Weekend Event 7/17/2015 - Sizzling Summer Star Studded Spectacular

1235715

Comments

  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    Really loving this weekends looks it's so great to get some new facial features and even more beautiful hair. It looks amazing on you DMV and Luz! I tried to get it myself but ran out of kstars sadly but I managed to get the eyes, the necklace, some cash and that hideous all in one outfit with the jacket and wide leg trousers, hideous!

    EA4F9936-4B05-429C-91E1-161E7FFC6FFD_zpslcikyz9w.jpg
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

    Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • kkh.isabellagracekkh.isabellagrace Registered Users 108 Posts
    This may sound super silly, but I feel like I'm about to cry. I want the eyes so, so bad and waste all of my stars opening boxes. Got nothing good. I purchased more stars (I live in venzuelan and spending dollars in the game is totally insane because all the economy problems here) and also… Nothing. I know that the game is just a game, but I can't help it. I feel super sad. I don't want to do the event anymore.
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I broke my gift box rule, have a bunch of $4000 prizes, but also the hair! Also, the new eyes which make me look like someone else so I'm not using them, and the necklace, but THE HAIR!

    931d277b-e91b-42cb-8121-5c200c2a3dbc_zpsxniztdvn.jpg

    And I'm basking in a giddy afterglow... I wasted too many Kstars, but these prizes are soooooo good that I don't care at all. Yay!

    I LOVE the hair!! I really wanted it in my gift box, but I got the eyes. I had black eyeliner on when I tried them on and didn't think to try other eyeliner colors. Maybe it isn't so bad now that I have seen it without black eyeliner. However, that hair...UGH! So pretty!!! I may be trying my luck buying boxes.


    ~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    This may sound super silly, but I feel like I'm about to cry. I want the eyes so, so bad and waste all of my stars opening boxes. Got nothing good. I purchased more stars (I live in venzuelan and spending dollars in the game is totally insane because all the economy problems here) and also… Nothing. I know that the game is just a game, but I can't help it. I feel super sad. I don't want to do the event anymore.

    I should be working, but just wanted to say I'm very sorry Isabella! I think everybody here has been there with you at some point! This game creates some pretty intense feelings, doesn't it? I'm so sorry, hon.

    If you don't play enough to win the new lips and the hair, which are the two first prizes at least, will you regret that later? Please, try for the new lips when you feel little better, then take a picture of your girl looking hott as hell, and come post it here! Okay?

    The gift boxes aren't too cool, that's for sure.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

    .
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    This may sound super silly, but I feel like I'm about to cry. I want the eyes so, so bad and waste all of my stars opening boxes. Got nothing good. I purchased more stars (I live in venzuelan and spending dollars in the game is totally insane because all the economy problems here) and also… Nothing. I know that the game is just a game, but I can't help it. I feel super sad. I don't want to do the event anymore.
    I've been there sweetie, it really sucks. I feel your pain I really do. I have wasted hundreds - no, THOUSANDS - of K-stars trying to get items, only to strike out every time. Don't give up though. There is always the chance Glu offers the eyes to purchase later, they've done it before. :)
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    This may sound super silly, but I feel like I'm about to cry. I want the eyes so, so bad and waste all of my stars opening boxes. Got nothing good. I purchased more stars (I live in venzuelan and spending dollars in the game is totally insane because all the economy problems here) and also… Nothing. I know that the game is just a game, but I can't help it. I feel super sad. I don't want to do the event anymore.
    i can't spend anymore money on Kstars too. It is disappointing but that's life. Weeks ago everybody including myself felt so heartbroken for Vats not getting his Brad Pitt hair. I have to face the fact that I'll have to eat top ramen noodles & edamame all next week because I blew what little cash I have left for Kstars.

    I dont usually really spend a cent on gift boxes but the eyes and lips seduced me lol. Hopefully Glu will eventually put some of these much coveted event items for sale. Fingers & toes crossed. The eyes are amazing. Thick eyebrows & cat-like, big Indian eyes.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    i can't spend anymore money on Kstars too. It is disappointing but that's life. Weeks ago everybody including myself felt so heartbroken for Vats not getting his Brad Pitt hair. I have to face the fact that I'll have to eat top ramen noodles & edamame all next week because I blew what little cash I have left for Kstars.

    I dont usually really spend a cent on gift boxes but the eyes and lips seduced me lol. Hopefully Glu will eventually put some of these much coveted event items for sale. Fingers & toes crossed. The eyes are amazing. Thick eyebrows & cat-like, big Indian eyes.

    Instant noodles and edamame are my fav though.

    I still haven't braced myself to open the gift boxes, I'm determined to get the hair and eyes! I need the right moment...
    PM to add
  • DazedmoonDazedmoon Registered Users 28 Posts
    I am super sick to my stomach today and still at work with 7 and a half more hours ahead of me but I'd be lying if I said this didn't make me feel better
    2pyokll.jpg
    So so so happy with all the prizes!
    Nicole
    GC: dazedmoon
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    I want lipgloss but no with those horrible lips.
  • MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    I spent 40 K-stars (that I won from my free gift box last weekend) on another box hoping for the hair. I only got 50 energy. I can't complain though, since I did get the eyes. Also, it is WAY better than cash. The energy helped me finish 2 gigs, which then pushed me over to advancing to level 30.

    I will say that I was disappointed that I never even SAW the hair in either of the gift boxes that I opened. I saw the necklace both times, with the eyes also in the first.


    ~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Instant noodles and edamame are my fav though.

    I still haven't braced myself to open the gift boxes, I'm determined to get the hair and eyes! I need the right moment...
    Yeah I actually like it, too. But for seven days in a row? Maybe I'll break down & call my ex so he can treat me for a bento box lol. I am very determined as well. I really want the eyes & it always escapes me. Same thing last week with the silver bracelet. In the end I did get it but who knows? Let's stay hopeful, girl. I've got a good feeling about this.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • SayuSayu Registered Users 90 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Jeez, I'm sorry Sayu! I sounded like a rotten brat, yikes.

    I wish I could give you the eyes, too! Looking back at DMV's with and without makeup pics, I played with the eyes a bit more, and realized that I look exquisitely Indian with them, so I like that. But I would send them to you in a second!
    a0e66dec-9ceb-4323-bbf7-215db0515395_zps4igcyshw.jpg

    Well, to me, I look Indian right now. <hope that comment doesn't seem inappropriate to anybody.> And gorgeous. A new look, for sure. I think the eyebrows might be the best ones in the game, actually! Who was it here who has the eyebrow fetish?

    Oh! You're such a sweetie ^^ and yup, I also think these eyebrows are the best ones *-*
  • carolineaplumcarolineaplum Registered Users 10 Posts
    Ugh, I HATE having to have my moms Apple ID. I'm not allowed to buy any more stuff, even though it's not her paying. -_- In the gift box I got 4000 cash, which is okay, BUT THE EYES

    THE
    EYES
    I use my moms GC and Apple ID, so I can't add anyone at the moment. :(
  • wolfandbutlerwolfandbutler Registered Users 325 Posts
    I don't understand how 50 energy helps you finish two gigs. I am only doing 3 hr gigs but each one still takes up over way 40 energy each. It's ridiculous. I used to be able to complete them with a bit over 30. What changed?
  • NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Ooohhh you know what would be fun...a fashion show with things that we are earning this weekend!! Idk jus sayin:P

    Also speaking of ramen, and keeping in line with stellan's taco theme; I give you Ramen Tacos!

    bacon-ranch-ramen-taco_zpsh2h3wlbo.jpg

    Now I am craving one..lol..
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

    GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    I have a question. Do all of this week's gift box items have points or is it just the So Glam items? It would be so unfair if it were just the GS stuff that garner points.

    Only the GS items give bonus points. Sadly, it's always been that way :(
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

    Andriod player
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Was a little disappointed the guys didn't get new facial features as well but I got the hair out of my free giftbox so that made up for it! I'm not even going to waste K-Stars trying to get the other items because they're all ugly in my opinion.

    The guys did get the short end of the stick this weekend, but Congrats Trev! Post a pic with ur new hair styled with ur fav outfit

    Lgordon19 wrote: »
    Congrats on that hair, Trevor! Yeah, I'm kinda unmoved by my possible prizes too, which is probably a blessing really.

    And now another day at work awaits. Why doesn't my job recognize how much it messes with my goofing off? Ugh.

    Have fun today, people!

    What did u win in ur giftbox Stallen? How far are u with the earned prizes?
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

    Andriod player
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    320 Kstars later... Seriously though cash, energy, cash, energy.

    1st set, got the eyes on my last box. Happy and complacent so I kept going.

    5VuhRr1l.jpg

    Seriously these for my 2nd set?!

    HABVNhMl.jpg

    Seriously AGAIN?!

    rgMnAfUl.jpg

    Yeah consolation prize, necklace. Where's my hair!?

    n8kA1i3l.jpg

    320 Kstars no kidding. That's like 30 over bucks! I'm gonna pull this taylor swift stunt to Glu. Who's joining me?
    PM to add
  • Bee7Bee7 Registered Users 88 Posts
    The last few weekends I've gotten used to getting cash or energy in my giftboxes so I had kind of given up hope.

    Apparently that worked out well for me.. I got the eyes! I literally said "YES!" out loud because I was so surprised it wasn't energy! Haha
    GC: BaiBeeM

    G+ : BaileyM
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Men's

    NfT5P5Al.jpg
    ShCFoH6l.jpg

    I'm split on the earnable hairstyle - it could've been long but it's very 90s/Boy Meets World so my nostalgia makes it almost cute to me and at least the cuter look isn't in a gift box this time!

    I'm not as into the outfit but the blue pants are cute so hopefully I earn them when I hit the first landmark in the mission.
    Add me on android here ;3

    #ComeBackVats
  • DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Your doll looks drop dead gorgeous in this look. #BlondeBombshell
    Lyanna wrote: »
    Really loving this weekends looks it's so great to get some new facial features and even more beautiful hair. It looks amazing on you DMV and Luz! I tried to get it myself but ran out of kstars sadly but I managed to get the eyes, the necklace, some cash and that hideous all in one outfit with the jacket and wide leg trousers, hideous!

    EA4F9936-4B05-429C-91E1-161E7FFC6FFD_zpslcikyz9w.jpg
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

    Andriod player
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Stop the world I want to get down !!!!


    I am absolutely shocked at the rewards for women, finally lip gloss, two fabulous hair and stunning eyes plus two dresses!

    Do not get me wrong girls I'm absolutely happy to Glu have provided something so cool to you, but I came to feel when I was a kid and keep wondering why girls always had the coolest things while the boys were left with the boring things!

    Welcome new plaid shirt join all your sisters plaid shirts and brothers black shoes in my wardrobe!
    RzYkF5d.png?1

    I'm sorry Isabella, as Zoye and Luz said all we've been through this. you can be sad and angry and complain about here,but don't give up! When I lost my hair initially I reacted well, but over the days I've been getting bitter, and with the game becoming difficult and the appearance of glitches I cursed life!

    I will not lie I still have a hole in my heart, but my mood is already better! Hope you feel better soon too!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • EternalLoveEternalLove Registered Users 46 Posts
    I caved and opened another box and got cash, I really wanted the hair but don't want to waste the rest of my K Stars, oh well at least I got the eyes :)
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Luz you muy muy bella, me fascina!! And I totally understand you with the eyes, because as much as I change my doll the face still stay the same, so with the new eyes I feel like I've changed my dolls initial appearance.

    Isabelle, I'm sorry... It really does suck. It actually gets me angry for all of us that have been there or like Nai, who also spent all these Kstars (for the hair I'm guessing Nai) and nothing. I vowed a long time ago I wouldn't go for gift boxes because it just gets me angry, plus there's things in my wardrobe I could buy for what the 40k stars boxes are worth.

    I am in the other hand extremely happy, because I actually got the eyes, I don't know how many months it's been since I got something! I would have preferred the hair, but I'm happy I actually got something from the weekend event.


    IMG_1305_zps2411ed03.jpg
    GC Minne622
  • Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    Oh and Vats I totally feel ya on that plaid after plaid after plaid... Some boring old man must be behind/handling the men's clothes because it sucks!!! I wish they would incorporate more of what guys are wearing now days. I live in Los Angeles and the guys out are here sporting the man bun and the long fitted tshirts, I would definitely love to see that come to life in the game.
    GC Minne622
  • kkh.isabellagracekkh.isabellagrace Registered Users 108 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I should be working, but just wanted to say I'm very sorry Isabella! I think everybody here has been there with you at some point! This game creates some pretty intense feelings, doesn't it? I'm so sorry, hon.

    If you don't play enough to win the new lips and the hair, which are the two first prizes at least, will you regret that later? Please, try for the new lips when you feel little better, then take a picture of your girl looking hott as hell, and come post it here! Okay?

    The gift boxes aren't too cool, that's for sure.

    Thanks for taking some time to make me feel better, Luz. You are such a sweetheart and you definitely give me some motivation to do this. And totally, the game can give you some severe feelings.

    I'll post my picture later, thank you once again.
  • kkh.isabellagracekkh.isabellagrace Registered Users 108 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Stop the world I want to get down !!!!


    I am absolutely shocked at the rewards for women, finally lip gloss, two fabulous hair and stunning eyes plus two dresses!

    Do not get me wrong girls I'm absolutely happy to Glu have provided something so cool to you, but I came to feel when I was a kid and keep wondering why girls always had the coolest things while the boys were left with the boring things!

    Welcome new plaid shirt join all your sisters plaid shirts and brothers black shoes in my wardrobe!
    RzYkF5d.png?1

    I'm sorry Isabella, as Zoye and Luz said all we've been through this. you can be sad and angry and complain about here,but don't give up! When I lost my hair initially I reacted well, but over the days I've been getting bitter, and with the game becoming difficult and the appearance of glitches I cursed life!

    I will not lie I still have a hole in my heart, but my mood is already better! Hope you feel better soon too!

    You are totally right, I mean they copy some looks of Kanye and Scott. But that's not the only mens that they can used for the looks in the game.

    Obviously, the game is inspired in the Kardashians, but they should put more effort in the guys too. And there shouldn't be excuses like: "This is a game for girls" because guys deserve some good outfits, facial features and eyes too.
  • kkh.isabellagracekkh.isabellagrace Registered Users 108 Posts
    Minne623 wrote: »
    Isabelle, I'm sorry... It really does suck. It actually gets me angry for all of us that have been there or like Nai, who also spent all these Kstars (for the hair I'm guessing Nai) and nothing. I vowed a long time ago I wouldn't go for gift boxes because it just gets me angry, plus there's things in my wardrobe I could buy for what the 40k stars boxes are worth.

    I am in the other hand extremely happy, because I actually got the eyes, I don't know how many months it's been since I got something! I would have preferred the hair, but I'm happy I actually got something from the weekend event.


    IMG_1305_zps2411ed03.jpg

    Don't worry, hun. That's life.

    But I think Glu should remove the cash and the energy after you opened three gift boxes. That would be fair. But of course, they won't do it.

    You look AMAZING and I'm happy for you. Those eyes look so beautiful.
    I've been there sweetie, it really sucks. I feel your pain I really do. I have wasted hundreds - no, THOUSANDS - of K-stars trying to get items, only to strike out every time. Don't give up though. There is always the chance Glu offers the eyes to purchase later, they've done it before. :)

    I really hope that in a not so long future, they bring these beautiful eyes back and also the hairstyle. I've been playing since june of 2014 and I've never seen that they bring something back from a previous event. But, who knows.. Let's hope for the best.

    And totally, once you opened a gift box and you don't get what you wanted, you can't stop. You open more and more.
    Naimonster wrote: »
    320 Kstars later... Seriously though cash, energy, cash, energy.

    1st set, got the eyes on my last box. Happy and complacent so I kept going.

    5VuhRr1l.jpg

    Seriously these for my 2nd set?!

    HABVNhMl.jpg

    Yeah consolation prize, necklace. Where's my hair!?

    n8kA1i3l.jpg

    320 Kstars no kidding. That's like 30 over bucks! I'm gonna pull this taylor swift stunt to Glu. Who's joining me?

    So I play Taylor's (bae of my life) Swift while scrolling on your post and I can totally feel the angry. This morning I felt just like that, and the feeling is super annoying. But, hey at least you got the eyes.
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    i can't spend anymore money on Kstars too. It is disappointing but that's life. Weeks ago everybody including myself felt so heartbroken for Vats not getting his Brad Pitt hair. I have to face the fact that I'll have to eat top ramen noodles & edamame all next week because I blew what little cash I have left for Kstars.

    I dont usually really spend a cent on gift boxes but the eyes and lips seduced me lol. Hopefully Glu will eventually put some of these much coveted event items for sale. Fingers & toes crossed. The eyes are amazing. Thick eyebrows & cat-like, big Indian eyes.

    I'm totally supporting you Zoyechka, let's hope for the best and fingers and toes crossed.
    FingersCrossed_001-400w.jpg?token=rO9IojcO70vA0uObWdxKjRRh72o%3D


    That's what hurts me the most THE.EYEBROWS.ARE.SO.THICK.AND.BEAUTIFUL.
  • natchulanatchula Registered Users 135 Posts
    I went ahead and bought myself a pack of k-stars. I just couldn't resist. The first box I opened I got 40 stars, the dress and the eyes!!!!

    1zx2r2r.jpg

    Then I opened another set of gift boxes and I got the hair and $4000. Not too bad in my opinion, I still have the necklace left but I don't necessarily want it, you know?

    3356o81.jpg

    But my doll looks so good, and actually resembles me in RL! Of course without all the style but the hair, I style it just like that.

    2n9c0tz.jpg

    Now my attention is focused on the event because I really want those lips and the other hair.
    add me on GC; natbchula
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    natchula wrote: »

    But my doll looks so good, and actually resembles me in RL! Of course without all the style but the hair, I style it just like that.

    2n9c0tz.jpg

    Now my attention is focused on the event because I really want those lips and the other hair.

    Your doll looks amazing! So wish I could have got that hair but 240Kstars later and I think it's time to stop when all you're getting is cash and all the bargain basement clothes and ratchet shoes
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

    Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.