's all I wanted to say.

Well, reading this thread I can see you're doing all you can to help people so don't beat yourself up and thank you for your efforts :)

It's true that I'm pretty sad; I've never had troubles with the game before, and it's coming at the worst moment (I wanna cry when I see the beautiful dress for the upcoming weekend event ;A; A dating event at that!! Those events are my favs but appear once in a blue moon TT_TT) But well, I guess the best we can do is waiting for the update...

I've got a question though, I saw in another thread that there was a way to save your progress in order to be able to play on another device without starting afresh... Do you think it could work for this issue ? If I uninstall and install the game again replacing the new files with the saved data, will it still crash ? Has someone ever tried that ?
    Do you hear the phone when I call ?
    Do you feel the thud when I fall?
    Do you hear the crack when I break ?

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    Ok, I have personally transferred my game from an old iPad to a brand new iPad
    And from a dying Android tablet to a brand new Samsung tablet.
    The other device can't have any previous account data, it might work but, I thought with a new device I'd have a better shot.

Oh....do you know if you had your device set to back up to the cloud? I had the good fortune to know I had to make a change and get everything set up beforehand. otherwise it could 50 50 depending on whether you were set to backup.

I'm going to ask 2 dopey questions. Have you cleared CACHE in your Application Manager, (while you're there, check and see if you're set to save to the Google Servers. Roadmaps for Apple & Android are around here somewhere if you need it. Let me know.)

And - after you clear your cache, shut down. reboot, go to the Play Store, and open the game from there? Might do nothing, might do something.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm on a samsung galaxy s3 android device. Because I'm not changing to a new device I'm afraid t won't work, I will not take the risk ^^" Cache is cleared but still nothing

As for the cloud, I'm not really sure to be honest. I try to always sync my game with my google + account but, because it's not automatic, there's a chance the cloud back up isn't up to date u_u Thx anyway

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    2 things on the plus side. 1st) The big update is around the corner. b) now you're in this thread, which is monitored by Glu, and they're working with people one on one in the meantime. Hope things improve for you soon. ;) And very nice to meet you though I wish it had been in a happier thread.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    FayewilliamsFayewilliams Registered Users 5 Posts
    Samsung Galaxy s3 Level 29. Game hasnt been worling for over a week know. I emailed Glu when the issue arised and nothings been done. Every time I got to start the game it says "kardashian: connecting to download" and then instantly errors me. I missed out on this weekends event because of it. Its annoying and kinda stressful. I've cleared the cache and tried everything but still nothing.

If I could get it fixed that would be fantastic.
  • Options
    Hi.

Little update on my situation. So the "baby update" miraculously made my problem go away.

Fortunately my "husband" did not leave me (tho it's probably because I was in the middle of a date when it first crashed) but I lost FIFTEEN hard-earned god**** points in the TOP Couples. I lost a week's salary from my So Chic malls and missed the weekend event.

Let's just say I hope it never happens again. Thx for the support on this thread anyway ^^

Xoxo

---
    #TeamCassio
  • Options
    About the fall in rank on the top couples. I don't think that had anything to do with you losing anything, but when the couples max points was raised, and lot of people burst ahead quickly. It runs much the same way you can be number 9 in your game and then the max is raised with an update and suddenly you drop behind as the max is raised and others pull ahead. It's comparative to others in your list. Hope this helps a little.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MeenakshimimMeenakshimim Registered Users 1 Posts
    Platform; Android
    Device ; Sony Xperia E4
    level 19 close to level 20 though.

I installed the new 'baby' update and it crashed. It was automatically deleted from my mobile. I reinstalled it and it says I have to start again! I am not going to take months on getting myself to A star celebrity.

Pleaaaaase help
  • Options
    CreepBerryCreepBerry Registered Users 4 Posts
    Platform : IOS
    Device : iPad Air (I also tried on iPhone 6)
    Level : 28

After the baby update on Kim Kardashian Hollywood, I wanted a baby with my partner. I spent the whole day going on dates until I finally reached max love bar. The problem is, every time I agree on making a baby with my partner, the game crashes and restarts. It happens every single time. I tried playing on my iPhone, but the same thing happens and I can't fix it no matter what I do. I really don't want to miss the baby shower event, is there any way when you finally fix this issue to bring back the event or something? :( I wrote an email to glu mobile customer care and I hope this bug is fixed soon. Thanks.
  • Options
    VixenVixen Registered Users 8 Posts
    I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini on Android. I am on level 28 and the game loads for a few seconds then crashes stating 'unfortunately, kardashian has stopped' giving the options 'report' or 'ok'
  • Options
    ReZuReKeDReZuReKeD Registered Users 1 Posts
    Platform: iOS 8.3
    Device: iPhone 6
    Level: 21

alright i have got maxed relationship and my spouse wants to start a family i click yes i do then she says we are going to be great parents then i click yes we are! and then my game crashes i tried reinstalling, but everytime i clicm yes we are! my game crashes
  • Options
    Hi. Glu does NOT recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your game. You're likely to have to start from scratch.

(I'm going to look around and see what I can find out about this glitch. I thought there was a different thread. )
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ReZuReKeD wrote: »
    Platform: iOS 8.3
    Device: iPhone 6
    Level: 21

alright i have got maxed relationship and my spouse wants to start a family i click yes i do then she says we are going to be great parents then i click yes we are! and then my game crashes i tried reinstalling, but everytime i clicm yes we are! my game crashes

Hi. There is a glitch thread about the game crashing when you say yes to parenting. Please go here, you'll see a trick to try about changing your eye color, read about 3 posts from KK:H_Staff and if it still doesn't work, please post your game info and you'll receive better help for this. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?135660-My-Game-Crashes-After-I-Agree-to-Being-Great-Parents
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    alyssamichelle719alyssamichelle719 Registered Users 16 Posts
    I'm on iOS 8 on an iPhone 5s and it quits right after the game center notification comes up, but only sometimes. Usually i'll try to swipe up to get it to go away quicker but when doing that the game quits.
    Game Center: alyssamichelle719
    KKH Level: 25 on the A List
  • Options
    Honesty4realHonesty4real Registered Users 10 Posts
    So I started my game over for the third time, and somewhat familiar with playing. My concern is that "On the fringe" is my goal , become a D list celebrity, I've made the D list but no rewards, the goal is even checked in the upper left corner. Am I missing something????
  • Options
    tashy_83tashy_83 Registered Users 3 Posts
    I'm on an iPhone6 with iOS 8.3 and since yesterday my game crashes every 20 seconds or so. It doesn't happen on any specific event. Sometimes when I get a notification and/or when I receive a phone call, when I talk to someone.. It's really annoying is there a problem with the game or is there something I can do? Please help..
  • Options
    ElenaChrElenaChr Registered Users 1 Posts
    My game started crashing an hour ago. I'm level 10, on iPad 3, newest OS update, no background apps, nothing. It will show me the Kim intro page, load the game to the part where I was playing before I closed it and then crash. I wasn't using it when it happened. I closed the game and returned and found it that way. Please fix it.
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    ^This is exactly the same issue that's happening to me right now! It happened really suddenly and I thought I was the only one.
    I start the game and it stays a couple seconds where i left it before kicking me out.

i'm on an iphone 4S
    iOS 8
    Level 29
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    karenrcoronelkarenrcoronel Registered Users 3 Posts
    The same thing happens to me, I'm on an iPad 2nd. generation, iOS 8.3 level 16. The game loads but it kicks me out after a few seconds, I try to go to the closet or anything but it crashes, kicking me out. It only stopped after a notification from the feed, but a few minutes after started again and kicked me out of the game. Id 4868B944-8DC7-4C90-AFAC-7231B6FF6786
  • Options
    Melanie WagersMelanie Wagers Registered Users 1 Posts
    Since the new update the game will not connect. I was on level 24 and I just had made it back to this level. I had originally been on level 30 when the game just took me back to the beginning and I lost all the clothes, stars, and money that I had purchased with my credit card. If I end up having to start over again I will just uninstall the game. I've been out way too much money and already started over for a second time without being reimbursed for anything. Hope this gets fixed soon and everything works out great. I don't want to stop playing because I really enjoy this game
  • Options
    LinaPlancarteLinaPlancarte Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have the last ipad in iOS 8.3 and as soon as I open the game, it crashes. I can see Kim but after that it crashes. I can't do anything about it.
  • Options
    *Hi Everyone. Heard from Glu, they're in the forums daily trying to make note of and address issues, but they need the help of those affected. So Here's what Glu asks of you.

Game Crashing Since Tokyo Update & "Since Last Night":
    - This bug is more difficult and usually our highest priority. Unfortunately, if a player is crashing on launch, they can't get their Hollywood ID.
    - Please ask the players to note their platform, device, OS, level, and brief description of their situation .
    - As we see the patterns in people's posts we will be able to find a solution and release the fix quickly.
    - Sometimes it takes time for us to find a solution because the cause is not obvious at first. Understand though that we treat crash bugs as the highest priority and we fix any as fast as we can diagnose them.

************This is Koko again
    That was it for now. Please know that Glu does appreciate your help and patience. And they stress that crashing is highest priority.

Again thanks for your help. Please only post the details requested. The neater we keep this thread, the easier for Glu to come in make note of the details and get this fixed. So please, post your OS(Platform) / Device / Level and brief details of what happened. (ie: After Baby update I can't get in/ haven't been able to load since Tokyo/ happened last night while collecting payout for task......you get the idea)

Thank you for your patience.

ETA: I just had a thought in your details just mention if you are ad free (buying any amount of stars removes ads) or not.

Eta Again: just found out that will not help in providing your game ID. Sorry about that.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    smithy69smithy69 Registered Users 3 Posts
    The app will not let me launch it was fine then an hour later it was crashing
    I have an IOS 8 ipod touch I'm on level 25 and I'm apo free and had just bought a 7.99 star package
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    My device is iPhone 4S, iOS 8, level 29. I have never bought any K-Stars or money.

Yesterday I was on a quest, with Perez [interview/photo shoot], and ran out of energy, I went out to tap on objects to regain energy and upon arriving at Paris, the game crashed. This went on several times. The game would load, and then it'd kick me out after 3 seconds or less.

I left the device without opening the app and the issue "seemed" to have gotten fixed on its own, but today it's been kicking me out as well. Only twice, though.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    LQTrish01LQTrish01 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Ok, so I was playing normally and that day I was getting married. After I got married I stopped playing from there for a short period of time (2-3 hours). When I came back to play the app seemed to be loading, but then it closed immediately and sent me back to my home page. It showed that the app was still open on my multi-tasking view, so I restarted my device and nothing changed and it did the same thing.

I'm playing on my iPhone 5s, I have the latest iOS version, and the most recent update on the game. I'm on level 19. What's happening I don't want to start all over again, because I think we all know that it's not easy recovering all your progress once you delete the app, which I do not want to do, I don't understand this.
  • Options
    VixenVixen Registered Users 8 Posts
    Samsung S3
    Android 4.1.2
    Level 28
    I am not ad free

Since the baby update, the game continues to crash and close the KKH application.
  • Options
    SenneSenne Registered Users 6 Posts
    My game is crashing after this new update (babies) gosh its drivin me crazy everytime i am sayin yes and next moment am seeing my phone home screen , have sent so many complaints , done everything told by them and complained again and after a week no response and nothing happend !!!